Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,139 members, 7,811,203 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517254 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:25pm On Oct 27, 2013
Ubenedictus: d harvest thing is just too much, i'm with family in edo state and they forced me to their harvest, since 8am i'm just returning from mass, i even didn't stay for the bazaar, this harvest thing is like a plan of d 'enemies' to murder me with hunger.
Let me stop here and satisfy my stomach.@dam thank for reminding me about d topic of todays homily.

Hahaha, no weapon fashioned against you shall prosper.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 2:41pm On Oct 27, 2013
Hunger is no one's friend. Lol...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:18pm On Oct 27, 2013
Who remembers the lady that opened a thread complaining about the fee charged for weddings.

She made many condemnations and would not accept any explanation or way out we were offering. She just wanted us to accept her labelling the priests as extortionists and exploiters.

Finally we asked her to give us concrete details of the occurrences to enable us lay a complaint to the Bishop.

It's over one week now and mama has disappeared.

She cant even give us the name of the parish.

But sha, maybe her connection expired. smiley wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 1:20am On Oct 28, 2013
italo: Who remembers the lady that opened a thread complaining about the fee charged for weddings.

She made many condemnations and would not accept any explanation or way out we were offering. She just wanted us to accept her labelling the priests as extortionists and exploiters.

Finally we asked her to give us concrete details of the occurrences to enable us lay a complaint to the Bishop.

lolzz grin... dat means u go wait til wen ciroma pass waec b4 she go tell u d name of the parish

or till wen hen grow teeth
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:55am On Oct 28, 2013
italo: Who remembers the lady that opened a thread complaining about the fee charged for weddings.

Some people are like that, of a truth I thought she was serious and I decided to help, but it seems she gave it up or she wasn't being realistic in the first place.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:03am On Oct 28, 2013
Good morning brethren and do have a wonderful week ahead.

@Syncan Are we on mid term break?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2013
Sal C: Good morning brethren and do have a wonderful week ahead.

@Syncan Are we on mid term break?

Good day to you Sal C, hope your healing is steady by the day. Yeah, we kind of had a weekend break grin

In continuation, at some time in the church history, some people started breaking Images found in the church. What is the name of the heresy associated with this and when did it first occur.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 7:53pm On Oct 28, 2013
All Saints' Day All Saints' Day is a celebration of all Christian saints, particularly those who have no special feast days of their own, in many Roman Catholic, Anglican and Protestant churches. In many western churches it is annually held November 1 and in many eastern churches it is celebrated on the first Sunday after Pentecost. It is also known as All Hallows Tide, All-Hallomas, or All Hallows' Day.

All Souls' Day
All Souls’ Day is a day of alms giving and
prayers for the dead. The intent is for the
living to assist those in purgatory. Many
western churches annually observe All
Souls’ Day on November 2 and many
eastern churches celebrate it prior to Lent
and the day before Pentecost.
Please Note All Catholics are to pray at least five decade of the rosary for the faithful departed and attend the holy mass.

MAY THE SOULS OF ALL THE FAITHFUL DEPARTED, THROUGH THE MERCY OF GOD REST IN PEACE AMEN.

ETERNAL REST GRANT UNTO THEM OLORD!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 8:50pm On Oct 28, 2013
We are all sinners. But God heals us with an
abundance of grace, mercy and tenderness.
~Pope Francis
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
Syncan:

Good day to you Sal C, hope you are healing is steady by the day. Yeah, we kind of had a weekend break grin

In continuation, at some time in the church history, some people started breaking Images found in the church. What is the name of the heresy associated with this and when did it first occur.
The heresy is Iconoclasm and it first occurred in the eighth century.

BTW am doing fine thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 1:02am On Oct 29, 2013
Sal C: @Rich4god are u back from church If yes please let me know, I have a question for you.

Happy sunday brethren.
Am not consistent at coming online... Like i told you before, till november before i will be fully back. If its that urgent, why not send me a text.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 1:03am On Oct 29, 2013
Sal C: The heresy is Iconoclasm and it first occurred in the eighth century.

Na only you go dey answer all the questions... tongue
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 1:04am On Oct 29, 2013
Back then... When guys were still humble.

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:42am On Oct 29, 2013
Sal C: The heresy is Iconoclasm and it first occurred in the eighth century.

Once again you are correct! And this is what the church fathers declared while condemning it:

[b]... we declare that we defend free from any innovations all the written and unwritten ecclesiastical traditions that have been entrusted to us. One of these is the production of representational art; this is quite in harmony with the history of the spread of the gospel, as it provides confirmation that the becoming man of the Word of God was real and not just imaginary, and as it brings us a similar benefit. For, things that mutually illustrate one another undoubtedly possess one another's message.
... we decree with full precision and care that, like the figure of the honoured and life-giving cross, the revered and holy images, whether painted or made of mosaic or of other suitable material, are to be exposed in the holy churches of God, on sacred instruments and vestments, on walls and panels, in houses and by public ways; these are the images of our Lord, God and saviour, Jesus Christ, and of our Lady without blemish, the holy God-bearer, and of the revered angels and of any of the saintly holy men. The more frequently they are seen in representational art, the more are those who see them drawn to remember and long for those who serve as models, and to pay these images the tribute of salutation and respectful veneration. Certainly this is not the full adoration in accordance with our faith, which is properly paid only to the divine nature, but it resembles that given to the figure of the honoured and life-giving cross, and also to the holy books of the gospels and to other sacred cult objects.[/b]
Council of Nicea 787

Interesting reading, wisdom from above meticulously and sweetly applied,this is the faith we profess, the faith of our fathers! O lord, may I never leave the secure shelter of your church.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 6:52am On Oct 29, 2013
For today's quiz. "She was a woman of virtue, she resisted the lustful advances of some men, she was framed up by these men, she was saved by a boy who was under the inspiration of God. What is the name of this woman? Where is this story found? and how did the boy prove the men false in their story"?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:10am On Oct 29, 2013
Rich4god:
Am not consistent at coming online... Like i told you before, till november before i will be fully back. If its that urgent, why not send me a text.
Ok but it wasn't so urgent.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:39am On Oct 29, 2013
Rich4god:
Na only you go dey answer all the questions... tongue
Yep! You wanna try? wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:41am On Oct 29, 2013
Rich4god: Back then... When guys were still humble.
Nice pix, try to remain humble, it does pay .
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:51am On Oct 29, 2013
Syncan: For today's quiz. "She was a woman of virtue, she resisted the lustful advances of some men, she was framed up by these men, she was saved by a boy who was under the inspiration of God. What is the name of this woman? Where is this story found? and how did the boy prove the men false in their story"?
Her name is Susanna, the story is found in the bible book of Susanna. The boy proved the two men wrong by questioning the men seperately about where susanna committed the crime as they claimed but they mentioned two different location.

Did I forget to say the boy in question is Daniel?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 8:06am On Oct 29, 2013
Rich4god: Back then... When guys were still humble.
i used to be an altar servant in two parish, first @ my home parish in kano diocese and second @ my school chaplain in Idah diocese.

No one is above mistakes, we often make minor mistakes when serving mass and o yes, d senior mass servants were always watching and would not hesitate to come to the sacristy after mass and give us Hot knocks our humble heads.
Anyway, we all loved serving mass not minding the amount of knocks our oga's gave us after mass.
Here is our motto
GOD CALL US, TO SERVE HIM.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 8:24am On Oct 29, 2013
Sal C: Some people are like that, of a truth I thought she was serious and I decided to help, but it seems she gave it up or she wasn't being realistic in the first place.

I think she was just out to condemn. It's normal to have concerns like that but if you wont listen to reasons given or solutions proffered, you definitely have an ulterior motive. You just need to read the whole thread to see all that was said.

I dont believe she's in choir like she said. Who knows if she was even truthful about the parish being in Orlu. Perhaps she thought to mention a place we couldn't reach.

My sister I'm not judging her to be a liar o...but I have serious doubts about her.

Anyway, morning.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 8:30am On Oct 29, 2013
Sal C: Her name is Susanna, the story is found in the bible book of Susanna. The boy proved the two men wrong by questioning the men seperately about where susanna committed the crime as they claimed but they mentioned two different location.

Did I forget to say the boy in question is Daniel?

A nice try, let's see if someone else could tidy it up.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:42am On Oct 29, 2013
Syncan:

A nice try, let's see if someone else could tidy it up.
Ok Rich4god, Italo, Woky, Babestell and co over to you guys!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 8:59am On Oct 29, 2013
Sal C: Ok Rich4god, Italo, Woky, Babestell and co over to you guys!

Why you dey call my name? Dem tell you say I no see the qweshion before?

I'm still on mid-term break pls.

Shebi na you don resume school.

Lol
Re: A Thread For Catholics by MrAladin: 9:00am On Oct 29, 2013
The Blessed Sacrament.

Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:01am On Oct 29, 2013
But lemme try...

Her name is Saint 'something.'

Correct?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:02am On Oct 29, 2013
Mr. Aladin:
The Blessed Sacrament.

This one is ordinary monstrance o. No Host.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:04am On Oct 29, 2013
italo:

Lol

hahahaha, you gat me rocking with laughter.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:05am On Oct 29, 2013
Mr. Aladin:
The Blessed Sacrament.

Where e dey na?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:06am On Oct 29, 2013
italo: But lemme try...

Correct?

hahahaha, abegooo.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:43am On Oct 29, 2013
italo:

Lol
Still on mid term break? Looolz
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 10:45am On Oct 29, 2013
italo: But lemme try...

Correct?
Saint something na name of person?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.