Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC (39146 Views)

El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by seanet02: 9:21pm On Oct 09, 2013
The Obi of Onitsha is the Most Barbaric and Senseless person the world have ever seen.
What a daft King he is

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by PastorOla1: 9:34pm On Oct 09, 2013
Who will say a thing and it will come to pass if God has not said so. Curse, curse less

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Erinpeyin: 9:35pm On Oct 09, 2013
malele: The flag off of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship candidate in Anambra State, Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige Tuesday kicked off without the national leader of the party, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu even as the traditional institution in Onitsha condemned the flag off on the day Onitsha was holding its Ofala festival.

Although only three governors, including Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Fayemi of Ekiti State and Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State where among other party chieftains who attended the rally, which was disrupted by a heavy down pour till after 3 pm.
Adding to that, youths in Onitsha protested against Ngige for holding their flag-off campaign on the day, Dr. Alfred Achebe, the Igwe of Onitsha was having his Ofala festival.

The Obi of Onitsha speaking at his palace, placed curse on Ngige and APC , saying his Ofala announcement was made over a year ago and wondered why APC should disrupt its sanctity.

While rounding up his Ofala festival Tuesday, the angry Obi said it was very disrespectful for a political party, in spite of the almost one year notice, to fix their rally the same day.

He angrily struck his ofor thrice on the ground and spoke in Igbo "onye mejoo ani, ochuba ya (he who goes contrary to tradition will have himself hunted).

Earlier he debunked the rumour in some quarters that he resigned as the Chairman of the Traditional Rulers Council on account of differences with Governor Obi, insisting that having been in the position for over five years that it was time for others to serve too.

He said he enjoyed good and harmonious relationship with Obi, who accorded him due respect punctuated by reciprocity. He said he was behind him in the support for Anambra North to produce the next governor in the spirit of equity and fairness.

Senator Ngige was also not spared too by Governor Obi, who condemned APC rally, expressing surprise that a true Igbo son, Dr. Chris Ngige is supposed to be, would allow his party to fix rally at Onitsha the same day the Obi of Onitsha is performing Ofala festival.

Calling on the people of the state to respect traditional institutions, he wondered if any politician, including Ngige would try such in an APC-controlled state.

Obi, who recalled that APGA shifted their rally from Tuesday, the 8th to Monday, the 7th, said a dog bears the name given it by its owner and that it behoves Igbos to stand up firmly and insist that their traditional institutions must be accorded full respect at all times.

Meanwhile, Onitsha Youths carried placards with anti APC and Ngige inscriptions, some which read: "from deportation to desecration of Igbo land!”

However, while speaking at the campaign rally, Ngige assured Anambrarians that the light will shine again. He restated that Anambra will witness a tremendous improvement within space of time in the state if returned as the state governor adding: “We are in the journey together and we shall sing and rejoice together by March 16 when the batten will shift from Obi to Ngige.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/apc-flag-obi-onitsha-places-curse-ngige
GOD MUST KILL YOU FOR POSTING COOKED LIES ON NAIRALAND.I WAS THERE AND IF SAW TINUBU WITH MY EYES..PLZ CHECK ONLINE NEWSPAPERS FOR PROOFS.

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by ochilikoko(m): 9:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Idi Amin: And who is Obi of onitsha? Does he have two heads? Why must everything about Ngige be politicized? A culti*st and ritual*ist placing a curse on an innocent man is simply the biggest joke of the century. As if the so called gods of the land are listening to him.mtcheeeeeew undecided
U re talkin out of ignorance...am in Anambra now(Onitsha precisely)Ngige only has few Okada ppl as his supporter's...
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by olorire2013: 10:03pm On Oct 09, 2013
Seriously,a lagosian aspirant will not fix a politically rally on Eyo festival day.Igwe please forgive your son Ngige,I'm sure he was too eager to start the process of turning Anambra state to a prosperous state like lagos.This is the 21st century Mr traditional ruler,onitsha is not the capital city of Anambra state.Please next time move your okalla,ofada or whatever to the interior part of the state to allow progressives to deliver the dividend of democracy to the good people of Anambra state.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Ewarrior: 10:19pm On Oct 09, 2013
obayaya:

what you forgot is that the ofala is a week long festival but Tuesday was it's peak when agbogidi makes his revered appearance..

and who told you a mammoth crowd followed Ngige? a mammoth crowd of okada men and barrow pushers looking for who will throw money at them..

the same ppl ran after ifeanyi ubas rally entourage at Tarzan and new parts.. I can authoritatively tell you that main market Onitsha didn't bulge during Ngige's rally

So can you tell me why the Obi of onitsha was so pissed that he placed a curse on Ngige??

The point remains that there were more pple at Ngige's rally than there were at the festival. Shikena
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by clint77ng: 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
person shit wan turn to another person own. Ndi yoruba leave ndi igbo and their culture alone. When has anambra election turn to yoruba election? Wonders shall never end.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by touch4mony: 10:20pm On Oct 09, 2013
Idi Amin: And who is Obi of onitsha? Does he have two heads? Why must everything about Ngige be politicized? A culti*st and ritual*ist placing a curse on an innocent man is simply the biggest joke of the century. As if the so called gods of the land are listening to him.mtcheeeeeew undecided
and who is oba of benin,lagos,alafin of oyo etc,emire of sokoto pls in as much as u respect your own custom and tradition other ppl respects theirs too.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 10:22pm On Oct 09, 2013
Eledan:

O'lboy...

In as much as I don't know and don't care to know whatever thrash you people call it....the bottom line is that it is a traditional practice that have no home in modernity.....( am using what your hypocrites use often)

You all are just bloody hypocrites including your ashebe Igwe

Yeah a man who calls his tradition thrash will often disrespect other people's, so I do not expect you to reason.

What's the use responding to hypocrites like you? Nansense... Abeg jump and pass jare...

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 10:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
Pastor Ola: Who will say a thing and it will come to pass if God has not said so. Curse, curse less

You're pastor and the Bible told you to disrespect your community leaders abi? Btw, he did not curse him...Don't forget also, the Bible said that everyone who lives by the sword will go by that same sword. Ngige disrespected and dishonored the igwe by his actions, and thus will live with the consequences.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by touch4mony: 10:26pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ewarrior:

So can you tell me why the Obi of onitsha was so pissed that he placed a curse on Ngige??

The point remains that there were more pple at Ngige's rally than there were at the festival. Shikena
where u in both place of the event or person way go tell u.its would been a pluse for nigge is he had waited for the festival to end ppl carrying out his rally he would hv gone to other places and come back to onitsha leta who do u expect the ppl u dont value their customs and traditions to vote,nigge should have knw that in terms of voting onitsha and nnewi has the highest.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 10:27pm On Oct 09, 2013
Virgin Finder:

Was I right or wrong? grin

Like duh?? Do I have to spell it out for you?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ewarrior:

The Obi did not curse him, he simply made a statement, let justice decide if he's guilty or not...

There more people at Ngige's rally, is it not common sense that Ngige used Obi's festival to hold a rally? On a normal day, he couldn't have so he hurriedly fixed the date so as to make it seem like he pulled the crowd. If he was a real campaigner, he would have done his rally on a regular day so we can the turnout. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Mmadu111: 10:38pm On Oct 09, 2013
Onitsha is just a one town in Anambra state out of hundred of other towns, so stop crucifying Ngige because there is never a way you would treat every body heartwarmly at thesame time. Ngige my Chief abeg dey front jare we follow u.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by dbride: 10:40pm On Oct 09, 2013
o'boy:
i have nufin to drag with you
was it not you who said on the other thread that you were born and bred in the north,what do possibly know about igbo people?

No doubt, you just have nothing to drag with him. So, if you were born and bred in one part of the country, you CANNOT know the culture of your people in another part of the country? You sure have something against seeking knowledge. o'boy, upgrade.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Arysexy(m): 10:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Eledan: While others are forging ahead building bridges...making alliances and building friendship across their ethnic divide....you are are doing exactly the opposite...

...and one useless village group call Ohaneze is asking for Presidency... shocked you lot behaves as if Nigeria will cease to exist after GEJ

Keep doing what you are doing.

So building bridges is in ur apc constitution, bt fashola is been breakin bridges by deportation and all his anti-igbo policies in lag, when u nid our vote so as to annex our wealth to ur criminal godfada u rmbr building briges. Bridge ndi Yoruba gbakwa oku. Na by force to force alliance with u hypocrites?

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by 1wilywily1: 10:46pm On Oct 09, 2013
Any curse from Royal fathers are deadly, Ngige should go and beg Obi Achebe before the gods become angry, Ngige should remember what happened to Awolowo when Oba of Benin Cursed him, because of Oba of Benins Curse Awolowo ended up doing a free advertisement for the perfect way to use Rat poison called Otapiapia, that was the end story of Awolowo

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Arysexy(m): 10:48pm On Oct 09, 2013
seanet02: The Obi of Onitsha is the Most Barbaric and Senseless person the world have ever seen.
What a daft King he is

Alaafin of Oyo is a bastard!

Ooni of Ife is a retard!

Oba of lagos is a m0r0n!

U hear me so?

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by 1wilywily1: 10:52pm On Oct 09, 2013
Arysexy:

Alaafin of Oyo is a bastard!

Ooni of Ife is a retard!

Oba of lagos is a m0r0n!

U hear me so?
They are all Yoruba Bastards,

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by B2mario(m): 10:57pm On Oct 09, 2013
obi :oobi ?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by biafranqueen: 11:05pm On Oct 09, 2013
manny4life:

You're pastor and the Bible told you to disrespect your community leaders abi? Btw, he did not curse him...Don't forget also, the Bible said that everyone who lives by the sword will go by that same sword. Ngige disrespected and dishonored the igwe by his actions, and thus will live with the consequences.

Nna don't mind these culture less critics.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by dbride: 11:06pm On Oct 09, 2013
olorire2013: Seriously,a lagosian aspirant will not fix a politically rally on Eyo festival day.Igwe please forgive your son Ngige,I'm sure he was too eager to start the process of turning Anambra state to a prosperous state like lagos.This is the 21st century Mr traditional ruler,onitsha is not the capital city of Anambra state.Please next time move your okalla,ofada or whatever to the interior part of the state to allow progressives to deliver the dividend of democracy to the good people of Anambra state.

From one side of your mouth you blamed Ngige and from the other side you advised the Igwe to move the festival to the interior because Onitsha is not the capital of Anambra. Why speak from both sides of your mouth? Are you not confused yourself? The man is the Obi of Onitsha for God's sake. Are you suggesting he moves to Awka or what? You just succeeded in saying +1-1=0. Go tell the Awujale to shift his festival from Ijebu Ode to Ilishan. Politicians without Wisdom!

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by biafranqueen: 11:08pm On Oct 09, 2013
Mmadu111: Onitsha is just a one town in Anambra state out of hundred of other towns, so stop crucifying Ngige because there is never a way you would treat every body heartwarmly at thesame time. Ngige my Chief abeg dey front jare we follow u.
that is correct just one town so why not pick from the other hundreds instead of picking Onitsha it is obvious that his Godfathers wanted to prove how they can and will continue to disrespect Igbo people!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by biafranqueen: 11:13pm On Oct 09, 2013
manny4life:

The Obi did not curse him, he simply made a statement, let justice decide if he's guilty or not...

There more people at Ngige's rally, is it not common sense that Ngige used Obi's festival to hold a rally? On a normal day, he couldn't have so he hurriedly fixed the date so as to make it seem like he pulled the crowd. If he was a real campaigner, he would have done his rally on a regular day so we can the turnout. grin grin grin
I should have known great minds think a lot, this is the point I was going to make, his supporters were afraid that because of his past transgressions it would be a huge embarrassment when the supporters were few, so pick a day when plenty of people from all over Igboland and beyond come to celebrate with Igwe. The crowd is already in the vicinity some will come and see which fool could disrespect tradition in such a way. Mess up big mess up embarassed
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by biafranqueen: 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
Afam4eva: Make i no lie, with the kain crowd wey i see for Ngige campaign, if i be Obiano, i for don dey run temperature. The crowd was massive. I think Ngige is the governor in waiting. Nothing can stop him. I think the Obi of Onitsha who happens to be one of my favourite Igwes in Igboland should desist from being partisan. There's nothing wrong in doing one's campaign on ofala festival day. Does it mean that there's no one doing their wedding, birthday, church crusade etc on the same day? Why take it out on Ngige? I just hope the relationship between Ngige and Obi Achebe will not be similar to that of Rochas and Eze Ilumuanya when Ngige becomes governor.
shocked embarassed Afam Afam Afam4eva how many times did I call you Biko Biko do not allow political favoritism blind you of cultural tradition you are better then this!
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Ewarrior: 11:18pm On Oct 09, 2013
manny4life:

Were both events held at d same venue??

Someone here said Ifeanyi Ubah's campaign train also passed that area, why is no one scolding him??
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2013
Ewarrior:

Were both events held at d same venue??

Someone here said Ifeanyi Ubah's campaign train also passed that area, why is no one scolding him??

Look at the bold, no further comments.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by manny4life(m): 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2013
biafranqueen: I should have known great minds think a lot, this is the point I was going to make, his supporters were afraid that because of his past transgressions it would be a huge embarrassment when the supporters were few, so pick a day when plenty of people from all over Igboland and beyond come to celebrate with Igwe. The crowd is already in the vicinity some will come and see which fool could disrespect tradition in such a way. Mess up big mess up embarassed

Like seriously, I knew this is why he did it, but he failed woefully because he has pissed off more pissed and created more enemies. Ndi Onitsha will not forget this gesture, and when others hear about it, you think they will tell him good job? Ka anyi nene anya, ife di abuo, ofu ga eme.. person who calls his home useless will someday come crawling back into it.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Afam4eva(m): 11:45pm On Oct 09, 2013
biafranqueen: shocked embarassed Afam Afam Afam4eva how many times did I call you Biko Biko do not allow political favoritism blind you of cultural tradition you are better then this!
I don't play partisan politics and there's no reason why i will favour Ngige over any other candidate as i have been more critical of APC even more than the most hated party in Africa(PDP). I'm only trying to understand if there's a rule that says that no one can host an event on an ofala festival day. I'm saying this because i believe that since Igwe Achebe has a soft spot for Peter Obi and has invariably endorsed Obiano, that he's just using Ngige as a scape goat.

1 Like

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
[size=28pt]PAGAN FATWAH! [/size] grin
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Afam4eva(m): 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
But on a second thought, i think Ngige and those around him are 1diots. As a governorship candidate, it's advisable that you try as much as possible not to step on people's toes as it may come back to hunt you. Even if there's no rule prohibiting anyone from conducting a campaign on a day set aside for the Ofala festival, common sense should tell Ngige that he should move his event to a later date and even attend the festival and pay homage to the Obi of Onitsha. That's what smart politicians do. He should not take actions that will be counter-productive as people especially from this part of the world are very traditional. This is similar to when he came out to speak about the deportation saga which he shouldn't have spoken about whether what he said was wrong or right. people should be wise when playing politics.

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2013
i-General:
An idol worshipper places a curse on 'a christian' and we wait for the result

A ruler of the Igbos places a curse on an Igbo subject.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

We Believe We Are All One, One Nigeria Forever – Biafran War Veterans / Yinka Odumakin: No Army Can Stop Yorubas When They Are Ready To Fight / We Are Not Planning To Field A Muslim-muslim Ticket – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.