Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

The Last Star. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Star. (31582 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
Your last post is confusing,please go through it. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 28, 2013
sandyylove: Your last post is confusing,please go through it. Thanks
Thanks Sandyy.I have added two words i think can make it all lucid.Do go through it again and see if it makes sense now.Thanks!
Re: The Last Star. by makemoneynow(m): 10:09pm On Oct 28, 2013
2 short

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 28, 2013
make money now: 2 short
Lol, no vex oga.2mao's would be longer and tighter. cheesy
Re: The Last Star. by Balley(f): 11:41pm On Oct 28, 2013
Interestin....Still 4lowin

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by DEllaluv(f): 4:59am On Oct 29, 2013
Nyc job nkpume

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:15am On Oct 29, 2013
Thanks y'all.While you wait for a new update,do check this out.Very short and cool,you would like it:https://www.nairaland.com/1494571/blighted#19125891
Re: The Last Star. by kgurl23(f): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
Nice Job bt ur update is taking forever and its really killing d zeal to continue...
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
k.gurl23:
Nice Job bt ur update is taking forever and its really killing d zeal to continue...
I understand your plight but bear with me.8pm is always the time. Tewnk You Ma for understanding. wink
Re: The Last Star. by Archisola(m): 7:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
hmmm!, season story. Wz surprise wen jenifer came bac 2 d scene bt soon realizd it wz a dream

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2013
Okay, here we go...
Always remember the comments smiley wink cheesy grin kiss
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2013
Archi sola: hmmm!, season story. Wz surprise wen jenifer came bac 2 d scene bt soon realizd it wz a dream
Season 3 ke? LOL.
Thank God you realized it all. grin grin grin grin
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 29, 2013

Ugonna woke up with a wide smile on his face. The events of the previous day were replaying in his head like the action scene from a Christopher Nolan movie. He thought of the evidence he possessed and it made him feel like a super hero on a quest to save the world. Finally, Razz B and Sleek who were a terror to most students would be apprehended, and perhaps a third guy, whom he saw in one of those shots, smiling from the door post when a guy was helping the stabbed girl out.

Long day ahead, he concluded.

His first port of call will be one of his friend’s shop, slightly far away in town, where he would print the pictures. He didn’t trust any of shops close to his house or in school. He didn’t want to start explaining when a total stranger quizzes him on what he had just printed, but with Osas, he was sure to have his way around things.

He climbed down from his bed, arranged his bed spread, did his early morning routine with an unusual vigour and vitality and in split seconds he was outside. He called out to an okada rider and the bike man pulled to his right.
“Na where?”
“Oluku, how much?”
“100 naira”
He climbed and the bike zoomed off.

…the slap landed on Michael’s cheeks and it dawned on him he was dealing with a different James. A beastly one, way down the scale of good and bad. He resolved to try a different approach, a different approach for a different James. Appealing to his James’ emotions seemed the only way out.

“James why? ...why James? So this is who you really are?”
James let a laugh escape. “If that was a question, Yes.” He grunted.
“James please, free me from this bondage. I beg of you”
“Seriously?” he was truly surprised. “So that you would do what?...run to the police abi? Something dey wori you for head”
“James, na me o. Miko your guy o” His plea was punctuated with a rising emotion. “You’ve done more harm already, holding me captive won’t solve any of them. Let me go and I won’t tell anyone...please!” He was truly begging but it sounded funny to everyone in the room save for him. They were all laughing.

James buried his laughter and began, “You know what Mike? I initially thought you a ‘jew’, but now I know say you be serious mumu. So you seriously think I am going to let you out of here?” he shook his head in bewilderment, bent with his hands on his knee and looked Michael in the eyeball.
“You should have kept quite when you had the chance, but the moment you came into my room to rant, you touched the tail of the viper.”

Michael knew James was tacitly telling him what he was known as in his circles ‘The Viper’. He dreaded to think of its venom on him. Keep talking, he told himself,
“So what are you going to do with me?” he was very concerned.
James looked at him intently and said coldly,” He who goes to the land of the spirits, must be ready to dance the dance of the spirits.. get ready my friend, it’s time for SURUGEDE, the spiritual dance.”

They all laughed again and it infuriated Michael. TWAAH, he spat at James. He had goofed. James looked at him with rage, slowly wiped off the spit, summed up his anger in a single blow and delivered it to the face of Michael. He blanked out.

At that moment, James’ phone rang. He pressed the receiver with anger.
“Hello,” he barked. “Yes, am James…who are you?...okay, so what do you want?...pictures?" He shouted,surprised. "....Okay okay thank you, thank you. So where he dey? …alright alright. How much are we talking about?....deal!....so where is he now?.....Oluku. Thank you.” He dropped the call.

“What’s that?”, Sleek asked.
“We have been cornered. Get the car keys…fast!”
“Where we dey go?”
“Oluku.”, he roared.

3 Likes

Re: The Last Star. by Anugod(f): 9:13pm On Oct 29, 2013
Wow! Beautiful piece. Now you're making me breathless with frenzied excitement. Please keep it up! *Grabs a bag of popcorn and chilled soft drink. Seat belt fastened* Following like No Man's Business..

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 29, 2013
Anugod: Wow! Beautiful piece. Now you're making me breathless with frenzied excitement. Please keep it up! *Grabs a bag of popcorn and chilled soft drink. Seat belt fastened* Following like No Man's Business..
Full bag of popcorn Lmao. Abeg easy dear, e neva reach like dat now. grin
Re: The Last Star. by Balley(f): 10:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
Xo xo enjoyin dis, Nkpume plz continue nauuuu.....

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by iamteaser: 10:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
Kasala don burst! If James gets Ugonna at Okuku, it might be a dead end for michael. Poor boy.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 11:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ooooooh...y re u doin lyk dis nah#sad!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
felipemadero: Ooooooh...y re u doin lyk dis nah#sad!
Lol. Na wetin i do ni? tongue
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 12:04am On Oct 30, 2013
Balley: Xo xo enjoyin dis, Nkpume plz continue nauuuu.....
Okay dear, but its definately tomorrow. smiley
Re: The Last Star. by tmamuda(m): 2:15am On Oct 30, 2013
Frequent update, its jst interestin

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by misslaw(f): 10:38am On Oct 30, 2013
yawa don gas...waitnnn......

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 11:20am On Oct 30, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Lol. Na wetin i do ni? tongue
I go carry BH boys com ur house,com collect d whole story o wink
Re: The Last Star. by Dchiefpriest(m): 12:41pm On Oct 30, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]nkpume give us d whole story now or......
Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 1:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
Dchiefpriest: [color=#990000][/color]nkpume give us d whole story now or......
com we no dey shrine here o
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Oct 30, 2013
felipemadero: I go carry BH boys com ur house,com collect d whole story o wink
you die well. Na ombatse dey guard my house o. You and ur boko boys no reach grin
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 30, 2013
Dchiefpriest: [color=#990000][/color]nkpume give us d whole story now or......
oga,abeg neva strike me.
*Typing* cheesy
Re: The Last Star. by christejames(m): 2:48pm On Oct 30, 2013
Nkpume - "stone" keep throwing harder stones on us biko grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Dchiefpriest(m): 9:17pm On Oct 30, 2013
grin ;Dnkpume! nkpume!!nkpume!!! Do u want to complete d story willinly or willinlily

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 30, 2013
APOLOGIES PEOPLE, THERE CAN'T BE AN UPDATE TODAY. THERE IS NO POWER AND MY LAPTOP IS DOWN BUT TOMORROW WOULD SEE ONE,SURELY. DO BEAR WITH ME.
THANKS!!!
Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 2:01am On Oct 31, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
you die well. Na ombatse dey guard my house o. You and ur boko boys no reach grin
lols,u dey fear

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by princesa(f): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
And we come here to see excuses everyday...

Move your butt sir and type! tongue

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.