Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,247 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument (22163 Views)

Drama As Guy Received Multiple Slaps From A Girl At OAU / Guys, What Will You Do If This Chic Slaps Your Girl? (Photo) / When You Propose And She Slaps You & Reacts This Way (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by Greatpeter(m): 7:33pm On May 23, 2005
Original Title: What will you do if your lover suddenly slaps you over a matter ensued by argument

Ladies and gentlemen,

What will you do if your lover suddenly slapped you over a matter which heralded by an argument? Let me know how you will handle the situation!
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by mamba(m): 8:10pm On May 23, 2005
I'll turn the other cheek grin
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by Greatpeter(m): 8:58pm On May 23, 2005
Mamba,
Plz be realistic. I know it is uncommon in our land, Africa.
Anyway, that is what you are up to.Let's assume but I need someone to tailor this issue.[move][/move]
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by Ka: 11:20pm On May 23, 2005
Greatpeter:

Mamba,
Plz be realistic. I know it is uncommon in our land, Africa.
Anyway, that is what you are up to.Let's assume but I need someone to tailor this issue

Are you looking for a specific answer here, Greatpeter?

Anyway, I would just get up and walk out of the room, and I would keep to myself until my anger had cooled enough for me to say how terribly hurt and offended I felt that she had so little respect for me so little that she could slap me.

3 Likes

Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by Allenpowered(m): 7:36am On May 24, 2005
Damn!Well being the gentleman i presume i am tongue, I'll probably just walk away...abegee, I no be agbero to dey fight woman. But I think that would probably end the relationship, who knows, the next time it could be a pestle on my head grin. I don't think there is anything I'll do or say to warrant a slap...that is abuse!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by Pinky(f): 8:20am On May 24, 2005
i would walk away from his sight..... that's enough for him to know how terribly hurt i am... i know he will realise his mistakes & come back begging.... but to be candid, if i still dig him, i would forgive him.. it costs nothing to forgive...
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by tayotina(f): 12:06pm On May 24, 2005
I would just walk away  cry
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by Ra(f): 12:12pm On May 24, 2005
I'll do you one better; if I'm unfortunate enough to date a guy who even attempts (raises his fist and barely manages to control himself) to slap or hit me............ we are H I S T O R Y!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by mamba(m): 12:27pm On May 24, 2005
Everyone seems to be walking away grin like Craig David

Ra:

I'll do you one better; if I'm unfortunate enough to date a guy who even attempts (raises his fist and barely manages to control himself) to slap or hit me............ we are H I S T O R Y!!!
What if it was your husband and not just a lover, would it still be HISTORY?

1 Like

Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by legry(m): 2:21pm On May 24, 2005
I'll look her dead in the eye, since I'll probably be taller than her I'll be looking down on her. I'll let her see the devil's anger in me, a sound I won't make and once I see the fear in her eyes cause then she really wouldnt be sure of what I'll be capable off, I'll turn round and walk away just like the Undertaker. cool cool cool

ABEG O, I be terminator.
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by solo2(m): 3:53pm On May 24, 2005
I will just walk away without a word, and never will he/she hear any thing from me about the matter.
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by bolasho(m): 4:12pm On May 24, 2005
My lover slaps me....... well i hope it wont happen but if it happens, I will simply work out of the room, and though i may forgive her, i will stay away from her for at least two weeks.. i will make sure i wont pick her calls.... In short i will make her realise how bad i am b4 taking her back.
And if it happens that we are married, i will not eat her food, sleep on the same bad with her and i will not talk to her for two weeks.
I still prays it never happens
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by Chigszy(f): 7:17pm On May 24, 2005
First of all he dares not slap me! But if he does I will hit him back and my back is all he is going to be looking at after that, unless he comes crawling back and asking for forgiveness. And make sure that he means it!

It is not manly for a man to hit a woman; it shows weakness and no proper training. Unacceptable!
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by hotpikin(f): 9:38pm On May 24, 2005
Greatpeter:

Original Title: What will you do if your lover suddenly slaps you over a matter ensued by argument

Ladies and gentlemen,

What will you do if your lover suddenly slapped you over a matter which heralded by an argument? Let me know how you will handle the [I]situation[/I]!
slap am back...simple and short, shey? grin
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by kodewrita(m): 5:08pm On May 25, 2005
@Greatpeter I would advise you to make it known to her that you don't like it and that it doesn't bode well for her in future (unless she can beat you up without a sweat , then i advise you to smile, thank her and run.) If she slaps you now, she might throw plates and pots in future or worse she will tear up your most loved article of clothing (in public)
. U also haven't told us whether you were at fault and whether it was a crime that deserved a slap like she caught in flagrante delicto with her best friend (in that case she sould pour boiling water on both your tired selves).

@everyone else. that would not happen to me cos i am someone who is quite reserved by nature but anyone around me male or female always recognizes that fact that behind the glove is a fist and that i can be raving mad when i want to. its all about establishing boundaries. This things start progressively, she starts with tapping you during arguments, then pushing, then slapping, later beating,biting and the throwing of missiles (for men, after pushing they move to slapping, punching and then the ultimate , kicking)

1 Like

Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by tender: 6:45pm On May 25, 2005
Well, I I'll simply tell him off because it could be a blow the next time.
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by dominobaby(f): 11:14am On May 26, 2005
I have not been slaped before and he dares not slap me. What for? He's got to seriously control his rage or else if he could just slap for an argument, who knows what will be next? It is not humane for a man to raise his hand to
hit a woman, under any circumstance!

Well, if an argument ensued and he actually slaps me - [I]men, I can't imagine that[/I] - I could just walk away angry and hurt and forgive him (after he has genuinely apologized). Or that might just be it because I just can't condone such.

By the way,
kodewrita:
@everyone else. anyone around me male or female always recognizes that fact that behind the glove is a fist and that I can be raving mad when I want to.
That's quite scary. lipsrsealed
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by delarontus(f): 11:21am On May 26, 2005
A slap is a prelude to a punch and much more. That relationship is over for good. If its a husband, leave the house for a break.
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by legry(m): 5:42pm On May 26, 2005
arghhhhhhhh emi ke baba alaye, emi last man standing,arghhhhhhh makanaki fun re, wo a ma da rough ni o, arghhhhh emi alaye baba
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by mamba(m): 10:04pm On May 26, 2005
I'll starve/deprive her of sex for one month.
She'll come back begging and I'm sure she'll never try it again lai lai
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by Seun(m): 10:15pm On May 26, 2005
Mamba, the course of action you have described above ("starving her of sex"wink is tantamount to self-punishment. The person you are starving of sex would be yourself, because I am quite sure that there there is no girl in this continent who loves sex as much as you do!
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by hotpikin(f): 3:34pm On May 27, 2005
seun:

Mamba, the course of action you have described above ("starving her of sex"wink is tantamount to self-punishment. The person you are starving of sex would be yourself, because I am quite sure that there there is no girl [I]in this continent[/I] who loves sex as much as you do!
lol!!!
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by DEwiseman(m): 4:00pm On May 27, 2005
Nobody in his or her normal sense should hit the other person in relationship with him or her, however provoke he or she is. It is a question of self control. what happens if the persons slumps and is "quater dead"?
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by CimonJorr(m): 6:42pm On May 27, 2005
This is really a funny topic...

No one so far has bothered to ask what the motivation for the initial assult was.. whether it was by provocation or unwarranted.. [because we all know say women-them all get hot tempers...]

Suffice it to say that in all of this, we're just being typical Nigerians by looking for the cure and not the cause...

That having been said, the truth is that if a man raises his hand to a woman, he would most likely cause permanent damage, to talk less of maybe actually taking a life.. tongue

As a man, there is no other option but to walk away... Does one want murder on one's hands? Whether due to provocation or not?
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by mary(f): 7:43pm On May 27, 2005
Hmmm. This is unusual now. If he slaps me, I'll just get up and leave the room. Of I know he will come and apologise.
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by kodewrita(m): 11:48am On May 28, 2005
dominobaby:

I have not been slaped before and he dares not slap me. What for? He's got to seriously control his rage or else if he could just slap for an argument, who knows what will be next? It is not humane for a man to raise his hand to
hit a woman, under any circumstance!

Well, if an argument ensued and he actually slaps me - [I]men, I can't imagine that[/I] - I could just walk away angry and hurt and forgive him (after he has genuinely apologized). Or that might just be it because I just can't condone such.

By the way,
kodewrita:
@everyone else. anyone around me male or female always recognizes that fact that behind the glove is a fist and that I can be raving mad when I want to.
That's quite scary. lipsrsealed

@Dominobaby its not scary for you to get angry at very long intervals of time. psychologists will tell you any normal individual knows that there are times you should get angry and times you should be reserved. I don't go around frowning and growling. i just smile and when neccessary i tell people exactly what i think of them or show them how i feel ( angry )

its also not humane for a woman to slap a man in the course of an argument especially in an environment like nigeria. it is more humiliating than a punch and is tatamount to asking for a beating from a less matured individual.
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by delarontus(f): 6:31pm On May 30, 2005
Its amazing how the wives cover up for them! They make up stories to cover the abuse and even defend the guys.
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by pauly(m): 12:43am On May 31, 2005
Well if Ur lover slapped u, u have no option than to ignore the slap since that is what love demand either good or bad. grin that is what the opposite sex will want cry and laugh 4 love.
Re: Your Lover Slaps You During an Argument by legry(m): 11:14am On May 31, 2005
Make sure you don't move then in a very sudden movement grab hold of her face look her in the eyes then give her a very deep kiss. Turn around take a very slow walk to the door, when you get to the door just before opening it turn around look at her tell in a whisper "goodbye". Shut the door and dont ever walk back to her again.

Wahalai if you no collect Oscar Awards my name no be legry (no forget to put Rubb on your face o, because if e swell na you know o)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

I Am Sleeping With My Blood Sister Out Of No Choice- I Need Help! / 9ja Boys In Uk Clubs / 12 June - Happy Birthday Ubunja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.