Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC (39134 Views)

El-Rufai Receives The Obi Of Onitsha In Kaduna State House (Photos) / Obi Of Onitsha Condemns Pro-Biafra Agitators / Fashola, Amaechi, Ngige, Onu, Lai, Kachikwu Make Ministerial List - TheCable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by malele(m): 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
The flag off of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Governorship candidate in Anambra State, Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige Tuesday kicked off without the national leader of the party, Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu even as the traditional institution in Onitsha condemned the flag off on the day Onitsha was holding its Ofala festival.

Although only three governors, including Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, Fayemi of Ekiti State and Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State where among other party chieftains who attended the rally, which was disrupted by a heavy down pour till after 3 pm.
Adding to that, youths in Onitsha protested against Ngige for holding their flag-off campaign on the day, Dr. Alfred Achebe, the Igwe of Onitsha was having his Ofala festival.

The Obi of Onitsha speaking at his palace, placed curse on Ngige and APC , saying his Ofala announcement was made over a year ago and wondered why APC should disrupt its sanctity.

While rounding up his Ofala festival Tuesday, the angry Obi said it was very disrespectful for a political party, in spite of the almost one year notice, to fix their rally the same day.

He angrily struck his ofor thrice on the ground and spoke in Igbo "onye mejoo ani, ochuba ya (he who goes contrary to tradition will have himself hunted).

Earlier he debunked the rumour in some quarters that he resigned as the Chairman of the Traditional Rulers Council on account of differences with Governor Obi, insisting that having been in the position for over five years that it was time for others to serve too.

He said he enjoyed good and harmonious relationship with Obi, who accorded him due respect punctuated by reciprocity. He said he was behind him in the support for Anambra North to produce the next governor in the spirit of equity and fairness.

Senator Ngige was also not spared too by Governor Obi, who condemned APC rally, expressing surprise that a true Igbo son, Dr. Chris Ngige is supposed to be, would allow his party to fix rally at Onitsha the same day the Obi of Onitsha is performing Ofala festival.

Calling on the people of the state to respect traditional institutions, he wondered if any politician, including Ngige would try such in an APC-controlled state.

Obi, who recalled that APGA shifted their rally from Tuesday, the 8th to Monday, the 7th, said a dog bears the name given it by its owner and that it behoves Igbos to stand up firmly and insist that their traditional institutions must be accorded full respect at all times.

Meanwhile, Onitsha Youths carried placards with anti APC and Ngige inscriptions, some which read: "from deportation to desecration of Igbo land!”

However, while speaking at the campaign rally, Ngige assured Anambrarians that the light will shine again. He restated that Anambra will witness a tremendous improvement within space of time in the state if returned as the state governor adding: “We are in the journey together and we shall sing and rejoice together by March 16 when the batten will shift from Obi to Ngige.

http://www.dailytimes.com.ng/article/apc-flag-obi-onitsha-places-curse-ngige

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by malele(m): 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2013
APC is failing badly in the east

21 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by nku5: 9:06pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ngige don F up big time!

14 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
And who is Obi of onitsha? Does he have two heads? Why must everything about Ngige be politicized? A culti*st and ritual*ist placing a curse on an innocent man is simply the biggest joke of the century. As if the so called gods of the land are listening to him.mtcheeeeeew undecided

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by shineeye: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2013
ngige is over go home and play with your grand children

5 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by shineeye: 9:19pm On Oct 08, 2013
Idi Amin: And who is Obi of onitsha? Does he have two heads? Why must everything about Ngige be politicized? A culti*st and ritual*ist placing a curse on an innocent man is simply the biggest joke of the century. As if the so called gods of the land are listening to him.mtcheeeeeew undecided
breaking news***************B-R-E-A-K-I-N-G News!
Anambra Decide 2013.
Thunder and Rain Greets Ngige Campaign.

**APC is an Igbo Party. There are no good roads in Anambra. APC will fix all bad roads in the state when we come to power.
**The State University is a glorified secondary school, yet students are charged over N100k. Fees will be reduced to N10k.

Rain and Thunder almost marred the opening of the governorship campaign of Chris Ngige today in the state capital.
The rally was tick with the who-is-who in the All Progressive Party (APC), with their party leader Bola Tinubu, state governors and some members of the National assembly that belongs to the party.

Mr Uchenna Moghalu said that, "our ancestors have informed them how they feel about Ngige and his foreign supporters who has not regard for Ndi-igbo and their interest. The Thunder is a message from 'Amadioha', warning them that we will never forget or forgive the inhuman treatment of APC Lagos Government by deporting our people and branding them mad men and women..

19 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by awodman: 9:43pm On Oct 08, 2013
Ngige and his APC scores yet another own goal..coming days after Fashola's apology seemed like it was calming frayed nerves...An average onitsha doesn't joke with his traditions

7 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Awakullowo: 9:44pm On Oct 08, 2013
God, pls bless anambra state with ifeanyi ubah. We need anambra's money in oil business. Amen. God, if you bless them with Willie the money goes to fidelity bank, if it Is Ngige, He Is too stingy and the money Will be in anambra. Ifeanyi ubah Will remember me if he becomes the governor. God this Is the only thing i need.

6 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
However way you look at it,it wasn't wise of ngige to carry out his political rally on thesame day an important festival was on-going in onitsha.ngige is a titled chief,he should comport himself with wisdom and not act like rascals.
Idi Amin: And who is Obi of onitsha? Does he have two heads? Why must everything about Ngige be politicized? A culti*st and ritual*ist placing a curse on an innocent man is simply the biggest joke of the century. As if the so called gods of the land are listening to him.mtcheeeeeew undecided

16 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by gleaf: 9:45pm On Oct 08, 2013
LOL.......I said it here that ANI ONITSHA WILL RUBBISH THEM TODAY.......AGBOGIDI IGA ADI OOOOOOOOO

13 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by malele(m): 9:51pm On Oct 08, 2013

Nigige mad mistake, he should not have fixed his rally on ofala day, its so wrong.
Fasola can't fix APC rally the day meant for Ayo festival in lagos.

16 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by wesley80(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
Coming from someone whose culture permits children to knock their fathers head, I cant say I'm surprised.

92 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Clerverly: 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
Rubbish!!! They were only miffed by the kind crowd, ngige was able to pull....Obi don dey shit for cloth. I dare say Ngige is a complete politician. Despite everything being thrown his way, yet he is waxing even more stronger.

Sai Ngige, Sai APC!!!

O ga Eme Unu Vom Na-Anya grin

19 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by malele(m): 9:52pm On Oct 08, 2013
Awakullowo: God, pls bless anambra state with ifeanyi ubah. We need anambra's money in oil business. Amen. God, if you bless them with Willie the money goes to fidelity bank, if it Is Ngige, He Is too stingy and the money Will be in anambra. Ifeanyi ubah Will remember me if he becomes the governor. God this Is the only thing i need.
Shout up I still prefer ngige over that thief called ifeanyi UBA

7 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by bestviewer: 9:54pm On Oct 08, 2013
Good job Obi of Onitsha..

3 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by pullyacap: 9:55pm On Oct 08, 2013
I can  very clearly that all anti-Ngige people are just looking for just anything to disparage the man but it is obvious all your mudslinging is not affecting the man at all

Your dirty politicking of using ethnic sentiment and lately tradition to smear a man who hasn't stolen anambra money is just not working. I sense some people are jittery hence are scrubbing everywhere looking for just about the most stoopid,off-the-book excuse to tarnish a man whose only sin is being a bridge-builder with other tribes rather than a bigot,hate-filled and loathsome individual like some of you

If God be God....he will disgrace evri permutation of the wicked against Chris Nwabueze Ngige

19 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by agbameta: 9:58pm On Oct 08, 2013
This is some village comedy stuff. Placing curse on people in 2013 over some ofada stuff is mad crazy for real. Smh...

10 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by chymystique(f): 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2013
IMO, that curse is jst a mere abracadabra!.. Seriously I dnt see d wrong Ngige did by fixing his rally on the same day of d Ofalla.. He is having his ofalla and so wah ... Curse ma foot! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
chima12: However way you look at it,it wasn't wise of ngige to carry out his political rally on thesame day an important festival was on-going in onitsha.ngige is a titled chief,he should comport himself with wisdom and not act like rascals.
I have to respond to your observations because of your high sense of responsibility. Think about it this way, do you think Ngige will intentionally disrespect a traditional institution. The Ngige I know may be stubborn but he is a not that silly. It's either he was not aware of that ofala or the opposition set that trap for him. Let me ask you, if not for Nairaland, were you aware of the ofala festival?

12 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by gidjah(m): 10:03pm On Oct 08, 2013
just hopes he is gat guts to swallow ds missiles from d king.to me APC IS NOT EVEN A BLESSED PARTY, THEY CAME OUT FOR MAJORLY TO DESTOY JONATHANS ambition n not pdp.WE VOTED JONA NOT PDP!!

6 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by malele(m): 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2013
chymystique: IMO, that curse is jst a mere abracadabra!.. Seriously I dnt see d wrong Ngige did by fixing his rally on the same day of d Ofalla.. He is having his ofalla and so wah ... Curse ma foot! undecided

If u are from anambra state, u will understand dey don't joke with there ofala.
Its an insult to the igwe.

9 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by malele(m): 10:05pm On Oct 08, 2013
chymystique: IMO, that curse is jst a mere abracadabra!.. Seriously I dnt see d wrong Ngige did by fixing his rally on the same day of d Ofalla.. He is having his ofalla and so wah ... Curse ma foot! undecided

If u are from anambra state, u will understand dey don't joke with there ofala.
Its an insult to the igwe. It shows nigige does not have respect for him.
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by pokur: 10:09pm On Oct 08, 2013
Idi Amin: I have to respond to your observations because of your high sense of responsibility. Think about it this way, do you think Ngige will intentionally disrespect a traditional institution. The Ngige I know may be stubborn but he is a not that silly. It's either he was not aware of that ofala or the opposition set that trap for him. Let me ask you, if not for Nairaland, were you aware of the ofala festival?
Ofala that was scheduled since last year n he did not know of it?.
Why didn't he take a cue from his rival Obiano,who moved back his own rally to Monday?.Would it have cost him much to have shifted his to Wednesday,the 9th?.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by donphilopus: 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Is he God? If God has said he'd win, no one can change it.
Who God has blessed, no man can curse

14 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by malele(m): 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
Idi Amin: I have to respond to your observations because of your high sense of responsibility. Think about it this way, do you think Ngige will intentionally disrespect a traditional institution. The Ngige I know may be stubborn but he is a not that silly. It's either he was not aware of that ofala or the opposition set that trap for him. Let me ask you, if not for Nairaland, were you aware of the ofala festival?

There is no how ngige won't know there is ofala on that day. Are u saying igwe woke up and fixed ofala festival.
Don't u do ofalla in ur town, does ur igwe wake up and fix it without notice?

6 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by passion007: 10:11pm On Oct 08, 2013
#Otuocha!# I mean, Oops!
Ngige isn't exactly having the best of times.
Whatever he does leaves a sour taste in people's mouths.

O ginidi ka Nwoke-a mere Anambrarians adia agbaghara-agbaghara?
Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by wisdomw(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
How does it affect de price of condom in my sch?

2 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by taharqa: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
I have never commented on this Anambra Election stuff (I hardly comment on pure politics tins on NL anyways) but I have a quick Observation of what I have easily noticed. It is actually more like a question:

how come most of the few passionate supporters of Chris Ngige on NL are Yoruba people from the SW, who would never vote on the day??

Just an Interesting observation sha....

73 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2013
Face your ekiti village,you bigoted hypocrite.has any party in lagos ever held a political rally same day as the eyo masquerade festival?
Its now obvious that you apc Swesteners may have infected ngige with your rascality disease.I hope ngige doesn't start behaving like fani kayode.For your information,ngige is actually popular in anambra state,but he should apply wisdom in what he does.It wasn't wise of him to hold his rally on thesame day with the ofala festival.ngige is a titled chief;he should know better.
pullyacap: I can  very clearly that all anti-Ngige people are just looking for just anything to disparage the man but it is obvious all your mudslinging is not affecting the man at all

Your dirty politicking of using ethnic sentiment and lately tradition to smear a man who hasn't stolen anambra money is just not working. I sense some people are jittery hence are scrubbing everywhere looking for just about the most stoopid,off-the-book excuse to tarnish a man whose only sin is being a bridge-builder with other tribes rather than a bigot,hate-filled and loathsome individual like some of you

If God be God....he will disgrace evri permutation of the wicked against Chris Nwabueze Ngige

17 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by ObiOkpor(m): 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2013
curse ke?r u God to curse someone?d young man organised his rally the day he felt comfortable with and u r there wasting ur saliva in the name of curse.

4 Likes

Re: Obi Of Onitsha Curses Ngige & APC by donphilopus: 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2013
Awakullowo: God, pls bless anambra state with ifeanyi ubah. We need anambra's money in oil business. Amen. God, if you bless them with Willie the money goes to fidelity bank, if it Is Ngige, He Is too stingy and the money Will be in anambra. Ifeanyi ubah Will remember me if he becomes the governor. God this Is the only thing i need.
Are you sure, you are not Musiwa in making?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Economy Largest In Africa As Rebasing Boosts GDP To $405bn / Photos From Labour Party Support Base Hall Meeting In Port Harcourt / Politicians Desmond Elliot & Prof Osinbajo Take Campaign To Surulere (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.