Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

DStv Raises Charges Again. - TV/Movies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DStv Raises Charges Again. (62160 Views)

Usher Charges Iphone In Woman's Private Part!!!! / The Figurine Raises The Bar For Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by lekkie073(m): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
How to watch dstv premium channels with 200 naira Etisalat recharge card

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by confusion247(m): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
It's actually true. Tinubu is starting his own cable using the TVC platform. I also heard he's going to buy the premiership rights.
That means you have to wait longer to watch premiership because Multi-choice has the exclusive right from now till 2016(2013/2014, 2014/2015,2015/2016).
Tinubu can only show premier league if only he is broadcasting under DVB platform(like CTL, METRODIGITAL, etc) which is not direct to home like DSTV, If he is to broadcast under direct to home like mytv, infinitytv, he must wait till 2016 for him to buy premiership exclusive rights.

2 Likes

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by ethicalUser(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2013
tundemogba12: Is this CTL available in Lagos? If yes kindly educate us on where to get their package
If CTL breaks into lagos nobody will subscribe for dstv again.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by confusion247(m): 10:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nna, idikwa sure? With N2100 per month?
Yes he is saying the truth.......if you are in PH, you have CTL...with about 55 channels at #3,150.00 per month. CATV formerly CMTV with almost the same number of channels at the same price. Metrodigital.....has 87 channels at the rate of #4,000.00. All of them shows all football matches.
ABA, MCL gives you 34 channels, PBS gives you 42 Channels at the rate of #2,100.00 and they show all football matches. PBS shows even Brazilian and Argetine leagues. Metrodigital shows 65 channels in ABA with just #2,500.00 per month.
All the cities in south east are using DVB stations as i mentioned above. I sure there are many of them in lagos, Like CTL.
Search for them and forget about dstv.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by onome25(m): 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
lekkie073: How to watch dstv premium channels with 200 naira Etisalat recharge card
IF DONGLE IS BLOCK U WILL SURELY FIND ME!
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by onome25(m): 10:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
Fadelex:
so you're telling me to cough out N11,650 monthly? bros go back to bed...
I.M NOT SAYING U SHOULD SHELL OUT MONEY LIKE THAT BT I.M JUST SAYING THAT THESE GUYS NEEDS MONEY TO MAINTANE THE SERVER.
SO IT.S EIGHTER UR CHOICE TO REMAIN WITH DSTV OR JOIN ME TO BE PART OF MY SUBSCIBER & LEGAL CUSTOMER tnx.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by paul234(m): 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2013
Who is still paying for DSTV when you can watch ALL DSTV PREMIUM CHANNELS FOR FREE,you only pay a
one time fee for d device and setup.dis is nt a scam,is wot i will setup for u den u pay me.if interested send me PM
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by lekkie073(m): 10:43pm On Oct 05, 2013
onome25:
IF DONGLE IS BLOCK U WILL SURELY FIND ME!
Find u? U lost? undecided
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by chillbabe(f): 10:45pm On Oct 05, 2013
Well I pay 12.800 a month
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Alexcollins(m): 10:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
heykims: is there any alternative to dstv dt shows european football matches?
try CTL
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by blaid: 10:49pm On Oct 05, 2013
Pls naija we need serious competition that will put DSTV in its place, the time is now. this guys are seriously milking us and feeding SA economy.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Cimbi(m): 10:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
heykims: is there any alternative to dstv dt shows european football matches?
CTL offers Aljazeera sport from 1-10, i watch virtually d whole league except Bundesliga
by d way; its 3,150 monthly
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Revolva(m): 11:02pm On Oct 05, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin omo i no be mugu....i will never pay fr that shit i stay with startimes///
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2013
Cimbi:
CTL offers Aljazeera sport from 1-10, i watch virtually d whole league except Bundesliga
by d way; its 3,150 monthly
Is it available in Lagos?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Cimbi(m): 11:04pm On Oct 05, 2013
just finished watching barcelona match now...winning with class even without Messi; i hate dat Team
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Cimbi(m): 11:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
Tayerulz: Is it available in Lagos?
I wouldn't knw cos i resides in Enugu
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Cimbi(m): 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
Tayerulz: Is it available in Lagos?
i wouldn't knw cos I reside in Enugu
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by IYANGBALI: 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
Riba_man: @ all
Where is the citizenry advocacy that we all like to laud?
I expect those with alternatives to DSTV to drop contact numbers, websites and email addresses of those alternatives.
DSTV cannot and should not hold us hostage in our own country?
I intend giving up my DSTV subscription, the service is crappy and here they are extorting more money out of us
I gave up mine about 5 yrs ago fokn dstv free. Nothing sweet like free dstv toto.....join us and let's teach dem lesson
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by xtripple: 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
fabulousfortune: Guy show us d way Abeg!
. Tell me your location and your e-mail address....
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by IYANGBALI: 11:16pm On Oct 05, 2013
Godson201333: But why is it that anytime the weather goes bad then DSTV goes bad
its because they live inside the sky
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by IYANGBALI: 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
chillbabe: Well I pay 12.800 a month
you abi your sugar daddy?na your sugar daddy dey pay jo
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by opeyemi2012(m): 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
Burger01:

Bruv, abeg how do I get this abg in Lagos and Ibadan asap? Any contact?

Thanks.

Don't know if they are in Ibadan or Lagos. I live in Abuja.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
xtripple: . Tell me your location and your e-mail address....
Warri. Fabulousfortune@yahoo.com
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Stylaay(m): 11:21pm On Oct 05, 2013
Mstcheeew premium bouquet wey omo boiz carry N200 per month dey watch. Dem go rundown for naija. Think say dem fit dey office us abi?

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by IYANGBALI: 11:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
McLuhan: Sincerely, I have never been overly enamoured with DSTV. Granted, I love foreign news channels, especially BBC, Sky News, and CNN. I also fancy National Geographic Wild. But I am exasperated by what I see as the exploitation of Nigerian viewers by DSTV's parent company, Multichoice. When I started working, I used to pay a monthly subscription fee of N9,000 for the premium bouquet. I did this every month for some time until I realised that I was cheating myself, since I had neither the time nor the interest to watch the pot-pourri of channels they offered - channels that ranged from the admittedly useful to the plain absurd. I then opted for less expensive bouquets until finally I left them entirely for free-to-air satellite TV providers.

My advice is if one is not using DSTV for commercial purposes and one is not a English-football freak, there is really no reason to dole out such cash every month for pay-TV viewership, except you consider it a status symbol. Get a Strong decoder instead and connect to the Joy TV franchise from Ghana or Dokpesi's DAARSAT. Alternatively, get a dongle and access various content providers free. Just my advice, though.
thank you jare
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 11:29pm On Oct 05, 2013
arbitrage:

That is common to any satellite communications technology. Bad or raining weather often affect the signals you get from a satellite dish be it TV or data signals.
Rainfall or cloudy sky dont affect "Amos 2 3" satellite dish!!
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by xtripple: 11:30pm On Oct 05, 2013
fabulousfortune: Warri. Fabulousfortune@yahoo.com
. I will mail you later..
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by aadetoyin(f): 11:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
Its a pity that as rich as Nigeria is we cannot own a cable company like DSTV. The only reason DSTV is succeeding is because they do not have any competitors.
They increase subscription charges at will, remove our stations as they desire and still repeats shows.
If it is true that Tinubu wants to start a cable company, he should do it on time because we will gladly switch.
I was still telling hubby not to do DSTV cheat but right now I will encourage him to do it cos if they want to continue exploiting us then while should we care bout them.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by rapthugx(m): 11:34pm On Oct 05, 2013
Wetin concern me, I don watch free to air finish? Mtcheeeeew!
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by xtripple: 11:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
blaid: Pls naija we need serious competition that will put DSTV in its place, the time is now. this guys are seriously milking us and feeding SA economy.
DSTV has been already taken care of or else you dnt knw , tell me your location and e-mail , let me free you....
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by mecussey(m): 11:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
[quote author=opeyemi2012]

for Ibadan...call this guy ....08022924925.

For Umuahia call this guy 08034027167 .
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Lafatty: 11:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
Heyyýy dstv my foot,if not for fg nd ASUU madness na wu get tym for their stupid service sef,mtcheeew

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / Bukola Samuel-wemimo Leaves TVC For Channels TV / "I Would Go Nude For N45million" - Big Brother Naija 2018 Prospective Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.