Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,422 members, 7,954,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:57 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (396) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (527953 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2015
Syncan:

I think I won't be honest if i say it doesn't matter. What about you?
Story is just story, doesn't matter who is. The story teller.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:58pm On Jul 31, 2015
SalC:
Story is just story, doesn't matter who is. The story teller.

hmm...Ok, lucky you to show same disposition towards everyone's story, no matter how you feel towards the story teller.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:03pm On Jul 31, 2015
Syncan:

hmm...Ok, lucky you to show same disposition towards everyone's story, no matter how you feel towards the story teller.
First tip:- try to be happy with everyone, ...not easy but possible smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:10pm On Jul 31, 2015
SalC:
First tip:- try to be happy with everyone, ...not easy but possible smiley

I don't think it's possible, even Jesus was not.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:13pm On Jul 31, 2015
Syncan:

I don't think it's possible, even Jesus was not.
Do you think it is impossible because Jesus wasn't "always" happy with everyone?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:16pm On Jul 31, 2015
SalC:
Do you think it is impossible because Jesus wasn't "always" happy with everyone?

No, I did not think it's impossible because Jesus wasn't always happy with everyone, rather I think Jesus wasn't always happy with everyone because it's impossible to do so and be perfect.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:20pm On Jul 31, 2015
Syncan:

No, I did not think it's impossible because Jesus wasn't always happy with everyone, rather I think Jesus wasn't always happy with everyone because it's impossible to do so and be perfect.
So you believe being happy with every one can make one imperfect? How so?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:29pm On Jul 31, 2015
SalC:
So you believe being happy with every one can make one imperfect? How so?

It is so because in the matter of perfection, lukewarmness is not allowed. Do you think differently?

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:32pm On Jul 31, 2015
Syncan:

It is so because in the matter of perfection, lukewarmness is not allowed. Do you think differently?
I believe so, but how does being happy with everyone translate to being lukewarm?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:37pm On Jul 31, 2015
SalC:
I believe so, but how does being happy with everyone translate to being lukewarm?

Are you saying Jesus Would have done better by being happy with those selling in the temple? Matt. 21.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:44pm On Jul 31, 2015
Syncan:

Are you saying Jesus Would have done better by being happy with those selling in the temple? Matt. 21.
No, there was a reason why I added "always"
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:50pm On Jul 31, 2015
SalC:
No, there was a reason why I added "always"

Good. Then it is impossible to be always happy with everyone and be perfect.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:53pm On Jul 31, 2015
Syncan:

Good. Then it is impossible to be always happy with everyone and be perfect.
Now this is better,

So back to the story ish, just enjoy the story and pick the lessons therein, don't put much interest on the teller. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:59pm On Jul 31, 2015
SalC:
Now this is better,

So back to the story ish, just enjoy the story and pick the lessons therein, don't put much interest on the teller. smiley

Thanks, I will try, just because you said so.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:01pm On Jul 31, 2015
Syncan:

Thanks, I will try, just because you said so.
Aww that's good of you smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 10:34pm On Jul 31, 2015
Thanks guys! for the prayers...well, am starting my exams by Monday.... Need your prayers.. I believe one Our Father, One Hail Mary and one Glory be... Will boost my retentiveness in the exam hall. Thanks and God bless
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:12am On Aug 01, 2015
marksooyinmiebi:
Thanks guys! for the prayers...well, am starting my exams by Monday.... Need your prayers.. I believe one Our Father, One Hail Mary and one Glory be... Will boost my retentiveness in the exam hall. Thanks and God bless

Let your belief grant you success dear through Christ our lord.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:35am On Aug 01, 2015
marksooyinmiebi:

May the Lord bless your efforts with success.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day and month ahead to all.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 7:35am On Aug 01, 2015
marksooyinmiebi:

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:19am On Aug 01, 2015
Good morning brethren
Just for the records: Out of sight is not out of mind o
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:24am On Aug 01, 2015
Syncan:
Today's First reading 1 Corinthians 10:31-11:1

"Whatever you eat, whatever you drink, whatever you do at all, do it for the glory of God. Never do anything offensive to anyone – to Jews or Greeks or to the Church of God; just as I try to be helpful to everyone at all times, not anxious for my own advantage but for the advantage of everybody else, so that they may be saved. Take me for your model, as I take Christ".

"Take me for your model, as I take Christ".... O God! What a statement...I feel so ashamed. I just tried now to see if I could boldly say the same to others...ah...I fell short, for the full picture of my unworthiness is quite vivid before me. Blessed are you brethren if you could say the same to others about yourself. Yes, maybe at one time or the other, cooperating with grace, we actually display Christlike qualities. We are however required to be Christlike in all things and at all times...be perfect as your holy father is perfect....Matt.5:48. Being Christlike is something that is lacking in the modern "Christianity" as bandied about in our world presently. We are presently too selfish, too worldly, too materialistic, ego and pride filled, too vindictive, to be Christlike. A lot of lessons could be learn by simply looking at these two individuals: One took over the leadership of his country by force, the other captured the heart of the world gently. One became so rich that it was claimed he became richer than his country, the other became a begger and shared with the poor the little she gets.They were both Catholics, they both lived in the same age, they died in the same month of the same year. The story of Mobutu Sese Seko of Zaire and Mother Theresa of Calcutta. At their death, the following were extracts about their burial.

Mobutu Sese Seko- "The former dictator of Zaire, Mobutu Sese Seko, who died of prostate cancer on Sept. 7, was buried today in a private ceremony attended only by members of his family in the European cemetery here. A funeral service planned for St. Peter's Cathedral in the city center did not take place because Moroccan authorities, without giving any explanation, removed security from around the building..."

Mother Theresa- "The three hour state funeral, which was characterized by multi-lingual and multi-religious rites, was held in Calcutta's Netaji Indoor Stadium. Dignitaries from more than 50 nations attended the Roman Catholic funeral mass, presided over by Vatican Secretary of State Angelo Sodano, the personal representative of Pope John Paul II".

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

Good morning to u bro. And Thanks for sharing

What year did mother Theresa die?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:30am On Aug 01, 2015
marksooyinmiebi:
May it be done to you according to your faith

All the best dearie

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2015
Kamsified:

Good morning to u bro. And Thanks for sharing

What year did mother Theresa die?

Nne how are you? 1997 it was.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:45am On Aug 01, 2015
Syncan:

Nne how are you? 1997 it was.

I'm fine bro. Thanks

It's either I was too young to witness this all-important event

Or

I'm too old to remember the past

I don't know why I thought Mother Theresa story happened some 2000 years ago undecided

Such a role model
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:38am On Aug 01, 2015
Kamsified:

I'm fine bro. Thanks

It's either I was too young to witness this all-important event

Or

I'm too old to remember the past

I don't know why I thought Mother Theresa story happened some 2000 years ago undecided

Such a role model

Ehm.. I will go with location and not age on this. Your being in the remote village at that time must have been the ish.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 12:04pm On Aug 01, 2015
Syncan:

Ehm.. I will go with location and not age on this. Your being in the remote village at that time must have been the ish.
That's why I added "fied" to her moniker to make it posh... tongue.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

hahahaha, cheesy cheesy. Abeg thanks for helping to "brought" her up jare.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:48pm On Aug 01, 2015
Syncan:

Does it mean u guys have not do a good job in spreading the gospel to remote villages

You still have loads of work to do then tongue tongue tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2015
FrancisTony:

Lol. Even u double saint? lipsrsealed

Don't let me upload ur birth certificate here to prove u weren't even born in 1997

Don't dare me o undecided
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
Kamsified:

Lol. Even u double saint? lipsrsealed

Don't let me upload ur birth certificate here to prove u weren't even born in 1997

Don't dare me o undecided
It's 1987, jor! tongue

Oya, upload it. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2015
Kamsified:

Does it mean u guys have not do a good job in spreading the gospel to remote villages

You still have loads of work to do then tongue tongue tongue

You mean no church in your village?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2015
hurricaneChris:

Goodluck!
jnrbayano:

Let your belief grant you success dear through Christ our lord.
Amen.
Syncan:

May the Lord bless your efforts with success.
Good morning brethren, a splendid day and month ahead to all.
Kamsified:

May it be done to you according to your faith
All the best dearie

Thank you all....

Amen!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) ... (505) (Reply)

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.