Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,344 members, 7,954,398 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:07 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (527906 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:52pm On Aug 11, 2015
Syncan:

ehm...anything for the boys? wink
erm.... kindly elaborate today's gospel.... want to figure out something....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2015
Rich4god:
erm.... kindly elaborate today's gospel.... want to figure out something....

You don start o, which kind high jump be this for this evening? Every scripture passage is like a treasury of gems that come in different shapes and sizes, you draw out from it most times a different type of gem, How will I know what you're trying to figure bro? I will however oblige you with this little reflection.

Today's Gospel MT 18:1-5, 10, 12-14

A child about 5 yrs old was carrying her younger Sister, she was actually struggling; but still held on, then an adult passed by and exclaimed "Who gave you this heavy load?". The child looked defiantly at the adult and replied "It's not a heavy load, she's my Sister"! That's the love of a child in action, love that is ignorant of the pain accompanying sacrifice.

Such are the stories we tell about children, Pure heart, complete dependence on the Adult, total trust. These are some of the qualities that God wish we posses, qualities that endear us to him. For those whose heart is like that of a child, such is the kingdom of heaven.

For some of us whose heart are "grown up"...doubtful, suspicious, vain, dishonest, deceitful...etc. God calls us to a retreat and a return, he never tires of calling out, like St. Monica followed her son St. Augustine to Italy, first with her eyes of prayer and supplication to God on his behalf, then with her physical presence and motherly words, so does God relentlessly seek for us when we've strayed. How happy He becomes when we turn back, look at Him and shout out upon recognizing Him for who He truly is, Our Father!

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:53pm On Aug 11, 2015
Thanks a lot @syncan.... though that wasn't the gospel that we read today sha....

so I wan mk u help me elaborate on this one (the gospel for today's memorial)

Matthew 19:27-29
‘What about us?’ Peter said to Jesus. ‘We have left everything and followed you. What are we to have, then?’ Jesus said to him, ‘I tell you solemnly, when all is made new and the Son of Man sits on his throne of glory, you will yourselves sit on twelve thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has left houses, brothers, sisters, father, mother, children or land for the sake of my name will be repaid a hundred times over, and also inherit eternal life.

d bold in particular....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:01pm On Aug 11, 2015
Rich4god:
Thanks a lot @syncan.... though that wasn't the gospel that we read today sha....

so I wan mk u help me elaborate on this one (the gospel for today's memorial)

d bold in particular....

I see. Here's my take on your passage then.

When we consider Rev. 21:10-14, one way of looking at it is to see the thrones as the exalted position of the apostles as foundation for the new City...the Church.
Again bro, st. Paul reminds us that the saints shall Judge the world (1 Cor.6:2), Indeed he was quoting wisdom 3:8(They shall judge the nations, and have dominion over the people, and their Lord shall reign for ever) so as saints that they are, and having rejected the world to become the apostles of Christ, they take their exalted place among the saints, to Judge others. It is actually the lives they lived, the witnesses they bore, the sacrifices they made for the sake of Christ that Stands in Judgement over the lives, the lukewarmness, the denouncing of faith existing in my and your life.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2015
Been a while...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 4:09am On Aug 13, 2015
Greetings, been a while. Heavily stressed lately at work, asking for your prayers. God bless.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
Thanks a lot @syncan.... I now got the meaning....

I been wan begin lobby to see if I can join the Apostles to judge some pple.... na salc I go first judge for her failure to provide my Sunday rice last Sunday....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:41am On Aug 14, 2015
Today the psalmist draws our attention to the ever new mercy of God while exclaiming: "for his MERCY endureth forever...".

We are all products of God's mercy. Because all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God,Romans 3:23 but we are lucky because His mercies never come to an end and they are new every morning. Lamentations 3:22-23.

Let us today reflect on our lives and realise that the mercy of God has been upon us. If the Lord had not been on our side...we would have been swallowed up alive,Psalm 124:3. You are able to read this because God in his mercy has decided to make sure your eyes are functioning.

We all have been through one difficulty at one point or the other but God's mercy saw us through. I personally have seen a lot of moments of sorrows and joy almost coming hand in hand but God has shown me mercy and kept me strong through all.

Let us always keep our faith in God alive, His mercies endureth forever.

Child of God, let us acknowledge the mercy of God today, appreciate it, but do not take it for. granted. Remember: the merciful God is also the God of justice.

***May Almighty God have mercy on us, forgive us our sins and bring us to everlasting life***

Good morning brethren and do have a mercy filled day ahead smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
Happy sunday brethren smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2015
Rich4god:
Thanks a lot @syncan.... I now got the meaning....

I been wan begin lobby to see if I can join the Apostles to judge some pple.... na salc I go first judge for her failure to provide my Sunday rice last Sunday....
Hmmm, thank God for God o, else....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:50pm On Aug 16, 2015
btoks:
Greetings, been a while. Heavily stressed lately at work, asking for your prayers. God bless.
God will always be your strength
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2015
peppyluv02:
Been a while...
Yeah, hope you are ok?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:54pm On Aug 16, 2015
Aizenosa, explain your personal text when you come online
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:06pm On Aug 16, 2015
Ubenedictus aka Benedictamus cheesy. ...

Kamsified

Egovinmma

bluerange

Jnrbayano

Italo

babestell

Vest

Woky

darknez Light

Damerry

Kizmarty
One went to Rome, another got a job, another became too busy, the other went into the monastery, another left for school, another went for exams, another went on a business trip etc etc and the once full house became lonely for the mother.

A real life lesson, on or offline smiley

God bless and keep you all wherever you are.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 16, 2015
Kizmarty has deactivated....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 6:25pm On Aug 16, 2015
Good evening all, it is has been a while! grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2015
FrancisTony:
Kizmarty has deactivated....
Ah! shocked why?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:30pm On Aug 16, 2015
bluerange:
Good evening all, it is has been a while! grin
Yes o, I called her out and she came right away!

You will live long o grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 6:39pm On Aug 16, 2015
SalC:
Yes o, I called her out and she came right away!

You will live long o grin

lt was a co-incidence! grin l made up my mind after Mass that l must visit Nairaland today as it has been a while. So how has it been with you?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2015
bluerange:

lt was a co-incidence! grin l made up my mind after Mass that l must visit Nairaland today as it has been a while. So how has it been with you?
I see, I just noticed another thing coincidentally. grin

Am fine and you? How is life and work in God's vineyard?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2015
Very interesting I jam this grin

It is always a thing of joy when a child is born smiley and every other year, it's worth celebrating cheesy

On this day so many years ago, your birth was the cause of Jubilation in your family, year after year you continued to grow from strength to strength, from stage to stage, increasing in wisdom and the love of God.

Today, we rejoice with you and thank God with you and for you as you add another year to your years.

We pray God to always be with you to guard and guide, to bless and strengthen you, to always keep you close to him.

May he bless your life endeavours and cause you to prosper in life and in the spirit.

[size=20]HAPPY BIRTHDAY BABESTELL AND MANY HAPPY RETURNS!!![/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2015
SalC:
I see, I just noticed another thing coincidentally. grin

Am fine and you? How is life and work in God's vineyard?

Am good. We do have many Nigerian Priests and Sisters here on Study and Mission, so we get to see each other more often.You will also have someone to call up to speak Igbo! grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
bluerange:

Am good. We do have many Nigerian Priests and Sisters here on Study and Mission, so we get to see each other more often.You will also have someone to call up to speak Igbo! grin
Lol somewhat funny, do you sometimes feel the fact that you live away from an igbo speaking dominated environ?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
SalC:
Ah! shocked why?
Dunno! He just deactivated..
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
Happy birthday, Babestell...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
FrancisTony:

Dunno!
He just deactivated..
Chai I pray he returns someday. I miss him embarassed

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
SalC:
Ubenedictus aka Benedictamus cheesy. ...

Kamsified

Egovinmma

bluerange

Jnrbayano

Italo

babestell

Vest

Woky

darknez Light

Damerry

Kizmarty
One went to Rome, another got a job, another became too busy, the other went into the monastery, another left for school, another went for exams, another went on a business trip etc etc and the once full house became lonely for the mother.

A real life lesson, on or offline smiley

God bless and keep you all wherever you are.

just cook rice and they will all come out from their bidding... esp jb n syncan...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
am already seeing jb n rice never enter fire.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
Rich4god:

just cook rice and they will all come out from their bidding... esp jb n syncan...
Lol please count Syncan out, I know he will be here, rice or no rice. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by bluerange(f): 7:27pm On Aug 16, 2015
SalC:
Lol somewhat funny, do you sometimes feel the fact that you live away from an igbo speaking dominated environ?

l don't feel it because on Kenya TV stations, Nigerian movies are always aired and most of these movies have igbo settings, likewise l get to watch AfricaMagic Igbo on DSTV likewise the Yoruba Channel. Even outside the Religious circle, there are lots of igbos here who am in constant touch with. Nigerian movies and music have a very strong hold here, so one would always feel at home.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:28pm On Aug 16, 2015
SalC:
Lol please count Syncan out, I know he will be here, rice or no rice. smiley
mk I never tlk....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:33pm On Aug 16, 2015
bluerange:

l don't feel it because on Kenya TV stations, Nigerian movies are always aired and most of these movies have igbo settings, likewise l get to watch AfricaMagic Igbo on DSTV likewise the Yoruba Channel. Even outside the Religious circle, there are lots of igbos here who am in constant touch with. Nigerian movies and music have a very strong hold here, so one would always feel at home.
Good and yes the likes of Citizen TV air Nigerian movies often. Good to know you are in touch with igbos out there, makes you feel better.

Btw you are still owing me a visit to Nigeria grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (505) (Reply)

Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.