Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos (28532 Views)

Tinubu Arrives Ooni Coronation In Newly Purchased Police Helicopter / Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Nigeria's Most Powerful Politician - Onyebuchi Ememanka / Bola Tinubu Arrives Kaduna State In Style For Event (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Olaolufred(m): 10:37pm On Oct 05, 2013
WELLCOME THE HIGH CHIEF ATOUKE OF OTUOKE LAND.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by abrat: 10:38pm On Oct 05, 2013
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 05, 2013
Please, what is Jagaban
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by overboard(m): 10:59pm On Oct 05, 2013
Kamanda: Welcome back home Sir.

-------------------------------------------------

Associated Airlines should try to buy that kind of Baba Tinubu Jet.
-----------------------------------------------i

Firsto Du Commentario

Choi at the bolded! You sha need talk am codedly...LOL
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Nobody: 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2013
AmBeautiful: Please, what is Jagaban
jagaban of the borgu kingdom is a title given to him (asiwaju) in niger state.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2013
Gbawe:

They have no appreciation of that "mutual respect" concept and this is why they make the fundamental error of disrespecting and insulting the entire Yoruba ethnic group every time Tinubu is mentioned. Yorubas are "Mumus" and all manner of unsavoury names simply because they won't reject Tinubu and march upon his house to 'ALUU' him as as these haters wish. This is man, despite his flaws, clearly loved by his people for many valid reasons yet some can never respect that. What is more patently repulsive than that?

Even if you dislike a man, can you not accept that you cannot, even with insult and ungracious goading, force those affiliated with him to hate him as you do? Why do such a vile and fundamentally disrespectful thing that will only make others detest you?

I keep saying that Nigerians do not have to like each other but it is imperative they tolerate and respect each other. Without that, everything breaks down. When you are not best placed to appreciate what some Yorubas value about Tinubu, why start insulting the ethnic group if they do not wish to reject the man simply because you, an outsider and non-stakeholder, say they must do so? Why not just live and let live so that we can all move forward via tolerating and respecting each other's domain and stakeholder remit?
#fact.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by hotmas911(m): 11:19pm On Oct 05, 2013
Afam4eva:
Pls, let's tell ourselves the truth. is the way he's standing on the plane, the way a leader should be standing? Can't he bend a little bit to show some respect and humility to those at the airport?If we must move Nigeria forward, we must tell ourselves the truth.
i dey gbadun ur sarcasms
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Idnatural: 12:11am On Oct 06, 2013
topeorekoy: Jagaban, Ahmed Bola Ahmed Tinubu just landed in Lagos some minutes ago after so many months away on medical trip.

ACN/APC dignitries were on hand to welcome him as his private jet landed in Lagos.

Ati tu e sile ni oruko oluwa...Go nd sin no More..Jesus luv u.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by soloyes(m): 12:22am On Oct 06, 2013
All the haters calling him a thief have U ever asked yourself the question of why OBJ couldn't nail him despite been his mot bitter foe? We all know that the EFCC vigorously investigated every Governor that was against OBJ so if he couldn't be nailed then either of these two things is involved:
(I) He is clean of your accusations or
(II) He is smarter thief than even OBJ your grand patron.
Either ways U just have to Pull your cap for me. Give respect to whom respect is due.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Atouke: 12:45am On Oct 06, 2013
the chief thief is back lets rejoice.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by mkoabiola: 12:56am On Oct 06, 2013
Of wat importance is he to the lingering crisis in d econonmy.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by kabba7(m): 3:21am On Oct 06, 2013
Am very convince those Asiwaju haters who wish him dead will all die b4 him ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ will actually be in the advance parrty to go prepare the suite where Tinubu will rest .
Meanwhile the APC leader would have beinng the one to make money available to prepare akara {bean cake during their grand father, their father,ĄЙd̶̲̥̅̊ themselves funeral Tinubu igba odun odun kansoso niyen .
AABT. RIDE ON GO ON SO HUN
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Demdem(m): 3:28am On Oct 06, 2013
Jonathan Nemesis is back,
Excellent development.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Nobody: 3:29am On Oct 06, 2013
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by t2luv: 6:28am On Oct 06, 2013
Pedagogue: Tinubu: That politician that LACKS the moral fibre of a Buhari, the intellectual sagacity of Awolowo and the nationalistic orientation of Nnamdi Azikwe...

Tinubu is that modern day Nigerian politician that emblematises all what is called 'the new high tech level of corruption',a do or die political mentality and an unswerving apostle of godfather ism. He,like other politicians of this era,believe that politics is one of the prehensile ways for acquiring wealth.
They have also gotten to the audacious point of 'acquiring' power for and on behalf of their families.Their kiths and kins are in the Senate,House of Reps and other key political positions

But Tinubu is a SPECIAL breed.He is far ahead of his contemporaries in everything. I mean EVErYTHING,corruption inclusive!!!
Not only did he have the sagacious edge over his Governor colleagues in then AD who sheepishly sold their political empires to OBJ,he also had the political foresight to (almost) single handedly re-launch a dead party. That party today is 95 % in control of the South West.

Still not satisfied,he has teamed up with other politicians (albeit they are more or less strange bed fellows) to give PDP a good 'fight' in 2015. And believe me, the battle for the soul of Nigeria has started. For PDP,the honest truth is- they would have preferred a sick picture of Bola Tinubu lying down in one health facility in the UK than one waving at supporters at the Lagos Airport.

Don't get me wrong, Bola Tinubu is not a god.But if the individual strength of politicians is to be tested in the Country today, Tinubu's name would come tops.
I do not like what Tinubu represents neither do I like his style of politics. But the truth is, the current political tide in the country cannot throw up politicians in the mould of Awolowo, Bello or Zik. Thus, for Nigeria to break free from the shackles of PDP, Nigeria needs the Tinubu's of this world.

Nevertheless, Tinubu is not a saint. But in today's Nigeria, his brand of politics and party is the most realistic alternative to PDP. Love him or hate him,Tinubu can still be used to serve God's purpose for Nigeria...Remember Saul?

To the Jagaban of Borgu, I join u,your family and well wishers in thanking God for Showing u MERCY. Afterall,He said He will have Mercy on whom He will have mercy.

*So glad he's back.

I always say that country deserves the leaders that they have. This is a man that has never done anything while he was governor, and yet you have people showering him with adolation. Replacing one bad apple with another bad apple does the country no good. The people need to demand better from the elected leaders. This is a man that can't give account the source of his wealth, and are in aura of his personality. O ma se oo
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by t2luv: 6:30am On Oct 06, 2013
soloyes: All the haters calling him a thief have U ever asked yourself the question of why OBJ couldn't nail him despite been his mot bitter foe? We all know that the EFCC vigorously investigated every Governor that was against OBJ so if he couldn't be nailed then either of these two things is involved:
(I) He is clean of your accusations or
(II) He is smarter thief than even OBJ your grand patron.
Either ways U just have to Pull your cap for me. Give respect to whom respect is due.

Respect is earn not given.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by jonuel1(m): 6:47am On Oct 06, 2013
omusiliyu: ASUU, NASU, SSANU, ASUP, RESIDENT DOCTORS are all on strikes, Nigeria Tertiary institutions and Medical Centres were paralyzed due to GEJ negligent to education and health sectors.... Hope Tinubu will attend to all these?

did d problem start with Gej?
Well, i love d word 'hope' that u used and as human, be prepared to have ur hope dashed
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 06, 2013
Livinus.c:
And u call dis braking news?
And you call this grammar?
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Nobody: 7:00am On Oct 06, 2013
oluface: YES O BROOOOOO.....I NO BE POLITICIAN BUT GUY I LIKE THIS MAN PERSONALITIES .... EVEN IF HE DEY CHOP OUR MONEY... HE STILL DEY DO THINGS FOR HIS PEOPLE... HE NO BE LIKE MAN WEY CARRY ALL HIN STATE MONEY GO BUILD OIL BLOCKS FOR ANOTHER MAN LAND.... NA K1 FIT DO THE WELCOME BACK SHOW... WHO FIT AFTER K1... NA K1
Bro, bottom line should be he shouldn't even be touching a penny of ur money.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by elohorayodele: 7:23am On Oct 06, 2013
Ibrahim olaitan: u re a nonentity u no that u don't no anything about politic nd u should keep shot ur mouth

Wit dis statement I Cud mistake u 4 a very impt peson oh bt alas ur 'gbagauns' betrayed u!
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by elohorayodele: 7:36am On Oct 06, 2013
oluface: Can u prove what u wrote in the court of law?

Court of law ke! Rememba a court of law discharged and acquitted ibori in dis same country! Tank God for his health. I pity u all vouching 4 him nt bin corrupt, gd example of 140 mumus
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by CEOAyoStones(m): 8:20am On Oct 06, 2013
omusiliyu: ASUU, NASU, SSANU, ASUP, RESIDENT DOCTORS are all on strikes, Nigeria Tertiary institutions and Medical Centres were paralyzed due to GEJ negligent to education and health sectors.... Hope Tinubu will attend to all these?
tinubu na president or which kind mumu tin u dey talk for mouth...no go enter fasting and prayer if u want changes...iranu
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by softwareman(m): 8:34am On Oct 06, 2013
t2luv:

I always say that country deserves the leaders that they have. This is a man that has never done anything while he was governor, and yet you have people showering him with adolation. Replacing one bad apple with another bad apple does the country no good. The people need to demand better from the elected leaders. This is a man that can't give account the source of his wealth, and are in aura of his personality. O ma se oo
You are getting of mixed up. The people who admire tinubu do not do so because they think he perfect. Nobody is and definitely no nigerian politician is.what we all do is look at someone's redeeming qualities and make a choice accordingly. For me, I prefer tinubu for the following reasons.
One, he is the leading opposition politician in Nigeria without him, today, nigerIa would have been a virtual one party state with PDP ruling every region of the country.
Second, since he left his job as treasurer of Mobil to become a senator under SDP , he has been consistently consistent in his political leanings.
Third, he was the only governor that stood up to Obasanjo on the issue of local government, and did not buckle under even after Obasanjo illegally ceased allocation for three years.
He is the architect of modern Lagos. He increased IGR from 650 million in 1997 to more than 14 billion and conceptualized most of the worthy programs his successor FASHOLA is now actualosing.
When obj and his PDP goons came to capture the south west in 2003 and brought ruins and backwardness, the jagaban was the generalissimo headed the army that drove away the bandits and swept the south west clean of the PDP vermin.
But most of all, he gave us FASHOLA. everybody turned against him then.but he said then. This is the best man for the job. Now it is very obvious. But then we all turned against him.
Is TINUBU perfect? Absolutely not. Most objective people judge a man by comparing his positives with his nuisance value and I think that is why aside from buhari, no other politician has the kind of cult like followership TINUBU has in this country today.

1 Like

Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by chinny09: 9:27am On Oct 06, 2013
[quote author=Pedagogue]Tinubu: That politician that LACKS the moral fibre of a Buhari, the intellectual sagacity of Awolowo and the nationalistic orientation of Nnamdi Azikwe...

Tinubu is that modern day Nigerian politician that emblematises all what is called 'the new high tech level of corruption',a do or die political mentality and an unswerving apostle of godfather ism. He,like other politicians of this era,believe that politics is one of the prehensile ways for acquiring wealth.
They have also gotten to the audacious point of 'acquiring' power for and on behalf of their families.Their kiths and kins are in the Senate,House of Reps and other key political positions

But Tinubu is a SPECIAL breed.He is far ahead of his contemporaries in everything. I mean EVErYTHING,corruption inclusive!!!
Not only did he have the sagacious edge over his Governor colleagues in then AD who sheepishly sold their political empires to OBJ,he also had the political foresight to (almost) single handedly re-launch a dead party. That party today is 95 % in control of the South West.

Still not satisfied,he has teamed up with other politicians (albeit they are more or less strange bed fellows) to give PDP a good 'fight' in 2015. And believe me, the battle for the soul of Nigeria has started. For PDP,the honest truth is- they would have preferred a sick picture of Bola Tinubu lying down in one health facility in the UK than one waving at supporters at the Lagos Airport.

Don't get me wrong, Bola Tinubu is not a god.But if the individual strength of politicians is to be tested in the Country today, Tinubu's name would come tops.
I do not like what Tinubu represents neither do I like his style of politics. But the truth is, the current political tide in the country cannot throw up politicians in the mould of Awolowo, Bello or Zik. Thus, for Nigeria to break free from the shackles of PDP, Nigeria needs the Tinubu's of this world.

Nevertheless, Tinubu is not a saint. But in today's Nigeria, his brand of politics and party is the most realistic alternative to PDP. Love him or hate him,Tinubu can still be used to serve God's purpose for Nigeria...Remember Saul?

To the Jagaban of Borgu, I join u,your family and well wishers in thanking God for Showing u MERCY. Afterall,He said He will have Mercy on whom He will have mercy.

*So glad he's back.
[/quote
]really sad reading ur post.let's forget abt being a nightmare to PDP,this is d most corrupt man in Nigeria to day.did he have clean records in mobil? How did he make his money? Has he not been benefitting from inflated contracts? Is he not siphoning Lagos state money that his greed is causing disagreements between himself and Fashola? How many impoverished Nigerians has he helped? How many industries has he built to move this nation forward rather he milks dis nation dry living above his means.his dictatorial tendencies !imagine appointing his daughter against the wishes of his people.a lot of his followers only follow cos of what they can benefit.how come he can afford a private jet?pls people ponder on this ,he just needs to be there to keep deceiving people and milking us.as far as I'm concerned he is a common criminal.all abuses to me Back to sender!
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Gbawe: 9:30am On Oct 06, 2013
software man:
You are getting of mixed up. The people who admire tinubu do not do so because they think he perfect. Nobody is and definitely no nigerian politician is.what we all do is look at someone's redeeming qualities and make a choice accordingly. For me, I prefer tinubu for the following reasons.
One, he is the leading opposition politician in Nigeria without him, today, nigerIa would have been a virtual one party state with PDP ruling every region of the country.
Second, since he left his job as treasurer of Mobil to become a senator under SDP , he has been consistently consistent in his political leanings.
Third, he was the only governor that stood up to Obasanjo on the issue of local government, and did not buckle under even after Obasanjo illegally ceased allocation for three years.
He is the architect of modern Lagos. He increased IGR from 650 million in 1997 to more than 14 billion and conceptualized most of the worthy programs his successor FASHOLA is now actualosing.
When obj and his PDP goons came to capture the south west in 2003 and brought ruins and backwardness, the jagaban was the generalissimo headed the army that drove away the bandits and swept the south west clean of the PDP vermin.
But most of all, he gave us FASHOLA. everybody turned against him then.but he said then. This is the best man for the job. Now it is very obvious. But then we all turned against him.
Is TINUBU perfect? Absolutely not. Most objective people judge a man by comparing his positives with his nuisance value and I think that is why aside from buhari, no other politician has the kind of cult like followership TINUBU has in this country today.

Everything you have said is correct plus one other important thing. Tinubu has changed the system of governance in the SW for good. Under OBJ, the SW used to be a place where the likes of Adedibu were elevated to cower Professors and technocrats. Alao-Akala was a policeman dishonourably discharged from the NPF yet OBJ still ensured he became Governor !!! Thugs, illiterate and those who had no clue at all held sway everywhere.

The good guys were firmly relegated to the background. Today, Tinubu has brought them to the front to lead as is fitting. Any student or even casual observer of developmental politics will know that most Nations, including the African nations now marching forward, make and sustain progress when there is a system that ensures square pegs occupy square holes continuously. Tinubu has enshrined this.

The SW today, and because of Tinubu, is now a place where you cannot get a militant show up and say he wants to become a Governor. You will not see a glorified fuel subsidy scammer allowed to diversify his stolen wealth into a Governorship campaign or a character accused of being connected to political murders released from jail and then jumping straight into political relevance/activism. Nigeria is effed up and so also Nigerians. This is why so many, aside not minding their own business, do not see what Tinubu is to know he is far above others and a man his people, those of them who see and note what matters anyway within the reality of Nigeria, will support pragmatically.

1 Like

Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by misbaudeen444: 9:50am On Oct 06, 2013
Welcum back Baba wa,we all say shall b wit u.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by whitecat007: 10:21am On Oct 06, 2013
It's braking news alright cos his return has put a brake on ibos wishing him dead
buoye1: ...They called it BREAKING not BRAKING!!!!!!Haba,d news na CarShit commot abeg........D Jagaban welcome sir
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by DTaj: 11:27am On Oct 06, 2013
@Pedagogue, hats off to you (bro or sis)! One of the most insightful and brutally honest posts I've read in a while.

Love him or hate him in equal measure, Tinubu has earned his stripes!

Pedagogue: Tinubu: That politician that LACKS the moral fibre of a Buhari, the intellectual sagacity of Awolowo and the nationalistic orientation of Nnamdi Azikwe...

For PDP,the honest truth is- they would have preferred a sick picture of Bola Tinubu lying down in one health facility in the UK than one waving at supporters at the Lagos Airport.

But the truth is, the current political tide in the country cannot throw up politicians in the mould of Awolowo, Bello or Zik. Thus, for Nigeria to break free from the shackles of PDP, Nigeria needs the Tinubu's of this world.

*So glad he's back.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by 9jauk: 12:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
I refused to prsise him, they inherited virtually all Lagos State Government properties;

A politician without focus all he does is ti loot, and create ghost company like Alpha to generate revenue and milk all d western states; Nigeria deserve better pls, with someone like tinubu, we ve got no future, haven't said that Is all Vanity upon Vanity"

Ile ase lati ba, ile ase la ma fi si"

I'm off to Hull for football.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by SterlingTowers(m): 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
At least he should bend down small as a leader that he is. is this how he wants APC to rule Nigeria? Pls, let's tell ourselves the truth. I'm even surprised at the color of lace he wore. That's the height of disrespect to the ordinary Nigerian.

Nitpicking and pettiness has calcified your thought pattern my dear afam. Why are you getting ahead of yourself TInubu is not there in the capacity of the president of Nigeria and certainly not the national leader of APC but as TInubu, a man just recuperating from surgery. This is an all time low making allusion to the colour of his lace. Would you have preferred him putting on white and green, how low can that be. Please don't let me quit on you afam, I believe you are still redeemable.
Re: Bola Ahmed Tinubu Arrives In Lagos by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 06, 2013
When you look at the vast potential for progress in Africa, going by her thousands of billionaires. it makes you wonder why the world's most populous black nation is also the world's most potent ars.e lickers bar none.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Airforce Junction In Port Harcourt Flooded (Photos) / Nigeria Well-equipped To Handle Cases Of Coronavirus, Says Lai Mohammed / Fact Check: Did Evelyn Joshua Promise Peter Obi 8 Million Votes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.