Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,824 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

DStv Raises Charges Again. - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DStv Raises Charges Again. (62161 Views)

Usher Charges Iphone In Woman's Private Part!!!! / The Figurine Raises The Bar For Nollywood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by zuma4k(m): 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
"MCL"-the World in your Home!!!
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
Who is still paying for DSTV crap when you can watch ALL LIVE MATCHES and news channels in HD FOX TV dongle? you just pay a one time fee of 30k for hardware, and you enjoy the HD services for 1 year. There is a thread for it here https://www.nairaland.com/946651/dongle-device-unscramble-all-locked
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Umunede(m): 7:20pm On Oct 05, 2013
PetroDolla: N15,000 in Ghana. They use naira in Ghana now? so what if it is N15,000 in Ghana? crap
188 ghana cedis(GHc188). approximately N15000.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Burger01(m): 7:22pm On Oct 05, 2013
opeyemi2012:

ABG......They offer over 40 channels including all Premiership and UEFA matches via SkySport. Movie and news Channels included. You also get PlayBOY TV wink All u have to pay is N3,000 monthly

Bruv, abeg how do I get this abg in Lagos and Ibadan asap? Any contact?

Thanks.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by LEXYCOM: 7:23pm On Oct 05, 2013
fashrola: I don't get it....is Multichoice not also in charge of gotv?
U must be a learner, so u no sabi say na dstv get gotv....now u know
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by trappatoni(m): 7:24pm On Oct 05, 2013
people still dey subscribe for DSTV when avatar and the dog pound don take over.i dey watch man u match with one dog.make dstv go hug transformer or use noodles hang themselves.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by sCun: 7:26pm On Oct 05, 2013
I watch DSTV premium for N400 a month, thanks to dondle aka microbox
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by oluxy(m): 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2013
Am obviously surprised at Nigeria agencies, many companies are extortioners in country.. Nigeria paid highest of DSTV subscription in the world.

Communication wise; our tariff is high (MTN) and so many things..

Let them keep increasing the tariff; our human right law is inactive.. Most of our big man has their shares sha..
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by sCun: 7:28pm On Oct 05, 2013
heykims: is there any alternative to dstv dt shows european football matches?
Metrodigital 3500 a month

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by arbitrage: 7:31pm On Oct 05, 2013
IPTV is another solution if we can get good internet connection services.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Godson201333(m): 7:35pm On Oct 05, 2013
But why is it that anytime the weather goes bad then DSTV goes bad
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Yusluv77(m): 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2013
Who cares?? Jez passing jeree
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Woleleye(m): 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
Dstv may do anything as far as they know that people are crazy about European soccer league and UEFA cup. Presently, they are enjoying the monopoly of showing these competition. Until there are good rivals, they will continue to play on us. Startimes has started but live matches of these respected competition is very minimal. Let them improve and you will see what will happen to DStv. Remember the days of mtn monopoly of mobile communication system in Nigeria when sim was sold for as much as #20,000. the sim is now given out at #100 or even gift.

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by arbitrage: 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
McLuhan: Sincerely, I have never been overly enamoured with DSTV. Granted, I love foreign news channels, especially BBC, Sky News, and CNN. I also fancy National Geographic Wild. But I am exasperated by what I see as the exploitation of Nigerian viewers by DSTV's parent company, Multichoice. When I started working, I used to pay a monthly subscription fee of N9,000 for the premium bouquet. I did this every month for some time until I realised that I was cheating myself, since I had neither the time nor the interest to watch the pot-pourri of channels they offered - channels that ranged from the admittedly useful to the plain absurd. I then opted for less expensive bouquets until finally I left them entirely for free-to-air satellite TV providers.

My advice is if one is not using DSTV for commercial purposes and one is not a English-football freak, there is really no reason to dole out such cash every month for pay-TV viewership, except you consider it a status symbol. Get a Strong decoder instead and connect to the Joy TV franchise from Ghana or Dokpesi's DAARSAT. Alternatively, get a dongle and access various content providers free. Just my advice, though.

Is Dokpesi's DAARSAT still working? I bought it 2010 and that was the period they stopped working saying government was against them. I never watched 1 minute of their package since I bought it. I later used the decoder for free to air channels until I packed it up for others.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Breegz14(m): 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
first mtn is cheating us now dis idiots imagine that i can't pay for only single view on my pvr no more
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by sCun: 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
gbokukueba: When a Nigerian had the opportunity to send DSTV back to Mzanzi what did he do... he started storming viewing centres with policemen to harras business owners, then he went on a buying spree with the latest range of cars... today DSTV is back on the driver's seat and there is no competition forget all those funny cable stations they will fizzle away in no time...
The likes of CTL and METROdigital in PH and South East have been giving dstv a god run for their money for years

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by arbitrage: 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
Godson201333: But why is it that anytime the weather goes bad then DSTV goes bad

That is common to any satellite communications technology. Bad or raining weather often affect the signals you get from a satellite dish be it TV or data signals.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by steffans(m): 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2013
life_style:

That's someone's monthly salary undecided

Dats some1s tithe.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2013
life_style: People sabi waste money no be small undecided

Honestly...
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by sCun: 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2013
kabba7: Let's run DSTV out of town a guy in Kano has for close to 2 years beenn succesfuly configuring this AVATA or A~Z sky thing to break the DSTV codes. Or U̶̲̥̅̊ go for free on air I can't continue to slave for multichoice.
I've done mine since December 2012 & am Φkγ̲̣̣̥ after studying the cause of the initial hang ups.
what causes the hangups? Mine does it occasionally
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by sCun: 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2013
gbokukueba:

From what i heard his creditiors wanted to help him reorganise his company when the going was good but he rebuffed all effort to and wanted to continue his 'one-man show' and when the time came to get bank guarantee for the premiership right his creditors backed out and he ;ost the right and they swooped in on him and that was the end of his company and because he built his company on football alone... who does that?
you think there is any other thing that makes dstv what it is outside football?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by dozai: 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nna, idikwa sure? With N2100 per month?
My Bro na TRUE. EPL. Liga BBVA. Serie A. French Championat just name it. All champ league matches same time. Wetin self. Dual view na 4200. Different channel for room & palour.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by stchinedu: 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2013
Abel na which one b dongle again?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by skotch(m): 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
sarutobie: Why bother about DSTV when MCL gives me ALL the live football games,CNN,foxtv,E!,Mtvbase and tracetv,nateowild,aljazeera and 30 more worthwhile channels..make dem try front jor!
Bro abeg which one is MCL?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by sCun: 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2013
stchinedu: Abel na which one b dongle again?
You dey sleep on bike, people dey watch DSTV with N400 MTN recharge card for 1 month. Use google or you search on Nairaland here, some people dey advertise am. I have been using it for 3 years. If you are in PH, I can link you up.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2013
armadeo: I received this message from DSTV this morning, I honestly don't understand why the costs should go up.

Dear Subscriber, pls note increase in your DStv (Premium) subscription from 01.11.13. Your new subscription will be N11,650 per month. Thanks for your support.
What does one want from TV viewing that is not found in Startimes Decoder. Plug+Play, subscription from n1,000.00 to max of n4,000.00, no freezing even in the heaviest of rainfall. Will get cheaper still as analogue to digital deadline approaches!! Ditch dstv!

I mean what exactly am I paying for repeated programs, rainy day no shows. This people should take their time.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
armadeo: I received this message from DSTV this morning, I honestly don't understand why the costs should go up.

Dear Subscriber, pls note increase in your DStv (Premium) subscription from 01.11.13. Your new subscription will be N11,650 per month. Thanks for your support.
What does one want from TV viewing that is not found in Startimes Decoder. Plug+Play, subscription from n1,000.00 to max of n4,000.00, no freezing even in the heaviest of rainfall. Will get cheaper still as analogue to digital deadline approaches!! Ditch dstv!

I mean what exactly am I paying for repeated programs, rainy day no shows. This people should take their time.

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2013
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by DILLISH: 8:00pm On Oct 05, 2013
d last time i subscribed ws 16mnths ago....tnks to my nebo who tot me hw to use 400 naira MTN credit to watch ol channels...

nansense! oloyibruku!

1 Like

Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by dheaven: 8:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
PEOPLE USING DONGLE TO BYE PASS DSTV ARE CHEATS. WHY NIGERIANS?
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by mbulela: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
heykims: is there any alternative to dstv dt shows european football matches?
depends on where you live.
If in PH or Aba, you should have no business with DSTV for football purposes.
Re: DStv Raises Charges Again. by mbulela: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2013
DILLISH: d last time i subscribed ws 16mnths ago....tnks to my nebo who tot me hw to use 400 naira MTN credit to watch ol channels...

nansense! oloyibruku!

I guess it is like downloading movies/songs on torrent. so each man and him own sin.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

BBNaija: Tacha Tells Her Fans To Vote For Her Yellow Chair In The House / Bukola Samuel-wemimo Leaves TVC For Channels TV / "I Would Go Nude For N45million" - Big Brother Naija 2018 Prospective Housemate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.