Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,877 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (338) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518252 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:51am On Apr 02, 2015
John 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

13:14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:56am On Apr 02, 2015
HOLY THURSDAY MESSAGE: Ex. 12:1-8.11-14, Cor. 11:23-26, Jn 13:1-15. Today, we celebrate the anniversary of the institution of the priesthood and the Holy Eucharist. That is why in accordance with a most ancient tradition of the Church, on this day all priests are forbidden to celebrate a private Mass. Holy Thursday recalls what Jesus did and taught during His last supper. The first reading taken from the book of Exodus narrates the story of the redemption of Israel from slavery in Egypt through the Passover. To commemorate their liberation, each Jewish family will kill a lamb, roast it and eat together with unleavened bread and bitter herbs. It was for the Jews not only a day of thanksgiving but also of obligation, for God ordered them to observe this feast. It is this thanksgiving we celebrate in the institution of the Eucharist as presented in the second reading. St. Paul presents Jesus as the Lamb of God who was sacrificed. Christians from the very beginning used to gather together to "break the bread". They came together with their families to share the meal in the name of the Lord. The heart of today's feast as presented in the Gospel is "Love one another as I have loved you". According to St. John, every celebration of the Eucharist must be celebration of love and unity of the community. Jesus at the last supper taught his disciples this love in service of humanity. In order to strengthen us in our being Christians, Jesus gave us His own self in form of bread and wine. As we share in the Eucharist we share in the life of Christ and we are called to also participate in His self-giving act to the world. May the Lord increase in us the gifts of divine grace! Amen!! Good morning and Happy Anniversary to all the priests!!! May God's grace and strength be continually sufficient for them to do exploits in his vineyard.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:57am On Apr 02, 2015
Kamsified:

To God almighty be the glory. I rejoice with you my zingly

Please always drive with caution and don't be in a hurry biko. Slow and steady wins the race.
May The Lord continue to protect all of us in all we do. Amen
Thanks a lot my zing...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 8:16am On Apr 02, 2015
"I give you new commandment; Love your neighbor as I have loved you"

We celebrate today in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Goodmonin brothers and sisters.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 8:59am On Apr 02, 2015
Morning my people.

Happy Easter Triduum.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 1:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
Rich4god:
As the month comes to an end... I want to use this opportunity to thank God for His protection upon my life and that of my family members....
Most esp yesterday, I was almost involved in a head on collision with a speeding trailer... Even after dodging the face of the trailer, I still dont know how I managed to keep myself steady between the side of the trailer and the rough edge of the road... Well, I believe the Hand of God is at work....

thank God for sparing your life and that of your family members
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 1:02pm On Apr 02, 2015
knock! Knock!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 3:22pm On Apr 02, 2015
Holy Thursday! The spirit of prayer! Mind fully recharged with peace.

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:41pm On Apr 02, 2015
justjify:
knock! Knock!!
na jnrbayano hold key...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 4:08pm On Apr 02, 2015
Rich4god:
na jnrbayano hold key...

*walks into thread* smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by brocab: 12:14am On Apr 03, 2015
Yes I'm proud to be a bigot and a narrow minded believer in word and in truth about our Lord Jesus Christ, there is no-other God but Him who stands alone...The king of Kings and the Lord of Lords.

Ephesians 4:4-6, "There is ONE body and ONE Spirit, just as you were called in ONE hope of your calling, ONE Lord, ONE faith, ONE baptism; ONE God, and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

You say I Kill of the Catholic's with my tongue, and my judgement a self righteous man as I am? Not even Isis kills of the Catholic's, Not even Boko Haram Kills of the Catholic's.
It's the Government leaders who finances them with Guns, supported by Mother R.C.Church herself finances them with money, both organizations supports-these so called terrorist.
Wars have never changed, one side supports the other side, and wars are never about the people-it's about gaining Money and power.
For that small price to pay People killing people, and the 95% Endtimes prophesies had began.....

And if you had enough sense in reading about the Endtimes coming our way, you will know it's the rich' who stand behind terrorist, killing off a small part of the percentages of the world's population.

Again if you read up on the times, you would know Isis and Boko Haram are such a tiny speck in this massive clean up about to come.

It won't be long-soon Hell will break loose' all over the world.

Thanks for your concern, you don't need to worry about my bigot words, and my narrow minded ways.
How kind?

I'm not asking for your apology for being a Catholic that's your choice, and I'm not given you mine either, It's my choice to be narrow minded, in the word of God.

Amen. Jesus Christ is Lord...

justjify:

Young man, you don't win souls for Christ by being a religious bigot. What separates you from ISIS and Bokoharam is the use of weapon. You have been killing catholics with your tongue and your judgment is left to God. Religious bigotry, condemnation/castigation, proclaiming self-righteousness and the likes are not best ways to win souls for Christ.I owe no one any apology for being a catholic. If you have a problem with that, then deal with it,because its your problem not mine.
#ProudlyCatholic
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:56am On Apr 03, 2015
BEHOLD THE WOOD OF THE CROSS: Is. 52:13-53.12 Heb. 4:14-16.5:7-9, Jn 18:1-9.42. "Oh that old rugged Cross, so despised by the world, has a wondrous attraction for me." Good Friday is a day we journey with our Lord Jesus on the way of His Cross. Today, our leader shows us the need to "think with Him" that is to take the right step at right time. Reminding us that God is our refuge in time of trouble and He is our strength in weakness. Often Jesus said: "This is my hour, or my hour has not yet come."In the first reading, the Lord calls us and assure to show us His Glory. His reward is always assure for those who hope in Him. Our task is to be "a covenant" of the people, and a light to the nations to bring His salvation to the end of the earth.This can happen only if we are attuned to God's plan and listen to His voice. The Gospel presents us with the notice of Jesus of His betrayal. As they were gathered for the supper, Jesus, was troubled in Spirit, and declare: "one of you will betray me." Jesus gave notice to Judas that He was aware of his plot. By exposing him, Jesus was making appeal to him to change from his evil ways as He makes appeal to us today. Often, evil doers turn from their evil, when their intentions are exposed, and Christ by exposing the traitor, was making His last appeal to Judas to turn from his evil. Christ continually makes the same appeal to us today to change from evil. He is waiting eagerly to see us turn back to Him alone who cannot put us to shame. He is making chance for us to trust Him with our whole heart. He promised He will always hear and save us from the hands of the wicked ones. Let us approach Him in confident for He is always there for us even to earth's end. May the spoken words of our mouth, the meditation of our heart be acceptable in your sight. Amen! Good morning and Happy Good Friday!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:09am On Apr 03, 2015
"Flectamus genua". ....... "levate"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:42am On Apr 03, 2015
Rich4god:
BEHOLD THE WOOD OF THE CROSS: Is. 52:13-53.12 Heb. 4:14-16.5:7-9, Jn 18:1-9.42. "Oh that old rugged Cross, so despised by the world, has a wondrous attraction for me." Good Friday is a day we journey with our Lord Jesus on the way of His Cross. Today, our leader shows us the need to "think with Him" that is to take the right step at right time. Reminding us that God is our refuge in time of trouble and He is our strength in weakness. Often Jesus said: "This is my hour, or my hour has not yet come."In the first reading, the Lord calls us and assure to show us His Glory. His reward is always assure for those who hope in Him. Our task is to be "a covenant" of the people, and a light to the nations to bring His salvation to the end of the earth.This can happen only if we are attuned to God's plan and listen to His voice. The Gospel presents us with the notice of Jesus of His betrayal. As they were gathered for the supper, Jesus, was troubled in Spirit, and declare: "one of you will betray me." Jesus gave notice to Judas that He was aware of his plot. By exposing him, Jesus was making appeal to him to change from his evil ways as He makes appeal to us today. Often, evil doers turn from their evil, when their intentions are exposed, and Christ by exposing the traitor, was making His last appeal to Judas to turn from his evil. Christ continually makes the same appeal to us today to change from evil. He is waiting eagerly to see us turn back to Him alone who cannot put us to shame. He is making chance for us to trust Him with our whole heart. He promised He will always hear and save us from the hands of the wicked ones. Let us approach Him in confident for He is always there for us even to earth's end. May the spoken words of our mouth, the meditation of our heart be acceptable in your sight. Amen! Good morning and Happy Good Friday!!!
Amen. Thanks a lot for sharing
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:48am On Apr 03, 2015
justjify:
Holy Thursday! The spirit of prayer! Mind fully recharged with peace.

Yes o Easter remains my favorite because of Lenten journey.

In a whisper* peppyluv02 told me that your feet was washed in her parish yesterday. Is it true? cool
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2015
cheesy cheesy Amebo,it's supposed to be a secret na....

Kamsified:

In a whisper* peppyluv02 told me that your feet was washed in her parish yesterday. Is it true? cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by bobcharly(m): 2:04pm On Apr 03, 2015
[img][/img]
if some celebrities can get plenty 'likes'
just for baring their bosssomms on
social networks...How much can you
give to our Lord Jesus Christ for dying
on the cross for our sake? ...#
goodfriday

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by taiocol: 2:40pm On Apr 03, 2015
bobcharly:
[img][/img]
if some celebrities can get plenty 'likes'
just for baring their bosssomms on
social networks...How much can you
give to our Lord Jesus Christ for dying
on the cross for our sake? ...#
goodfriday
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2276092_img20150403132410_jpeg07d4b83dc9d04e0a847e22a757e29063

Is that Jesus?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bobcharly(m): 3:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
taiocol:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2276092_img20150403132410_jpeg07d4b83dc9d04e0a847e22a757e29063

Is that Jesus?
no...your uncle,Jesus Christ.....I'm off to church....talk to me later
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2015
evening brethren.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:56pm On Apr 03, 2015
MrAladin:
evening brethren.

The landlord himself!!! cheesy

*hides to avoid paying for March rent*
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:07pm On Apr 03, 2015
As lent don end... Landlord won come collect rent... Longest time bro...
MrAladin:
evening brethren.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 8:19pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rich4god:
As lent don end... Landlord won come collect rent... Longest
time bro...

The fear of MrAladin is the beginning of wisdom. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 10:17pm On Apr 03, 2015
Kamsified:

Hahahahahaha!!! De dia de receive gist, won't you come back ni? Am so waiting for you.
As an altar server back then, I used to look forward to easter because of the number of Masses I'll serve and also the unique good friday service.
Meanwhile, am still looking for peppyluv02. Can someone tell me where she is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by othenok(f): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2015
embarassedKai! I missed this thread so much. How are all my beloved doing? Looking forward to the resurrection Our Lord come Easter morning.
Remember people " He loved us till the end" so lets share and show love for His sake.
Be blessed.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by justjify(m): 10:23pm On Apr 03, 2015
Rich4god:
na jnrbayano hold key...

Hehehhee!! Ook bro.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 03, 2015
Present uncle! cheesy cheesy

justjify:

Hahahahahaha!!! De dia de receive gist, won't you come back ni? Am so waiting for you.
As an altar server back then, I used to look forward to easter because of the number of Masses I'll serve and also the unique good friday service.
Meanwhile, am still looking for peppyluv02. Can someone tell me where she is?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Scatterboss(m): 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2015
peppyluv02:
Present uncle! cheesy cheesy

Hmmmmm. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:38pm On Apr 03, 2015
This boy leave me alone na...
I enter house,you follow,I enter market,you follow,
Na church I dey now o!
Go wait for house ( politics section) I dey come ...
Oya run along...grandma wants to pray

Scatterboss:

Hmmmmm. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Scatterboss(m): 10:43pm On Apr 03, 2015
peppyluv02:
This boy leave me alone na...
I enter house,you follow,I enter market,you follow,
Na church I dey now o!
Go wait for house ( politics section) I dey come ...
Oya run along...grandma wants to pray

Lolzzz. Want you to meet my Ibo girl friend, she is from Nnewi. Are you game?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 03, 2015
Not inside church pls..let's meet at home wink
Scatterboss:

Lolzzz. Want you to meet my Ibo girl friend, she is from Nnewi. Are you game?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Scatterboss(m): 10:52pm On Apr 03, 2015
peppyluv02:
Not inside church pls..let's meet at home wink

Okay okay, tag when you are home. Be good.

(1) (2) (3) ... (335) (336) (337) (338) (339) (340) (341) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.