Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,281 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone (13187 Views)

Fayose To Governors: Cut Your Minimum Wives Not Wages / Buhari Hands Shocker To Governors, Says They Won't Nominate Ministers / Leave Jonathan Alone And Focus On The Task Ahead, Alkali Tells APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by confusion247(m): 1:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
Siraleeyu: I don't want to engage in e- arguement with U......simply because some few misguided muslims are acting wrongly those not mean that all the northern muslims are bad, and for u to generalize all the northern muslims goes to justify that u'r a Bigot! Let me give u a simple assignment, U may probably never been to the north before, but ask ur southern christian brothers from the south residing in the North how they are enjoying their stay without any threat to their lives and that of their family.......
For your information just last two weeks governor Peter Obi buried six members of a family killed in northern Nigeria by your Jihadist.
I am ashamed that you will come out here and hypocritically tell us how accommodating northern muslims are. There is no family in Igbo land that have not lost one of their own in the unnecessary killings in northern Nigeria which have lasted for over 40 years. Yorubas are not left out too.
https://www.nairaland.com/1455641/peter-obi-tears-buries-4/2
https://www.nairaland.com/1409692/hausa-yoruba-traders-clash-over
https://www.nairaland.com/926040/prof-ayodele-prof-andrew-leo/10
let me stop with this three but i can give you more if you need it. I have my records so i don't need to ask anybody about your hospitality.
This is what you call good gesture from northern muslims, shame on you.
I want you to know that i will never visit any northern states because only those that wants to die before their time makes such trip.

3 Likes

Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Omexonomy: 1:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
Tolexander: very obvious this poster has made thrash his daily routine!

Who controls the army?
you are in south supporting BH UP NORTH. May thrash continue to be the ur food forever.

1 Like

Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Everfrank(m): 1:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
And when people say CAN is politicized you people will make noise. Let them fight the boko haram themselves or have they gotten rid of the arms they are alleged to have amassed. The fact still remains that our president is a liar and undemocratic. He either allows a level playing field or face the war in PDP-which he will loose. Let gullible christians learn to differentiate between Christianity and pastors/CAN/CAN president. If people blame Christianity for all the attrocities committed by pastors, as christians do to Islam, then Christianity will be viewed in another light. Be wise.

3 Likes

Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by JoSaintiago: 2:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
demelza: LOL @ Oritshemumu!
Well they have to justify the private jet given to them. So far they have been doing well.
because u ar a preacher u ar ban frm ownership
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by ThankGodEdeh(m): 2:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
The northern governors fighting GEJ can go hug transformer. As for me and my family, we have experienced FRESH AIR. That alone have qualified GEJ to go on till 2019. As for MUMU OP and his cohorts, No Vacancy in Aso Rock. Gej is still the Landlord. Thank you CAN for saying the truth. #TEAM FRESH AIR#

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Wsdm: 2:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
Billyonaire:

Anytime you want to introduce a thread to this forum, make sure you post the original message from the source and leave it there, but you can comment thereafter, DO NOT MAKE YOUR OPINION ALONGSIDE THE POST, thats plagiarism and I will report you for a ban next time you do that. This is just a warning.

Regarding the statement by CAN. In whose interest is Boko Haram killing innocents people ? And in whose interest are the Northern Governors fighting Jonathan ?

These are destructive people, who want to make Nigeria to fail, they want to distract Jonathan using bombs of Boko Haram, and they ARE also traveling across the country destabilizing the polity. My question is, whose interest ? The truth is, these Northerners, by using Boko Haram and other surrogates to cause problems for Nigeria is working against Nigerians, and Nigerians need to look at the larger problems that could decimate this country further.

Jonathan can afford to fail, but he is working tirelessly to succeed, but in the event that he fails and he is forced out of Aso Rock, I can assure all of you that you individually will feel the pains of that failure in your very households. So it is necessary for all, to warn people of Northern Protectorate that Election was over, the winner of that election should be allowed to concentrate.
But Jonathan too has abandons all aspect of governance for PDP affairs and 2015.
Another thing that keep baffling me about how some of you thinks is when you refer to all Northerners as anti GEJ or Muslims. Susswam, Jonah Jang, Wada, Shema, Yuguda, are all Northern governors openly supporting GEJ. How do you want them to feel when you merge them together and insult. True democracy in Nigeria is in the North and South west. Have you ever heard that these Northern governors are insulting themselves because of divergent political opinion?
CAN under Aritsejafor has been reduced to mere political appendage of the Jonathan's administration. Why have they not for once accused GEJ of doing anything wrong if truly they are interested in political activities as it affects CHRISTIANS?

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Aedesmuskeeto: 2:04pm On Oct 06, 2013
This thread funny die..
Why the bashing na?
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Hamazz1: 2:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
Jst hear Mr Asake they believe the sect was fighting a religious war because of there earlier assertion may be the 50kids killed at Gujba were all Christians n perhaps schl of agric was missionary.I dnt knw whn our religious leaders will stp playing politics with religion.
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by seanet02: 2:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
CastleandGreen:
If you were properly trained by your father you wont be calling the CAN president names, but it goes to show that either you or your dad is the mumu!
Thunder fire you for that moronic statement.
orithsemumu is just an ediot like you
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Wsdm: 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
CastleandGreen:
If you were properly trained by your father you wont be calling the CAN president names, but it goes to show that either you or your dad is the mumu!
They never insulted Onayikon, Kuka of Sokoto why? The insults are directed to Aritsejafor who has made serious messssss of himself by vomiting ABSOLUTE NONSENSE and not CAN as a body.
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by seanet02: 2:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
confusion247:
There is no difference between you and boko haram. I have come to the conclusion that you can't remove violence from muslims.
mumu
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by seanet02: 2:19pm On Oct 06, 2013
Lateef9961: gbe enu e soun jor.
The man x a man of God and ur stil abusing.
X dat wat awa holy buk tod u.
4 ur info. Am a muslima
who is man of God?
orithsemumu who is globetrotting with his private jet bought with looted funds or Cardinal Oyekan who distinguished himself from your agbero religious activities?

1 Like

Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by kuspa1(m): 2:20pm On Oct 06, 2013
I can't believe some nigerians can be this ignorant. How can u bliv it to be true when boko haram claim to be fighting for Islam nd to even islamize nigeria? What is the percentage of christians killed by boko haram nd dat of muslims? Is it even humanly possible for just northern nigeria to b islamise nt to talk of the whole nigeria? For instance, just take ur time nd look at d number of christians killed in d recent school killing nd dat of muslims. I bet you that 80% r muslims. How then can they be killing d people they claim to be fighting for? There r many questions begging for answers. Just try nd do some research on ur own nd u shall discover some of the hidden truths.
Talking abt wat d state governors r doing, I will say am nt impress personally bt it will be wrong to castigate them entirely. There is limitation to wat they can do on security because all d security apparatus r directly under d presidency. Abuja gets to hear any security details before them nd Abuja gives all the command...wat else do u expect?
Again, Gej must wake up to d task before him. Nothing seems to be happening on d fight against corruption, oil theft has gone higher, unemployment is raising, education is in comatose etc.
For the record, northerners contributed 45% to 55% of Gej victory in 2011 election [or selection, I don't care]. It is wrong to accuse those same people who put him in power to hate him for no reason[s]. If you don't, north west alone has 18 million electorate, north east 10million, north central has abt 10 to 12million. Meanwhile, Buhari got only 12million. Whr dos d remaining votes went to?
Yes am a northerner bt I won't give a damn if a credible person from the south becomes d president come 2015. Someone who can take the bull by the horn nd not one clueless person that would always resort to blame games for his failure.
May God bless us with
good leadership in this country

5 Likes

Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Nuzo1(m): 2:21pm On Oct 06, 2013
tintingz: This CAN are bigots they are backing GEJ in every angle, during the time of president Yar'aduah and niger delta militants crisis we didn't heard anything from CAN...and now they are spitting rubbish after private jet was given to the bling bling man oritsejafor he doesn't know his position again.

I laugh so hard when supposedly knowledgeable Nigerians youths still don't understand what CAN stands for. grin

First off, for personal reasons..I'm not a fan of Oritjesafor as a pastor or a preacher, but I think he has done very well as a CAN president.

Now, CAN is not a church neither is it her work to preach, observe or emulate the live of Christ. No!

CAN is a PREASURE group created by group of Christians to speak, protect, preserve the lives and interests of all Christians in Nigeria. It wasn't created for the interest of Christ, atheist or Buddhist...its not even created for the interest of Christians outside Nigeria. CAN could be placed. In the same category with Afenifere, Ansa-Rudeen, INC, ACF, Ohaneze, OPC etc

With this, why can't we understand and respect the position of CAN when it gets infuriated if some religious mofos goes to churches and schools to slaughter little Christian kids?

You can hardly separate pressure groups from politics. With politics, pressure groups are able to influence the welfare of her members.

Give CAN a break already! She's doing her job.

2 Likes

Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by seanet02: 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
bhidex007: This Seanet diseases of a thing lack courtsey sha.if U're frustrated,then hug transformer. Oh i see,U're of d religion of terror,it really reflects in ur manners.
Watchout, the American navy seal are coming to bundle ur sultan.smh
Oloshi Igbo. You think am a deluded slowpoke like you. Next time you talk trash, i will order Sanponnna to cut off your head
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 06, 2013
The sacred altar has been taken over by Criminals.

@op.
Word of Wisdom: Don't insert ur personal views before a story u did not originate. It makes u look biased and insincere.
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by mamiel: 2:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
Mr OP, I was angry with CAN when I saw your headline, only to read and see that their spokesperson was speaking facts. Are his arguements false, ain't the governors suppose to be working along with the feds? Can an outsider successfully help put out the fire in your bedroom without support from you? Even if not financial, logistics support. Is it not true that we hear the governors argue more about 2015 than they assist to fight the insurgency? So what are your arguements, why not table it on the forum let's support or argue with you together. Why the insults. And by the way, the person in the interview is not Oritsejafor yet you insult him. There are so many people I don't like in govt. but I don't resolve to insults. One advantage of civilization is the ability it gives to argue issues objectively without bringing in sentiments, and a man's education is worth nothing if he cannot control his language in public. Government is so comfortable because they take the masses as ignorant. Why? Because it doesn't see them make reasonable and objective arguements and confrontation but rather settle for cheap insults. There is freedom of speech in this country but not to the extent of insulting individuals. Let's make this forum mature.
By the way, the students and folks being blown up are members of their churches(if not all, some), so it is CAN's duty to speak.
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by WildChild00(m): 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
This Christain Association of Nigeria as a body, I for one, seems not to understand them at all, during the days of Arc. bishop Okojie, he was always vocal to government policies that are not favourable to the people, he speaks the truth, but today, money man, politics have taken over the affairs of CAN, they nolonger speak for the people.
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Shalommy(f): 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
fingard02k: i think CAN is one of GEJ's numerous committees
U're a FOOL. U better think before posting ur RUBBISH... EBOT
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Leoneo(m): 2:29pm On Oct 06, 2013
seanet02: Somebody need to teach oritshemumu
just n0ticed nairaland is ownd by muslim, if i were the 1 that called sheikh gumi bunsuru 'll definately be banned.!!!

God is watching cool
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by cnsprince(m): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
A man whose house is on fire does not go about pursuing rat. That is actually what the Northern governors have been doing.
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Siraleeyu(m): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
confusion247:
For your information just last two weeks governor Peter Obi buried six members of a family killed in northern Nigeria by your Jihadist.
I am ashamed that you will come out here and hypocritically tell us how accommodating northern muslims are. There is no family in Igbo land that have not lost one of their own in the unnecessary killings in northern Nigeria which have lasted for over 40 years. Yorubas are not left out too.
let me stop with this three but i can give you more if you need it. I have my records so i don't need to ask anybody about your hospitality.
I want you to know that i will never visit any northern states because only those that wants to die before their time makes such trip.
continue believing what you here not what you see........come and see igbos, yorubas, niger deltans and host (Hausa/fulanis) living peacefully here in SOKOTO.......don't know if u thought BORNO and YOBE are the only northern states
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Siraleeyu(m): 2:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
confusion247:
continue believing what you here not what you see........come and see igbos, yorubas, niger deltans and host (Hausa/fulanis) living peacefully here in SOKOTO.......don't know if u thought BORNO and YOBE are the only northern states
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by kuspa1(m): 2:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
ariseandshine: The sacred altar has been taken over by Criminals.

@op.
Word of Wisdom: Don't insert ur personal views before a story u did not originate. It makes u look biased and insincere.
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by solomon111(m): 2:34pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nuzo':

I laugh so hard when supposedly knowledgeable Nigerians youths still don't understand what CAN stands for. grin

First off, for personal reasons..I'm not a fan of Oritjesafor as a pastor or a preacher, but I think he has done very well as a CAN president.

Now, CAN is not a church neither is it her work to preach, observe or emulate the live of Christ. No!

CAN is a PREASURE group created by group of Christians to speak, protect, preserve the lives and interests of all Christians in Nigeria. It wasn't created for the interest of Christ, atheist or Buddhist...its not even created for the interest of Christians outside Nigeria. CAN could be placed. In the same category with Afenifere, Ansa-Rudeen, INC, ACF, Ohaneze, OPC etc

With this, why can't we understand and respect the position of CAN when it gets infuriated if some religious mofos goes to churches and schools to slaughter little Christian kids?

You can hardly separate pressure groups from politics. With politics, pressure groups are able to influence the welfare of her members.

Give CAN a break already! She's doing her job.
Thank you very much.
The morønic dingbats on this thread don't know that CAN is a political group created to protect the interest of christians in Nigeria.
CAN has never called itself a church.
As for the morønic governor,they are only being penny wise,pound foolish.
Instead of trying to bring peace and devt to their states,they are fighting GEJ.
GEJ will finish in 2019 and go back home to rest,while those northern states will never remain the same again for decades.
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by solomon111(m): 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
Siraleeyu: continue believing what you here not what you see........come and see igbos, yorubas, niger deltans and host (Hausa/fulanis) living peacefully here in SOKOTO.......don't know if u thought BORNO and YOBE are the only northern states
will you shut up and stop trying to take us for fools.
Who is living in peace with who?
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Siraleeyu(m): 2:37pm On Oct 06, 2013
Wsdm:
But Jonathan too has abandons all aspect of governance for PDP affairs and 2015.
Another thing that keep baffling me about how some of you thinks is when you refer to all Northerners as anti GEJ or Muslims. Susswam, Jonah Jang, Wada, Shema, Yuguda, are all Northern governors openly supporting GEJ. How do you want them to feel when you merge them together and insult. True democracy in Nigeria is in the North and South west. Have you ever heard that these Northern governors are insulting themselves because of divergent political opinion?
CAN under Aritsejafor has been reduced to mere political appendage of the Jonathan's administration. Why have they not for once accused GEJ of doing anything wrong if truly they are interested in political activities as it affects CHRISTIANS?
thank you my brother......I wonder how they think
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by solomon111(m): 2:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
Siraleeyu: thank you my brother......I wonder how they think
CAN is a political group,mr man.
They've a right to choose their allegiance as long as its favours their interests.
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Bizibi(m): 2:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Some comments here makes one wonder if they actually need brains to think or help them reason well
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Wsdm: 2:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
bhidex007: This Seanet diseases of a thing lack courtsey sha.if U're frustrated,then hug transformer. Oh i see,U're of d religion of terror,it really reflects in ur manners.
Watchout, the American navy seal are coming to bundle ur sultan.smh
Is America your Lord and savior?
I have always told you people that Americans have no religious interest what so ever but PARAMOUNT PERMANENT ECONOMIC INTEREST. Check out their present Romance with IRAN of all nations. Saudi Arabia too is one of their closest ally. In fact they prefer to dine with the Northern Nigerians as they have not experienced Yahoo things from that region. Have you ever asked your selves why the British left the leadership of Nigeria to the Northerners when they were going?
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Siraleeyu(m): 2:49pm On Oct 06, 2013
solomon111: CAN is a political group,mr man.
They've a right to choose their allegiance as long as its favours their interests.
who are you fooling Did we look confused just like you??
Re: CAN To Governors - Face Boko-Haram And Leave Jonathan Alone by Siraleeyu(m): 2:50pm On Oct 06, 2013
solomon111: will you shut up and stop trying to take us for fools.
Who is living in peace with who?
you are a disgrace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INTERVIEW: Buhari On Al Jazeera.... #OPINIONS / Oshiomhole Is One Of The Best Performing Governors – Emir Sanusi / There Are No Political Killings In Rivers, Only Cult Clashes – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.