Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,059 members, 7,810,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:19 PM

A Thread For Catholics - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Thread For Catholics (517172 Views)

Mary's Command For Catholics / Message Of God For Catholics And Jehovah Witnesses- Sister Linda Testimony / For Catholics: Who Is Your Favorite Saint? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 8:57am On Oct 18, 2013
italo:

smiley Thanks. Security reasons?

Do you mind expantiating?

By the way, I forgot to send my congratulations to your brother.

Thank you, I will
1) Security....what do you guys want to say face 2 face that you haven't said or cannot say on nairaland
2) I guess its an Atheist, so you just be wasting your time
3) WWJD
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 9:12am On Oct 18, 2013
italo: Morning people. Sal C has come first in this quiz o...lol.

I have a small issue to share with everyone.

1. Some guy on nairaland has invited me to a debate between me and him at a location and time of my choice.

Does anyone have any suggestions...reservations etc?
I have no problem with the debate aspect but I don't feel comfortable with the meeting face to face part of it.

If he is not comfortable with debating you on nairaland, he can as well forget it, or look for any other forum that doesn't involve seeing you in person for security reasons cuz I don't think you know him.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:37am On Oct 18, 2013
Thanks guys for the advice. Your concerns are the same as mine.

I will really think and pray about these points you've raised.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:01am On Oct 18, 2013
@ Italo, except for extremely important cases, the confidentiality this forum gives isn't always advisable to destroy. You both can create a mail communication or create new Fb accounts for the purpose and chat there. I really do not see a need for the F2F debate if truth is what is sought, moreso debating from your comfort zones will avail you both of easy access to material aids. One may not access such sometimes easily anywhere, and the aim is exposition of truth, not who wins bro.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 11:43am On Oct 18, 2013
Syncan: @ Italo, except for extremely important cases, the confidentiality this forum gives isn't always advisable to destroy. You both can create a mail communication or create new Fb accounts for the purpose and chat there. I really do not see a need for the F2F debate if truth is what is sought, moreso debating from your comfort zones will avail you both of easy access to material aids. One may not access such sometimes easily anywhere, and the aim is exposition of truth, not who wins bro.

Thanks. Truth is, though I am usually open to F2F discussions on the faith, with acquaintances and people I might meet by chance, this is a totally different proposition and I have the very reservations you guys have. This is someone who knows what I stand for but I know not who he is, what he's up to or what could possibly come out of it in future (especially considering the sensitivity of our exchanges in this section. )

Thanks guys for helping me come to a strong conviction not to go.

It's either nairaland, a new email, a new fcbk etc...or "bye, God bless you."
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 11:51am On Oct 18, 2013
But wait o...will I never meet any of my brothers and sisters on this thread? Or might I meet them but not know it is them?

Even Babestell, my mama pikin wey dey siddon for the same pew with me b4 dey take style run from me for nairaland. Chai! grin wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:46pm On Oct 18, 2013
italo: Morning people. Sal C has come first in this quiz o...lol.

I have a small issue to share with everyone.

1. Some guy on nairaland has invited me to a debate between me and him at a location and time of my choice.

Does anyone have any suggestions...reservations etc?
Guy... How can you think of accepting such an offer.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 7:48pm On Oct 18, 2013
italo: But wait o...will I never meet any of my brothers and sisters on this thread? Or might I meet them but not know it is them?

Even Babestell, my mama pikin wey dey siddon for the same pew with me b4 dey take style run from me for nairaland. Chai! grin wink

I have been thinking of how I will meet some pole f2f from this forum. May be when am back, I will start the process.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 1:17am On Oct 19, 2013
Rich4god:
Guy... How can you think of accepting such an offer.

Lol...maybe I wasnt as smart as I should have been....but at least I did think
Re: A Thread For Catholics by woky: 5:17am On Oct 19, 2013
italo: But wait o...will I never meet any of my brothers and sisters on this thread? Or might I meet them but not know it is them?

am hopin to meet one soon, mayb by nxt week..

Hop to meet you 1day wink
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2013
woky: am hopin to meet one soon, mayb by nxt week..

Hop to meet you 1day wink

Same here.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2013
Hello brethren.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 11:36pm On Oct 19, 2013
Sal C: Hello brethren.

Hello Sal C and all. I am late in coming today, however in continuation with our practice this month, " the house in which the holy family lived is presently a pilgrimage site and it's located where"?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 12:09pm On Oct 20, 2013
Syncan:

Hello Sal C and all. I am late in coming today, however in continuation with our practice this month, " the house in which the holy family lived is presently a pilgrimage site and it's located where"?
Santa Casa Di Loreto in Italy.

Happy Sunday brethren.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 12:12am On Oct 22, 2013
@ Sal C, dont answer any question here anymore!

Lol...
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 2:52am On Oct 22, 2013
Sal C: Santa Casa Di Loreto in Italy.

Happy Sunday brethren.

Once again you are right. The Holy House of Loreto. Isn't it wonderful that a house originally in palestine where Joseph and Mary lived, is now in Italy? Some said it was brought by a family, brick by brick, but the fact is that there would have been a recent date paste to hold the bricks together if so, yet none. Moreso it has been on two different sites in Italy, it is more believable that it was carried intact, by angels ( one reason for making Our Lady of Loreto, patroness of air travellers). Wonderful is our God, isn't He?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:02am On Oct 22, 2013
Hello brethren. Still in continuation, What is the title; the faithful have always given to Our Lady, which was recently consdered to be made a dogma but was suspended, and when did this occur.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Syncan(m): 3:06am On Oct 22, 2013
italo: @ Sal C, dont answer any question here anymore!

Lol...

Lol, well, we are seeing no other attempt, even to support her answer; before I affirm or deny its correctness.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:40am On Oct 22, 2013
italo: @ Sal C, dont answer any question here anymore!

Lol...
One billion rikes Lol!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 8:45am On Oct 22, 2013
Syncan:

Once again you are right. The Holy House of Loreto. Isn't it wonderful that a house originally in palestine where Joseph and Mary lived, is now in Italy? Some said it was brought by a family, brick by brick, but the fact is that there would have been a recent date paste to hold the bricks together if so, yet none. Moreso it has been on two different sites in Italy, it is more believable that it was carried intact, by angels ( one reason for making Our Lady of Loreto, patroness of air travellers). Wonderful is our God, isn't He?
Yes HE is.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:38am On Oct 22, 2013
If Sal C doesn't answer then who will
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2013
babestell: If Sal C doesn't answer then who will

Ah-ah...wetin do you?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
Syncan: Hello brethren. Still in continuation, What is the title; the faithful have always given to Our Lady, which was recently consdered to be made a dogma but was suspended, and when did this occur.
The title is Co-Redemptrix and the last vote against it was done in the month of August 1996.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
babestell: If Sal C doesn't answer then who will
You can do it.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2013
italo:

Ah-ah...wetin do you?
Even you oo. What are you waiting for?
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2013
Keep it up guys... God will bless you all... @italo, this is for you. https://www./201882979874699/
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 9:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
Better ask questions like what are the theological virtues, catechism class type jor. cheesy

On another note, a thread asked us to write our favourite bible verse, mine is

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1 vs 9. Whenever I read this verse, I feel empowered to go about my day's activities. I can do what I want to do, go where I want to go, take over the world if I so desire. My Father has commanded me to!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rich4god: Keep it up guys... God will bless you all... @italo, this is for you. https://www./201882979874699/
God bless you too brother.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by SalC: 4:56am On Oct 23, 2013
Good morning brethren.
Sal C will be going for surgery by 9am this morning and the doctor said it will take 4months for my complete recovery. Please pray for me. Though am only going to be away for few hours or a day as the case may be due to the anesthesia.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by italo: 6:06am On Oct 23, 2013
Sal C: Good morning brethren.
Sal C will be going for surgery by 9am this morning and the doctor said it will take 4months for my complete recovery. Please pray for me. Though am only going to be away for few hours or a day as the case may be due to the anesthesia.

I've prayed for you and will continue to pray.

Dominus tecum!
Re: A Thread For Catholics by Rich4god(m): 11:15am On Oct 23, 2013
Sal C: Good morning brethren.
you got my prayer bro... God will not forsake you at the time of your need. Am sure by now, you are out of the theater... So how did it go...?cheesy
here is my number 08060376231... Just incase you need people to talk to(flashin z allowed) wish you all the best.
Re: A Thread For Catholics by babestell(f): 6:56pm On Oct 23, 2013
Sal C dear, it is well. God that gave doctors the knowledge to do surgeries shall direct their hands. Speedy recovery!

Rich4God if I flash u, will u send me credit too. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (505) (Reply)

'How T.B. Joshua Took My Wife' – Pastor Peter Kayode Tells It All / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) / Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.