Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,287 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (245) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518994 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:03pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:
surely salc recognises the tone and voice.
SURE! SUERER!! SUREST!!! Are you ok now? wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
Rich4god:
lol... Is it realy uben behind dis handle... Salc, we still dey come ur chapter...
Forget that one joor smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
italo:

Don't worry. I don't care whether I'm nailed or not.

I'm just glad to say what I feel.
Jokes apart, I support you full time.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
Rich4god:
Yep... Waiting to work on ur case...
I've got no case
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2014
SalC:
I've got no case
lol... I need to investigate the mechnism behind ur ability to recognise Syncan's romantic voice... cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:15pm On Oct 27, 2014
jnrbayano:
I have a question please.

Matt 11:11 (NKJV)

“Assuredly, I say to you, among those born of women there has not risen one greater than John the Baptist; but he who is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.”

I can't quite rap my head around the above verse.

Sorry o bros, titoetal's post just brought back my attention to this. John was more than a prophet says Jesus, he explained that he was more than that, in the sense that he was the closest to His time. That is, John was the last prophet before him. Often times, the closest of the servants to a king are highly respected among all others. I believe he was still talking with respect to the prophets ish when he said the above.

With regards to "who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he", It sure looks like he was revealing himself to the people, the people who thought of him as younger in age...or lower in esteem, since they regard him "a drunkard and a glutton", that he is greater than john, not in comparison, but in the sense that He is the Lord as spoken of in Malachy 3:1. I also see it in the light of titoetal's expose that he who is in heaven is greater than all earthly glory.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
Rich4god:
lol... I need to investigate the mechnism behind ur ability to recognise Syncan's romantic voice... cheesy
The mechanism is called "positive feedback mechanism" tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
Rich4god:

It's a natural something. wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
italo:

You shall live to reap the fruit of your labor.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 2:46pm On Oct 27, 2014
Please oh. You people should not read more meaning than necessary into all I said.

Don't we all have people that we have tremendous affection for...who may or may not be a 'lover' or spouse?

I think many people are just scared to use words that make us feel weak for someone else.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 2:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
Syncan:

Italo In smokie's voice.*for 2(4) yrs have been leaving next door to aliceBabestell* Love song Tinz cheesy

I don't want Italo nwoke anyi to sing that Smokie's line below

*now I gotta get used to not living next door to Alice Babestell*

cheesy

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 3:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
italo:
Babestell, don't mind all these story mongers.

Something happened on Youth Harvest day, two Sundays ago.

I spotted someone in ACSHL polo shirt with "babestell" at the back. You need to see how my eyes lit up and my heart beat faster.

All I thought about was to walk up to you, tap you from behind, shine my 32 teeth and spend a good number of seconds in your warm embrace (and you know you've got what can make a brother wanna rest in that hug)....

Then I walked closer, only to find that it wasn't you wearing the shirt.

Why did you play that trick on me? angry

*all of una wey spread mat...make una dey observe siesta go o.

cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 3:04pm On Oct 27, 2014
titoetal:

In the first irst part of this verse, remember it was John who identified Christ and showed him to the people. He was the forerunner of Christ, the mission God prepared John for. Then if John was he who showed us publicly the Christ, without whom we would not have recognised Jesus Christ, that mission of John is the great assignment that makes him the greatest born of woman.

In the second part, Christ is comparing the glory of heaven to earth. Because John is still on earth though the greatest but the least in the glory and splendour of heaven is far much greater than the greatest on earth.

My humble submission dear.

Syncan:

Sorry o bros, titoetal's post just brought back my attention to this. John was more than a prophet says Jesus, he explained that he was more than that, in the sense that he was the closest to His time. That is, John was the last prophet before him. Often times, the closest of the servants to a king are highly respected among all others. I believe he was still talking with respect to the prophets ish when he said the above.

With regards to "who is least in the kingdom of God is greater than he", It sure looks like he was revealing himself to the people, the people who thought of him as younger in age...or lower in esteem, since they regard him "a drunkard and a glutton", that he is greater than john, not in comparison, but in the sense that He is the Lord as spoken of in Malachy 3:1. I also see it in the light of titoetal's expose that he who is in heaven is greater than all earthly glory.

I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:

he told the media he had the backing of the pope to spew his teaching...and to think that he was papabile after the death of johnpaul 2, i'm happy that there is an age limit for cardinals.

Me too!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
Emmmmm
Kamsified help me!!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 4:05pm On Oct 27, 2014
jnrbayano:

cheesy

Wetin!

Lol...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
Ubenedictus:
most times his parables were to encourage clarity, he taught high stuff about the kingdom using images that were common to the people. Infact, he used parables so that he could be understood clearly by all who had goodwill.

that is your interpretation of that passage. I do not see it as even a permission for divorce.

yeah, yeah, yeah, the churches position with respect to doctrines are most times clear enough. The mid term report of the synod certainly wasn't clear.

If all the teachings of Christ were clear, he wouldn't spend the better part of his rest time explaining to the Apostles. Anyways, I am less worried about the synod as I mentioned earlier.

Let the Fathers have their debates and whatever comes out by way of one or more official teachings should be embraced by the faithful.

Expressing undue fear may have the negative effect of placing doubts in the hearts of 'shaky' Catholics with regards to the potency of the teaching authority of this papacy.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2014
italo:

I spotted someone in ACSHL polo shirt with "babestell" at the back. You need to see how my eyes lit up and my heart beat faster.

All I thought about was to walk up to you, tap you from behind, shine my 32 teeth and spend a good number of seconds in your warm embrace (and you know you've got what can make a brother wanna rest in that hug)....

italo:
Please oh. You people should not read more meaning than necessary into all I said.
Don't we all have people that we have tremendous affection for...who may or may not be a 'lover' or spouse?
I think many people are just scared to use words that make us feel weak for someone else.

Sweetie
Awwwwwwwww.....big hugs

https://www.nairaland.com/916588/typical-bride-price-list-some#10615697

So that this doesn't become story for the gods...peruse that link and contact me offline for directions to my father's house.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
SalC:
The mechanism is called "positive feedback mechanism" tongue
Nah... I believe Kamsified knws what d mechnism is called...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 4:25pm On Oct 27, 2014
babestell:

Sweetie
Awwwwwwwww.....big hugs

https://www.nairaland.com/916588/typical-bride-price-list-some#10615697

So that this doesn't become story for the gods...peruse that link and contact me offline for directions to my father's house.
lol... Una go jst dey mk person dey laff any how... *thank God i hv already done mine b4 kamsified get hold of dat list...*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 5:08pm On Oct 27, 2014
italo:

I think I have this regret that she was there in my parish all the time and we weren't really friends...just acquaintances, then I got meet an amazing Catholic girl on nairaland, who now lives in PH, only to find out, she had been next to me for years.

Forgive me...I tend to be very soft...in certain matters.
This is so romantic. Am blushing here
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
babestell:

This is so romantic. Am blushing here

Lol, after meticulously directing him to that list you started blushing abi, for your info, boys are not smiling angry *In Ubenedictus voice* "That list is not romatic".
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:46pm On Oct 27, 2014
babestell:
Emmmmm
Kamsified help me!!!!

She dey when e start?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2014
striktlymi:

If all the teachings of Christ were clear, he wouldn't spend the better part of his rest time explaining to the Apostles. Anyways, I am less worried about the synod as I mentioned earlier.

Let the Fathers have their debates and whatever comes out by way of one or more official teachings should be embraced by the faithful.

Expressing undue fear may have the negative effect of placing doubts in the hearts of 'shaky' Catholics with regards to the potency of the teaching authority of this papacy.

Gbam!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:49pm On Oct 27, 2014
jnrbayano:

I don't want Italo nwoke anyi to sing that Smokie's line below

*now I gotta get used to not living next door to Alice Babestell*

cheesy

Don't drink raffia wine bro, Palm wine is on its way.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:51pm On Oct 27, 2014
italo:

Don't worry about what we read into it bro, just keep 'em coming wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2014
Syncan:

And God bless you beloved brethren.

Thanks dear.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
Rich4god:
lol... Is it realy uben behind dis handle... Salc, we still dey come ur chapter...

that was my other self, he show up every now and then.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 7:57pm On Oct 27, 2014
italo:

honesty is the way.

We are all behind you
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:00pm On Oct 27, 2014
italo:

damn,

bebestell, i just became jealous and interested at the same time.

Where do you live? Maybe i can come and collect one of those mind blowing hugs and thank God for the beauty of his works.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:01pm On Oct 27, 2014
Rich4god:
I and my family are in support of ur view... I guess no one can disregard...
hehehe,

u guy are on your own oh, when push come to shove, i'll run away.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 8:11pm On Oct 27, 2014
SalC:
SURE! SUERER!! SUREST!!! Are you ok now? wink
no ma,

you have to give us the details.

You are spoiling the fun, this is why i like italo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.