Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

The Last Star. - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Last Star. (31603 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Last Star. by christejames(m): 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Be careful of what you wish for girl. I can bring on a catalogue of disaster if i so wish, not just stones. I just thought i should let you on it, maka adi amama grin
abukwam nwoke ooo, nice one bro i mean hard stone there wink

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Anugod(f): 8:41pm On Nov 01, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
Lol Anugod.You are surprised, just as Ichie Obinnau is. *chuckles*
PS it was James and his cohorts that wrecked the havoc, not a random trailer.

I know its James nah. But Ugonna is supposed to be smarter, even suspicious of the very shirt he's wearing. He should have known he was not dealing with jew guys and should have been more careful. I thought he was a smart guy!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by christejames(m): 9:04pm On Nov 01, 2013
So that was hw we lost ugonna chaiii cry u must surely be vindicated!!!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 01, 2013
christe james: So that was hw we lost ugonna chaiii cry u must surely be vindicated!!!
Lol, I would advise you save those tears, you might need them later. grin
Re: The Last Star. by Hardeluv(f): 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ugonna must not die oooo or else *sad mood.*
thumps up 2 u, ur really gud.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 11:00pm On Nov 01, 2013
Hardeluv: Ugonna must not die oooo or else *sad mood.*
thumps up 2 u, ur really gud.
Oga Harde, me i carry my prayers join your own o. E b like say na night vigil tins sef.
Btw, thanks for the compliment wink
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Nov 01, 2013
Jumizie13: No updates, no comments
So Jumizie, where you at?

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Hardeluv(f): 11:40pm On Nov 01, 2013
So wen z d next update comin up Cnt wait 4 dat.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 12:11am On Nov 02, 2013
update abeg...since oct6;see where u stil dey!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 12:35am On Nov 02, 2013
@Harde and Filipe....
Tomorrow most definately. Been writing since i last updated. Let me peep at some stories before I crash.
Re: The Last Star. by felipemadero(m): 12:44am On Nov 02, 2013
Nkpume Iko: @Harde and Filipe....
Tomorrow most definately. Been writing since i last updated. Let me peep at some stories before I crash.
aiit boss...make e plenty o!

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Dchiefpriest(m): 7:08am On Nov 02, 2013
***appears on the tread,not surprised@all***hmmm ugonnnaa ,i warned u but u wodnt listen,look @ wat d firewood u fecthed f4 urself....****incantation***hmmmm ugonna "a child can play wit d modas breast but never wit his fadas testicles" ugonna ur chi is alife derefore u will not die...ojojokorooooo toyotoyo oya wake up***disapears from the scene***ugonna opens his eyes gently hopn it was a dream,he reached out to his pocket to check if his techno phantom A1 is still in tact,but his greates chagring it was still in tact,he wondered what could have happend but his wonders were melt down by the appearance of a middle aged man with a black and black uniform.......***oya nkpume continue from dere,duty calls,i have some sacrifes to make....***

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Dchiefpriest(m): 7:35am On Nov 02, 2013
***appears back on d tread***nkpummmeee were ar u? Wereever u are, i command u to hear me,ugonna must not die,if ugonna dies, dis story dies and defintely dis tread dies...mind u is not a treath is a promise***disappears***

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 02, 2013
Dchiefpriest: ***appears on the tread,not surprised@all***hmmm ugonnnaa ,i warned u but u wodnt listen,look @ wat d firewood u fecthed f4 urself....****incantation***hmmmm ugonna "a child can play wit d modas breast but never wit his fadas testicles" ugonna ur chi is alife derefore u will not die...ojojokorooooo toyotoyo oya wake up***disapears from the scene***ugonna opens his eyes gently hopn it was a dream,he reached out to his pocket to check if his techno phantom A1 is still in tact,but his greates chagring it was still in tact,he wondered what could have happend but his wonders were melt down by the appearance of a middle aged man with a black and black uniform.......***oya nkpume continue from dere,duty calls,i have some sacrifes to make....***
"A child can play with the mother's breast, but never with his father's testicles." Epic!!!
Permission to borrow it my friend wink cheesy grin
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
Dchiefpriest: ***appears back on d tread***nkpummmeee were ar u? Wereever u are, i command u to hear me,ugonna must not die,if ugonna dies, dis story dies and defintely dis tread dies...mind u is not a treath is a promise***disappears***
Lol, all these Ugonna fans...E clear!
Lets see how the little man in me wants to unravel this...
Nkwa Dibia, pray to your gods that he is happy today, else... grin grin grin
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 2:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
#Typing# cry cry cry
Re: The Last Star. by Hardeluv(f): 8:10pm On Nov 02, 2013
Dnt kip me waitin 4 2 long na.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Anugod(f): 7:16am On Nov 03, 2013
Nkpume Iko: #Typing# cry cry cry

Hey! Typing since 2:22pm Nov 02?
*Stamping my legs, becoming impatient*

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Rajosh(m): 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2013
hey so this is how ugo lost his life. hmm aal izz well, aal izz well.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Balley(f): 8:47pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nkpume!Nkpume!!Nkpume!!! Where u deyyyy?

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by GraceEzeh(f): 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nna mehn, abeg who see Nkpume? Nkpume, na wetin nah? Complete dis story nah. I wan begin read 4 examz. Abi u no hear say ASUU wan call strike off?

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Hardeluv(f): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2013
Oga ooooo, must we beg u b4 updating noww nii, dun worry, ama send moi snakes 2 ur houz dis nyt, dem go bring ur brain 4 me, u see.
Dnt kip me waitin na.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2013
Nkpume Iko is back!!!
My weekend vacation just ended some couple of minutes back. Thank you all for making me feel loved *faint blushes* Lol.
Harde dear...you are a darling!
Gracy...which school?
Balley....I see you are back.Welcome!
Anugod....don't be vexed dear.
Felipe,Chiefpriest,Rajosh...make una neva para for una guy o.
Thank You all once again for keeping it locked here.
The ride continues tomorrow...
Re: The Last Star. by Oyinprince(m): 11:18pm On Nov 03, 2013
Smh

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 04, 2013
Oyinprince: Smh
Lwkmd. Oga El Principe...neva vex for me biko grin
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 04, 2013

“Wao Wao Wao Wao Wao Wao Wao…”

The deafening sound of the ambulance siren rent the atmosphere. It blared, few decibels below the ominous cry of a million owls, frightening onlookers and passersby alike. It was the sound of doom.

The tires of the ambulance screeched to a halt and a dozen nurses emerged with two stretchers.

Someone had put a call through to the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH) emergency unit and the response had been unusually fast.

After the supposed accident, James and his guys had whisked away with Ugonna’s camera, pictures and all indictments. Then after, a small crowd had begun to gather around the scene, perching on it like flies on a festered injury. Some were truly sympathetic while others were busy with their phones, taking first hand pictures; some were getting face book comments already. Speak of live feeds.

As the ambulance arrived, the sympathizers all withdrew a bit, still close enough though, to allow them get a complete view of the rescue mission. The ‘emergency journalists’ were still armed with their phones. Taking shots of the nurses as they rescued the victims was an icing on their cake.

The police wagon fled in some minutes later and the sympathizers completely disappeared. The fear of a police statement was the beginning of freedom.

After administering the necessary first aid, both Ugonna and the okada man were stretched off into the ambulance and the ambulance shrilled off.

It is widely believed by the Igbos, that when a man agrees, his ‘chi’ (personal god) cannot but agree. This consequently means that, once you will a thing, your ‘chi’ automatically affirms to it. So, your struggle through life depended on your will power. Your destiny lay on your palms.

Michael wondered why his ‘chi’ had decided to abandon him.

He sat, bound to a wooden chair with tightening ropes. He looked up to the voltage shy 60 watts bulb and a ball of tears escaped from his left eye, slowly rolling down his cheeks. He wondered where his ‘chi’ was. Has he blinded his eyes to his sufferings? Has he deafened his ears to his incessant wailings? Has he shut his mind to what his heart told him? That Michael was in trouble? He questioned tearfully.

He observed his haggard and wretched state (his smelling and rumpled clothes, the rumbling hunger ravaging his stomach, the fact that he hadn’t had his bath since the previously day, considering that shaving his thorny beards was a luxury he could not afford) and the tears flooded down his eyes. He cursed the day he met James.

It was a sunny morning few years back. The newly admitted students of the University of Benin, generally called freshers, were clustered in their numbers at the Akin Deko Main Auditorium. The most conspicuous paraphernalia were a colossal display of green files, which held all their credentials. Each student was armed with one, like Medieval Roman soldiers armed themselves with shields. The atmosphere was slightly green.

It was the first Monday the University manual clearance was to set off. It was to be the final lapse of clearance before the new students were allowed to matriculate and become fully fledged students. The process had a history of becoming unnecessarily hectic and cumbersome. The earlier you started it, the better for you.

Michael had strolled into the Auditorium premises as early as 7am, met a handful of students and wrote his name down, just as those before him had done. It was believed the clearance officers would give credence to the list and attend to them (those whose name were in it) first.

History has a way of repeating itself. Like it had been in years gone by, some ruffian emanated from nowhere and tore the list. Pandemonium rose and a line was quickly formed and an unfortunate Michael was displaced from it. He tried to protest the injustice but the bully who tore the list barked at him and he kept mute, innocently settling for a space at the back, behind those whom he came before.

All the while, a relatively unknown James had been watching the drama unfold. It was time to prove his mettle. He stepped forth from where he was, squared off to the bully and delivered a thunderous message-filled -eyes- blinding-stars-inducing slap to the boy’s right cheek. Everyone was stunned, like the bully was. He was too shocked to react. “I go deal with you” was all he said and he stormed away.

Michael soon found himself at the front of the line much to his delight, after thanking James. Somewhere in his heart that day, he knew James was his course mate but then, he was the sort of guys his mum had warned him about. Now it’s all crystal clear, James had not rescued him out of compassion, but because he wanted to prove he was the Alpha Male.

Speaking of which, where was James and his two block heads? He had woke up to find the room empty and silent. He had wondered where they were, it was then he realized the last thing he remembers was an angered James, glaring at him, after he had spat at him.

The midday sun was rising as it rays peeped through the translucent window blind. As the sun shined through, casting its rays on Michael, he felt a rising hope. He drew strength from it as the gleam of the sun licked and nibbled at his flesh, sending a sweet sensation round his body.

Michael believed in the powers of the celestial bodies. Astrology wasn’t studied in any Nigerian tertiary institution so he had settled for Geology. He had always felt there was more to the sun, moon and stars than just the routine job of illuminating the earth. He believed they influenced human existence. He believed in cosmic divination.

With every lick of the sun, Michael felt his sorrows being licked away. He felt his pain and anguish being burned out. He felt a flicker of light rising in him; it began to burn and a smile started to form on his lips until the blaring, silence shattering horn of James Honda Eod, amputated his fantasy.

He shook involuntarily and his pulse thickened immediately. He needed to soothsayer to read the foreboding sign as he heaved a fear gripped sigh.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 04, 2013
Do drop your comments of encouragement, criticism, commendation and otherwise unstated.
The writer appreciates.
Re: The Last Star. by Hardeluv(f): 5:39pm On Nov 04, 2013
Dis z nat fair na, afta u had us waitin 4 som daes now, ur now updating dis short story here *sad mood.*
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:06pm On Nov 04, 2013
Hardeluv: Dis z nat fair na, afta u had us waitin 4 som daes now, ur now updating dis short story here *sad mood.*
Am not sure i understand you dear.

1 Like

Re: The Last Star. by Jumizie13(f): 8:09pm On Nov 04, 2013
Nkpume Iko:
So Jumizie, where you at?
my father's house
Re: The Last Star. by makemoneynow(m): 8:25pm On Nov 04, 2013
U no try o expecting sha
Re: The Last Star. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Nov 04, 2013
Jumizie13:
my father's house
I've got my camera zoomed on you.
make money now: U no try o expecting sha
Na wetin i do ni...aben xplain o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie's Arise News Interview (Full Video) / How Much Does A Script Sell In Nigeria / For Ten Thousand Dollars- The Aftermath Of An Unintended Office Romance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.