Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,513 members, 7,850,770 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:41 AM

Marrying A Dependent!! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Marrying A Dependent!! (1149 Views)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / How I Ended Up Marrying The Lady I Met On Facebook / Dependent Attitude Of Nigerian Girls In Relationships: Poverty Or Greed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marrying A Dependent!! by Kirinwa: 2:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Guys with the economic situation of things.Can you marry a girl that is not working.Just finished University or just finished Secondary school and probably earning 10k a month working.
Guys can you?Ladies can you assuming it were a man?
Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by sunnyt1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 09, 2013
Kirinwa: Guys with the economic situation of things.Can you marry a girl that is not working.Just finished University or just finished Secondary school and probably earning 10k a month working.

How can?

Personally i cant, i cant even date a pest talk more of getting married to one
Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by christaddicted: 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
O boi.....That's liability na.
Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by christaddicted: 3:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
O boi.....That's liability na. Not in this ENDTIME.
Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by ammyluv2002(f): 3:02pm On Oct 09, 2013
Not really sha but 10k can go a long way o
Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by jaybee3(m): 3:15pm On Oct 09, 2013
10K a month is still money.
I can if she is ambitious and share same/similar vision to mine.

Having a criteria to only date equal should be discouraged IMO.
I'm not saying people should go out and date no-hopers but personally as a human being, I'm guided by the value of "helping others when/where i can". I've lived my life based on this basic principle and have always made sure i actively encourage whomever I'm with to achieve their respective full potential.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 09, 2013
Like you said in the other thread, 'give people a chance' =p. If the individual didn't pursue post-secondary and is just sitting idle with no job or income coming in, then that would be a different story. But if he/she just finished post-sec and is working, that's still an accomplishment. You can't expect someone to finish college/uni and be making big mula right away. You gotta start from somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by Kirinwa: 5:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
Yield: Like you said in the other thread, 'give people a chance' =p. If the individual didn't pursue post-secondary and is just sitting idle with no job or income coming in, then that would be a different story. But if he/she just finished post-sec and is working, that's still an accomplishment. You can't expect someone to finish college/uni and be making big mula right away. You gotta start from somewhere.

Girl,I really like your depth in reasoning.Am not saying its not possible neither do I assuage the inherent challenges.
Most times I feel we resonate on the same frequency.What do you think?

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 09, 2013
Kirinwa: Guys with the economic situation of things.Can you marry a girl that is not working.Just finished University or just finished Secondary school and probably earning 10k a month working.

I can marry a dependent girl that has just finished university but depending on my pocket and the fact that she'll be a graduate looking to secure a job in the long run

But just finishing secondary school?... God forbid.. I be senator yerima for your eye ni? undecided

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by Kirinwa: 5:53am On Oct 10, 2013
carujmonella:

I can marry a dependent girl that has just finished university but depending on my pocket and the fact that she'll be a graduate looking to secure a job in the long run

But just finishing secondary school?... God forbid.. I be senator yerima for your eye ni? undecided

lol at Senator Yerima analysis.I meant if the girl was atleast 20 years old.
Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by Mynd44: 6:09am On Oct 10, 2013
It all depends on her ambition. She might be dependent today and can be independent tomorrow. If she is chasing something and she has the prospects, yes. But if she is lazy and not willing to get out of her comfort zone, hell no

1 Like

Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by andyanders: 9:09am On Oct 24, 2013
sunny t:

How can?

Personally i cant, i cant even date a pest talk more of getting married to one

How do you mean? If you think you are loaded and cannot marry a lady because of her present financial situations, you are nobody.
If I love a lady, even if it is 5k she earns and I truly love her, I will marry her and help her stand. It is your duty as a man to fend for your wife and build her to your taste.
For me yes, in as much as we love each other, I will create an avenue to make her comfortable and build her up.
You cannot because of a lady's present condition throw her away. Do you know her destiny? If she is educated and humble and a virtues woman, yes every other thing can follow.I will have her even without a job. What if you marry that lady today with fat salary and tomorrow she is out of job, will you throw her away? What if you marry that man with billions today and tomorrow, nothing again, will you throw him away? Be wise when you are talking about love and money.
Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 24, 2013
andyanders:

How do you mean? If you think you are loaded and cannot marry a lady because of her present financial situations, you are nobody.
If I love a lady, even if it is 5k she earns and I truly love her, I will marry her and help her stand. It is your duty as a man to fend for your wife and build her to your taste.
For me yes, in as much as we love each other, I will create an avenue to make her comfortable and build her up.
You cannot because of a lady's present condition throw her away. Do you know her destiny? If she is educated and humble and a virtues woman, yes every other thing can follow.I will have her even without a job. What if you marry that lady today with fat salary and tomorrow she is out of job, will you throw her away? What if you marry that man with billions today and tomorrow, nothing again, will you throw him away? Be wise when you are talking about love and money.
100 likescheesy
Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by andyanders: 10:03am On Oct 24, 2013
mechummy: 100 likescheesy

My sister, it makes me sick when people look down on their fellow human being because of money. Nobody is dependent anyone unless God.

You can have that good job today and tomorrow, you have none. Will you look down on your lady because she has nothing? Hell NO. She is just a blessing to help we men stay alive. It is because of the present situation we are in because of the economic crises that we drag women up and down for them to start creating wealth. I am not against it but they should be respected and be helped to stand. From the bible portion, it is the duty of a man to take care of his wife and children, and the duty of a woman to take love her husband and to help him.
Whereby a man has to wake up and start killing her and looking at her as a burden to him is nonsense of him because that woman is a helper and not a provider.
A woman is a helper while a man is a provider and whereby a man is not ready to carry his responsibility while looking at his wife as a way out is just a lazy man and men who has been writing here that ' they cannot marry a woman that earn 10k or whatever, are fools to themselves. I advise them to grow up and stop looking at a women as their bread winners rather a helper or supplements to the nutrients to help build their lives.
Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 24, 2013
am i marrying her for the money or the love?if i get married to her am marrying her for love and not for her money so i don't care if she collects 10000 per month or even one naira per month what i care about is the woman that will make me have reasons to smile for the rest of my life wetin i wan use her money do?more over am the man so i should be the one fully responsible for the family,!!!and thats why i shake my head for some stupid guys that force theirself to marriage when they know that they cannot take the responsibility!!!i know someone will want to quote me and say is the woman not supposed to be financially okay so she can support,well i pray that i will never and by GOD grace i will never be in that situation where i will be expecting the woman i marry to assist in taking care of my own financial responsibilities in the house as a man!!!GOD forbid,thats why am working hustling reall good for my cash!!!!!yeah i said it my cash and not your cash!!!!!
Re: Marrying A Dependent!! by Kirinwa: 5:53am On Jun 29, 2014
If are working for someone you can be sacked or if you are employed you can be sick or be handicapped in such a manner you may need her assistance.Never maarry with your attitude because once you inculcate it in her its very hard to breaak.I will assume you are still single.

am i marrying her for the money or the love?if i get married to her am marrying her for love and not for her money so i don't care if she collects 10000 per month or even one naira per month what i care about is the woman that will make me have reasons to smile for the rest of my life wetin i wan use her money do?more over am the man so i should be the one fully responsible for the family,!!!and thats why i shake my head for some stupid guys that force theirself to marriage when they know that they cannot take the responsibility!!!i know someone will want to quote me and say is the woman not supposed to be financially okay so she can support,well i pray that i will never and by GOD grace i will never be in that situation where i will be expecting the woman i marry to assist in taking care of my own financial responsibilities in the house as a man!!!GOD forbid,thats why am working hustling reall good for my cash!!!!!yeah i said it my cash and not your cash!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

How To Make A Good Impression On A Lady / 7 Most Disgusting Things We Do For Our Beloved / I Found My Missing Wallet With My Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.