Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517908 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:49am On Dec 13, 2015
I JUST NEED THE GRACE TO GO FOR THE SACRAMENT OF 'RECONCILIATION', I KNOW I NEED IT TO PUT ME BACK ON TRACK. I HAVE NOT BEING SHARING IN THE 'SUPPER', AND I ALWAYS FEEL THAT GUILT IN ME. FORGIVE ME LORD FOR.......................................... lipsrsealed
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:51pm On Dec 13, 2015
OZAOEKPE:
I JUST NEED THE GRACE TO GO FOR THE SACRAMENT OF 'RECONCILIATION', I KNOW I NEED IT TO PUT ME BACK ON TRACK. I HAVE NOT BEING SHARING IN THE 'SUPPER', AND I ALWAYS FEEL THAT GUILT IN ME. FORGIVE ME LORD FOR.......................................... lipsrsealed
This christmas will be a great opportunity for that... Just keep your ear to the ground and watch out for the confession date/time of your parish...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 9:14pm On Dec 13, 2015
JUST REMEMBER THIS IS THE YEAR OF MERCY
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:22am On Dec 17, 2015
#knocks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:36pm On Dec 17, 2015
Good afternoon brethren
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 2:58pm On Dec 17, 2015
Kamsified:
Good afternoon brethren

Kamsi kedu?

good afternoon brothers wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 8:02pm On Dec 17, 2015
hurricaneChris:

Kamsi kedu?

good afternoon brothers wink
I'm fine Nwokeoma thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 5:07am On Dec 18, 2015
Kamsified:

I'm fine Nwokeoma thanks
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:51am On Dec 18, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

The grace is available bro, that's why you typed this. So we're looking forward to a Joyful Christmas with good news from you.

With you in prayers.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:59am On Dec 18, 2015
Syncan:

The grace is available bro, that's why you typed this. So we're looking forward to a Joyful Christmas with good news from you.

With you in prayers.
I OWE GOD MY LIFE, FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE IN MY FAMILY. WHILE OTHERS ARE WAILING ABOUT THE ECONOMY, WE ARE SMILING cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:03am On Dec 18, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

I OWE GOD MY LIFE, FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE IN MY FAMILY. WHILE OTHERS ARE WAILING ABOUT THE ECONOMY, WE ARE SMILING cheesy

cheesy cheesy cheesy I rejoice with you and your family, while praying that the economy improves for all too; that our joy may be complete in that aspect. Hoping that His mercies on you draw you closer to Him in the Eucharist.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:05am On Dec 18, 2015
Syncan:

cheesy cheesy cheesy I rejoice with you and your family, while praying that the economy improves for all too; that our joy may be complete in that aspect. Hoping that His mercies on you draw you closer to Him in the Eucharist.
SURE BRO, IMAGINE HOW WONDERFUL THE WORLD WOULD BE IF EVERYBODY IS HAPPY AND OK. ITS MY GREAT JOY IF THE ECONOMY IS GOOD, THERE WILL BE AN IMPROVEMENT IN ALL ASPECT OF OUR LIFE.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:13am On Dec 18, 2015
OZAOEKPE:

SURE BRO, IMAGINE HOW WONDERFUL THE WORLD WOULD BE IF EVERYBODY IS HAPPY AND OK. ITS MY GREAT JOY IF THE ECONOMY IS GOOD, THERE WILL BE AN IMPROVEMENT IN ALL ASPECT OF OUR LIFE.

Indeed bro, indeed it will be nice to have everybody having the basic needs of life...Though not too rich; such as to deny God, nor too poor; such as to steal and take the name of God in vain. Prov 30:9.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:22am On Dec 18, 2015
I can see you... My Lady....

WHo go host me for this Christmass make I prepare mysef....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2015
Compliment of the season guys. I hope we are all having fun
Re: A Thread For Catholics by yomihagin2: 8:41pm On Dec 18, 2015
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:08am On Dec 20, 2015
Happy sunday brethren smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 11:13am On Dec 20, 2015
Happy Sunday family, hope we all doing great
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:00pm On Dec 20, 2015
babestell:
Compliment of the season guys. I hope we are all having fun

SalC:
Happy sunday brethren smiley

Aizenosa:
Happy Sunday family, hope we all doing great

A splendid Sunday and Best of the season to you and all.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by btoks: 9:41pm On Dec 20, 2015
Wishing you all a beautiful week. Christmas is almost here!!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2015
From Today's Reading.

O my dove in the clefts of the rock, in the secret recesses of the cliff, Let me see you, let me hear your voice, For your voice is sweet, and you are lovely.”Songs 2:8-14

There's a feeling in the air at this period of advent, ChineloSA dear do you notice it? An ambiance that inspires love. SalC dear one, the nights are cool, seasonal birds are back and their melodies fill the air. Jnrbayano bro, everywhere reminds you of parks and gardens with Christmas trees and accompanying decorations all around. Auntie debbie, It's a time that brings back lovely nostalgic memories of a period; a time of fraternal exchanges, abundant merriment, first love thrills, youthful adventures up to more recent recollections. Kamsified nne, smiles are everywhere handy; with gifts not far away, especially at sales outlets. Music from the sound boxes are particularly soft and joyful and the message of peace is rendered by almost all who mount the speakers, Rich4god, nwanne no be true? It's a time people plan to look their best and there's a boom for the fashionistas, mariagorreti, omalicha i greet you. What sort of love is it that does not display its affection in this time, in words, material exchanges or physical presence, Peppyluv02 ada oma, o kwa ihe ekwuru ka a na eme? Indeed, indeed there's love in the air, and Christ the Saviour is caught up in it, Jennydoris. You know what; Chikk nwanyi oma, He through whom and for whom the world was created, but who chose to be born in a manger for the purpose of drawing you closer to Him, is hit also by the bug of love in the air at this time. Ubenedictus, I remain Loyal o. Jesus is in a relationship with you, aye, with your soul. Aizenosa, beloved bro I hail. Will there be a display of affection between your soul and Him in this season of love?HurricaneChris bro, Hush! Listen quietly, eyes on the red fonts above, and hear the soft melodious voice saying: "Let me see you, let me hear your voice", Have you met Him at the confessional, did He hear your voice there? Babestell asa be anyi, did you look for Him in the poor,did He hear your voice giving alms and doing good? btoks dear brethren, I salute you. Egovinmma, Sunshine I ask again, what manner of love resists display at such a season? The Lord calls us to Himself at this time, OZAOKPE my brother, I send greetings. He yearns for a display of our love, Italo my beloved bro, respect sir. He wants to display His to us and looks forward to receiving ours. FrancisTony bro, how you dey. Stunningjudy dearie, its a time of unprecedented favour from Christ, the love of your soul. He waits for you, blurange, he says "Your voice is sweet, and you are lovely".

Good morning brethren, A splendid day ahead to you all.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:25am On Dec 22, 2015
Syncan you will make a great poet, what say ya? smiley

Yes the air is filled with so much love so to say but am afraid some of us only know the purpose in words and not indeed.

A lot of people are more interested in the type of cloths, shoes and hairdo they will be wearing than they are of the kind of heart they will be presenting before God as we commemorate the birth that brought us grace and salvation.

I recall, during lent we always chant the 'tear your hearts and not your cloth' can we not chant the 'Purify your hearts and not your wears' this season too.

Most times I see so many cases of misplaced priorities. A season that is supposed to be a joyful one has been turned to the 'I must make it or die' season.

Growing up, we usual feel eager and look forward to the Christmas confession in our parish. You see our youths troop out for Christmas confession. We wanted to welcome the new born king with a pure heart. But today, that lovely culture of the youth is gradually fading away....God help us.

Well I won't still forget the joy and love spread in this season, positive! Positive they are. It's already being spread and we too should join the train. Let's look around and there must be someone we can put a smile on his or her face individually or collectively. Let's not hesitate to do so.

May the birth we await also bring us the renewal of our hearts and minds. May it also bring us untold joy , blessings and immeasurable favour through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have a love filled day ahead smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:57am On Dec 22, 2015
SalC:
Syncan you will make a great poet, what say ya? smiley

Yes the air is filled with so much love so to say but am afraid some of us only know the purpose in words and not indeed.

A lot of people are more interested in the type of cloths, shoes and hairdo they will be wearing than they are of the kind of heart they will be presenting before God as we commemorate the birth that brought us grace and salvation.

I recall, during lent we always chant the 'tear your hearts and not your cloth' can we not chant the 'Purify your hearts and not your wears' this season too.

Most times I see so many cases of misplaced priorities. A season that is supposed to be a joyful one has been turned to the 'I must make it or die' season.

Growing up, we usual feel eager and look forward to the Christmas confession in our parish. You see our youths troop out for Christmas confession. We wanted to welcome the new born king with a pure heart. But today, that lovely culture of the youth is gradually fading away....God help us.

Well I won't still forget the joy and love spread in this season, positive! Positive they are. It's already being spread and we too should join the train. Let's look around and there must be someone we can put a smile on his or her face individually or collectively. Let's not hesitate to do so.

May the birth we await also bring us the renewal of our hearts and minds. May it also bring us untold joy , blessings and immeasurable favour through Christ our Lord.

Good morning brethren and do have a love filled day ahead smiley

Nwanyi oma, I hear you, na where money no dey you de call my name. Why can't I make a great NSA? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:31am On Dec 22, 2015
Syncan:

Nwanyi oma, I hear you, na where money no dey you de call my name. Why can't I make a great NSA? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Lolz and who says you can't be both?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:01am On Dec 22, 2015
SalC:
Lolz and who says you can't be both?

hahahaha, Just checking if your thoughts for me are thoughts of good and not the other.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:29am On Dec 22, 2015
From Today's Gospel.

My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord; my spirit rejoices in God my savior. for he has looked upon his lowly servant. From this day all generations will call me blessed: the Almighty has done great things for me, and holy is his Name. He has mercy on those who fear him
in every generation. He has shown the strength of his arm, and has scattered the proud in their conceit. He has cast down the mighty from their thrones and has lifted up the lowly. He has filled the hungry with good things, and the rich he has sent away empty. He has come to the help of his servant Israel for he remembered his promise of mercy, the promise he made to our fathers, to Abraham and his children for ever
.” Lk1: 46-56.

Talking about Poets, the world have not cease to marvel at the poem above. You need to take a while and absorb this, Imagine what just happened to this young maiden who thought lowly of herself, the more she goes over scripture in her heart, the more the full impact of the present situation hits her..."From this day all generations shall call me blessed". Why was she chosen, how could God have seen her..."He had looked upon His lowly servant". Therefore how great is this Lord, how majestic in glory to have scattered the bounds of the ordinary, which sees only the high and mighty..."My soul proclaims the greatness of the Lord". Then she meditates on the import to God's people, the freedom from the captivity of original sin, the quench of the thirst of the Patriarchs who could not see God, the satisfying of the hunger of the just who needed the "way" and not the "Law", and all these done by the merciful heart of the one who was offended, because he had made a promise..."the promise he made to our Fathers". It makes me remember a song I loved so much, a song by a singer called Dana (from Ireland).

The song goes like this:

"there is no rock like my God,
I find my strength in my God,
I rejoice in His saving help,
there is no rock like my God

He is the Lord who gives night and day
He takes man to his grave and back
He is the Lord who gives poverty and riches
He brings one low and He raise the other High"

It was a song beautifully rendered with words laced in scripture especially from Hannah, of whom we read in the first reading of today (1 SAMUEL 2:1, 4-5, 6-7, 8). When the prayers of a countless sleepless nights gets answered, When the dreams of years come true, when unmerited favor come your way, when unprecedented grace falls on you, aye, when your lines fall in pleasant places (psalm15), that's when you appreciate what Mary felt. May we all experience that feeling in our lives from time to time; and testify to the goodness of God always. And when we do receive, may we remember to use what we received for His glory, just as Hannah offered up Samuel.

Seasons greetings to the following:

MzflexyDeeva, Ify124, Vest,MOBJECTIVE,Woky,Chidima,gladokpe,maum,geccibede,damerry,Maureenah,PriceOfGarri, juzzybabe

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to you all.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
Seasons greeting to you too Syncan. Your write up yesterday was so poet and if I may say had a touch of romance. smiley smiley
Wish everyone here a joyful celebrations
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 1:54pm On Dec 22, 2015
babestell:
Seasons greeting to you too Syncan. Your write up yesterday was so poetic and if I may say had a touch of romance. smiley smiley

May your joy know no bound.

Of course dear, there's romance in the air, the Lord of the dance is caught up in it, Syncan is blown away cheesy tongue cheesy .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:28pm On Dec 22, 2015
babestell:
Seasons greeting to you too Syncan. Your write up yesterday was so poet and if I may say had a touch of romance. smiley smiley
Sometimes I wonder if he is "the man" of Songs of Solomon, or has he been reading a lot of "the man's" lines in the said book? smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:43pm On Dec 22, 2015
SalC:
Sometimes I wonder if he is "the man" of Songs of Solomon, or has he been reading a lot of "the man's" lines in the said book? smiley

There is an "m" on the side of "Syncan", should I have concentrated on the female lines? Eh mummy Rich4god.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:17pm On Dec 22, 2015
Syncan:

There is an "m" on the side of "Syncan", should I have concentrated on the female lines? Eh mummy Rich4god.
You really learnt a lot from him smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:56pm On Dec 22, 2015
SalC:
You really learnt a lot from him smiley

It's good isn't it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.