Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517766 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:53pm On Sep 19, 2016
"Show me your hands. Do they have scars from giving? Show me your feet. Are they wounded in service? Show me your heart. Have you left a place for divine love?" ...~Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen.

Good day brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:00pm On Sep 19, 2016
SalC:

Lol, so when people go to spread the goodnews, they forget their home?

Nwanyi oma, i guess they do come back once in a while...to testify the goodness of the Lord.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:17pm On Sep 19, 2016
Sorry brethren... My comment was blocked yesterday and the spam bot blocked me for 24hrs.... So I couldn't repost the meditation yesterday...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2016
Our meditation for today will be an extract from today's first reading...

My son, do not refuse a kindness to anyone who begs it,
if it is in your power to perform it.
Do not say to your neighbour, ‘Go away! Come another time!
I will give it you tomorrow’, if you can do it now.

St Vincent de Paul always tells us that we ought to help when we see the gap to feel and not when the person comes begging.

Just as it's more easier to do a job on your own, than when you are sent to do it. Same way, it's more joyful to help the needy when you identify one than when the person comes begging....

We pray that through the intercession of Vincent de Paul, we may be able to identify an opportunity to help the poor....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:19am On Sep 20, 2016
Today's meditation.... Extract from a talk by St Vincent de Paul

Extend your mercy towards others, so that there can be no one in need whom you meet without helping. For what hope is there for us if God should withdraw His Mercy from us?

In the old testament, it was said that there will always be people who are in need.... So it's our duty to help them...

So also, there will always be people who "have" to give to the needy.

If you fall into the divide of those that "have", do not hesitate to act accordingly.....

May God in His mercies bless us with the resource to help the need...

3 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:53pm On Sep 20, 2016
Rich4god:
Today's meditation.... Extract from a talk by St Vincent de Paul

Extend your mercy towards others, so that there can be no one in need whom you meet without helping. For what hope is there for us if God should withdraw His Mercy from us?

In the old testament, it was said that there will always be people who are in need.... So it's our duty to help them...

So also, there will always be people who "have" to give to the needy.

If you fall into the divide of those that "have", do not hesitate to act accordingly.....

May God in His mercies bless us with the resource to help the need...

Amen Amen. Extract on point.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 6:14am On Sep 21, 2016
Today's meditation....

Words from Pope Francis....

How marvellous it would be if, at the end of the day, each of us could say: today I have performed an act of charity towards another!
Help one another always. One another. In this way, by helping one another, we will do some good.

The message is simple. As Christians, it is one of our top priority to help one another. In the time of Christ, He broke the rules of Sabbath day because of an act of charity. This goes to show that, there should be no excuse for barrier that will stop us from helping one another.

Morning friends...

4 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:33am On Sep 21, 2016
Rich4god:
Today's meditation....

How marvellous it would be if, at the end of the day, each of us could say: today I have performed an act of charity towards another!
Help one another always. One another. In this way, by helping one another, we will do some good.

The message is simple. As Christians, it is one of our top priority to help one another. In the time of Christ, He broke the rules of Sabbath day because of an act of charity. This goes to show that, there should be no excuse for barrier that will stop us from helping one another.

Morning friends...

Great message. O Lord, may we be able to point at the end of each day, an act of charity performed.

Good morning brethren, a splendid day ahead to all.

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:34am On Sep 21, 2016
I see you SalC
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:37am On Sep 21, 2016
May your love be upon us oh Lord as we place all our hope in you.

Good morning brethren and do have a lovely day ahead. smiley

2 Likes

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:40am On Sep 21, 2016
Rich4god:
Today's meditation....

Morning friends...
May we never overlook even the the simplest act of charity that we can perform.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:42am On Sep 21, 2016
Syncan:
I see you SalC

Sharp eyes.......smiley

Good morning bro, may your day be grace filled

It's good seeing you around.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:46am On Sep 21, 2016
SalC:

Sharp eyes.......smiley

Good morning bro, may your day be grace filled

It's good seeing you around.

Amen. It's nice meeting you here too. Though It seems you hardly slept last night tongue

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:51am On Sep 21, 2016
Syncan:

Amen. It's nice meeting you here too. Though It seems you hardly slept last night tongue
Lol i had a lot to do on net and had to crash NL every now and then and then slept around 3am

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2016
SalC:
Lol i had a lot to do on net and had to crash NL every now and then and then slept around 3am

hmm...Hope you're not giving anyone a wrong result today...maka anya ura.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:00am On Sep 21, 2016
Syncan:

hmm...Hope you're not giving anyone a wrong result today...maka anya ura.
Lol no joor

BTW i don't work in the lab anymore so there's no way am giving out wrong result.

And and and......am resting today so no work at all.

You see? I have all the time to make up for the lost sleep. smiley
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:05am On Sep 21, 2016
SalC:

Lol no joor

BTW i don't work in the lab anymore so there's no way am giving out wrong result.

And and and......am resting today so no work at all.

You see? I have all the time to make up for the lost sleep. smiley

Alright. Just watching out for my brothers and sisters, making sure no one gets a false result. It's some kind of Charitable act for today I guess. wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:08am On Sep 21, 2016
Syncan:

Alright. Just watching out for my brothers and sisters, making sure no one gets a false result. It's some kind of Charitable act for today I guess. wink

Lolz now this one got me laughing, you na me you wan use practice today's charitable act cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:12am On Sep 21, 2016
SalC:

Lolz now this one got me laughing, you na me you wan use practice today's charitable act cheesy

Na you talk am na..
SalC:
May we never overlook even the the simplest act of charity that we can perform.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:16am On Sep 21, 2016
Syncan:

Na you talk am na..

You did well and am at the receiving end of it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:22am On Sep 21, 2016
SalC:

You did well and am at the receiving end of it.

Hmm...you at the receiving end...the pleasure of knowing this doubles the gain cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2016
Syncan:

Hmm...you at the receiving end...the pleasure of knowing this doubles the gain cheesy
Yes, everything na double double

Isn't that one of your favourite songs.grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2016
SalC:
Yes, everything na double double

Isn't that one of your favourite songs.grin

hahhahahaha...I can't stop laughing from this nostalgia. Lol SalC!!! Even Italo will smile at this...hope he recalls.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:00am On Sep 21, 2016
Syncan:

hahhahahaha...I can't stop laughing from this nostalgia. Lol SalC!!! Even Italo will smile at this...hope he recalls.
Yeah maybe.

Shedemidemi or whatever with his two Jesus belief.

You were a comedian in those days grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:15am On Sep 21, 2016
SalC:
Yeah maybe.

Shedemidemi or whatever with his two Jesus belief.

You were a comedian in those days grin

Hahahahaha, I just went back to one of those threads Here, you were actually my back up singer, Lol. But na Italo teach me oo grin grin.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by hurricaneChris: 12:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 12:18pm On Sep 21, 2016
hurricaneChris:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Architect, why you de laugh na?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
Syncan:

Hahahahaha, I just went back to one of those threads Here, you were actually my back up singer, Lol. But na Italo teach me oo grin grin.
Lol true
I tell you, there was a time when NL was fun to visit.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:51pm On Sep 21, 2016
hurricaneChris:
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Flashing your 32?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:55pm On Sep 21, 2016
SalC:

Lol true
I tell you, there was a time when NL was fun to visit.

For some it could still be fun...especially in other sections...also for new members. And for some of us, meeting you here when we come still makes it fun. wink

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 3:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
Syncan:

For some it could still be fun...especially in other sections...also for new members. And for some of us, meeting you here when we come still makes it fun. wink

Now this got me ......lol

And i was thinking meeting you rather was the cause of the fun.

I can't remember the last time i made more than a post in a day but here i am.

But seriously i find this section boring these days.
It's all good i can laugh here today, thanks to you grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2016
SalC:

Now this got me ......lol

And i was thinking meeting you rather was the cause of the fun.

I can't remember the last time i made more than a post in a day but here i am.

But seriously i find this section boring these days.
It's all good i can laugh here today, thanks to you grin

You've said it all nne, it's unlike this thread to let us go this number of posts without interjection from the likes of kamsified, FrancisTony,Rich4God, Uncle Ubenedictus, etc. As a matter of fact babestell would have asked us to get a room by now Lol grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.