Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (402) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518339 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 07, 2015
Chizzled06:

You don't get it. I don't believe in any of your imaginary Gods. The ignorance of mankind invented religion.
okay.... and you came to preach your unbelief here.
So what do you actually believe in now?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by smoothpapuzy(m): 11:07pm On Sep 07, 2015
Our mother visited us yst.
I am lucky to be a witness to her visitation in Kaduna.
My faith in my rosary and blessed sacrament has tripled
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:11pm On Sep 07, 2015
smoothpapuzy:
Our mother visited us yst.
I am lucky to be a witness to her visitation in Kaduna.
My faith in my rosary and blessed sacrament has tripled
Tell us about it
Re: A Thread For Catholics by smoothpapuzy(m): 11:15pm On Sep 07, 2015
SalC:
Tell us about it

She appeared to us. Thou I wasn't there, but it happened close to my dads office and the location is now like a pilgrimage home. She visited a lil girl.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:18pm On Sep 07, 2015
smoothpapuzy:

She appeared to us. Thou I wasn't there, but it happened close to my dads office and the location is now like a pilgrimage home. She visited a lil girl.
Will try and look it up.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Chizzled06(m): 11:26pm On Sep 07, 2015
dmandy:

okay.... and you came to preach your unbelief here.

So what do you actually believe in now?

Unfortunately, not everyone who doesn't believe in your God has sworn allegiance to 'Satan' or any other deity.
I believe in love, peace, charity, tolerance.
I decided not to stay quiet about my current views because I feel religion does more harm than good for humanity. The atrocities committed daily in the name of your Gods are unspeakable.
I've also realized almost all Christians(like most other religions) only know as much about their faith as indoctrination took them. It's no coincidence that most of those who look further, usually end up full of doubt.

Since the church lost it's power to prosecute people for heresy, 'unbelief' has spread, as reason and rational thinking is becoming the order of the day.

Humanity's fear of the unknown created the gods, the intelligence of humanity is calculated to destroy them.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 11:31pm On Sep 07, 2015
Chizzled06:

Unfortunately, not everyone who doesn't believe in your God has sworn allegiance to 'Satan' or any other deity.
I believe in love, peace, charity, tolerance.
I decided not to stay quiet about my current views because I feel religion does more harm than good for humanity. The atrocities committed daily in the name of your Gods are unspeakable.
I've also realized almost all Christians(like most other religions) only know as much about their faith as indoctrination took them. It's no coincidence that most of those who look further, usually end up full of doubt.

Since the church lost it's power to prosecute people for heresy, 'unbelief' has spread, as reason and rational thinking is becoming the order of the day.

Humanity's fear of the unknown created the gods, the intelligence of humanity is calculated to destroy them.

Okay... u believe in love, charity, hope and others. We all do. Now go and preach that to people who don't.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Chizzled06(m): 12:01am On Sep 08, 2015
dmandy:

Okay... u believe in love, charity, hope and others. We all do. Now go and preach that to people who don't.

You judge people based on whether they believe in your God or not.
You don't tolerate any idea that is not 'biblical' even though you don't know the origin of biblical books (if you did you wouldnt take it serious).
And then there's childhood indoctrination; the only reason christianity is still alive today. Why feed children with this mythical stuff when they can barely think for themselves?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 08, 2015
Chizzled06:

You judge people based on whether they believe in your God or not.
You don't tolerate any idea that is not 'biblical' even though you don't know the origin of biblical books (if you did you wouldnt take it serious).
And then there's childhood indoctrination; the only reason christianity is still alive today. Why feed children with this mythical stuff when they can barely think for themselves?

Sir,

It is you who judged...read your post.

Chizzled06:
I was indoctrinated into the catholic faith from birth.
But I've lost my faith, and found reason.
I hope one day you all break free from the mental shackle that is organised religion

Be that as it may, what do you seek here? Seems to me that you are insecure where you are now. You can still come back....The Holy Church is welcoming.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 8:33am On Sep 08, 2015
Happy Feast of Nativity of Blessed Virgin Mary. Our Mother!! Our Queen!!
May she continue to intercede for us now and forever....Amen.
Hail Mary, Full Of Grace, The Lord is with thee Blessed are you amongst women And blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 8:46am On Sep 08, 2015
Chizzled06:
I was indoctrinated into the catholic faith from birth.
But I've lost my faith, and found reason.
I hope one day you all break free from the mental shackle that is organised religion

Bro, what is this "reason" you found?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:31am On Sep 08, 2015
smoothpapuzy:

.....?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:31am On Sep 08, 2015
Rich4god:
1) in my opinion, I think it's just to re-ignite the love between them ...

2)Divorce might be possible here cos the marriage is based on lie...
He isn't asking for divorce, he is seeking for complete annulment.

Based on lies? How so?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:33am On Sep 08, 2015
MariaGoretti:
Happy Feast of Nativity of Blessed Virgin Mary.
Our Mother!! Our Queen!!

May she continue to intercede for us now and forever....Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full Of Grace,
The Lord is with thee
Blessed are you amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus ...
....Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and the hour of our death Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2015
Syncan......embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
SalC:
Syncan......embarassed
I got my eyes open...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2015
SalC:
He isn't asking for divorce, he is seeking for complete annulment.

Based on lies? How so?
The lady lied to him about her health... So as that, the guy is right... my opinion.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:12pm On Sep 08, 2015
Rich4god:
The lady lied to him about her health... So as that, the guy is right... my opinion.
I didn't hear he ever asked the lady if she is epileptic and she said no. It's more like they never talked about it. Can that still pass as lies?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:13pm On Sep 08, 2015
Rich4god:
I got my eyes open...
Why?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
SalC:
I didn't hear he ever asked the lady if she is epileptic and she said no. It's more like they never talked about it. Can that still pass as lies?
Even @ that... Common sense requires that one should open up in such a situation. As a student, You can't be asthmatic and hide it from your room mates and friends. So that when the crisis start, they won't be taken aback... Same way she should have told the hubby. Even aside a sign of love and openness, but for her own security.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:19pm On Sep 08, 2015
SalC:
Why?
Until he comes...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
My lady... I can see you...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 2:23pm On Sep 08, 2015
Rich4god:
My lady... I can see you...
Richie.....been a while!!
How nah??
Btw, I concur with your opinion over there. I go gist you why later on....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:26pm On Sep 08, 2015
MariaGoretti:

Richie.....been a while!!

How nah??

Btw, I concur with your opinion over there. I go gist you why later on....
My lady... Am pretty much around.... Just a click away from you.

Will be waiting.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:27pm On Sep 08, 2015
Rich4god:
Even @ that... Common sense requires that one should open up in such a situation. As a student, You can't be asthmatic and hide it from your room mates and friends. So that when the crisis start, they won't be taken aback... Same way she should have told the hubby. Even aside a sign of love and openness, but for her own security.
Ah shocked but common sense isn't so common and the fear of losing a potential spouse can contribute to her earlier silence, but I agree with you, she should have told him but I can't really say she lied.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 2:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
SalC:
Ah shocked but common sense isn't so common and the fear of losing a potential spouse can contribute to her earlier silence, but I agree with you, she should have told him but I can't really say she lied.
Eh Asanwa, lie na lie...she should have been open from the begining esp concerning health.

I understand why she didn't say so. Sometimes I'm tempted to keep mum but its still deceit.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
SalC:
Hope you remember this line... "in what I have done and in what I have failed to do"... They are both counted as sin. In the true sense of it, she didn't. But in an institution such as married, she has erred.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:41pm On Sep 08, 2015
MariaGoretti:

Eh Asanwa, lie na lie...she should have been open from the begining esp concerning health.

I understand why she didn't say so. Sometimes I'm tempted to keep mum but its still deceit.
Lol serious lie na lie cheesy

Though I don't know much about the lady before now or why she did that, just that I marvel at the things that can suddenly break a happy home.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:43pm On Sep 08, 2015
Rich4god:
Hope you remember this line... "in what I have done and in what I have failed to do"... They are both counted as sin. In the true sense of it, she didn't. But in an institution such as married, she has erred.
So hers was a sin of omission and her sin has no pardon in an institution such as marriage? embarassed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MariaGoretti: 2:45pm On Sep 08, 2015
SalC:
So hers was a sin of omission and her sin has no pardon in an institution such as marriage? embarassed
pardon depends on her husband
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
MariaGoretti:

pardon depends on her husband
That means all hope is lost here, smh
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2015
SalC:
lol... d pardon here depends on the hubby....

I was once in a wedding mass, during the vow, the lady, instead of calling the man's name, called him "my prince" (I hv forgotten the actual pet name that she used.) One of the officiating priest had to tell her to repeat the vow using the man's name. To some of us, it might not seem like a big deal. But tomorrow, the man may seek for annulment claiming that the lady's vow wasn't made to him as she didn't use his name. I hope you got my point. Such mistake isn't supposed to be made in preparation for marriage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.