Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,321 members, 7,836,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (520395 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: lol! Baffles me how you guys only remember me when my mumsy shows up.....
I don't think so, I think some people here are yet to start spelling your moniker correctly and so you don't get mentions when the mention you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
vest: helo any body home
Yes, how has your day been
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:24pm On Sep 25, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: welcome mum. I missed you very much!
And yes they did something to me o! They pursued me and never called me again even when i dropped in a couple of times in your absence asking of you

since you're back, you can be sure i am too grin grin

my one and only mumsy!

What did you bring for me na? grin
Aww I thought as much, am back now to deal with anyone who did anything to you. I brought you many kiddies goodies. How are you?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Rich4god: Day 7
Reflection from... Matt 6:2-4
2 “So whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be praised by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your alms may be done in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
The message here is simple... When we give, we shouldnt let anyone know what we are doing in other not to recieve praise from them. In simple form, we shouldnt base our giving on external conditions... Such as; giving to recieve praise from friends: giving in other to impress friends; giving in other to make us look righteous in the eyes of others; giving because we dont want to be singled out as someone who doesnt give or to show that we are equal to the task; giving because others said we should do so or because a condition led to it... These are the type of giving that Christ condems... Rather, Christ is telling us that when we give, we should give because our heart wants to give; we should give because we saw a loop hole in the life of our neighbour and truly wants to fill it; we should give because we know its our duty to give; we should give because we see one another as brothers and sisters in Christ. Let your giving not based on any condition... Take a lot at this scenario from Mr A, Mr B and Mr C who leave side by side to each other.
Mr A is passing through a hard time, so he didnt have much to eat while Mr B and Mr C have enough for theirselve...
So on a sunday, Mr B cooked enough food and puts it in the fridge, hoping that its going to last for days, even though he knows that Mr A dont have anything to eat that day. Unfortunately, there was no light from that time even till the next morning. So Mr B decided to give some of it to Mr A so as to reduce the amount that might waste as a result of power outage.
On the other hand, Mr C knowing that Mr A dont have anything to each, decided to prepare enough food for both of them, after which he gave Mr A his own ration...
Now, among Mr B and Mr C, who do you think is a better neighbour to Mr A.... Both of them gave food to Mr A, but one person gave out of a condition, (in which if the condition is missing, he wouldnt have bothered to give) and the other person gave out genuinly because he wanted to help...
In summary, we should learn to give wihtout any condition and also try not to expect any form of appreciation from those we gave to... For true appreciation and reward comes from God who sees all that we do in this life....

We pray that God will help us to learn how to be a true giver... For its in giving that we recieve.... [s]pardon my grammatical structure... Was typing under duress[/s]
Nice one
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
Good evening!

Hope you all had a good day.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
SalC: MrAladin, how is your brother now, my prayers with him and your family at large
He is fine Ma'am.
he Is responding to treatment.....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2014
Kamsified, IFY124,
Syncan, Rich4god, jnrbayano, Kiddablingzz,striktlymi,
POPEII, wonda26, italo, Ubenedictus,salc,
babestell, Lovethywilbedon,
musKeeto, francistony, frodobee, hurricaneChris,
dagr8, chidima, damerry, mraladin, Mzflexydeeva, MariaGoretti, woky
Pardon MrAladin for not coming Online frequently.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
SalC: Yes, how has your day been
rainy nd urz
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:05pm On Sep 25, 2014
Kamsified... Landlor is around o... Come do the need full... How are you doing MrAladin...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 9:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
Rich4god: Kamsified... Landlor is around o... Come do the need full... How are you doing MrAladin...
Fine sir.
How parols na

you don check calendar
Month wan end ooo. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hope your brother is fine now MrAladin?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
MrAladin:
Fine sir.
How parols na

you don check calendar
Month wan end ooo. grin
Yes o month wan end... And inless than 2weeks, this thread go hit 1year... So try make sure say you collect all your rent... My regards to your brother...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2014
Faith Must not be used to justify violence
- Pope Francis.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 9:40pm On Sep 25, 2014
jnrbayano: Hope your brother is fine now MrAladin?
Yes sir..
The guy has been referred Back to his Unit for treatment.
Rich4god: Yes o month wan end... And inless than 2weeks, this thread go hit 1year... So try make sure say you collect all your rent... My regards to your brother...
Hmmm.
Oboyeh see record....
Na Gurus full dis thread i never even think Go that side sir.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
Appreciate The Beauty Of Life
Because Not Everyone Is Given This Chance.
I Would Like To Thank All Of All
For Being A Wonderful Family.
I Am Really Lucky To Be A Part
Of This Family And Wish You A Really Happy Anniversary.

#PEACE.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:01pm On Sep 25, 2014
SalC: Aww I thought as much, am back now to deal with anyone who did anything to you. I brought you many kiddies goodies. How are you?
Thats my mumsy!!

i'm doing very good.
you? hope the sabbatical was worth its purpose?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
SalC: I don't think so, I think some people here are yet to start spelling your moniker correctly and so you don't get mentions when the mention you.
as my mum says
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:36am On Sep 26, 2014
Burmak: Hello fellow catholics am a new member of precious blood apostolate i hv been trying to say the chaplets pls i want to know how and where it is appropriate to add my personal intention i will be glad if anyone can help thanks
On behalf of this wonderful family, I welcome you to the house. Please feel free to come around often, leave a comment, message, prayer, questions or simply just say hi
Peeping is highly prohibited

Welcome once again dear one
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:39am On Sep 26, 2014
btoks: Thanks, I've been a keen observer for a few years, rarely commented until recently when I got fed up with the continuous false anti catholic statements from the usuals. It amazes me how they continue to defend sola scriptura when the concept itself cannot be proven from the bible. My fear is really for those catholics not too strong in their faith who get swayed by the comments of these people.

Nice thread, I'll endeavour to pop in as and when I can.
God bless
Nice to have you here dearie. Warmest welcome from Vatican wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:40am On Sep 26, 2014
jnrbayano: Good morning brethren.

Wishing you all a nice day.
I greet you boss
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:45am On Sep 26, 2014
vest: is there any 1 from portharcourt dio6 here?

Tag: Babestell cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:49am On Sep 26, 2014
KiddaBlingzz: lol! Baffles me how you guys only remember me when my mumsy shows up.....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:50am On Sep 26, 2014
Rich4god: Kamsified carry am... She say she needs it more than you do...
Rich4god looking for trouble since 2001 grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Rich4god: Day 7
Reflection from... Matt 6:2-4
2 “So whenever you give alms, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be praised by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward. 3 But when you give alms, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, 4 so that your alms may be done in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you.
The message here is simple... When we give, we shouldnt let anyone know what we are doing in other not to recieve praise from them. In simple form, we shouldnt base our giving on external conditions... Such as; giving to recieve praise from friends: giving in other to impress friends; giving in other to make us look righteous in the eyes of others; giving because we dont want to be singled out as someone who doesnt give or to show that we are equal to the task; giving because others said we should do so or because a condition led to it... These are the type of giving that Christ condems... Rather, Christ is telling us that when we give, we should give because our heart wants to give; we should give because we saw a loop hole in the life of our neighbour and truly wants to fill it; we should give because we know its our duty to give; we should give because we see one another as brothers and sisters in Christ. Let your giving not based on any condition... Take a lot at this scenario from Mr A, Mr B and Mr C who leave side by side to each other.
Mr A is passing through a hard time, so he didnt have much to eat while Mr B and Mr C have enough for theirselve...
So on a sunday, Mr B cooked enough food and puts it in the fridge, hoping that its going to last for days, even though he knows that Mr A dont have anything to eat that day. Unfortunately, there was no light from that time even till the next morning. So Mr B decided to give some of it to Mr A so as to reduce the amount that might waste as a result of power outage.
On the other hand, Mr C knowing that Mr A dont have anything to each, decided to prepare enough food for both of them, after which he gave Mr A his own ration...
Now, among Mr B and Mr C, who do you think is a better neighbour to Mr A.... Both of them gave food to Mr A, but one person gave out of a condition, (in which if the condition is missing, he wouldnt have bothered to give) and the other person gave out genuinly because he wanted to help...
In summary, we should learn to give wihtout any condition and also try not to expect any form of appreciation from those we gave to... For true appreciation and reward comes from God who sees all that we do in this life....

We pray that God will help us to learn how to be a true giver... For its in giving that we recieve.... [s]pardon my grammatical structure... Was typing under duress[/s]
So on point. Thanks a lot dearest
Remain salty and blessed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:53am On Sep 26, 2014
vest: helo any body home
Yes o we're all home dear
The door is open
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:56am On Sep 26, 2014
MrAladin:
He is fine Ma'am.
he Is responding to treatment.....
Awesome news. Glory to Jesus

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:04am On Sep 26, 2014
MrAladin: Kamsified,
Pardon MrAladin for not coming Online frequently.
Look who is here! Oga landlord, I greet you sir

Ehe, I transferred the rent money to your account yesterday. Bank said you should be receiving it within 5business days wink

We remain loyal sir.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:07am On Sep 26, 2014
Rich4god: Kamsified... Landlor is around o... Come do the need full... How are you doing MrAladin...
Needful already done

In a whisper : *did you notice he called my name first? That tells me it's the rent money he's looking for grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:14am On Sep 26, 2014
Rich4god: Yes o month wan end... And inless than 2weeks, this thread go hit 1year... So try make sure say you collect all your rent... My regards to your brother...
Nice one from you dear. I never thought about that either

*One year anniversary party loading*

CC: PopeII and council
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:18am On Sep 26, 2014
MrAladin: Appreciate The Beauty Of Life
Because Not Everyone Is Given This Chance.
I Would Like To Thank All Of All
For Being A Wonderful Family.
I Am Really Lucky To Be A Part
Of This Family And Wish You A Really Happy Anniversary.

#PEACE.

If I hear you won't be the chief host for the anniversary

We appreciate you dearest for building creating this wonderful home thread for us

God bless you real good
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 6:10am On Sep 26, 2014
Kamsified:

If I hear you won't be the chief host for the anniversary

We appreciate you dearest for building creating this wonderful home thread for us

God bless you real good

Hmmmmm.
My Head wan burst ooo.
Privileged MrALadin.
What more can i say I'm privileged to be here.
Good Morning.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 6:15am On Sep 26, 2014
I wish you luck, happiness and riches today,
tomorrow and beyond. As you look back on yesterday, may your
memories be warm ones. As you celebrate today,
may your heart be filled with happiness and joy. As
you look ahead to tomorrow, may your deepest
hopes and joy come true for you.
Good morning brethren.

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.