Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:40 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (518202 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 2:55pm On Mar 16, 2016
hurricaneChris:
Maybe I should let SalC know I am currently in abuja.

We've got some renovations to do at defence headquarters, thats where i'm working today. grin grin

Will be at ministry of Labor and industry tomorrow.
I only need glo recharge card sad
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 4:29pm On Mar 16, 2016
Kamsified:

I only need glo recharge card sad

Lol, Kamsi your problem is minimal
grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 5:50pm On Mar 16, 2016
hurricaneChris:

Lol, Kamsi your problem is minimal
grin
Dancing to Mr. P cheesy song until Peter Obi reconciles Psquare
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 6:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Looking for my one n only Rich4god
Sorry boss I forgot my password that's why u haven't seen my breaklight. Will have a solution soon
Meanwhile ur number that ends in 51 says it no longer exists. Why na
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:28pm On Mar 16, 2016
Kamsified:
Looking for my one n only Rich4god
Sorry boss I forgot my password that's why u haven't seen my breaklight. Will have a solution soon
Meanwhile ur number that ends in 51 says it no longer exists. Why na
My zing... You left me in d carribean for too long.... My number is still active. But just in case its not reachable from your end, you knw where to meet me na.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Kamsified: 10:51pm On Mar 16, 2016
Rich4god:
My zing... You left me in d carribean for too long.... My number is still active. But just in case its not reachable from your end, you knw where to meet me na.
I forgot the pass code to our Carribean home that's the problem. I'll call a locksmith to come change it. Once done, I'll let u know boss
Miss you loads
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:38am On Mar 17, 2016
From today's Gospel JN 8:51-59

"...Jesus answered, “If I glorify myself, my glory is worth nothing; but it is my Father who glorifies me, of whom you say, ‘He is our God.’ You do not know him, but I know him. And if I should say that I do not know him, I would be like you a liar. But I do know him and I keep his word. Abraham your father rejoiced to see my day; he saw it and was glad.” So the Jews said to him, “You are not yet fifty years old and you have seen Abraham?” Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM.” So they picked up stones to throw at him;
but Jesus hid and went out of the temple area
."

This Passage reminds me of some threads here on Nairaland. Threads were our separated brethren come to condemn Catholics and certain practices of the church. Do you see the disconnect between Jesus and the Jews? Read that passage thoughtfully, put yourself in the place of the Jews, and see if you easily understood Jesus. Jesus was saying the truth, but how will they understand without calming down and listening to him explain things? How will they understand Jesus, if they only take recourse to what their scribes say about Jesus' message? How will one understand the catholic teachings and practices without calming down and listening to Catholics explain? How will one understand the teachings; when your information are got from a non Catholic web page? See how they argue with Jesus in their ignorance, same way you feel reading what some of these brethren post. But it didn't stop Jesus from saying the truth, so it shouldn't stop you from doing same. It is a spiritual work of mercy to do so, it is alms giving in it's own right...and this is a special period for it.

The spiritual works of mercy are:

To instruct the ignorant;
To counsel the doubtful;
To admonish sinners;
To bear wrongs patiently;
To forgive offences willingly;
To comfort the afflicted;
To pray for the living and the dead.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

A week to Tridum.

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:52pm On Mar 17, 2016
Kamsified:

I forgot the pass code to our Carribean home that's the problem. I'll call a locksmith to come change it. Once done, I'll let u know boss
Miss you loads
no p.... Can't wait to hv u back...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Igbaba2: 11:35pm On Mar 17, 2016
pls., encourage faithfuls on powers lies in holy rosary and divine mercy chaplet.......... I mean individuals testimonies lets shared dem, dereby deeping some pples faith, its important

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 2:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
hello brethren. Good afternoon
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 2:52pm On Mar 18, 2016
hello brethren. Good afternoon
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:36pm On Mar 18, 2016
Kamsified:
Happy birthday mummy Salc. Syncan has said it all

May you grow from strength to strength. As you have encouraged some of us in times of difficulties, may u never lack an encourager when u need one. As you've added a new year to your age, may The Lord increase you in every aspect of life as your heart desires according to his will. Amen
Thanks dearie smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:47am On Mar 19, 2016
Igbaba2:
pls., encourage faithfuls on powers lies in holy rosary and divine mercy chaplet.......... I mean individuals testimonies lets shared dem, dereby deeping some pples faith, its important

You're much welcome. The thread is already over 400 pages, and there have been testimonies of these along the line, now that you are here, you may want to enrich the thread further with yours, to the glory of God.

How SalC missed this post baffles me, I guess it's the hunger of the Lenten fasts.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:48am On Mar 19, 2016
MrAladin:
hello brethren.
Good afternoon

Chai, Oga Landlord. Na your eye be this?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:49am On Mar 19, 2016
From today's Gospel MT 1:16, 18-21, 24A

....Now this is how the birth of Jesus Christ came about. When his mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, but before they lived together, she was found with child through the Holy Spirit. Joseph her husband, since he was a righteous man, yet unwilling to expose her to shame, decided to divorce her quietly....

What a contrast to our very world today, where people are so self centered. People profess love with their lips, but are first to throw the other to the dogs at the slightest disappointment. To what extent have people not gone to ridicule their partners at the slightest betrayal. Imagine Joseph, your normal artisan, a carpenter, getting betrothed to Mary, your normal alter girl or blue army member. She tells him she is a virgin and they agree on a chaste relationship, then he finds out she is unmistakably pregnant. What a betrayal! What a disappointment! In today's world Facebook, twitter and Nairaland will be buzzing. Joseph of course had to do the right thing, he had to divorce her, but in the midst of this, he was still concerned about her, he was going to do it quietly. Joseph was a nice man. Today, it is so disheartening to see the extent couples go, even in marriage, to revenge a wrong. Some have killed the partner, some have aborted a child, some have slandered the other party, some have committed arson, even some have taken revenge by committing the same offence, while some have committed suicide. St. Joseph's example teaches us the contrary. Are you in a marital relationship, whether -pre or post-, it's time to take a look at yourself, if you find yourself in Joseph's shoes, how far will you go in thinking about the welfare of your partner... even in your hurt? This is not yet a case of "forgive and forget" but a case of selflessness and non-vindictiveness. Pray for a heart that truly loves, a heart not selfish, a heart that isn't proud. O Jesus, meek and humble of heart- make my heart like unto thine.

Happy feast of St Joseph.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 8:36am On Mar 19, 2016
Syncan:

Chai, Oga Landlord. Na your eye be this?
na me oo... work no give me chance. we all know wetyn naija dey go tru right in terms of security challenges.

we need una prayers to combat dis menace.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 8:47am On Mar 19, 2016
MrAladin:

na me oo... work no give me chance. we all know wetyn naija dey go tru right in terms of security challenges.

shocked shocked
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:54am On Mar 19, 2016
MrAladin:

Indeed we're aware bro, may our lady of victories keep you safe and obtain for us all the victory we yearn for.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 1:39pm On Mar 19, 2016
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Aizenosa(m): 4:11pm On Mar 19, 2016
MrAladin:
hello brethren.
Good afternoon

Oga landlord has come ooo, oya debtors please pay your rent.
Good afternoon brother
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2016
Aizenosa:

Oga landlord has come ooo, oya debtors please pay your rent. Good afternoon brother
seriously I'm missing this thread
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:17pm On Mar 19, 2016
Palm Sunday loading....
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:43am On Mar 21, 2016
From Today's Gospel JN 12:1-11

"...Then Judas the Iscariot, one of his disciples, and the one who would betray him, said, “Why was this oil not sold for three hundred days’ wages and given to the poor?” He said this not because he cared about the poor but because he was a thief and held the money bag and used to steal the contributions...The large crowd of the Jews found out that he was there and came, not only because of him, but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. And the chief priests plotted to kill Lazarus too, because many of the Jews were turning away and believing in Jesus because of him".

Lazarus was in the grave for four days before he was raised by Jesus, yet we see the Chief Priests making a plot, what was their plot? To kill Lazarus! For goodness sake, he was just coming from there! That's what envy does to humans, it makes one enmeshed in fruitless ventures, it makes one blind to fruitful ventures, it eats up time, eats up flesh, eats up reason and extinguishes happiness. No wonder the church named it as one of the "Capital Sins". In this last week of lent, let's recall the seven capital sins as contained in the CCC p1866. They are: pride, avarice, envy, wrath, lust, gluttony, sloth.

pride- undue self-esteem or self-love, which seeks attention and honor and sets oneself in competition with God
avarice - the inordinate love for riches.
envy- Resentment or sadness at another's good fortune. Not same as jealousy. Jealousy seeks another advantage for oneself while envy tries to destroy another advantage.
wrath-The desire of vengeance.
lust- The inordinate craving for or indulgence in sexual pleasure.
gluttony- Overindulgence in food or drink. "...whose god is their belly" Phil.3:19.
sloth (laziness)- A culpable lack of physical or spiritual effort.

They are capital sins not because of their gravity, but because of their being a foundation and conduit for many other sins. Take a look at the Gospel reading of today and see how many of these you can Identify.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to you.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:28am On Mar 22, 2016
From today's Gospel JN 13:21-33, 36-38

"...Simon Peter said to him, “Master, where are you going?” Jesus answered him, “Where I am going, you cannot follow me now, though you will follow later.” Peter said to him, “Master, why can I not follow you now? I will lay down my life for you.” Jesus answered, “Will you lay down your life for me? Amen, amen, I say to you, the cock will not crow before you deny me three times.”

Peter!...

"A saint is a sinner who keeps trying"---St. Josemaria Escriva.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 10:31am On Mar 27, 2016
Happy Easter brethren...

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by marksooyinmiebi(m): 5:19pm On Mar 27, 2016
Happy Easter people

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 9:14am On Mar 29, 2016
good people
Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 9:28am On Mar 29, 2016
Longest time my people
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 5:45am On Mar 30, 2016
Happy birthday to me cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Nobody: 7:26am On Mar 30, 2016
hurricaneChris:
Happy birthday Dear
more saintly years ahead

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by jnrbayano(m): 7:36am On Mar 30, 2016
hurricaneChris:

Wishing you the best of life bro.

I'm not costly bro. Just 2 bottles of any drink so far it's green. smiley

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 8:54am On Mar 30, 2016
jnrbayano:

Wishing you the best of life bro.

I'm not costly bro. Just 2 bottles of any drink so far it's green. smiley

onye eze. Nwee ndidi

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.