Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (430) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517939 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:58pm On Dec 22, 2015
Syncan:

It's good isn't it?
Let me check tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:26pm On Dec 22, 2015
SalC:
Let me check tongue
lol.... u sef.... 2016 is coming... so try adopt apc slogan
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:36pm On Dec 22, 2015
SalC:
Let me check tongue

Smh. cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2015
Rich4god:

You've said it all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:18pm On Dec 22, 2015
Rich4god:
APC of all parties? Smh, am not even partisan. cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:19pm On Dec 22, 2015
Syncan:

Smh. cheesy
please shake it gently, cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 12:27am On Dec 23, 2015
Syncan:

May your joy know no bound.

Of course dear, there's romance in the air, the Lord of the dance is caught up in it, Syncan is blown away cheesy tongue cheesy .
i have this feeling ur dance will b serious old school. U've gat this old school speech and old school air around u.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:52am On Dec 23, 2015
Ubenedictus:
i have this feeling ur dance will b serious old school. U've gat this old school speech and old school air around u.

Chai...see Ubenedictus calling me old school, Ok let's wait for kamsified, she's the Pope's secretary, she fit get record. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:54am On Dec 23, 2015
SalC:
please shake it gently, cheesy

CHANGE!!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:54am On Dec 23, 2015
From Today's Gospel.

"When the time arrived for Elizabeth to have her child she gave birth to a son. Her neighbors and relatives heard that the Lord had shown his great mercy toward her, and they rejoiced with her.". LK 1:57-66

Wait! Did you hear that? "When the time arrived..." it says. There is a time for everything under the sun remember Eccl.3:1. The time for many things in our lives; we do not know, yet in this season of memories; one cannot but ruminate with nostalgia some times in our lives when we couldn't just wait for "the time" to arrive....How does the priest in his silver jubilee feel; when he recalls what he felt for the bishop the time his ordination was differed by six months? How does the mother of three in a ten year old marriage feel; when she recalls what she felt for her parents in the restrictions and sanctions during her adolescence? How does a husband of fifteen years with a loving wife feel; when he recalls what he felt some nights in school living beside a neighbor who was cohabiting? What could be going through the mind of a well earning worker; when the worker remembers the many times Christmas had met him unemployed? What does it feel like to that 39yrs old sister I know, that got wedded this season; when she recalls what she's felt for God and men in the past 18yrs or so? Ah...na wa o, some of us will definitely unconsciously begin the mea culpa as they recall the past, for in our desperation, several regrettable feelings, thoughts and actions took place. Yet, when the time arrived everything fell in place, for God makes all things beautiful in HIs time Eccl.3:11. Indeed beloved brethren, oge Chukwu ga-asuru gi ohia, o gaghi ekwe umu uwa nghota. Just like the neighbors of Elizabeth and Zachariah, your neighbors will marvel and rejoice with you.

Seasons greetings to:

dmandy, jamp, marksooyinmiebi, deracathy, Fembleez1, darknez,Tobetoe, Grego3, afanda, Rose2014, pamcrest, MrAladin, Hidentity, Burmak,
Lordnammy, titoetal, Nomski0, wonda26, Davikk01, Livebullet, marykaydee, Polkabluedot, Tuneller, Dyla, exxell, Clemigho, Lovethywilbedon, Macelliot, Frodobee, starbuck

May your cups never run dry.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 23, 2015
Syncan:
From Today's Gospel.

"When the time arrived for Elizabeth to have her child she gave birth to a son. Her neighbors and relatives heard that the Lord had shown his great mercy toward her, and they rejoiced with her.". LK 1:57-66

Wait! Did you hear that? "When the time arrived..." it says. There is a time for everything under the sun remember Eccl.3:1. The time for many things in our lives; we do not know, yet in this season of memories; one cannot but ruminate with nostalgia some times in our lives when we couldn't just wait for "the time" to arrive....How does the priest in his silver jubilee feel; when he recalls what he felt for the bishop the time his ordination was differed by six months? How does the mother of three in a ten year old marriage feel; when she recalls what she felt for her parents in the restrictions and sanctions during her adolescence? How does a husband of fifteen years with a loving wife feel; when he recalls what he felt some nights in school living beside a neighbor who was cohabiting? What could be going through the mind of a well earning worker; when the worker remembers the many times Christmas had met him unemployed? What does it feel like to that 39yrs old sister I know, that got wedded this season; when she recalls what she's felt for God and men in the past 18yrs or so? Ah...na wa o, some of us will definitely unconsciously begin the mea culpa as they recall the past, for in our desperation, several regrettable feelings, thoughts and actions took place. Yet, when the time arrived everything fell in place, for God makes all things beautiful in HIs time Eccl.3:11. Indeed beloved brethren, oge Chukwu ga-asuru gi ohia, o gaghi ekwe umu uwa nghota. Just like the neighbors of Elizabeth and Zachariah, your neighbors will marvel and rejoice with you.

Seasons greetings to:

dmandy, jamp, marksooyinmiebi, deracathy, Fembleez1, darknez,Tobetoe, Grego3, afanda, Rose2014, pamcrest, MrAladin, Hidentity, Burmak,
Lordnammy, titoetal, Nomski0, wonda26, Davikk01, Livebullet, marykaydee, Polkabluedot, Tuneller, Dyla, exxell, Clemigho, Lovethywilbedon, Macelliot, Frodobee, starbuck

Thank you sir,

Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2016 to everyone in the house.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:58am On Dec 23, 2015
Syncan:

Chai...see Ubenedictus calling me old school, Ok let's wait for kamsified, she's the Pope's secretary, she fit get record. smiley
let us wait, i am sure she has a full encyclopedia on you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 12:09pm On Dec 23, 2015
Hi family.....how are we preparing for the long weekend
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 12:23pm On Dec 23, 2015
babestell:
Hi family.....how are we preparing for the long weekend
Going fine so far.... I just on my bluetooth... I dey find who go host me... tongue tongue tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:51am On Dec 24, 2015
From Today's Gospel.

Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel; for he has come to his people and set them free. He has raised up for us a mighty Savior, born of the house of his servant David. Through his prophets he promised of old that he would save us from our enemies, from the hands of all who hate us.He promised to show mercy to our fathers and to remember his holy covenant. This was the oath he swore to our father Abraham: to set us free from the hand of our enemies, free to worship him without fear, holy and righteous in his sight all the days of our life". LK 1:67-79

Am not saying a thing on this, I'm just gonna let you savor the rendition, as you go about today's frenzied preparations. May your travel, shopping, cleaning, cooking...and indeed all your activities of today; geared towards a splendid Christmas, be successfully accomplished to the glory of God. May His presence ever be by your side.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:26pm On Dec 24, 2015
In the last 24hours, Syncan has been accused of being poetic, romantic, at the same time being old school on this thread. Chai
Syncan Nwannem it shows that people will always talk no matter what u do. So sad

Disclaimer: I came here to accuse him too cheesy but you guys already beat me to it.
Bro Syncan ndo cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:33pm On Dec 24, 2015
Syncan:
From Today's Reading.

O my dove in the clefts of the rock, in the secret recesses of the cliff, Let me see you, let me hear your voice, For your voice is sweet, and you are lovely.”Songs 2:8-14

There's a feeling in the air at this period of advent, ChineloSA dear do you notice it? An ambiance that inspires love. SalC dear one, the nights are cool, seasonal birds are back and their melodies fill the air. Jnrbayano bro, everywhere reminds you of parks and gardens with Christmas trees and accompanying decorations all around. Auntie debbie, It's a time that brings back lovely nostalgic memories of a period; a time of fraternal exchanges, abundant merriment, first love thrills, youthful adventures up to more recent recollections. Kamsified nne, smiles are everywhere handy; with gifts not far away, especially at sales outlets. Music from the sound boxes are particularly soft and joyful and the message of peace is rendered by almost all who mount the speakers, Rich4god, nwanne no be true? It's a time people plan to look their best and there's a boom for the fashionistas, mariagorreti, omalicha i greet you. What sort of love is it that does not display its affection in this time, in words, material exchanges or physical presence, Peppyluv02 ada oma, o kwa ihe ekwuru ka a na eme? Indeed, indeed there's love in the air, and Christ the Saviour is caught up in it, Jennydoris. You know what; Chikk nwanyi oma, He through whom and for whom the world was created, but who chose to be born in a manger for the purpose of drawing you closer to Him, is hit also by the bug of love in the air at this time. Ubenedictus, I remain Loyal o. Jesus is in a relationship with you, aye, with your soul. Aizenosa, beloved bro I hail. Will there be a display of affection between your soul and Him in this season of love?HurricaneChris bro, Hush! Listen quietly, eyes on the red fonts above, and hear the soft melodious voice saying: "Let me see you, let me hear your voice", Have you met Him at the confessional, did He hear your voice there? Babestell asa be anyi, did you look for Him in the poor,did He hear your voice giving alms and doing good? btoks dear brethren, I salute you. Egovinmma, Sunshine I ask again, what manner of love resists display at such a season? The Lord calls us to Himself at this time, OZAOKPE my brother, I send greetings. He yearns for a display of our love, Italo my beloved bro, respect sir. He wants to display His to us and looks forward to receiving ours. FrancisTony bro, how you dey. Stunningjudy dearie, its a time of unprecedented favour from Christ, the love of your soul. He waits for you, blurange, he says "Your voice is sweet, and you are lovely".

Good morning brethren, A splendid day ahead to you all.

Thanks for this piece. Lent season leading to Easter is too sober for us not to prepare our souls for it. On the other hand, Christmas doesn't have such hence we easily get carried away by looks n food etc.
Thanks for the reminder. Always nice to have people that keep us in check

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
SalC:
Syncan you will make a great poet, what say ya? smiley

Yes the air is filled with so much love so to say but am afraid some of us only know the purpose in words and not indeed.

A lot of people are more interested in the type of cloths, shoes and hairdo they will be wearing than they are of the kind of heart they will be presenting before God as we commemorate the birth that brought us grace and salvation.

I recall, during lent we always chant the 'tear your hearts and not your cloth' can we not chant the 'Purify your hearts and not your wears' this season too.

Most times I see so many cases of misplaced priorities. A season that is supposed to be a joyful one has been turned to the 'I must make it or die' season.

Growing up, we usual feel eager and look forward to the Christmas confession in our parish. You see our youths troop out for Christmas confession. We wanted to welcome the new born king with a pure heart. But today, that lovely culture of the youth is gradually fading away....God help us.

Well I won't still forget the joy and love spread in this season, positive! Positive they are. It's already being spread and we too should join the train. Let's look around and there must be someone we can put a smile on his or her face individually or collectively. Let's not hesitate to do so.

May the birth we await also bring us the renewal of our hearts and minds. May it also bring us untold joy , blessings and immeasurable favour through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have a love filled day ahead smiley
It's because we've turned the season to a time to show off our achievements during the year.
That's humans for you. I belonged to church group(not catholic) sometime ago and we met once a year for a convention. Such a beautiful reunion and can be quite refreshing spiritually.
But before u know it, it became an avenue to show off our husbands, wives, kids, cars, money etc and before you know it, those that lack these things will not want to come again defeating the primary purpose of the convention.

That's what we get for placing a premium on material achievements

Amen to the prayers

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 3:42pm On Dec 24, 2015
Syncan:
From Today's Gospel.

Blessed be the Lord, the God of Israel; for he has come to his people and set them free. He has raised up for us a mighty Savior, born of the house of his servant David. Through his prophets he promised of old that he would save us from our enemies, from the hands of all who hate us.He promised to show mercy to our fathers and to remember his holy covenant. This was the oath he swore to our father Abraham: to set us free from the hand of our enemies, free to worship him without fear, holy and righteous in his sight all the days of our life". LK 1:67-79

Am not saying a thing on this, I'm just gonna let you savor the rendition, as you go about today's frenzied preparations. May your travel, shopping, cleaning, cooking...and indeed all your activities of today; geared towards a splendid Christmas, be successfully accomplished to the glory of God. May His presence ever be by your side.

Amen Amen Amen I say
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:09pm On Dec 24, 2015
Kamsified:
In the last 24hours, Syncan has been accused of being poetic, romantic, at the same time being old school on this thread. Chai
Syncan Nwannem it shows that people will always talk no matter what u do. So sad

Disclaimer: I came here to accuse him too cheesy but you guys already beat me to it.
Bro Syncan ndo cheesy

And I was waiting for her to come and expose Ubenedictus as the old school here. angry
Re: A Thread For Catholics by marykaydee: 9:51pm On Dec 24, 2015
dmandy:

Thank you sir,

Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2016 to everyone in the house.

Merry chrismas to you too. God bless you!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by marykaydee: 9:53pm On Dec 24, 2015
Syncan:
From Today's Gospel.

Seasons greetings to:

Merry chrismas to you all. God bless you

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 12:48am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas family
Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 1:45am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:47am On Dec 25, 2015
May the new born King bring joy and laughter in our lives, and may the graces of the season bring us closer to Christ. Amen.

Be happy, Be safe.

Happy Christmas all, a splendid day ahead.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 9:48am On Dec 25, 2015
Wishing all of us a wonderful Christmas celebration. And a happy new year.

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:18am On Dec 25, 2015
Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. May the peace, love and joy of the Saviour of the world abound for you now and always. Merry Christmas umu Chineke
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 10:27am On Dec 25, 2015
Merry Christmas house. Prosperous new year in advance.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 4:35pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry christmas bro,hope u chop rice today?
hurricaneChris:
Wishing all of us a wonderful Christmas celebration. And a happy new year.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 4:36pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry christmas adaoma,enjoy your day
Kamsified:
Unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. May the peace, love and joy of the Saviour of the world abound for you now and always. Merry Christmas umu Chineke
Re: A Thread For Catholics by debbie(f): 4:38pm On Dec 25, 2015
Merry christmas bro,God bless you.
Syncan:
May the new born King bring joy and laughter in our lives, and may the graces of the season bring us closer to Christ. Amen.

Be happy, Be safe.

Happy Christmas all, a splendid day ahead.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2015
Happy Christmas brethren. May we all experience a complete joy smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.