Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (372) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (519724 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:52am On May 18, 2015
Jnrbayano,

As we pray for you today; God through his infinite mercy, grant you all your heart desires.
You shall be the head and not the tail in all your life activities.

Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:05am On May 18, 2015
Dear Jnrbayano I pray God to shower you with the dew of glad tidings, He will cause you to move in his path to greatness, in His infinite goodness, he will show you love and mercy. You will live to recount God's great deeds in your life even as he increases you daily in his divine knowledge through Christ our Lord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:05am On May 18, 2015
God is not unfair, He will not forget the work you did or the love you showed for him in the help you gave and are still giving to your fellow Christians, (humanity) Heb 6:10

Sometimes we go out of our ways to render different forms of help to people, surprisingly sometimes we don't even get a simple "thank you" or weldone in return. Worst still or so it seems, we may end up getting evil in return for our good deeds.

Have you ever done something out of a sincere heart for the good of others, only for almost everyone to misunderstand and label you bad?.....umm that might be quite disheartening and discouraging. Have we for any reason in the past made up our mind not to help people because the ones we did got us nothing positive.......it's time to go back to the drawing board and retrace our steps.

If the world did not appreciate the good we did, God did and still does. If we don't get a reward from humankind, God has the best reward for us....for me, better God's reward than that of man. We love, care, help humankind for being God's creation and for the sake of God.

Jesus said "whatsoever you do to the least of my brothers, that you do unto me"

Really God will not forget our actions for he is not unfair.

I will conclude with this quotes by Mother Theresa titled...

[size=20]DO IT ANYWAY[/size]

>People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centred.......Forgive them anyway.
>If you are kind people may accuse you of selfish ulterior motives.......Be kind anyway.
>If you are successful you will win some false friends and some true enemies....Succeed anyway.
>If you are honest and frank people may cheat you....Be honest and frank anyway.
>What you spent years building, someone can destroy it overnight......Build anyway.
>If you find serenity and happiness they may be jealous........Be happy anyway.
>The good you do today people may often forget tomorrow.......Do good anyway.
>Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough.....Give the world the best you've got anyway.

[size=26]You see, in the final analysis, it was between you and GOD.......It was never between you and them anyway[/size]

Good morning brethren and do have a love filled day ahead smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:05am On May 18, 2015
Counting down to Pentecost...Day four.

:
See the Paraclete descending
Burning with celestial fire;
Grace and truth on him attending,
Men with heavenly love inspire.

Chorus:
Let us, alleluias singing,
Offer him our grateful lays,
He all heavenly graces bringing,
Merits everlasting praise.

Men in every danger fearing,
Now the greatest dangers scorn;
Amidst tortures persevering,
Show themselves in Christ new-born.

Fishermen by thee instructed,
Jesus to the world proclaim;
Infants by thy grace conducted,
Rather die than slight his name.

Idols fall, the Devil ceasing,
O'er the world to be adored ;
Faith and love by thee increasing,
All confess thee, sovereign Lord.

Source of love, our hearts inflaming
With true zeal and virtue pure;
Grant we may in heaven reigning,
Sing thy praise for evermore.

May the good Lord receive our praises and grant us many testimonies in our lives. Amen.

May the Lord meet you at your points of need Jnrbayano.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:13am On May 18, 2015
You have asked the Lord for forgiveness[psalm51], here is his reply to you;Isaiah 60:18-20.
God bless you Jnrbayano .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 1:10pm On May 18, 2015
peppyluv02:
You have asked the Lord for forgiveness[psalm51], here is his reply to you;Isaiah 60:18-20.
God bless you Jnrbayano .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Jennydoris(f): 2:26pm On May 18, 2015
May the Lord bless you.
May He send His Angels to protect you and defend you.
May you continue to prosper in all the days of your life and through your life endeavours.
May the Lord position you for your favours and for your long awaited miracle.

A. M. E. N.

And always remember Jnrbayano ... That quality is always remembered even long after price has been forgotten. your quality as a person cannot be forgotten because a great future lies ahead of you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 3:02pm On May 18, 2015
my sepcial psalm psalm1
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:03pm On May 18, 2015
Jnrbayano dear
As we pray in unity for you today, May God's mercy locate n abide with us all that our prayers and yours may find favor in the sight of The Lord.

Blessings, favor, grace, long life, success,testimonies, breakthrough, excellence & tears of joy; may these beautify your life from now on till your last day on earth.

These and more I ask through Christ our Lord. Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Juzzybabe(f): 8:01pm On May 18, 2015
Jnrbayano,it is well with you and everything that concerns you. Stay bless forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:05pm On May 18, 2015
vest:
my sepcial psalm psalm1

Noted dearie. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 9:17pm On May 18, 2015
Jnrbayano,
I pray for God's grace upon ur life, may his blessings and Love be with u always. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 11:19pm On May 18, 2015
May God bless you all for me. Thanks one and all. Love you all.

kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 12:51am On May 19, 2015
jnrbayano:
May God bless you all for me. Thanks one and all. Love you all.

kiss

kiss
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:18am On May 19, 2015
Novena day 10:

Today the 19th of May, we are praying specially for [size=16pt]Vest[/size]

Novena prayers

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and pettition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of Vest who we pray for today, and of mine(you may add yours), through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail mary, with eyes filled with hope and fillial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Special request...Psalm 1.

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.
The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the Lord knoweth the way of the righteous: but the way of the ungodly shall perish

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Jennydoris(f): 8:21am On May 19, 2015
May the Lord grant you all your hearts desires and protect you from all danger.

And may He strengthen you both now and forever. Amen..... Vest, it's well with you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 11:05am On May 19, 2015
Vest dearie, as we pray in unity for you today, may our prayers and yours find favor in the sight of God. May he protect n defend you from all troubles. May he never allow the wish of the enemy to happen in your life. May his glory n grace never depart from your life, and may his praise continually be in your mouth both now and forever. Amen

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:25am On May 19, 2015
God bless you vest.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by vest(m): 2:22pm On May 19, 2015
may God almighty bless u all
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 19, 2015
Vest,

May the precious Lord bless you and guide you by His name, accordingly.

Amen
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Fembleez1(m): 2:56pm On May 19, 2015
Jnrbayano, may God renew you with the blood of his son and grant you peace.

Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:12pm On May 19, 2015
Counting down to Pentecost...Day five

:
Breathe on me, Breath of God,
fill me with life anew,
that I may love the way you love,
and do what you would do.

2 Breathe on me, Breath of God,
until my heart is pure,
until my will is one with yours,
to do and to endure.

3 Breathe on me, Breath of God,
so shall I never die,
but live with you the perfect life
for all eternity.

May the good Lord receive our praises and grant us many testimonies in our lives. Amen.

May the Lord meet you at your points of need Vest.

Good day brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:41pm On May 19, 2015
Vest dear, God's blessings shall not cease to come to you, He will lead you in the right path and cause you to excel in your endeavours through Christ our Lord.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:55pm On May 19, 2015
Vest,

May all your good wishes be granted you through Christ our lord.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 8:36pm On May 19, 2015
Vest,

May the favor of God be with you always and may his Love cover you now and forever. Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 9:32pm On May 19, 2015
Dearest aunty MarvellousGod smiley
pls chose your favorite psalm for the novena
Thanks

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 10:35pm On May 19, 2015
May the light of God always shine on your paths in all aspects of your life.....Amen!

You are favoured, Vest!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:51am On May 20, 2015
Novena day 11:

Today the 20th of May, we are praying specially for [size=16pt]MarvelousGod[/size]

Novena prayers

O God, infinite beauty. Wretched as we are, we approach in humility your throne, with thanksgiving and pettition. Thanksgiving for the numerous mercies received from you, and petition for the many needs that weigh heavily on us. Look kindly upon our prayers, especially that of MarvelousGod who we pray for today, and of mine(you may add yours), through the merits of the passion of your son, our Lord Jesus Christ. Pray for us dearest mother Mary, as we offer you this ten roses of hail mary, with eyes filled with hope and fillial love. Amen.

10 Hail Marys.

Psalm 138
I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart; before the “gods” I will sing your praise.
I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,for you have so exalted your solemn decree that it surpasses your fame.
When I called, you answered me; you greatly emboldened me.
May all the kings of the earth praise you, Lord,when they hear what you have decreed.
May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great.
Though the Lord is exalted, he looks kindly on the lowly; though lofty, he sees them from afar.
Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life.
You stretch out your hand against the anger of my foes; with your right hand you save me.
The Lord will vindicate me; your love, Lord, endures forever—
do not abandon the works of your hands.

Special request...Psalm 92.

It is a good thing to give thanks unto the LORD, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:
To show forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,
Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.
For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.
O LORD, how great are thy works! and thy thoughts are very deep.
A brutish man knoweth not; neither doth a fool understand this.
When the wicked spring as the grass, and when all the workers of iniquity do flourish; it is that they shall be destroyed for ever:
But thou, LORD, art most high for evermore.
For, lo, thine enemies, O LORD, for, lo, thine enemies shall perish; all the workers of iniquity shall be scattered.
But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil.
Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me.
The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon.
Those that be planted in the house of the LORD shall flourish in the courts of our God.
They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing;
To show that the LORD is upright: he is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in him.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:56am On May 20, 2015
Counting down to Pentecost...Day Six

:
Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me.
Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me,

Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on us.
Melt us, mold us, fill us, use us,

May the Lord meet you at your points of need MarvelousGod.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 6:24am On May 20, 2015
Bro Syncan, today is 20th

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:57am On May 20, 2015
Kamsified:
Dearest aunty MarvellousGod smiley
pls chose your favorite psalm for the novena
Thanks
ohhh, just seeing this now... Psalm 23 remains my favourite or any other psalm that has to do with protection and blessings. .

May God grant our heart desires, Amen...

Happy birthday to me smiley smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:59am On May 20, 2015
Ohhh, Thanks syncan.. May God hear our prayers smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (369) (370) (371) (372) (373) (374) (375) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.