Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,939 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! (14033 Views)

Budgetgate And The 2 Trillion Fraud / Ten Places Buhari Can Get A Trillion Naira Within 90days In Office / Andy Uba Declared Asset To Be Worth Over A Trillion Naira (quite Alarming) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by willibounce: 6:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
After all d noise wey una go make for here, ya'll stil go back to ur normal docile mood and say the usual ' God go judge them' This ppl know una already
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by IGBOSON1: 6:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
autchman144: blistering barnacles!

^^^You're a Tin-Tin fan as well? smiley
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by taharqa: 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
theshadyexpress:
@taharqa pls don't waste ur precious replying that 'born-to-be-a-fool' of creature.he is not yet 40 and he's already exhibiting this level of maga stupidity.
I like reminding small IJIOTS of what they reali are at times...
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by ennon92(m): 7:34pm On Oct 08, 2013
theshadyexpress:
guy how many times will I tell you they government is not spending one naira on this project,it is going to be 100% private sector driven,government will only provide the land.
can u c urself, a gullible fellow calling another person gullible. U need not to imbibe those trashes u listen to... FG can go d extra mile just to deceive ur type. That blueprint of theirs is just a mere camouflage. U can't be 100% percent sure it gonna be driven by private sector.
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by ogbronx(m): 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
theshadyexpress:
why are nairalanders so gullible that they comment without reading, well let me take it in my strides to put you out of your misery.
1)the project is wholly private sector funded I.e fog is not spending N1 on it.
2.it is going to create jobs for over 30000 Nigerians on completion in ten Year's time.
3)it is going to be a residential but largely an industrial setting like the eko Atlantic city.

3)fg will only provide land and technical support for the project.

4.it is going to place Nigeria as indeed a true leader in Africa.

so please I will implore my fellow nairalanders to please read beyond the headlines that can sometimes be misleading and also do a comprehensive research on the subject before commenting so that people won't regard your views as bias.
fresh air to y'all,see pics
mumu! Anothet BH target in the making
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by topazjosh(m): 9:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Warri _Pikin:

Bros,
Erhhen, dey dia dey wait for me.
Na me go talk for una? Una no get mouth?

My concern na Delta State first,then other parts of the South. Upon say north don use local governments and number of states corner all the national resources, the little in the hands of Federal Government to develop the whole Nigeria,they still wan corner am put for only north. Una dey see am,una no wan tok. If na to fight useless Ibo vs. Yoruba e-war wey no get meaning,una go carry first.

You see North dey use wayo dey cheat us blind like say we be e.diots, una dey still talk yeye PDP vs. APC jargon?
1000 likes bro
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by topazjosh(m): 9:20pm On Oct 08, 2013
Warri _Pikin: [size=18pt]The centenary celebration we want is stable,constant and cheap electricity,pipe borne drinking water in all the state capitals and at least 3 cities in every state, very good dual carriage federal highways across Nigeria and a mass housing program to alleviate the housing deficits across the country.

We don't want any useless centenary village in Abuja where the rich will insulate themselves further from the problems of mass poverty they have created by their corruption.

In any case, if a super modern village needs to be created at all, it should definitely be in the Niger Delta region and NOT the north again. Since FESTAC was built in the South west-Lagos and the rest of any other major project in nigeria have been in the north- abuja, it is time that something is built in the Niger Delta that produce all the wealth to give us a sense of belonging too.
[/size]
nice one,@least centenary project should be in all geo political zone,either is govt or PP financed project.
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by ugo4u: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
Confused nation ASUU, ASUP, NMA r on strike yet d government say no money but de r lavishing our resources on mere jamboree mtcheeew shake my head.
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by suremanpatriot: 9:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
Totally misplaced priority. If u want us to support it, just divide d money give ASUU its N2trillion to save our education which is d lifeblood of our economy via capacity building , pay all pensioners their arrears to able give elderly blessings to Nigeria , give security psnnl more support to perform more and use remaining N10million to prepare eagle square and other stadia for the cente cente centenarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by suremanpatriot: 9:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
I hope N3.2trillion jamboree is not true but if it confirmed
suremanpatriot: it is totally a misplaced priority. If they want us to play along, just divide d money and give ASUU N2trillion to save our education which is d lifeblood of our economy via capacity building , pay all pensioners their arrears to have the energy to give their elderly blessings to Nigeria as senior citizens, give security psnnl more support to energize them to perform more better and use the remaining N10million to prepare eagle square and other stadia for the cente cente centenarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by Williamso(m): 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Symphony007: They always claim to partner with the private sector to build frevolous rubbish, but they never partner with the private sector to eradicate poverty or provide basic aminities. Lairs!!

Sorry Mr Symphony007, but can anybody tell you how to spend your hard earned money? Or who to spend it with? You as an individual are in the private sector, likewise the investing companies, and thus, same applies to them.

This project will create not less than 10,000 jobs and, though infinitesimal compared to the unemployed populace, if this isn't poverty eradication I wonder what is (FG-Private sector partnership).

Again, the privatization of electricity (which happens to be a basic amenity just in case you forgot) is also a FG-Private sector partnership.

Thank you
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by Williamso(m): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2013
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! FG HAD AN AGREEMENT WITH ASUU, NOT PRIVATE SECTOR COMPANIES (THAT ARE FUNDING THE PROJECT 100%)!!!! JEEZ........ IF A HIGH POPULATION OF NAIRALANDERS CAN'T EVEN UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY READ (OR BLATANTLY CHOOSE TO IGNORE IT), HOW DO YOU EXPECT TO GET JOBS? THEN YOU'LL STILL BLAME ASUU FOR THAT SMH
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by Nobody: 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
The Centennary City is being designed to accommodate 100,000 residents.
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by blackbeau1(f): 9:47am On Oct 09, 2013
the Nigerian government does not care about what its citizens are going through.imagine sourcing for trillions of naira to build a centenary village that only the rich will afford to live in.isnt that selfishness @ its peak? abi,is there anyone that can assure me that the poor will be able to afford those houses? and at the end of the day,they will tell us that theres no money in the purse when we make demands.
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by RileyFreeman(m): 2:50pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by RileyFreeman(m): 2:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by Horus(m): 2:15am On Oct 18, 2014
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by mex004(m): 3:39am On Oct 18, 2014
donphilopus:
This Money should be used to eradicate Poverty, how can they use such an amount of Money to celebrate? When about 70% of the population or so is suffering

Why are u so dull?
Didn't u read the post before commenting?
The Centenary Village would
be wholly financed by the private
sector.
Re: 3.2 Trillion Naira For Centenary Village! by mex004(m): 3:49am On Oct 18, 2014
DaLover:
The number of daft people on this thread is alarming, even after it was bolder stated that it is going to be private sector driven, people still choose to believe otherwise...
Is it possible for the govt to spend 3.2trn without being budgeted by the FG and passed by National Assembly?
It's now easy to see why people cannot understand simple government policy directions..

Thank u for the observation.
Calling them daft is an understatement
These are probably graduates

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Falana: Buhari Can Confer Honour On Any Nigerian — Dead Or Alive / Femi Adesina: Buhari Satisfied With Performance Of Ex-service Chiefs / Boko Haram Attacks Kwapre, Adamawa, Kills 5 People, Kidnaps Many Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.