Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? (22162 Views)

Fighting Your Fears / Eliminate Your Doubts And Fears About Love / What Are Your Fears As A Goodlooking Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:35pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ishsoph:
50Cal abeg save your breath.
Ayaf tried
You need to read the back and forth post between me and him.

We give up, in the words of yuzedo! cheesy

grin

Nwokem.. Dont blame me.. Blame the circumstances of my birth society.. grin

But seriously, I want 6 kids sha.. I understand all your fears and I believe that the least of my owrries if the Love I will show them. I am more concerned about the finances involved in raising children in our present economy.. With private schools tution now as high as 300,000 - 1,000,000 sef for just kindergarten education, talkless of Nursery, Primary, Secondary and Uni..

If I get like 1 billion Dollars now in a Jackpot.. grin Not even the gods can deny me my half dozen children o! grin

Imagine having 6 children to send message.. grin

Chi-Chi!! Go and buy me shuff from Iya Karos shop. Anayo!! Go and dress my room. Ebere.. Go to the shop and bring me the salesbook for yesterday. Okafor!!! Go and wash my car. Apollos! go to the bank and deposit the money from yesterdays sales..

Where is Alphonsus!!! angry Stand here and wait while I think of the message to send you! grin

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2013
I don't want to make a mistake. I don't want to marry the wrong person. It scares me a lot
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Justiceenams(m): 4:38pm On Oct 08, 2013
Am scared of sex and am a guy that wouldnt want to be cheated on.
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Okijajuju1(m): 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
mz mariah: I don't want to make a mistake. I don't want to marry the wrong person. It scares me a lot

Unfortunately, scientists are yet to invent a device that can detect the perfect partner.. So what would you do?!

Stay single?!

Thats why the oyinbos invented Divorce..
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by larrymoore(m): 4:48pm On Oct 08, 2013
Notin but the fear of midnit test-running the engine, I don't joke wit my sleep kee.
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Oct 08, 2013
.........that I have to wake up every morning to see his face. I have no choice, he is always in my house and on my bed, argh!

.........that he will begin to disgust me for no good reason.

.........that I will want my personal space and time so bad, I might do things to hurt my marriage

.........that I will stop being enough for him sexxualy

.........that he'll die and I'll be left all alone with the kids and stuff

.........that I might not be vulnerable enough or open myself up enough and it might hurt the marriage

.........that he might hurt me a lil too much one day and I'll never be myself again

.........that I'll fall in love with another dude and stay in the marriage only out of duty

Actually, I just realized I'm not as fearful of marriage as I thought I was. All my fears could be worked on, I hope undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Matthewbriggs(m): 5:02pm On Oct 08, 2013
Nothing really my parents have proved to me that marriage is indeed beautiful. They've set the benchmark and example for me to improve upon.

I use to be afraid that I'll marry the the wrong person but I discovered my footsteps are ordered by God and so far my life to this point has been ordained by him.

I use to be afraid that'll I fall out of love and cheat on her due to the numerous transformation her body will go through over time due to child birth and stress. But I have to come realize that beauty is just a skin deep and the real value of a woman is her companionship and the beauty that eminates from her soul. Presently when I like a lady I usually picture her at different stages of her life, pregnacy, child birth, monopause, even till old age. The more I do, the more I get to fall in love.

I think long term . Because I believe the future belongs to those who see it.
Therefore I am hustling hard against the future I see, preparing my mind, soul and pocket for Mrs. Matthew. As a a helpless romantic, I can't wait to to shower her with love, I can't wait for our romantic vacation, waking up to see her face, the surprise birthday parties I'll host for her, the exquisite dishes I will learn how to cook just to surprise her. I can't wait to have her as my beautiful distraction, a face I come home to after facing the stress of managing my multi billion dollar business empire.

I fantasize about Matthew jnr, he's first day at school, steps I will take to always be there for him and various father- son discussion I'll have with him in a bid to prepare him for this world. I can't wait to to welcome my Ada, to to become her first love, setting the bar high for her prince charming and helping as she navigates through life.

I also imagine the quarrels and the fights me and my Mrs will have, I am practising my three magic words "baby am sorry" and learning how not to allow my ego cloud my sense of of judgement.

I am not afraid of marriage, Instead look forward to it. As I do am learning to put my body under my subjection, to comtrol my desires and with shears I prune out every selfishness to implant selflessness.

I know when the time is ripe the constellations will fall in place, the sun will stand still, and the rings of destiny shall trade hands.

Till then I live my life building my dreams... One day at a time.

#Matthew Briggs.

8 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Ngokafor(f): 5:17pm On Oct 08, 2013
Awwww!..@Mathew B nice one and may God grant you your hearts desire.Your future wife is a lucky lady cos you'll make a good husband.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by k2039: 5:28pm On Oct 08, 2013
notinmege:

May God Almighty pour his grace upon you, strengthens you and bless you with a peaceful marriage simply because of your truthfulness, Amen!
AMEN AMEN AMEN
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by k2039: 5:51pm On Oct 08, 2013
Mynd_44: Why fear when I can always opt out?
Marriage done turn molue gringringringringringrin
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Mynd44: 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
k2039: Marriage done turn molue gringringringringringrin
The truth is that people can't be trusted to remain the same and a lot of em pretend during courtship.

Thank God for the people who invented divorcegringringrin
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by gal10(f): 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
Matthew briggs: Nothing really my parents have proved to me that marriage is indeed beautiful. They've set the benchmark and example for me to improve upon.

I use to be afraid that I'll marry the the wrong person but I discovered my footsteps are ordered by God and so far my life to this point has been ordained by him.

I use to be afraid that'll I fall out of love and cheat on her due to the numerous transformation her body will go through over time due to child birth and stress. But I have to come realize that beauty is just a skin deep and the real value of a woman is her companionship and the beauty that eminates from her soul. Presently when I like a lady I usually picture her at different stages of her life, pregnacy, child birth, monopause, even till old age. The more I do, the more I get to fall in love.

I think long term . Because I believe the future belongs to those who see it.
Therefore I am hustling hard against the future I see, preparing my mind, soul and pocket for Mrs. Matthew. As a a helpless romantic, I can't wait to to shower her with love, I can't wait for our romantic vacation, waking up to see her face, the surprise birthday parties I'll host for her, the exquisite dishes I will learn how to cook just to surprise her. I can't wait to have her as my beautiful distraction, a face I come home to after facing the stress of managing my multi billion dollar business empire.

I fantasize about Matthew jnr, he's first day at school, steps I will take to always be there for him and various father- son discussion I'll have with him in a bid to prepare him for this world. I can't wait to to welcome my Ada, to to become her first love, setting the bar high for her prince charming and helping as she navigates through life.

I also imagine the quarrels and the fights me and my Mrs will have, I am practising my three magic words "baby am sorry" and learning how not to allow my ego cloud my sense of of judgement.

I am not afraid of marriage, Instead look forward to it. As I do am learning to put my body under my subjection, to comtrol my desires and with shears I prune out every selfishness to implant selflessness.

I know when the time is ripe the constellations will fall in place, the sun will stand still, and the rings of destiny shall trade hands.

Till then I live my life building my dreams... One day at a time.

#Matthew Briggs.
awww, this is so beautiful... was almost crying... good to know there are still men who think like this!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by dmcdad: 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2013
Billyonaire: You are unfaithful, woman also is unfaithful. This is because life itself is unfaithful. Prepare for heartbreaks and take the giant step, expect unfaithfulness and be happy if you dont get to know cos it happens.
And what makes you think I am the unfaithful kind? Or are you among those that believe that all men are seemingly unfaithful? And why would I accept unfaithfulness when I know for sure I wouldn't do such to her?

Anywayz, its life and I have trained myself to expect the unexpected. Buh, I'd rather remain single for life that face a wife that is unfaithful with me. That's just me nywayz.
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Jbluv55(m): 6:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
ogugua88: Fear of the unknown. Will it be happy? Will it be complicated? Will it fail? It's that next huge chapter in life, and you don't know what it looks like. You hear advice and stories from others who are there or been there, but they're not even that pertinent as every couple and marriage is different. Plus there are bills, possibly preparing for children, and all sorts of pressures to worry about. It makes you wonder if you could ever be ready.

All you can do is put to use all that you've learned in life, and have faith in yourself and your partner... and make sure you marry for love. cheesy
@bolded Lovely advice but when you do get married, for the ladies,in the words of Stella Damasus and I quote:
make sure you keep your husband sexually satisfied.....
and you can find many more tips on keeping your man wanting you more and more here(www.nairaland.com/1466146/x-everything-stella-damasus-aboderin#18588454).

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by k2039: 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Mynd_44:
The truth is that people can't be trusted to remain the same and a lot of em pretend during courtship.

Thank God for the people who invented divorcegringringrin

I agree.

Every human on earth has both potential to behave as a saint and as a swine. Though which one is actualised is a product of choice and not conditions. But in a world where most people are controlled by just feelings, then it's likely people will change with time afterall their feelings won't always remain thesame.

In summary, a good man can turn bad and a bad woman can turn good.

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by rash47(m): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
My only fears; I av a blunt vision of it, I don't a clear picture. The lord is my strength
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by elrony(m): 6:42pm On Oct 08, 2013
My only fear when it comes to marriage is actually the "fear of getting married"... cry

[size=4pt]God better help me o[/size]
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Matthewbriggs(m): 6:50pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ngokafor: Awwww!..@Mathew B nice one and may God grant you your hearts desire.Your future wife is a lucky lady cos you'll make a good husband.

Amen.
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by chineloSA(f): 7:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
sanniemoe: I fear if I would ever get married. Dont even have a gf,mean not dated anyone in like 2years...
I'm not the very patient type and I hold on to things alot,especially words that reminds me of ugly past..
I fear I might not be good enough
I fear being broke in marriage
I fear any situation that can lead to divorce
I fear greed
I fear crowd ( I HATE CROWD with a passion)

A live in lover is fine by me for now but marriage is a no no no at this point. ...

@ Sanniemoe really there are similarities between our fear,

I pray I work on mine, they are crippling me big time. smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nicepoker(m): 7:39pm On Oct 08, 2013
sexymoma: Giving Birth, Cooking for someone else, Everyday s3x.
ur husby wil give birth 2 ur kids
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nicepoker(m): 7:40pm On Oct 08, 2013
sexymoma: Giving Birth, Cooking for someone else, Everyday s3x.
ur husby wil give birth 2 ur kids cook 4 u. And have se3 outside
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Adex097: 7:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
So many that I can't even list them
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Caracta(f): 8:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
Matthew briggs:

Amen.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
I should stop being a hater and like Mathew Briggs' post. The dude is a hopeless romantic. (in a good way)

1 Like

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by wonderfulson: 8:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Fear of marrying someone else wife fear of having a wayward children and fear of living in a frustrated marriage and fear of becoming a divorceé
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Matthewbriggs(m): 8:21pm On Oct 08, 2013
Wu Zetian: I should stop being a hater and like Mathew Briggs' post. The dude is a hopeless romantic. (in a good way)

Hehehe wink
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by chi2012(f): 8:22pm On Oct 08, 2013
No fears at all... I mean what is there to fret about' its a life time journey' face it with confidence and enjoy it while it lasts cheesy
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2013
Never to find THE ONE
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by dasparrow: 8:31pm On Oct 08, 2013
emmezzy: if these are your reasons,then u not a woman.

Why would you say that to her? You think that it is every woman that enjoys someone ramming something as hard as an erect p8nis into her private part all the time? Or you think there are no risks involved in child birth? Do you know how many Nigerian women loose their lives yearly during child birth? You think all women are passionate about spending hours on their tired feet slaving away in the kitchen?

Let's face it, marriage does not benefit the woman most times. I wonder why ladies allow themselves to be talked into that modern day slavery known as marriage especially Nigerian/African marriages where the woman is instantaneously transformed into a baby making machine, a glorified housemaid and sex machine with no voice of her own and who has to tolerate all her husband's excesses and infidelity. None of my female kids will marry from Nigeria/Africa. I don't want them to start looking older than their age once they get married.

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by vital1: 9:08pm On Oct 08, 2013
Marriage is one of the most important stage in life that a̶̲̥̅♏ looking forward 2 see. But seriously the fear of being cheat on, having a partner that does not want 2 sacrifice much, I mean trying 2 avoid responsibilities all in the name of having project. This thought is really killing me softly by d day. But I a̶̲̥̅♏ trusting God for a good happy home because I know wit him all things are possible.
Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 08, 2013
dasparrow:

Why would you say that to her? You think that it is every woman that enjoys someone ramming something as hard as an erect p8nis into her private part all the time? Or you think there are no risks involved in child birth? Do you know how many Nigerian women loose their lives yearly during child birth? You think all women are passionate about spending hours on their tired feet slaving away in the kitchen?

Let's face it, marriage does not benefit the woman most times. I wonder why ladies allow themselves to be talked into that modern day slavery known as marriage especially Nigerian/African marriages where the woman is instantaneously transformed into a baby making machine, a glorified housemaid and sex machine with no voice of her own and who has to tolerate all her husband's excesses and infidelity. None of my female kids will marry from Nigeria/Africa. I don't want them to start looking older than their age once they get married.
In as much as we all have fears, including myself, which I think is normal for all humans, marriage is still a worthwhile venture, and most times I wish and pray to be fortunate enough like my parents and some of my siblings who found their true half/partner.

So to say, @desparrow, pls not all women look horrible in marriage, at least many that I know are very happy and bubbling in their marriagesmiley

My mother is looking even sexier and happier by the day in her own marriage and she did more than all those things- cooking, pampering all her kids n husband plus in-laws, working hard to earn her own money still and making sure there is peace all around her.

Today she is close to 70 but still look 30something and very happy. She has won uncountable awards in my own church and in others plus community awards too.

Funny enough, she didn't even went to university but she is very intelligent and even more than most uni graduates.

My sister is married too and she's happier, sexier, etc in marriage than before. 2 of my sister-in-laws are getting prettier and happier by the day in their marriage, except 1 who lost her hubby recently out of her carelessness and stubborn attitudes which she's now regretting.

In fact, I do envy 2 of my sister-in-laws and their hubbies, my elder bros...they are so lucky and I pray daily to be as lucky as them or luckier in my own marriage.

Pls let's try and be looking up to those wonderful married people around us and not looking just at those that failed and the things we read or watch on tv and other media platforms.

So pls let's stop painting marriage as one evil thing cos many people, many Nigerians are happier in marriage than when single, and let's also stop comparing western marriages to Nigerian marriages cos they are never the same, and our cultures aren't the same too.

I have attended 3 weddings this year as a bestman, and I can tell u that I was jealous and wished to be like them...but not all is fortunate enough with love, etc...I know God will send me the right and deserving partner too cos my hands are so clean.

So pls and pls...let's stop painting marriage evil. I have my fears like I stated earlier, but still, marriage is very sweet...just be good, start now to offload all those western beliefs and norms that u know would mar your marriage.

Don't be scared of childbirth cos of childbirth issues u hear/read, God will give u a safe child delivery, believe that.

Don't be scared of the kitchen cos u hear or read many ladies complain abt cooking...or u hear a celebrity complain...that's them, be unique...cooking is part of your pride as a woman just as making money and providing for the family is a pride of a man.

As for sex...most men even get tired of sex during marriage cos most get to engaged in so many businesses and hustling to make more money n build empire...so expect less of it instead of bothering.

In summary, let's not allow our fears about marriage destroy our ambition for marriage cos marriage is sweet.

Don't ever pray or wish to remain single for life, it sucks!!!

I used to think that in the past, but may God forgive me and give me sweet marriage.

Let's all strive to be good as guys or ladies and make this world a sweet place for all.

This life is sweet, very sweet if u take it easy, love yourself and others...live in peace with everyone and wish no one evil.

Goodnight friendssmiley

2 Likes

Re: What Are Your Fears About Marriage ? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
Marrying a friend am compartible with and not a stranger am infatuated with....no fears.grin

but child birthcry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend On An Airplane After 7 Years (video) / Nairalander's Pre Wedding Pictures / Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.