Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,387 members, 7,839,694 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (370) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (520704 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:20pm On May 14, 2015
Dearest aunty Step2002 pls indicate your special psalm as soon as you can.

God bless u
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 10:20pm On May 14, 2015
Syncan:

Amen Amen.

...that you may prosper in all you do and wherever you go. 1King 2:3
Amen!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 11:47pm On May 14, 2015
We pray Father in heaven to please by the intercession of Mother Mary let your face shine upon Syncan. Bless him with all the good things he lacks through our Lord Jesus christ!

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 12:14am On May 15, 2015
Fembleez1:
We pray Father in heaven to please by the intercession of Mother Mary let your face shine upon Syncan. Bless him with all the good things he lacks through our Lord Jesus christ!

Amen.

Amen Amen.

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing---Zeph 3:17

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Jennydoris(f): 12:17am On May 15, 2015
As the day breaks so shall every negative York break in your life and so shall the Lord break the portion of your blessings to reach to you.....

See today as special.
See yourself shining among all your equals,
And may your greatness, Juzzybabe be remembered through all the earth. Amen...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 5:06am On May 15, 2015
May the blessings of God never sieze shower upon you now and forever.....Amen!
Favour is your name, Sister Juzzybabe!!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:55am On May 15, 2015
Juzzybabe,

Praying God to hear our humble prayer on your behalf and mercy on you now and always.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:23am On May 15, 2015
Today we begin the Nine (9) days prayerful wait for the Paraclete...Just like the apostles. Acts 1:14

:

Come, Holy Spirit, I need you
Come, sweet Spirit, I pray
Come in your strength and your power
Come in your own gentle way

Come as a rest to the weary
Come as a balm to the sore
Come, Lord, as strength to my weakness
Fill me with joy evermore

Come like a spring in the desert
Come to the withered of soul
Lord, let your sweet healing power
Touch me and make me whole

May the good Lord receive our praises and grant us many testimonies in our lives. Amen.

May the Lord meet you at your point of need Juzzybabe.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:18am On May 15, 2015
Juzzybabe i wish you all divine blessings, may the song of praise recounting God's deeds in psalm 18 be yours.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 1:35pm On May 15, 2015
Juzzybabe dearie, as we pray for you in unity today, may the good Lord supply all your needs according to his riches in glory.
He will give his angels charge over u and your loved ones. Amen

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 15, 2015
Juzzybabe,

Your life on this earth shall be juicy and as we pray for you, may all your desires be rewarded according to your wishes.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:18pm On May 15, 2015
God bless you juzzybabe

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Juzzybabe(f): 9:41pm On May 15, 2015
Amen!!! Many thanks to this wonderful family for all the prayers. May God in his infinite mercy,forgive us all our sins and bless us with the desires of our hearts. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 9:56pm On May 15, 2015
Juzzybabe, I pray for God's favour and blessings up on ur life as we pray for you today. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:29pm On May 15, 2015
Dear brethren, I noticed that step2002 moniker was deactivated today. She was last seen yesterday at 12.50pm.

Does anyone here know her personally outside nl? Please try to get in touch with her on our behalf.

Please permit me to chose psalm 91 as her special psalm for tomorrow and let's pray she's ok.
Let's also hope she notifies us when she comes back with a new moniker.
I will post her novena prayers shortly

Have a good night rest everyone

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 11:28pm On May 15, 2015
Lord, as we seek thy face in prayers and broken heart for our dear sister Juzzybabe, - we pray you may grant her the forgiveness of her sins and teach her your ways, that those who see your works in her life might be brought back to thy presence and you may shower your blessings on her and family, through christ our Lord.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:11am On May 16, 2015
Novena day 7:

Tomorrow 16th of May, we are praying specially for [size=16pt]Step2002[/size]

Novena prayers

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and pettition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of Step2002 who we pray for today, and of mine(you may add yours), through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail mary, with eyes filled with hope and fillial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Special request...Psalm 91.

He that dwelleth in the secret place of the Most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress:
my God; in him will I trust.
Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust:
his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.
Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.
A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand;
but it shall not come nigh thee.
Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold
and see the reward of the wicked.
Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge,even the Most High, thy habitation;
10 there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
For he shall give his angels charge over thee,to keep thee in all thy ways.
They shall bear thee up in their hands,
lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him:
I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him, and honor him.
With long life will I satisfy him,and show him my salvation.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 6:56am On May 16, 2015
amen! Step2002 u are moving to the next level by the grace of God amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:58am On May 16, 2015
Day 2 of the Holy Spirit novena

:
Come, Holy Ghost, Creator, come
From Thy bright heav’nly throne;
Come, take possession of our souls,
And make them all Thine own.

Thou who art called the Paraclete,
Best gift of God above,
The living spring, the living fire,
Sweet unction and true love.

Thou who art sevenfold in Thy grace,
Finger of God’s right hand;
His promise, teaching little ones
To speak and understand.

O guide our minds with Thy blest light,
With love our hearts inflame;
And with Thy strength, which ne’er decays,
Confirm our mortal frame.

Far from us drive our deadly foe;
True peace unto us bring;
And through all perils lead us safe
Beneath Thy sacred wing.

Through Thee may we the Father know,
Through Thee th’eternal Son,
And Thee the Spirit of them both,
Thrice-blessèd Three in One.

All glory to the Father be,
With His co-equal Son:
The same to Thee, great Paraclete,
While endless ages run.

May the good Lord receive our praises and grant us many testimonies in our lives. Amen.

May the Lord meet you at your point of need step2002.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Jennydoris(f): 9:42am On May 16, 2015
vest:
amen! Step2002 u are moving to the next level by the grace of God amen

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Juzzybabe(f): 10:29am On May 16, 2015
Step2002,may the Lord favor and bless you above your limit until u be like shocked shocked shocked
May He take you from Grace to Grace and make fruitful the works of your hands,blessing you with all you need to serve him in all faithfulness.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 12:12pm On May 16, 2015
Juzzybabe and step2002, may God who understand all our needs even more than we do, come to ur aid and bless the good works of ur hands. Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Margarida: 1:03pm On May 16, 2015
One night a man came to our house and told me, “There is a family with eight children. They have not eaten for days,” I took some food and I went. When I finally came to the family, I saw the faces of those little children disfigured by hunger. There was no sorrow or sadness in their faces, just the deep pain of hunger. I gave the rice to the mother. She divided it in two, and went out, carrying half the rice with her. When she came back, I asked her, “Where did you go?” She gave me this simple answer, “To my neighbors-they are hungry also.” I was not surprised that she gave–because poor people are generous. But I was surprised that she knew they were hungry. As a rule, when we are suffering, we are so focused on ourselves we have no time for others. –Mother TeresaOne night a man came to our house and told me, “There is a family with eight children. They have not eaten for days,” I took some food and I went. When I finally came to the family, I saw the faces of those little children disfigured by hunger. There was no sorrow or sadness in their faces, just the deep pain of hunger. I gave the rice to the mother. She divided it in two, and went out, carrying half the rice with her. When she came back, I asked her, “Where did you go?” She gave me this simple answer, “To my neighbors-they are hungry also.” I was not surprised that she gave–because poor people are generous. But I was surprised that she knew they were hungry. As a rule, when we are suffering, we are so focused on ourselves we have no time for others. –Mother TeresaOne night a man came to our house and told me, “There is a family with eight children. They have not eaten for days,” I took some food and I went. When I finally came to the family, I saw the faces of those little children disfigured by hunger. There was no sorrow or sadness in their faces, just the deep pain of hunger. I gave the rice to the mother. She divided it in two, and went out, carrying half the rice with her. When she came back, I asked her, “Where did you go?” She gave me this simple answer, “To my neighbors-they are hungry also.” I was not surprised that she gave–because poor people are generous. But I was surprised that she knew they were hungry. As a rule, when we are suffering, we are so focused on ourselves we have no time for others. –Mother Teresa

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Margarida: 1:06pm On May 16, 2015
"All things must come to the soul from It's roots, from where it is planted." - St. Teresa of Avila.

"To reach something Good it is very useful to have gone astray, and thus acquire experience". - St. Teresa of Avila.

"There are more tears shed over answered prayers than over unanswered prayers."
- St. Teresa of Avila.

"It is here, my daughters, that love is to be found - not hidden away in corners But in the midst of occasions of sin. And believe me, although we may more often fail and commit small lapses, our gain will be incomparably the greater. " - St. Teresa of Avila.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:06pm On May 16, 2015
Dearest Francistony a.k.a Double saint smiley

Please chose your special psalm for tomorrow

Thanks love
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:20pm On May 16, 2015
Kamsified:
Dearest Francistony a.k.a Double saint smiley

Please chose your special psalm for tomorrow

Thanks love
Psalm 118 for exam success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 7:38pm On May 16, 2015
FrancisTony:

Psalm 118 for exam success.
Noted dearie

Oh I forgot u have a twin brother a.k.a Damerry smiley

Damerry dear no vex, na old age cool
pls chose your special psalm. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 16, 2015
Kamsified:

Noted dearie

Oh I forgot u have a twin brother a.k.a Damerry smiley

Damerry dear no vex, na old age cool
pls chose your special psalm. Thanks
Old age ke? His last seen is May12th.

Maybe we use same psalm. wink grin

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:47pm On May 16, 2015
FrancisTony:

Old age ke? His last seen is May12th.

Maybe we use same psalm. wink grin

Now I'm tempted to post my pic here as proof cool

Awesome, same psalm sounds great to me.
thanks for making my secretarial job smiley easy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 11:27pm On May 16, 2015
Step2002, may your heart desires be granted and may you dwell in the house of the Lord forever and ever.

Amen!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:33pm On May 16, 2015
Kamsified:

Now I'm tempted to post my pic here as proof cool

Awesome, same psalm sounds great to me.
thanks for making my secretarial job smiley easy
I really need the picture oo. grin
I miss the old here.

Step2002, even though you've deactivated - anywhere you are, may the good Lord guide you, and continue to protect you.

Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 12:02am On May 17, 2015
Pls mine is psalm 7 thanks again to u all, u really give me plenty reasons to smile daily

(1) (2) (3) ... (367) (368) (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.