Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,581 members, 7,820,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

The Last Star. - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Star. (31604 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 2:50pm On Oct 31, 2013
christe james: Nkpume - "stone" keep throwing harder stones on us biko grin
Be careful of what you wish for girl. I can bring on a catalogue of disaster if i so wish, not just stones. I just thought i should let you on it, maka adi amama grin

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
princesa: And we come here to see excuses everyday...

Move your butt sir and type! tongue
Princesa dear, my butt is glued to a couch and typing is at it's peak. An update today is a sure thing, the apologies be damned. wink

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Dchiefpriest(m): 5:00pm On Oct 31, 2013
***appears on the tread,see no update...very much dissapionted***nkpumeeeeee were ar uuu appear nowwwww and complete dis storry....if not i willl.....***disappearsfrm d tread***
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 31, 2013
Leggo... wink cheesy grin kiss
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 31, 2013

James the viper and his cohort, Razz B and Sleek bolted out of his apartment with the speed of ten men put together. They hurried to James’ Honda Eod, parked outside his apartment and settled inside. Razz B was to drive, James was in no mood for that. He occupied the front seat close to Razz, while Sleek settled for a space at the back. The game had just begun!!!

The early morning sun was out already, casting golden rays, adorning the Benin landscape. The brightness of the morning did nothing to brighten the sullen mood inside the speeding Honda. James had filled them in on the sad development and they all knew their life hung by a thread. They knew it depended on them retrieving all that could indict them.

As the car sped towards Oluku, James allowed his mind wander a bit. He wasn’t too sure of the information he had got earlier. In fact, he had stifled the urge to confirm it’s verisimilitude, before he ventured out. He knew if it were true, wasting precious time asking redundant questions could dent his chances of getting the pictures before the police did.

He had done the ideal thing; make the move, worry later.

As he gazed, far ahead to the cars farther from them, his anxiety began to mount up to neck region. It was almost choking him.

It had been a long time since he last indulged in an action of that calibre. He knew there was a spell of doom hovering around the Benin climate, like a hawk, stalking a chick. And without an iota of doubt, the chick was the slowpoke that had them captured.

James was not the known terror, Razz B and Sleek were. He had been underground, letting Razz B and Sleek carry out the overt jobs. They were his mask, with which he instilled terror into the hearts of students; penetrating every vein, artery and nerve with his manipulative proboscis, leaving with each pierce, doses of fear.

He was the face behind the mask, but the moment that call came in; it donned on him…the viper has been unleashed.
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Oct 31, 2013

The last time James orchestrated an operation, it fetched him and his team a whooping #5million. Prof Njoku, the HOD of the department of Geology, had become an unbridled tyrant; one to rival any of history’s dictators.

His country, the department of Geology, was a game pad in his hands. He tapped the buttons as he deemed fit and people swayed to whatever direction he punched. He was Voldermort. The mention of his name sent cold shivers down people’s spine.

James had discovered an easy way out. He had curbed the professor’s excesses, making money from the process at the same time.

He had kidnapped the Professor and requested a ransom of #5million; he got the money and lives changed.

The professor took heed to the threats (James had threatened to snuff out his life if he continued being a tyrant. The Professor was blind folded and James, voice tuned of course) and turned a new leaf. James on the other hand, got a new car, rented a new apartment and attracted ‘Jews’ like Michael. Talk about change.

“Boss, what do we do?” Razz B spoke in trepidation and it pulled Michael back to reality. “The traffic no be here o”, he observed.

James raised up his head and in front of him, he saw a mounting traffic; cars were sandwiched together. “S.h.it!” he slammed the dashboard.

He bit the forefinger of his right hand, racking his brain for a possible way out.

The caller had told him the specifics through a text, which came in some minutes after the call. His target was supposed to be on an okada, clad in a black jean and a brown polo shirt; more conspicuous was his Afro Punk. He had then sent him a Multimedia message containing the guy’s picture.

With an okada, he thought, the guy would scale through the traffic like fufu aided by ogbono soup. They on the other hand were in his car, stuck in traffic. He had to act fast. His heart began to pound and he felt his veins surging out of his flesh.

At that moment, his phone began to ring…

He glared at the screen and saw it was Henrietta.

“S.hi.t!”

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Hardeluv(f): 7:11pm On Oct 31, 2013
Iwo omo yii daa. B fast ooo. Cnt wait....!!!!!!
Re: The Last Star. by Hardeluv(f): 7:15pm On Oct 31, 2013
Iwo omo yii daa. B fast ooo. Dnt kip me waiting ooo or else....!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2013
oya followin u bumper 2 bumper!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2013
felipemadero: oya followin u bumper 2 bumper!
Abeg sofri make u no hit me o. If u try am, e go bloody o. cheesy
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Oct 31, 2013
Hardeluv: Iwo omo yii daa. B fast ooo. Dnt kip me waiting ooo or else....!!!!!!!
Boss, I haven't got the will to do that. I dare not!
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2013
Always endeavour to leave a comment. They are like fuel, they drive me forward.
Thanks!!!
Re: The Last Star. by Hardeluv(f): 9:38pm On Oct 31, 2013
undecided
Re: The Last Star. by latbas(m): 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2013
nice story.kip it up

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 11:32pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Abeg sofri make u no hit me o. If u try am, e go bloody o. cheesy
hahaha..no fear jere!
I no wnt mak anybody ovatake u illegally jere.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Oyinprince(m): 11:57pm On Oct 31, 2013
Nice update

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 01, 2013
Happy New Month my people!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Teeyrose(f): 8:37am On Nov 01, 2013
Nic1 bro... U̶̲̥̅̊ are trying bt U̶̲̥̅̊ need to be fast o

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Anugod(f): 9:04am On Nov 01, 2013
Good work. But you might need to update faster to prevent my starved appetite from dying...
And yes, happy new month leidiz and fellaz

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Jumizie13(f): 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2013
No updates, no comments

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 01, 2013
Jumizie13: No updates, no comments
To be updated shortly... wink
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 5:22pm On Nov 01, 2013

“Everywhere I go
Everybody knows
They ain’t never seen a guy like me
They never seen a guy like me

Everywhere I am
They wanna shake my hands
Cos they’ve never seen person like me
Never seen person…”

The subtle lyrics of MI’s ‘Chairman’ blasted through the speakers of James’ Nokia Lumia phone. He had chosen the song as his ringtone solely because of its message. The wordings of the song summed up James’ view of himself. He was the guy that special guy everyone wanted to shake hands with. He was a Chairman and he was never to settle for less.

He allowed the message of the song diffuse into him a little, enough to allow his mind ponder on why Henrietta called at such an odd hour. Henrietta was the petite girl he had been bleeping before Michael squared off to him on that fateful day, demanding stupid answers as to why he killed Jennifer. Michael would have been a free man if he hadn’t hijacked his fun that day.

Henrietta was one of James’ collections of skirts, but she was proving to be best lately. She exhibited new skills and prowess that always left James in a mouth gaping awe. On one of such occasions, after bamboozling James with her dexterity, leaving him with sweat dripping all over and a humble third leg, bowing feebly in loyalty; he concluded she had embarked on a time travel to learn the bedmatics of the women of ancient Rome. She displayed the sort of skills the women of ancient Rome were famed for.

Calabar girls are incredibly gifted, he summed up.

“KPOH” he jabbed the receiver button and said flatly,
“Wadup?”
“Am good o,” Henrietta started cautiously. “…Are you at home?” she inquired nervously.
“No! And it would be better if you started talking this minute” He was running out of patience.
Henrietta was not too stunned with the show of arrogance, she knew better not to disobey.
”James, I am pregnant.” She dropped the bombshell.
“So?”……… even James was surprised at his response as much as she was. He just couldn’t fathom the correlation between her ground breaking discovery and the mission at hand. It pissed her and she started getting all emotional.
“James, I just said I am pregnant, and you are responsible.”
“And that is supposed to be news?...It would have been news if another a.s.shole were responsible and then you would have me to contend with.”
“Oh Lord! This is hopeless” the tears were gathering like dark clouds on her eyes, it was about to rain.
“Yes, very hopeless. Until you call me at the right time.”
Click, the line went dead.
“Rubbish!”, James spat out in exasperation.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 5:23pm On Nov 01, 2013

The traffic had cleared over the last two minutes and Razz B was squashing the throttle, zooming ahead. James was beside him, raging like a mad dog. A target has almost eluded him and a stupid girl was talking trash. He turned back with one swift turn of his head.
“Sleek,” he called angrily.
“Boss!”
“Keep your eyes out…We couldn’t get track that dude on his way to print those pictures. He should be coming back by now…Watch out!”
“Yes boss.” Sleek said shifting to his right close to the window to get a clearer view, now directly behind James.”

They were some kilometers away from the AP filling station at Oluku, zooming on the right lane when a driver, perhaps a drunk, went off his lane and charged at them. Razz B saw it first and let out a gasp, “S.h.it!”.
The others saw it too and followed suit. Razz B was thrown into confusion as the staggering Volkswagen closed in.
“Do something you fool” James thundered.
“Am trying to, but nothing is happening,” Razz shrieked in horror, turning the steering aimlessly.
“Confused idiot” James spat, as he stretched from his seat, handled the steering and did a triple stir to the right in a James Bond-like move and the car navigated to the right. The erring Volkswagen bruised their left traffigator and left mirror.

They all heaved a sigh of relief, but the mission had to continue. They were on a race against the clock, so they didn’t stop to deliver to the driver some lessons.

Having saved them from the crash, James left the steering to Razz B. They had hardly moved an inch when James spotted Ugonna from afar, on a bike, closing in from the left lane, opposite them.

“There goes the i.dio.t”, James shouted, pointing to Ugonna’s direction.

Razz B saw him, “Make I stop?”
“Stop your head”, James retorted. “Jam their a.s.s joor”

Razz turned the steering as fast as possible to his left, and faced the okada man squarely. The okada man saw them and tried a quick manoeuvre but it was too late.

“GBOOH!”, the car collided with the okada.

Razz pulled to the right swiftly and James jumped out immediately.
It was a gruesome sight that greeted him, as a smile formed on his lips.
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 01, 2013
Where is Grace Ezeh oooo? ? grin grin grin grin
Re: The Last Star. by Obinnau(m): 5:27pm On Nov 01, 2013
oh my God!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2013
Obinnau: oh my God!
Ichie Obinnau..... grin grin grin grin
Re: The Last Star. by Archisola(m): 6:12pm On Nov 01, 2013
a se se n mu eye bo la po ni
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2013
Archi sola: a se se n mu eye bo la po ni
I beg you Sola....do translate to English, so yours sincerely can understand. wink
Re: The Last Star. by Anugod(f): 7:42pm On Nov 01, 2013
Oh God! I thought they would fail in their mission...
But Ugonna jew sha o, he suppose dey conscious of trailers. He no smart jor!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by D9ty7(m): 7:46pm On Nov 01, 2013
You are too good. Thank God i av sum1 lyk u on my thread. Kip it coming

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 01, 2013
Anugod: Oh God! I thought they would fail in their mission...
But Ugonna jew sha o, he suppose dey conscious of trailers. He no smart jor!
Lol Anugod.You are surprised, just as Ichie Obinnau is. *chuckles*
PS it was James and his cohorts that wrecked the havoc, not a random trailer.
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 01, 2013
D9ty7: You are too good. Thank God i av sum1 lyk u on my thread. Kip it coming
Thanks for the compliment D9ty7. You are fascinating yourself. And yes! We all are learning. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.