Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,205 members, 7,811,555 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517306 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sal C: Good morning brethren.
Sal C will be going for surgery by 9am this morning and the doctor said it will take 4months for my complete recovery. Please pray for me. Though am only going to be away for few hours or a day as the case may be due to the anesthesia.

May the health of the sick, ensure that all goes well. Get back quick Sis.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:35pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sal C: The title is Co-Redemptrix and the last vote against it was done in the month of August 1996.

Right. It would have been a three in one. Co-redemtrix, co-adjutrix and mediatrix of all graces.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 10:46pm On Oct 23, 2013
In continuation.The church has identified various forms/types of baptism, name them?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 7:33am On Oct 24, 2013
Thanks a lot brethren for your prayers and encouragements. Indeed it was very successful. To God be the glory.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:00am On Oct 24, 2013
babestell: Sal C dear, it is well. God that gave doctors the knowledge to do surgeries shall direct their hands. Speedy recovery!

Rich4God if I flash u, will u send me credit too. grin
dis babe self! afraid dey catch me oh
lol...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:03am On Oct 24, 2013
Syncan: In continuation.The church has identified various forms/types of baptism, name them?
1 the water baptism
2 baptism by blood
3 baptism by desire.
Or so i think...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Ubenedictus(m): 10:18am On Oct 24, 2013
great thread everyone weldone, @ sis sal c congrats on a successful operation and quick recovery by his wound you are healed, may divine healing manifest in your life.

I heared someone was scared of st teresa ot avila, she is a pillar in carmelite spirituality, read her works her spirituality is interesting,
@italo i saw u changed ur signature to highlight your weakness, i would love it if u could go thru d letters of st paul and write down the phrases where yo see ''in him'' and apply them to your self, your weaknesses are nothing compared to what u are in christ. You posses grace to kill ur weakness.
And thanks everyone esp for the good words i read about me.
Sorry i cant actively participate during d thread.
Peace
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2013
Rich4god:
you got my prayer bro... God will not forsake you at the time of your need. Am sure by now, you are out of the theater... So how did it go...?cheesy
here is my number 08060376231... Just incase you need people to talk to(flashin z allowed) wish you all the best.
Bro again? Hmm, the surgery went well. I'll call you.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
Syncan:

Right. It would have been a three in one. Co-redemtrix, co-adjutrix and mediatrix of all graces.
Ok, I would have mentioned the three if you had used titles instead of title while asking the question
Though that question led me to serious research.

Uben beat me to the next question. The first and second am sure he is right the third seems right but am not too sure.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ubenedictus: 1 the water baptism
2 baptism by blood
3 baptism by desire.
Or so i think...

Correct! 1. Baptism by water - The Individual witness to the faith by submitting to water sprinkling/immersion
2. Baptism by blood - The Individual witness to the faith by shedding his blood (die)for it.
3. Baptism by desire - The individual desires to be baptized and could not obtain baptism before death out of no fault of his/hers
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:43pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sal C: Ok, I would have mentioned the three if you had used titles instead of title while asking the question
Though that question led me to serious research.

Uben beat me to the next question. The first and second am sure he is right the third seems right but am not too sure.

Welcome back Sal C, Indeed to God be the glory. Do not worry, you got your full marks, just a little exposition more on the issue.

Ubenedictus got all the answers, they were all correct and complete too.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
In continuation. In these times of legalization of Abortions, we recall a saint canonized by Pope John Paul II, on issues related to this. Who is this saint and what year was the canonization?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
Sal C: Bro again? Hmm, the surgery went well. I'll call you.
Sorry sis... At least I now know you are a "sis". If I shd mk the mistake again, you can have my neck.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:31pm On Oct 24, 2013
babestell: Sal C dear, it is well. God that gave doctors the knowledge to do surgeries shall direct their hands. Speedy recovery!

Rich4God if I flash u, will u send me credit too. grin
Why not, bit 1st of all, as a Vincentian, I will make investigation to see if you truly deserve the credit.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 1:31am On Oct 25, 2013
Syncan: In continuation. In these times of legalization of Abortions, we recall a saint canonized by Pope John Paul II, on issues related to this. Who is this saint and what year was the canonization?
St Gianna Bretta molla canonized on 16 may 2004 by Pope John Paul II
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:56am On Oct 25, 2013
Syncan:

Welcome back Sal C, Indeed to God be the glory. Do not worry, you got your full marks, just a little exposition more on the issue.

Ubenedictus got all the answers, they were all correct and complete too.
Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 5:57am On Oct 25, 2013
Rich4god:
Sorry sis... At least I now know you are a "sis". If I shd mk the mistake again, you can have my neck.
Lol...you are pardoned.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 7:04am On Oct 25, 2013
Good morning brethrens,
@ sal c. All thanks to God, I'll always remember you in prayer.

Help!!!

Someone wants to know if Mary is omnipresent. I solicit the help of all Catholics on this forum, i don't have a spot-on answer for him so I've decided to invite all of you least i give him a heretic answer. You all invited, please come o

www.nairaland.com/1485580/mary-omnipresent-everywhere-thesame-time
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 8:58am On Oct 25, 2013
Rich4god:
Why not, bit 1st of all, as a Vincentian, I will make investigation to see if you truly deserve the credit.

Lol...

A true and well-groomed Vincentian you are.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:06am On Oct 25, 2013
Ubenedictus:
@italo i saw u changed ur signature to highlight your weakness, i would love it if u could go thru d letters of st paul and write down the phrases where yo see ''in him'' and apply them to your self, your weaknesses are nothing compared to what u are in christ. You posses grace to kill ur weakness.

Thanks. Though the signature was actually a quote from St. Teresa of Avila. I just didnt have enough space to put her name. It sure speaks to everyone.

Just like your advice speaks to everyone too.

Like Teresa, we all can triumph over our weaknesses through Christ.

Amen.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 9:28am On Oct 25, 2013
damerry: Good morning brethrens,
@ sal c. All thanks to God, I'll always remember you in prayer.

Help!!!

Someone wants to know if Mary is omnipresent. I solicit the help of all Catholics on this forum, i don't have a spot-on answer for him so I've decided to invite all of you least i give him a heretic answer. You all invited, please come o

www.nairaland.com/1485580/mary-omnipresent-everywhere-thesame-time

No shaking bros, I already saw Italo there. grin
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 11:24am On Oct 25, 2013
Syncan:

No shaking bros, I already saw Italo there. grin
same bro, i smiled when i visited the thread and saw italo as the last to comment. I love this thread, it serves as a military base for training, Dispatchments and reinforcement! I'm glad you all came, i was lost and could not give him error- free answers. God bless us all!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 12:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
damerry: same bro, i smiled when i visited the thread and saw italo as the last to comment. I love this thread, it serves as a military base for training, Dispatchments and reinforcement! I'm glad you all came, i was lost and could not give him error- free answers. God bless us all!

Lol @ "military base"

You did the honourable thing. It is better to be silent when unsure than speak in error.

I am thinking of doing a piece for Catholics on strategies to defend the faith effectively and confidently. What you did is part of the key points.

I'm still thinking whether to do it here or open a separate thread for it.

I think I should open a separate thread so that it could have a chance of attracting Catholics who dont normally come here.

God bless you.

I hope your Rosary devotion is still on point o.

We must talk to God (from whom comes our strength) more than we talk to our adversaries.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by damerry(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
italo:

Lol @ "military base"

You did the honourable thing. It is better to be silent when unsure than speak in error.

I am thinking of doing a piece for Catholics on strategies to defend the faith effectively and confidently. What you did is part of the key points.

I'm still thinking whether to do it here or open a separate thread for it.

I think I should open a separate thread so that it could have a chance of attracting Catholics who dont normally come here.

God bless you.

I hope your Rosary devotion is still on point o.

We must talk to God (from whom comes our strength) more than we talk to our adversaries.
Thanks bro.
Yes, i think opening a separate thread for that will be Good and as u said, attract other Catholics.
We need to learn more of those strategies More power to your elbows.
O yes October devotion still rowing till the 31st, try and partake @ your parish.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 1:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
^^^

I'm partaking, though my schedule and Lagos traffic wont let make it every evening.

Thanks.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 1:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
Sal C: St Gianna Bretta molla canonized on 16 may 2004 by Pope John Paul II

Nice one Sal C. Saint Gianna Beretta Molla (October 4, 1922 – April 28, 1962) was an Italian pediatrician, wife and mother who is best known for refusing both an abortion and a hysterectomy when she was pregnant with her fourth child, despite knowing that continuing with the pregnancy could result in her death. She was canonized as a saint of the Catholic Church in 2004.

In 1961, Gianna was pregnant once again. During the second month, Gianna developed a fibroma on her uterus. After examination, the doctors gave her three choices: an abortion, a complete hysterectomy, or removal of only the fibroma. The Catholic Church forbids all direct abortion even when the woman's life is in danger, but Catholic teaching would have allowed her to undergo a hysterectomy, which would have resulted in her unborn child's death as an unintended consequence.

"Abortion – that is, the directly intended termination of pregnancy before viability or the directly intended destruction of a viable fetus – is never permitted...Operations, treatments, and medications that have as their direct purpose the cure of a proportionately serious pathological condition of a pregnant woman are permitted when they cannot be safely postponed until the unborn child is viable, even if they will result in the death of the unborn child." – The Ethical and Religious Directives for Catholic Health Care Services (ERD) Directive 45

Gianna opted for the removal of the fibroma, wanting to preserve her child's life.

After the operation, complications continued throughout her pregnancy. Gianna was quite clear about her wishes, expressing to her family, "This time it will be a difficult delivery, and they may have to save one or the other -- I want them to save my baby."

On April 21, 1962, Good Friday of that year, Gianna went to the hospital, where her fourth child, Gianna Emanuela, was successfully delivered via Caesarean section.[1] However, Gianna continued to have severe pain, and died of septic peritonitis 7 days after the birth.

They are saints whose lives are closer to that of Christ...she gave her life that another may live. Help us, O lord! pray for us St. Gianna Beretta.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 4:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
In continuation today, after i was kindly rescued by Humbledbygrace, from the clutches of antispamBot, for posting the above.

The question is: "The church has three arms in communion with one another, name and explain them"?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
Syncan: In continuation today, after i was kindly rescued by Humbledbygrace, from the clutches of antispamBot, for posting the above.

The question is: "The church has three arms in communion with one another, name and explain them"?

Triumphant, Militant and Sufferings. tongue
Hope am right.
I want to know... Who is the first Nigerian...
Cardinal
Priest and
Bishop
Bishop
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 11:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Rich4god:
Triumphant, Militant and Sufferings. tongue
Hope am right.
I want to know... Who is the first Nigerian...
Cardinal
Priest and
Bishop
Bishop

Dominic Ignatius Cardinal Ekandem was the first Nigerian Cardinal and first West African Bishop. He became a Cardinal in 1976.

Father Paul Emechete was the first Nigerian Priest. He was ordained in 1920.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:10am On Oct 26, 2013
Syncan: In continuation today, after i was kindly rescued by Humbledbygrace, from the clutches of antispamBot, for posting the above.

The triumphant church: the saints who has made it to heaven.
The sufering church: the holy souls in purgatory.
The millitant or pilgrim church: we that are still alive thriving to make heaven.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 1:25am On Oct 26, 2013
Sal C:
The triumphant church: the saints who has made it to heaven.
The sufering church: the holy souls in purgatory.
The millitant or pilgrim church: we that are still alive thriving to make heaven.

Isnt it a great family we have?

One that death cannot scatter.

The triumphant pray for the militant/pilgrim; they, in turn, pray for the suffering.

One day, we'll all be together before our God. Amen! Amen!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.