Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:41 PM

Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. (52642 Views)

Access Bank Hiring - Bsc+ Msc / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) / GTB Recruitment 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by everyday: 9:31pm On Oct 06, 2013
The bank demanding money before employment is fraud
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by olusola200: 9:33pm On Oct 06, 2013
WHAT IS THIS NIGERIA TURNING INTO , ONLY GOD CAN SAVE US ,DANGOTE WANT GRADUATE AS A DRIVER TINUBU WANT WANT MEN AS THUG
I KNOW GOD WILL FIGHT FOR US ONE DAY. GEJ WANT RULE BY FORCE COME 2015
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Boss13: 9:35pm On Oct 06, 2013
Why is Segun fafore lying? Despite the fact that he is a good friend of mine, his public statement is nothing but a dirty lie.

Let me break it down. What I say is the truth. Access bank came up with a deposit strategy 3 years ago called OPERATION JUST CAUSE (OJC). The strategy initially was to grow it's retail customer base. Each staff was asked to go open 450 accounts. Those who met their target on or before December 31st 2011 were given N100,000. Those who did not meet their target were persuaded to go meet their target. It was also a pre-requisite for those who were due for promotion.

Next year 2012, after the acquisition of Intercontinental bank, Access bank was having liquidity problems are was borrowing at the inter-bank market (the same market, oceanic bank was penalize for). Hence, a deposit drive strategy was marked out. Each Group Head for all the department were given a deposit target and if they don't meet the target, they would be sacked (trust Aigboje his threat always come to past). These group heads decided to share the money down to their staff members on a grade level. Some other group heads with marketing skills decided to go get the money themselves.

Bolaji Agbede (Group head of Human resources) decided to exploit job seekers knowing that many are desperate to leave the unemployed market. She used the same approach in 2011 to meet her 450 OJC target. Now she decided to adopt the same approach by using applicants to meet her deposit target. It is inhumane to put people who are even your staff under undue pressure talk more of job applicants who are not yet your staff.

I know Segun fafore is a nairalander and I want him to deny this story. I understand he is doing his job by protecting the bank's public image but what I just explained is the truth. Bolaji Agbede is the huge reason there is poor staff welfare in Access bank. She needs to leave because she has built an empire in the bank. There are so many atrocities that this same woman has caused. From non/little remittance of tax liabilities of staff income tax to tax authorities to no medical/health insurance of staff. She is a sadist, little wonder she is not married.

30 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by nikkyshyne(f): 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2013
Really hard to believe this nonsense.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by k4kenny(f): 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2013
Access bank asking new recruits to bring a minimum of N1m is very true. Happened to my neighbour last year. After going through 3 interviews, he was told to bring a minimum of 1m from at least 10 people. He said some people were told to bring up to 2m shocked. My hubby nd I helped with 100k, opened d account in my name. Its been over a year now and I don't have a debit card angry . Withdrawing money over d counter at access bank is an absolute nightmare. Anyway, th account is almost empty, don't see myself banking with that bank anytime soon.

Btw, my neighbour who got the job is so sick of it. Especially now that they've brought indians to run things in their unit

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by priscasmart(f): 9:43pm On Oct 06, 2013
Unbelievable...
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by olusola200: 9:47pm On Oct 06, 2013
THE WOMAN WILL SURELY DIE LIKE A COMMON GOAT. SHE IS NOT A WIFE MATERIAL , SHE CAN NOT MAKE A GOOD HOME, I WILL CURSE HER IF SHE DID NOT CHANGE HER ATTITUDE TOWARD INNOCENT STAFF,
Boss13: Why is Segun fafore lying? Despite the fact that he is a good friend of mine, his public statement is nothing but a dirty lie.

Let me break it down. What I say is the truth. Access bank came up with a deposit strategy 3 years ago called OPERATION JUST CAUSE (OJC). The strategy initially was to grow it's retail customer base. Each staff was asked to go open 450 accounts. Those who met their target on or before December 31st 2011 were given N100,000. Those who did not meet their target were persuaded to go meet their target. It was also a pre-requisite for those who were due for promotion.

Next year 2012, after the acquisition of Intercontinental bank, Access bank was having liquidity problems are was borrowing at the inter-bank market (the same market, oceanic bank was penalize for). Hence, a deposit drive strategy was marked out. Each Group Head for all the department were given a deposit target and if they don't meet the target, they would be sacked (trust Aigboje his threat always come to past). These group heads decided to share the money down to their staff members on a grade level. Some other group heads with marketing skills decided to go get the money themselves.

Bolaji Agbede (Group head of Human resources) decided to exploit job seekers knowing that many are desperate to leave the unemployed market. She used the same approach in 2011 to meet her 450 OJC target. Now she decided to adopt the same approach by using applicants to meet her deposit target. It is inhumane to put people who are even your staff under undue pressure talk more of job applicants who are not yet your staff.

I know Segun fafore is a nairalander and I want him to deny this story. I understand he is doing his job by protecting the bank's public image but what I just explained is the truth. Bolaji Agbede is the huge reason there is poor staff welfare in Access bank. She needs to leave because she has built an empire in the bank. There are so many atrocities that this same woman has caused. From non/little remittance of tax liabilities of staff income tax to tax authorities to no medical/health insurance of staff. She is a sadist, little wonder she is not married.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by wasak(m): 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
lorretta u: And if you've such a wife who only cooks and cleans you won't look down on her cos of her dependence on you?

Men want a woman who helps financially in the home but when they meet such a woman in the labor industry,all they can think about is how to manipulate and lay her.
Take advantage and use her. undecided

Can you people ever be pleased?

aunty not all men want their wives to work. I prefer my wife depends on me than her depending on another man's desire in order to be independent.

12 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by mjames: 9:48pm On Oct 06, 2013
ifeelgood: When a farmer insist on working in the bank, what do you expect?

Na so
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Alajiki(m): 9:51pm On Oct 06, 2013
234GT: @ Alajiki, why do you have part with your salary to pay interest to TD customers. I do fixed deposit and I have never paid a dime of my salary to my customers. How does it work in your bank?

You're in need of deposit, you market a customer and the amount invoved is substantial. The maximum official interest you can give the customer is 9% (an example) but the cutomer is holding out for 12%. You managed to get a concessionary approval for 10.5% maximum. You've got no choice than to find the remaining 1.5% except you're comfortable deposit wise. You either do it, or the customet walks to the bank next door

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
All I've to say is "It is well"
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Manlado: 9:52pm On Oct 06, 2013
Obituaries and epitaphsAllegations of malpractices and abuses have dogged recruitment processes and staff training in the Nigerian banking sector. For instance in 2011, a group of Guaranty Trust Bank’s entry level trainees were expelled on the last day of training for what the bank described as “[contravening] several basic programme rules that include professional conduct.”But several members of Sapphire, as the class was nicknamed, said the consultant instructor during the training, Tutu Sholeye of Learners and Trainers, traumatised the group with an unending string of vile comments, verbal abuse and attack on their self-esteem.They told this paper that they were asked to write their obituaries and epitaphs as part of the training regime.“We were shocked when she told us to write our obituaries and epitaphs. And it didn’t end there; whatever you wrote will be used as an excuse to rain more insults on you,” said Taye, still visibly angry two years after the experience.For instance, a trainee who smokes and had indicated to live up to 85 years in his obituary was told by the trainer: “how do you expect to live that long with the worthless life you’re living?”Learners and Trainers website says it focuses on the “attitude training and personal development” rather than focus on “skills and knowledge training.”Ms Sholeye declined to speak with PREMIUM TIMES. She said as a consultant, it was unprofessional for her to speak about what happened during the training.Peter Ogunnubi, a psychiatrist at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, says this style of training is “archaic and barbaric.”“It is a form of mental torture that can lead to post-traumatic and personality disorder.” He says this is even more so because the trainees didn’t get the job.Guaranty Trust Bank says this approach to staff training has brought out the best in its employees.“The curriculum adopted for the training programme which all employees must undertake, has been in use for the same period and you will no doubt agree with me that our Bank has the finest, most professional and knowledgeable human capital in the country today,” says Pascal Or, the bank’s official in charge of Brand Management.
xarxes: .

Don't believe the thinking of fools.

Thinking about the end from the beginning is the idea behind the obituary thing.

Poor self esteem will make you think, such a training is cruel. I know such a person will not be a success in the business world.

Some poorly informed psychiatrists are quick to say anything is archaic.

The finest training ever.

My obituary

I wrote that I wanted to be this and that.

But the lesson is that in a few years when you reflect on the obituary you wrote for yourself, you can check whether you are on the right path to achieving your dreams.

Tutu Sholeye is the best ever. Your attitude will determine your altitude.

Most of the teachings are base of the book.
SEVEN HABITS OF HIGHLY EFFECTIVE PEOPLE.

if she said go and read the book, most people will not learn anything.

Thank God for internet every 'olodo/idi.ot' can say anything to overzealous pressmen.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by claremont(m): 9:56pm On Oct 06, 2013
ariseandshine: Paying N1 million to become a professional Ashaw.o?

To the Lady Bankers:

Sorry, I'm an insider.
They were not told to literally pay the money from their own pockets, they were told to source for deposits of at least a million naira. I think it is a fair strategy by the bank to evaluate the marketing skills of its would-be employees. This is the same strategy that is used in the TV programme called 'The Apprentice' were candidates are basically sent into the streets to create a market for non-existent products and meet specific monetary targets.

The ladies who sell themselves rather than selling the bank products have only themselves to be blamed, they prefer the easy way out.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Belmot(m): 10:00pm On Oct 06, 2013
Nothing impressive about that bank. That was how fidelity bank was calling me 2yrs after i applied, told them i ain't coming back to lag again........ House rent in lagos island na die. Am enjoying my fed work right now stress free with allowance yafun yafun.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 06, 2013
Built2last: Some one should tell me this is a lie.
Soon these banks will ask one to sign away his/her kidneys, liver etc before appointment letter is issued

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
kaeyame:
Soon these banks will ask one to sign away his/her kidneys, liver etc before appointment letter is issued

Its getting to that point. The Kidney and Liver would serve as guarantor
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Manlado: 10:16pm On Oct 06, 2013
Abu Mikey: My Obituary??

For what nau? undecided

Nonesense,if it were me, I just hiss at the fuctardous trainer and move outta the bank Majestically!

Go read: Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, then come and contribute.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by KKImoh: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2013
ariseandshine:

Men you are not a learner
TEACHING
TEACHING
TEACHING!!!
Nursery or Primary

Even Secondary School is a NO GO area for me.
u dnt knw anytin b.dat
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 06, 2013
K.K Imoh:

u dnt knw anytin b.dat

I would rather be unintelligent with a sound marriage and family.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by davefieldpop(m): 10:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
Thank God for my wife, she got a banking job earlier this year and i had to tell her point blank banking dat i refuse for my family to be second choice 2 a bank. She is now a govt worker,she comes home on tym,dosent pay back debts she didnt incure,av tym for the kids,everybody is happy!

8 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2013
davefieldpop: She is now a govt worker,she comes home on tym,dosent pay back debts she didnt incure,av tym for the kids,everybody is happy!

I thank God for your wife. Lucky you. What is going on in banks can only be imagined.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by eluquenson(m): 10:44pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is serious
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by agrovick(m): 10:53pm On Oct 06, 2013
Lorreta lorreta where av u being
lorretta u: And if you've such a wife who only cooks and cleans you won't look down on her cos of her dependence on you?

Men want a woman who helps financially in the home but when they meet such a woman in the labor industry,all they can think about is how to manipulate and lay her.
Take advantage and use her. undecided

Can you people ever be pleased?
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by willibounce: 10:59pm On Oct 06, 2013
If truly there is a place calLed heaven, I don't think any nigerian will ever gain access. We are so wicked and self centred. Smetyms I wonder what we go to d church & mosque to learn. Cos ths evil ppl @ d top are d ones u find on d front seats/mats in d religious houses. Yet they are so wicked. E go better mke woman kuku b professional olosho n mke money 4 urself thn f--erking sme rich ugly men because u wan make one bastard oga salary complete.

8 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by AbuMikey(m): 11:02pm On Oct 06, 2013
Manlado:

Go read: Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, then come and contribute.
Oga,I can't do some shitty stuffs,some "Oga Boss-like" Authors wrote.

Its not Pride, its called [size=24]Class and Standard[/size] cool

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by ogbronx(m): 11:08pm On Oct 06, 2013
malele: Country filled with stupid people.
a mediocre population. a country were almost everyone is wise but lacks common sense. it even shows here on nairaland that the average nigerian is mentally-poor. lacking good judgement and analysis of important issues and trends but concentrate of meaningless ones. Azontoic and skelewatic pple!

4 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Manlado: 11:10pm On Oct 06, 2013
Abu Mikey: Oga,I can't do some shitty somes some "Oga Boss-like" Authors wrote.

Its not Pride, its called [size=24]Class and Standard[/size] cool

If you can not learn the right attitude for being an employee then go start your business, mean-while don't expect anything reasonable from your employees.

Because ' Every one wan be Oga but we all know say that no go ever happen'.

I wish you well whatever you do.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Boss13: 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
claremont:
They were not told to literally pay the money from their own pockets, they were told to source for deposits of at least a million naira. I think it is a fair strategy by the bank to evaluate the marketing skills of its would-be employees. This is the same strategy that is used in the TV programme called 'The Apprentice' were candidates are basically sent into the streets to create a market for non-existent products and meet specific monetary targets.

The ladies who sell themselves rather than selling the bank products have only themselves to be blamed, they prefer the easy way out.

Please don't justify anything. I just explained why job applicants were told to get deposit. It has nothing to do with Aigboje or Wigwe. Bolaji Agbede initiated it in order for her to meet her target. This has never been the practice in Access bank recruitment and I think Aigboje is not aware of this.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by AbuMikey(m): 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2013
Manlado:

If you can not learn the right attitude for being an employee then go start your business, mean-while don't expect anything reasonable from your employees.

Because ' Every one wan be Oga but we all know say that no go ever happen'.

I wish you well whatever you do.
Oga,think like a Man please,so you mean if I want to employ you and I tell you to write your own obituary,you actually gonna do such? shocked

I will can never do such to my would be staff

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 06, 2013
@ agrovick,Been here
In and around smiley

@ wasak. Easy to say

When she go don ask u for money for one year,ur body go begin pinch u.

Then you'll come to NL and open a thread of how dependent and materialistic ur wife is

Meanwhile you didn't let her work. And even if you did.when she goes out,ur fellow men will try to bed her for the job

Why u guys gon be messing things up for others just cos of sex?
wasak:

aunty not all men want their wives to work. I prefer my wife depends on me than her depending on another man's desire in order to be independent.
agrovick: Lorreta lorreta where av u being
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Oct 06, 2013
lorretta u:

Why u guys gon be messing things up for others just cos of sex?

Correction: Some guys.

But seriously, would u risk ur family for a job that involves randy demands from randy execs and clients?
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by SIRNIMS(m): 11:39pm On Oct 06, 2013
This is very true the hr , training school and consultants are very corrupt .the are benefiting from the misery of unemployed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ / How To Apply For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018 / N-Power: Sadiya Farooq's Message To Batch A And B Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.