Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:19 PM

Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. (52641 Views)

Access Bank Hiring - Bsc+ Msc / Access Bank 10 Minutes Per Day Job Application (share Your Experiences So Far) / GTB Recruitment 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by graitobby(m): 7:47am On Oct 07, 2013
I'm certain it's true... I still have several of their emails and sms inviting me to the second stage interview which I refused because of the exploratory conditions attached!
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Williamso(m): 7:55am On Oct 07, 2013
olusola200: THE WOMAN WILL SURELY DIE LIKE A COMMON GOAT. SHE IS NOT A WIFE MATERIAL , SHE CAN NOT MAKE A GOOD HOME, I WILL CURSE HER IF SHE DID NOT CHANGE HER ATTITUDE TOWARD INNOCENT STAFF,

I think you already did that grin grin

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Caracta(f): 8:08am On Oct 07, 2013
I do not pray for any of my female family members to work in a commercial bank in Nigeria...especially Access Bank. If not for the unemployment situation of this country, Access Bank is not fit for humans. They need machines.

Access bank? Hian! Very terrible place to work!

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 07, 2013
lorretta u: I think that question is irrelevant

Would anyone want to be se.xually harrassed?
Your guess is as good as mine

I think the correct question should be why do men make everything in life all about sezx and their own satisfaction?
Why won't you people just let women be?
If you make advances and she says no,why not let it go?
Must you risk the ruination of her life and marriage just for your own sezual satisfaction?
Selfsih much?

If she stays home:war
If she goes out there:war

What is wrong with you people? undecided

I went for a movie audition recently and the men there were very proud and fulfilled in telling me that there's no way for an attractive lady to make it in this present day nigeria unless she's ready to compromise
I.E sleep her way to the top.so I'd better think well before I decide if I want to succeed or not.
Same thing happened one time I was busy with a project in my PPA LGA.no guy wanted to help unless I'd lay down for him.something I was doing for the community with ny sweat and skills.yet no one can offer to help unless I was willing to part with some arss.
How many men will a woman sleep with?
Who turns around to start sceaming 'W*hore' ?isn't the men?
Do you people even have any atom of conscience? I guess not.
Always thinking with ur dycks.
You rant too much, I guess a mother hen is better than you. You always feel you have the right words to run at men. Why not tell that to your lame husband to be he thinks with his di.ck. You have totally lost your sanity and sense of respect. Have you ever heard the word OPTIONAL. No one forced you, if you want, you play by their rule. Why come here with your weak shallow brain to generalize all male folks including your father, your lame husband to be and your brothers to think with their dicks. Its so obvious you lack home training or you never inculcate training accrued to such. Thread carefully.

8 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by simigold: 8:13am On Oct 07, 2013

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Meeah: 8:27am On Oct 07, 2013
This is the most ridiculous allegation against GTB. The 'obituary' was to remind them that life is a fleeting experience and we all would be remembered for something. She requested that they write what they want to be remembered for. That's not too much neither is it outlandish.

Be informed that Sapphire is not the only team Ms Sholeye, an alumnus of the bank, has trained and I know for certain that she had asked every team to carry out the same exercise. Why hadn't this complaints come up earlier?

Get your facts right. Don't peddle rumours. Don't feed us with crap sourced via shabby journalism.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 07, 2013
ariseandshine: Paying N1 million to become a professional Ashaw.o?

To the Lady Bankers:

Sorry, I'm an insider.

do not allow your daughters work in the banks ooo. this is actually what they do to remain there... have been there before.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 8:34am On Oct 07, 2013
simigold: Hmmn... How time goes. I remember this same head of corporate affairs in Access who searched for job for a very long period after a very long wait after nysc. He came from a very poor background. i remember when he almost killed his junior brother cuz of eba (frustration tinzz) Now a big boy... he feels the pain no more and doesnt want to know how others feel. Too bad.....

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2013
otijah: Vulcanizers are better than bankers in Nigeria, 4get their camouflaging siuts

guy ern, you said the gospel truth. you must have first hand experience to know that.... a vulcanizer even earns better..

and they waste money in 1001ways. your mechanic, tailor, neighbours, relations all rip you off cause you don't have time for yourself...

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by AjanleKoko: 8:52am On Oct 07, 2013
I don't understand this story.

"Write your obituary' is a common exercise that I've come across in many management trainings. The idea is to communicate exactly how you think others perceive you, given that other people will write your obituary when you're gone.

I guess that would be perceived as being in bad taste, since Nigerians are hugely superstitious. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by wealthkehinde(m): 8:55am On Oct 07, 2013
There are many nigerians who are victim of this misfortune. Well one may not want to blame them because much of the blame is on our leders that is moving in wrong direction through bad policy. This unfortunate event is not just in the banking sector, we have it also in communication industry and other industry. God will help us.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Ralphlauren(m): 9:01am On Oct 07, 2013
AjanleKoko: I don't understand this story.

"Write your obituary' is a common exercise that I've come across in many management trainings. The idea is to communicate exactly how you think others perceive you, given that other people will write your obituary when you're gone.

I guess that would be perceived as being in bad taste, since Nigerians are hugely superstitious. embarassed

the problem is not really 'writing the obituary' but the emotional and verbal abuse they received from those conducting the training. that is so wrong on all levels. see the quote from the story below

xarxes: Allegations of malpractices and abuses have dogged recruitment processes and staff training in the Nigerian banking sector. For instance in 2011, a group of Guaranty Trust Bank’s entry level trainees were expelled on the last day of training for what the bank described as “[contravening] several basic programme rules that include professional conduct.”

But several members of Sapphire, as the class was nicknamed, said the consultant instructor during the training, Tutu Sholeye of Learners and Trainers, traumatised the group with an unending string of vile comments, verbal abuse and attack on their self-esteem .
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Boss13: 9:03am On Oct 07, 2013
simigold: Hmmn... How time goes. I remember this same head of corporate affairs in Access who searched for job for a very long period after a very long wait after nysc. He came from a very poor background. i remember when he almost killed his junior brother cuz of eba (frustration tinzz) Now a big boy... he feels the pain no more and doesnt want to know how others feel. Too bad.....

Please be quiet. Everyone had a humble background. Segun is a good guy, never arrogant. He is not the group head of corporate communications but handles public relations for the bank. He is also feeling the heat too. In access bank you must feel the heat even the CEO

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Ralphlauren(m): 9:08am On Oct 07, 2013
Boss13:
Next year 2012, after the acquisition of Intercontinental bank, Access bank was having liquidity problems are was borrowing at the inter-bank market (the same market, oceanic bank was penalize for). Hence, a deposit drive strategy was marked out. Each Group Head for all the department were given a deposit target and if they don't meet the target, they would be sacked (trust Aigboje his threat always come to past). These group heads decided to share the money down to their staff members on a grade level. Some other group heads with marketing skills decided to go get the money themselves.

Bolaji Agbede (Group head of Human resources) decided to exploit job seekers knowing that many are desperate to leave the unemployed market. She used the same approach in 2011 to meet her 450 OJC target. Now she decided to adopt the same approach by using applicants to meet her deposit target. It is inhumane to put people who are even your staff under undue pressure talk more of job applicants who are not yet your staff.

WHAT YOU HAVE SAID IS SOOOOOOO TRUE, SEE MY POST I MADE ON THIS SAME ACCESS BANK ISSUE FEW WEEKS AGO

Ralphlauren: what do you expect from a bank that ensures new employees sign a bond for 2 years or pay an early exit penalty of 2million naira or so undecided i have never liked the bank one bit

the day i lost total respect for the bank was when i stumbled on a post from a relative canvassing for new accounts on facebook. this relative of mine graduated wth a first class degree and had been working with accessbank for over 5 years at the time. he said the bank came up with a policy and demanded that ALL staff must open a certain number of new bank accounts or lose their jobs.

yet, you find them advertising on CNN, heathrow airport, etc. they are trying to compete with other international banks but they need to ask if other international banks put their staff through such pressure or treat their staff in such shameless manner

https://www.nairaland.com/1453800/tales-woes-typical-access-bank#18495781

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by trusted(m): 9:09am On Oct 07, 2013
Pray God bless your man. I don't look up to my wife to take care of my responsibilities @ home wether she support or not. I appreciate her more when she takes good care of my home and kids because that's her duty.
lorretta u: And if you've such a wife who only cooks and cleans you won't look down on her cos of her dependence on you?

Men want a woman who helps financially in the home but when they meet such a woman in the labor industry,all they can think about is how to manipulate and lay her.
Take advantage and use her. undecided

Can you people ever be pleased?

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 07, 2013
trusted: Pray God bless your man. I don't look up to my wife to take care of my responsibilities @ home wether she support or not. I appreciate her more when she takes good care of my home and kids because that's her duty.

Very reasonable of you. The primary responsibility of a woman is to take good care of the home everything else is secondary. No man in His right senses will be looking up to a woman to support the home financially. Agreed she can work, but family comes FIRST.

5 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by dasparrow: 9:13am On Oct 07, 2013
slimmy05: You rant too much, I guess a mother hen is better than you. You always feel you have the right words to run at men. Why not tell that to your lame husband to be he thinks with his di.ck. You have totally lost your sanity and sense of respect. Have you ever heard the word OPTIONAL. No one forced you, if you want, you play by their rule. Why come here with your weak shallow brain to generalize all male folks including your father, your lame husband to be and your brothers to think with their dicks. Its so obvious you lack home training or you never inculcate training accrued to such. Thread carefully.

What Loretta has said is true. I mean, let's call a spade a spade. Let me tell you something, the rate at which most Nigerian-bred men defile their women and girls in Nigeria is very worrisome. From the paedophiles who defile and rob female children as young as 2 years old of their innocence to the male neighbors, mechanics, houseboys, etc who sexu.ally harass and defile teenagers to the lecturers who force their female students to sleep with them or else they will fail them intentionally to the male corpers who are sent to secondary schools to teach and rather go there and sleep with their female students sometimes getting them pregnant to the typical Nigerian male employer who sees nothing wrong in making sex.ua.l advances towards his female staff both single and married and if they refuse, they are terminated of their employment.

The truth of the matter is that the average Nigerian-bred male is a shameless pervert who has no control over his sex.ual urge and that is why infidelity is so high in the average Nigerian marriage and also the reason why HIV/AIDS is very prevalent in Nigeria. I have female cousins in my family who were sex.ua.lly molested by Nigerian men in Nigeria when they were less than 10 years old. Most of you Nigerian-bred males have turned your women into ashawos and/or marriage desperados. Many of you have no atom of respect for females. I blame both the Nigerian woman and man for this. The woman is still the primary care taker of children. At least, in Nigeria she is. So, what does that say about the Nigerian woman and the kind of upbringing she is giving her sons? sons that grow up someday and defile and/or oppress members of her gender. What does that say about the Nigerian-bred male as well and how he chooses to raise his sons and the example he is setting for them?

Nigeria is indeed a terrible place to be in as a female from my personal observation. As a father, I will not raise my girl child in such a toxic society like Nigeria. it is no wonder so many Nigerian-bred males are languishing in jail in the western world for sex-related offenses. They think they are in Nigeria where anything goes and where they get away with their sick behavior. As for the female Nigerian bankers, they should be careful because they ought to know that they work in a country where the odds are stacked against them. I'm out!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by ukcars: 9:13am On Oct 07, 2013
Lots of opinions here
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by wasak(m): 9:17am On Oct 07, 2013
@ Lorreta... I want u to digest the fact that many things in life depends on priority. If a lady feels her job is more important than her family life ,so be it.
If a man feels alright for his wife to risk intimate advances by other men in other for her not to depend on him....fine anti...
it is a fallacy of generalism for u to include all men in d category of promiscuity. those who are promiscuous do so not only because of the desire, but also because of the opportunity. desire without opportunity equals futility.
wouldn't it be better if our ladies stand up with one voice against such men? than for them to keep wallowing in selfdeceit about how much dey earn and how they feed their husbands?
the issue @ hand ain't only in the banking sector. The decay is a societal one that has extended to almost every sector of the society. from banking to insurance, from insurance to religious sector, from religious to the educational sector. this decay has is so endemic that it has infested the most hitherto reliable sector of the society.
Men asking for sex are doing so cos dey know they'll get it. our ladies (not all ) are more concerned with how much they'll earn than how they came by such.
for detailed reference read "the 21st century Lagos wife by macjive here on Nairaland... u ll c how rotten our psychology has become at both ends. Thanks.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Omooba77: 9:20am On Oct 07, 2013
Ralphlauren:

WHAT YOU HAVE SAID IS SOOOOOOO TRUE, SEE MY POST I MADE ON THIS SAME ACCESS BANK ISSUE FEW WEEKS AGO

https://www.nairaland.com/1453800/tales-woes-typical-access-bank#18495781

You are not far from the truth;I know people that had to resign from Access bank because of constant new accounts. I had to help a family friend; despite this he resigned and run his private business now. He says the blessing and peace of mind he enjoys now cant be quantified......
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by trusted(m): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2013
Boss13: Why is Segun fafore lying? Despite the fact that he is a good friend of mine, his public statement is nothing but a dirty lie.

Let me break it down. What I say is the truth. Access bank came up with a deposit strategy 3 years ago called OPERATION JUST CAUSE (OJC). The strategy initially was to grow it's retail customer base. Each staff was asked to go open 450 accounts. Those who met their target on or before December 31st 2011 were given N100,000. Those who did not meet their target were persuaded to go meet their target. It was also a pre-requisite for those who were due for promotion.

Next year 2012, after the acquisition of Intercontinental bank, Access bank was having liquidity problems are was borrowing at the inter-bank market (the same market, oceanic bank was penalize for). Hence, a deposit drive strategy was marked out. Each Group Head for all the department were given a deposit target and if they don't meet the target, they would be sacked (trust Aigboje his threat always come to past). These group heads decided to share the money down to their staff members on a grade level. Some other group heads with marketing skills decided to go get the money themselves.

Bolaji Agbede (Group head of Human resources) decided to exploit job seekers knowing that many are desperate to leave the unemployed market. She used the same approach in 2011 to meet her 450 OJC target. Now she decided to adopt the same approach by using applicants to meet her deposit target. It is inhumane to put people who are even your staff under undue pressure talk more of job applicants who are not yet your staff.

I know Segun fafore is a nairalander and I want him to deny this story. I understand he is doing his job by protecting the bank's public image but what I just explained is the truth. Bolaji Agbede is the huge reason there is poor staff welfare in Access bank. She needs to leave because she has built an empire in the bank. There are so many atrocities that this same woman has caused. From non/little remittance of tax liabilities of staff income tax to tax authorities to no medical/health insurance of staff. She is a sadist, little wonder she is not married.
Is CBN not aware of this unjust treatment? Or is it an approved way of recruiting in the Banking sector.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Ralphlauren(m): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2013
claremont:
They were not told to literally pay the money from their own pockets, they were told to source for deposits of at least a million naira. I think it is a fair strategy by the bank to evaluate the marketing skills of its would-be employees. This is the same strategy that is used in the TV programme called 'The Apprentice' were candidates are basically sent into the streets to create a market for non-existent products and meet specific monetary targets.

gentleman, what are you on about

how can you compare a TV SHOW 'the apprentice' to Access Bank's cruel recruitment method ? what is your basis of comparism?

i am not trying to be rude, but this takes the cake for the dumbest comparism I have ever come across on social media.

now let me break it down for you:
1) the apprentice is a TV show that brings in ratings and money for the BBC and Lord Sugar as well as Donald Trump.
2)Lord Sugar is an entrepreneur with numerous investments
3)most of the contestants on this TV show have recorded success in their relative fields BEFORE appearing on the show. some are successful estate agents, investors, entrepreneurs, PHD holders, etc.
4)the contestants are accommodated by the BBC for the entire duration of the programme
5)the show (in the past) promised the winner a job with an annual salary of about £100,000 for the eventual winner
6)now, the rules have changed. the winner gets to go into a business partnership with Lord Sugar, with Lord Sugar financing the entire business however, he has a 50% stake in the business will the winner gets the other 50%
7)the unsuccessful contestants (most of them) go on to have successful businesses and careers

there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FAIR in asking prospective employees (who have not been given a job offer or undergone training) to bring in bank accounts to the value of millions of naira. WHAT IS WRONG IS WRONG AND SHOULD NOT BE SUGAR COATED IN ANYWAY

do note that these people are still job applicants, they are yet to be given an offer of employment stating the work terms, salary, etc. SO IT IS TOTALLY OUT OF PLACE FOR ACCESS BANK TO BE MAKING THESE DEMANDS FROM THEM

IT IS ABSOLUTE NONSENSE !

a TV SHOW [b/] is [b]TOTALLY DIFFERENT from a RECRUITMENT EXERCISE FOR A BANK and any INTELLIGENT PERSON should know this.

what access bank is doing is cashing in on the vulnerability of young graduates.

most of the top staff of access bank have worked with foreign banks/organisations before relocating to Nigeria, so they should know better. do the likes of RBS, LTSB, MBNA, UBS, CREDIT SUISSE and co do this to JOB APPLICANTS that are YET to be OFFERED A JOB FORMALLY? HELL NO !

6 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2013
dasparrow:

What Loretta has said is true. I mean, let's call a spade a spade. Let me tell you something, the rate at which most Nigerian-bred men defile their women and girls in Nigeria is very worrisome. From the paedophiles who defile and rob female children as young as 2 years old of their innocence to the male neighbors, mechanics, houseboys, etc who sexu.ally harass and defile teenagers to the lecturers who force their female students to sleep with them or else they will fail them intentionally to the male corpers who are sent to secondary schools to teach and rather go there and sleep with their female students sometimes getting them pregnant to the typical Nigerian male employer who sees nothing wrong in making sex.ua.l advances towards his female staff both single and married and if they refuse, they are terminated of their employment.

The truth of the matter is that the average Nigerian-bred male is a shameless pervert who has no control over his sex.ual urge and that is why infidelity is so high in the average Nigerian marriage and also the reason why HIV/AIDS is very prevalent in Nigeria. I have female cousins in my family who were sex.ua.lly molested by Nigerian men in Nigeria when they were less than 10 years old. Most of you Nigerian-bred males have turned your women into ashawos and/or marriage desperados. Many of you have no atom of respect for females. I blame both the Nigerian woman and man for this. The woman is still the primary care taker of children. At least, in Nigeria she is. So, what does that say about the Nigerian woman and the kind of upbringing she is giving her sons? sons that grow up someday and defile and/or oppress members of her gender. What does that say about the Nigerian-bred male as well and how he chooses to raise his sons and the example he is setting for them?

Nigeria is indeed a terrible place to be in as a female from my personal observation. As a father, I will not raise my girl child in such a toxic society like Nigeria. it is no wonder so many Nigerian-bred males are languishing in jail in the western world for sex-related offenses. They think they are in Nigeria where anything goes and where they get away with their sick behavior. As for the female Nigerian bankers, they should be careful because they ought to know that they work in a country where the odds are stacked against them. I'm out!

If the women had stayed at home to take care of the children and the home we will not be needing this your SERMON. Men also have their role to play, but a failed child is a product of a failed home and a failed home is a product of a failed MOTHERHOOD.

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by ddeola: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2013
This is not professional, it is simply modern day slavery. The table will surely turn and all those messing with the lives of Nigerians will "NEVER AGAIN" be able to take them for a ride because they have the backing of some corrupt and incompetent leaders. Naija will surely rise again! This giant will surely awake and take her place in the committee of nations.

God punish anybody wey dey toy with the lives of Nigerians, God punish dem...
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by RoadLord: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2013
Built2last: Some one should tell me this is a lie.

This is a lie.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 07, 2013
dasparrow:

why generalising? And where is your statistics that placed female molestation highher that male? You see my problem with you Nigerian female is, you get too emotional and quick to lose your sense of belonging owing to few adulterated facts you lay your hands on. I'm male and a victim of molestation as well, infact twice by females old enough to be my aunt. This is not something to be proud of, I know a lot of guys who have been molested but are very shy or feel awkward saying it out. Is it because they don't come display it openly, do you know how that affected me psychologically and otherwise? Why are you quick at protecting yourself. I still have my class teacher when I was in SS1 make advances at me, what do you make of that? We still have female who can't respect themselves rather throw themselves cheaply at us(male). Respect is always earned. I remember during my internship in one of the ministry. I see how married women fight for younger newly recruited interns. We don't always get these on paper for you to read because an average man is emotionally stronger than women. Just watch the way you direct words at men, you don't have to be loosed mouthed and raise abusive words at men just to pass your point.

3 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Ralphlauren(m): 9:44am On Oct 07, 2013
dasparrow:

From the paedophiles who defile and rob female children as young as 2 years old of their innocence to the male neighbors, mechanics, houseboys, etc who sexu.ally harass and defile teenagers The truth of the matter is that the average Nigerian-bred male is a shameless pervert who has no control over his sex.ual urge

you are typing ABSOLUTE NONSENSE.

it is a undisputable facte that when it comes to the numbers of paedophiles and child molesters languishing in jails abroad, the WHITE MEN (oyinbo) are number one. what about all the child molestation images all over the internet? THE WHITE MEN ARE NUMBER ONE WHEN IT COMES TO DOWNLOADING, UPLOADING AND SHARING THESE IMAGES

I WILL TRUST MY CHILD WITH A NIGERIAN MAN OVER A BRITISH MAN ANYDAY ANYTIME.

not only do they molest these kids but in some cases, they kill them as well. they are many documented cases of teachers molesting kids in schools abroad, some even running off with teenagers to continue their love affairs, etc.

another nationality that carries the top prize for this are the Asians (pakistani men). they are known for grooming underaged girls

read up on the jimmy savile scandal, april jones murder.

2 Likes

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by IdeyVex1(m): 9:53am On Oct 07, 2013
Hmmmmm............. The tragedy of our times. I am surprised though because most of the commenters on this thread do not seem to know what is happening currently.
A friend who just started training with access bank was asked to either get 10 accounts worth 2.5million and each account must be a minimum of 250k or 1 fixed deposit worth 6 million!!! She was lucky to have a relative who was able to provide her 6 million for the fixed deposit.
That is the level at which access is currently. Really debasing!!!!

1 Like

Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Sirnokiopee(m): 9:55am On Oct 07, 2013
is so pathetic .. after what our politician are doing to us, ASUU strike and many more, someone somewhere just because She/he think they have power or let me say sense/brain/smart/intelligent, will sit in the comfort of their offices and strategies how to humiliate the masses/staff in the name of selfish image/career building,personally financial gain and pure devilish act of devil. Am so furious/angry/mad reading what a lady (Bolaji Agbede) for that matter, did or doing and nobody is doing anything about it. this are reason why jungle justice will continue to happen in Nigeria. Am sorry but if am affected i would have done something. if i cant kill her myself (make it look like an accident #hit a with my car) then i pay people to teach a lesson and leave note to change her ways. or better still just death text messages will do the magic ( will just make sure life wont be rosy for her. she must have some fear everywhere she goes until she change her ways.
just thinking aloud

Boss13: Why is Segun fafore lying? Despite the fact that he is a good friend of mine, his public statement is nothing but a dirty lie.

Let me break it down. What I say is the truth. Access bank came up with a deposit strategy 3 years ago called OPERATION JUST CAUSE (OJC). The strategy initially was to grow it's retail customer base. Each staff was asked to go open 450 accounts. Those who met their target on or before December 31st 2011 were given N100,000. Those who did not meet their target were persuaded to go meet their target. It was also a pre-requisite for those who were due for promotion.

I know Segun fafore is a nairalander and I want him to deny this story. I understand he is doing his job by protecting the bank's public image but what I just explained is the truth. Bolaji Agbede is the huge reason there is poor staff welfare in Access bank. She needs to leave because she has built an empire in the bank. There are so many atrocities that this same woman has caused. From non/little remittance of tax liabilities of staff income tax to tax authorities to no medical/health insurance of staff. She is a sadist, little wonder she is not married.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Nobody: 9:58am On Oct 07, 2013
AjanleKoko: I don't understand this story.

Thank you jare. Begin with the end in mind. The first principle. Gtb hiring standards must be falling if these are the people making it into their traing school.
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by Ralphlauren(m): 9:59am On Oct 07, 2013
oyb:

Thank you jare. Begin with the end in mind. The first principle. Gtb hiring standards must be falling if these are the people making it into their traing school.

What about the verbal and emotional abuse they are subjected to during the training? is that acceptable as well?
Re: Access Bank demands N1M For Employment, GTB Asks For Obituaries. by nex(m): 10:02am On Oct 07, 2013
It is really sad, but it is all these that will eventually lead to the downfall of these banks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

This Is The Best Way To Answer When An Interviewer Says ‘tell Me About Yourself’ / How To Apply For Nigerian Prisons Service Recruitment 2018 / N-Power: Sadiya Farooq's Message To Batch A And B Beneficiaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.