Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,641 members, 7,816,636 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (256) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518080 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
ValentineMary:
Being catholic is the best gift from God to me.
Warm welcome to you bro
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
Kamsified:
I see Vest and ValentineMary
I greet you both

@Vest where you leave us go since?
my dear me dey oh! i jst dnt knw hw to put my mouth in the past two-three pages so i decided to view and enjoy the post others post xpecialy babestel nd u

by the way mk i ask una something do u blive a human can turn to snake,bird,cat,rat or even trees and plant?

the kind of testimony one lady share for my praygroup last week jst dy mk me reason.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 10:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
ValentineMary:
Being catholic is the best gift from God to me.
what made u say so? i would lov to knw
Re: A Thread For Catholics by ValentineMary(m): 11:53pm On Nov 06, 2014
vest:
what made u say so? i would lov to knw
Due to the graces I recieve from God through Mary. Who is d surest and purest way to God.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:12am On Nov 07, 2014
Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord ---psalm 122:1

Today's responsorial psalm got me thinking...how wonderful the joy of a soul that has been cleared for heaven. Consider what it means to a deacon, after being delayed for some years, was told he will be ordained a priest finally, some priests have been known to shed tears of joy. Or could you imagine with what joy, a woman who has waited to get pregnant for some years, receive the news of her pregnancy, shedding tears of joy and praising God loudly there and then is a common feature. There is excitement when we achieve what we aim for.

If one is not a saddist, there is a kind of fulfilment that makes you sleep satisfied, when you become instrumental to another's happiness. You can ask Italo and the vincentians.... hahaha, you may not know, I went to sleep in such manner when I heard the news of Salc's surgery, damerry's exams, babestell's interview, Mariagorreti's new job and others, because I prayed for them all, in company of you.

Even much greater is the excitement when a soul is on his/her way to heaven, so even much satisfying it is to know you've given a helping hand. God's people of old knew this, for they said "it is a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosened of their sin"---2Macc12:46. Did they not go to the extent of receiving baptism on behalf of the dead----1Cor 15:29 ? Holy charity! The church did guide this charity of theirs when St. John directed them on who to pray for---1Jn5:16, and when the church abandoned the practice of baptizing on behalf of the dead.

Is there a relative or aquaintance of yours who is gone, would you have loved to see him/her happy in heaven? There's a chance for you, pray, book/attend masses, offer fasts, difficulties, injuries borne graciously, etc, for the repose of their souls, this is the month of november, the church prays for the souls in purgatory. Join in this praiseworthy practice, a fulfilment of the communion of saints....This is our faith.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 11:42am On Nov 07, 2014
Syncan:
Let us go rejoicing to the house of the Lord ---psalm 122:1
Today's responsorial psalm got me thinking...how wonderful the joy of a soul that has been cleared for heaven. Consider what it means to a deacon, after being delayed for some years, was told he will be ordained a priest finally, some priests have been known to shed tears of joy. Or could you imagine with what joy, a woman who has waited to get pregnant for some years, receive the news of her pregnancy, shedding tears of joy and praising God loudly there and then is a common feature. There is excitement when we achieve what we aim for.
If one is not a saddist, there is a kind of fulfilment that makes you sleep satisfied, when you become instrumental to another's happiness. You can ask Italo and the vincentians.... hahaha, you may not know, I went to sleep in such manner when I heard the news of Salc's surgery, damerry's exams, babestell's interview, Mariagorreti's new job and others, because I prayed for them all, in company of you.
Even much greater is the excitement when a soul is on his/her way to heaven, so even much satisfying it is to know you've given a helping hand. God's people of old knew this, for they said "it is a holy and wholesome thought to pray for the dead, that they may be loosened of their sin"---2Macc12:46. Did they not go to the extent of receiving baptism on behalf of the dead----1Cor 15:29 ? Holy charity! The church did guide this charity of theirs when St. John directed them on who to pray for---1Jn5:16, and when the church abandoned the practice of baptizing on behalf of the dead.
Is there a relative or aquaintance of yours who is gone, would you have loved to see him/her happy in heaven? There's a chance for you, pray, book/attend masses, offer fasts, difficulties, injuries borne graciously, etc, for the repose of their souls, this is the month of november, the church prays for the souls in purgatory. Join in this praiseworthy practice, a fulfilment of the communion of saints....This is our faith.
Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

I can tell you...that the feeling I get when I see a suffering person relieved, partly or totally due to my effort, is indescribable.

To see that gaze from one whose tears you just turned into smiles.

I just imagine how our brothers and sisters in purgatory gaze at us when our prayers help release them into the beatific vision.

What heartfelt prayers they must offer for us.

May the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 2:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
babestell:

Its better to tell people what not to do, let them make up their mind themselves about the actions and decisions they make. That way they take ownership and will not blame you when things go wrong.
u do av a point
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 2:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
babestell:

this is a fact. A lot of Nigerians are scared of the unknown. Just putting harmless baby powder on their seat is enough to get them to rethink their behaviour. the only issue is if they now drive down to ijebu ode to get a counter potion grin grin
hmmmmmmmmm! Seems d powder theory has been working 4 u
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
Rich4god:
I have completed the rosary... So can I tender my application now...
yes
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
Rich4god:
You dnt need to be scared...
r u sure?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
SalC:
Welcome back! smiley
thank u
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Mzflexydeeva(f): 3:02pm On Nov 07, 2014
SalC:
My rosary has been dipped in water
how is dat?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:36am On Nov 08, 2014
ValentineMary:
Due to the graces I recieve from God through Mary. Who is d surest and purest way to God.

Hmmmm...

The graces she brings forth are also accessible to non-catholics to include Muslims, Pagans and even Atheists. If this is so, why then is your being Catholic any special?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 9:34am On Nov 08, 2014
^
smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by ValentineMary(m): 10:15am On Nov 08, 2014
striktlymi:

Hmmmm...

The graces she brings forth are also accessible to non-catholics to include Muslims, Pagans and even Atheists. If this is so, why then is your being Catholic any special?
It's more than I can explain.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 12:38pm On Nov 08, 2014
Jesus said to his disciples, ‘I tell you this: use money, tainted as it is, to win you friends, and thus make sure that when it fails you, they will welcome you into the tents of eternity. --Lk16:9

From today's gospel. Hmm...the friends Titoetal wins with money, will welcome him into the tent of eternity. Come o, if these friends are the people we aid here, what guarantee is there that they themselves will make heaven? Ehm...well, do good anyway, you never know....However, helping the souls in purgatory is like "sure banker", woky you understand na. They must eventually end up there, so lightening their burden and quickening their release surely gets you friends; who will welcome you into tents of eternity.

This november, dedicated to the holy souls; With your money, book masses for them. With your money, do charity and offer the merits for the holy souls. With your money, support groups dedicated to praying for the holy souls. You will surely have friends to welcome you into the tents of eternity.

Eternal rest grant them o Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace, amen.

Good day brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 3:14pm On Nov 08, 2014
striktlymi:

Hmmmm...

God and his graces are accessible to all...

But not all have made themselves accessible to God and his graces.

Same goes for graces through Mary.

God says to all, "take."

Not all take.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2014
Syncan:
Jesus said to his disciples, ‘I tell you this: use money, tainted as it is, to win you friends, and thus make sure that when it fails you, they will welcome you into the tents of eternity. --Lk16:9

From today's gospel. Hmm...the friends Titoetal wins with money, will welcome him into the tent of eternity. Come o, if these friends are the people we aid here, what guarantee is there that they themselves will make heaven? Ehm...well, do good anyway, you never know....However, helping the souls in purgatory is like "sure banker", woky you understand na. They must eventually end up there, so lightening their burden and quickening their release surely gets you friends; who will welcome you into tents of eternity.

This november, dedicated to the holy souls; With your money, book masses for them. With your money, do charity and offer the merits for the holy souls. With your money, support groups dedicated to praying for the holy souls. You will surely have friends to welcome you into the tents of eternity.

Eternal rest grant them o Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May they rest in peace, amen.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2014
italo:

Thank you.

God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 4:45pm On Nov 08, 2014
italo:

God and his graces are accessible to all...

But not all have made themselves accessible to God and his graces.

Same goes for graces through Mary.

God says to all, "take."

Not all take.

The above is applicable to both Catholics and the others. Still not unique to Catholics.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 5:07pm On Nov 08, 2014
Syncan:

Thanks dear beloved one. Praying for the enabling grace and the Sanctifier to guide us in doing the Father's will always.
A great weekend to you Syncan and to this great family.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:51pm On Nov 08, 2014
titoetal:

Thanks dear beloved one. Praying for the enabling grace and the Sanctifier to guide us in doing the Father's will always.
A great weekend to you Syncan and to this great family.

God bless you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:02pm On Nov 08, 2014
striktlymi:

The above is applicable to both Catholics and the others. Still not unique to Catholics.
And your point is? People should no longer express excitement over their faith because someone somewhere might also have access to the same grace that they have?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 10:16pm On Nov 08, 2014
Kamsified:

And your point is? People should no longer express excitement over their faith because someone somewhere might also have access to the same grace that they have?
I Dnt Think Dats The Point He Is Trying To Make! Buf Let Me Alow Him Xplain Himself.

The Reason I Ask That Quesion Is That Some "Catholic" Dnt Knw Why Dey Are Catholics,they Are Catholic Only because They Were Born Into A Catholic Family(i Knw Many Like That).So They Rily Dont Knw Why(they Are Catholics)! So If U Dnt Ve A Gud Reason 4 What U Are U Cant Love And Cherish It With Ur Heart.

I Only Wanted To Knw His Main Reason
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 10:36pm On Nov 08, 2014
Plz To All

Why are u a Catholic Christain? I Rily Want To Knw!this might sound funny bt am seriouz oh!

as for me am a catholic christain becos i blive the catholic church hold the fullnes of al God's reviled truth although their are some element of truth in other religion
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 1:46am On Nov 09, 2014
Am Catholic because I was born Catholic
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:26am On Nov 09, 2014
Can't sleep embarassed

I am Catholic because I can't have it any other way than the Catholic way.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 7:11am On Nov 09, 2014
striktlymi:

Let me use an example to explain:

Jesus-God offers his body, blood, soul and divinity to be consumed and communed with by everyone...

Only Catholics (and Orthodox Christians) accept this.

God offers the fullness of truth, the fullness of the means of salvation, to everyone, through his Church.

Only Catholics embrace these.

Do I need to say more?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 8:40am On Nov 09, 2014
@Vest,I'm catholic because the CC has the fullness of christian truth.It claims it is the church established by Christ and I believe this by looking through its history and seeing how authoritative it has been. Even today the CC continues to act with this authority in defining and maintaining Christian faith..
If it was just about a book then I wonder how people have been able to decide which book to follow out of the plethora of religions.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by titoetal(m): 1:26pm On Nov 09, 2014
I am a Catholic because there is the TRUTH of Christianity.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 09, 2014
italo:

Let me use an example to explain:

Jesus-God offers his body, blood, soul and divinity to be consumed and communed with by everyone...

Only Catholics (and Orthodox Christians) accept this.

God offers the fullness of truth, the fullness of the means of salvation, to everyone, through his Church.

Only Catholics embrace these.

Do I need to say more?

You need not!

That is a very good reason to be a proud Catholic. Surely, Jesus in the Eaucharist is accesable to ONLY Catholics who are in union with the Church.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by JackBizzle: 2:11pm On Nov 09, 2014
Catholics make the best atheists because...............

because........................................

...........................because they are less likely to go to another church once they lose faith in the catholic church!!!

Unlike protestants who can jump from deeper life to winners to redeemed church...........

(1) (2) (3) ... (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.