Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,635 members, 7,827,356 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:58 AM

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED (78188 Views)

Discussion / Tithe And The True Storehouse - Malachi 3:10 / The Deception Of The Roman Catholic Mass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by truthislight: 1:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bidam: Thank God others are clarifying the issue.

Hehehe.

You and your kind must give a fight na.

They will not just fall like that.

Bidam, Mr "Devourer". I like this your new name. grin.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
christemmbassey:
[b] May God show you mercy young man! If really ur Pastor told U that TITHE is a deception, then i think u need to read the bible and ask the Holy Spirit for Interpretation. The bible has a laid down principles of which to follow. God order the Children of Isreal to pay tithes to the levites and even Abraham and his household paid tithe to Melchizedek. I wonder why u can't let go of 10% the income God gave U to be used in the Body of Christ. God wasn't foolish 4 demanding so liltle. Know that if you fail to pay ur tithe, then you are likely to spend your eternity in Hell. Why ? Cox u robbed the house of God. I wonder why the O.P quoted this Scripture without including the two verses preceeding it. Malachi 3: 8-9, i read from Old king James translation.
cool Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9) Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.....(note here that the nation used here refers to the children of the kingdom, according to 1 peter 2 vs 9, God called us a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people)
He now commanded us in Verse 10 to pay our tithes that there may be meat in the house of God. Note that once everybody starts paying tithes, then many needs of church will be met. God Bless U [/b]

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by pokur: 1:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bidam: Tithing predates the mosaic law. The book of Malachi talks about tithing as a covenant between God and Israel
Circumcision predates mosaic law.It was a covenant between God and Abraham n all his descendants.In fact,it's the one true pre-mosaic covenant.Why is it not being harped on by present day preachers?.Why 10% tithe regime?.And pls,don't bring in the 'Abraham paid tithe' argument.What he gave was a tenth of war booty once n gave the rest back.It wasn't a covenant established n nowhere in Genesis is it stated that Abraham repeated that.It was a one-off event.

4 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 11, 2013
Candour:

Yes.

It's that simple
I see. All na d same. re-branding. So why all this noise about tithe since all of them are collecting and deceiving people into parting with some thing
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 11, 2013
truthislight:

You have just succeeded in saying that Yahweh uses Demons and satan to punish his people ("cananites deities" are demons).

Na wao! See scare tatics for christians cry.

You took the words right out of my mouth !
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 2:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
EMILO2STAY: and to think your seriously using your brains. Jesus came to give earthanal life, devil came to devour plant right?
Thank U.
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. This passage clearly shows that Jesus Christ came to give us life. My Dictionary tells me that the formal meaning of devour is to destroy. Now in Matthew 13:24-30; The Parable of the Tares,
24) Another parable put he forth unto them saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man that sowed good seed in his field:
25) But while men slept, his enemy (the devourer/thief) came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26) But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27) So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28) He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Will thou then that we go and gather them up?
29) But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them
30) Let both grow together until the harvest and in time of harvest I will say to the reaper, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into thy barn.
This passage cleary points out what the enemy can do to our harvest! We need to cultivate the habit of tithing if u want ur harvest to be in bountiful folds cox God will keep seeing to it that the enemy never penetrates into our toil. God has promised us that he will be with us even till the end of time. He also promised us that in Genesis 12 vs 3, he will curse those who curse us and bless those that bless us. Last sunday school we were taught that blessings is not just those mere visible things that pleases the mortal man. God's promises to his children is a much more blessing cox God now gave us himself after letting his only beggotten son died on the cross of calvary. It's now left for us to obey his word (paying tithes inclusive) without asking WHY?. When we do so, he will keep rebuking the devourer on our sake. Bless U

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 2:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Candour:

Actually my bro, Christemmbassey doesn't attend CEC grin

His handle just makes it look like he does
bros, don't b a wet blanket, don't spoil his fun na! Cheers my Oga.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 3:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
truthislight:

You have just succeeded in saying that Yahweh uses Demons and satan to punish his people ("cananites deities" are demons).

Na wao! See scare tatics for christians cry.

Actually it was the oga @ the top of Nigerian tithe collectors(Pastor Adeboye) that said Yahweh has a special set of devourers (separate from satan's devourers) that he sends after those that don't pay their tithes and the only way you can get Yahweh to recall his devourers is that you pay all your backlog of unpaid tithes plus 20% interest. grin

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bossforeva: [b] May God show you mercy young man! If really ur Pastor told U that TITHE is a deception, then i think u need to read the bible and ask the Holy Spirit for Interpretation. The bible has a laid down principles of which to follow. God order the Children of Isreal to pay tithes to the levites and even Abraham and his household paid tithe to Melchizedek. I wonder why u can't let go of 10% the income God gave U to be used in the Body of Christ. God wasn't foolish 4 demanding so liltle. Know that if you fail to pay ur tithe, then you are likely to spend your eternity in Hell. Why ? Cox u robbed the house of God. I wonder why the O.P quoted this Scripture without including the two verses preceeding it. Malachi 3: 8-9, i read from Old king James translation.
cool Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings.
9) Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation.....(note here that the nation used here refers to the children of the kingdom, according to 1 peter 2 vs 9, God called us a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people)
He now commanded us in Verse 10 to pay our tithes that there may be meat in the house of God. Note that once everybody starts paying tithes, then many needs of church will be met. God Bless U [/b]
the only sensible thing in this ur post is- "God bless u", and i say, Amen.

3 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by christemmbassey(m): 3:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bossforeva: [b] May God show you mercy young man! If really ur Pastor told U that TITHE is a deception, then i think u need to read the bible and ask the Holy Spirit for Interpretation. The bible has a laid down principles of which to follow. God order the Children of Isreal to pay tithes to the levites and even Abraham and his household paid tithe to Melchizedek. I wonder why u can't let go of 10% the income God gave U to be used in the Body of Christ. God wasn't foolish 4 demanding so liltle. Know that if you fail to pay ur tithe, then you are likely to spend your eternity in Hell. Why ? Cox u robbed the house of God. I wonder why the O.P quoted this Scripture without including the two verses preceeding it. Malachi 3: 8-9, i read from Old king James translation.
If don't pay tithe, i'll go to hell? I never heard anything MORE FOOLISH than this, u tin say i b ya church member? Bros, u dnn miss road big time.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by PastorKun(m): 3:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
christemmbassey: the only sensible thing in this ur post is- "God bless u", and i say, Amen.

You really can't blame him, a lot of these people have no clue what tithes is all about. They just regurgitate the lies they been fed with by their pastors.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
pokur:
Circumcision predates mosaic law.It was a covenant between God and Abraham n all his descendants.In fact,it's the one true pre-mosaic covenant.Why is it not being harped on by present day preachers?.Why 10% tithe regime?.And pls,don't bring in the 'Abraham paid tithe' argument.What he gave was a tenth of war booty once n gave the rest back.It wasn't a covenant established n nowhere in Genesis is it stated that Abraham repeated that.It was a one-off event.
Circumcision is a lame and flimsy argument anti-tithers always bring.I can confidently show you from OT scriptures where the circumcision that God talks about is of the heart which was also buttressed by Paul in the NT. gentiles still circumcised their children even without knowing Christ. Circumcision of the foreskin is NOT a requirement of salvation was the argument of Paul.

Tithing on the other hand is by Abrahamic covenant not a one-off event cos His children and grand children did tithe.Abraham taught them.

Tithing was regulated under the LAW.In the NT we tithe by FAITH.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 4:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
truthislight:

Hehehe.

You and your kind must give a fight na.

They will not just fall like that.

Bidam, Mr "Devourer". I like this your new name. grin.
foolish and unlearned arguments are hereby avoided.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
EMILO2STAY: and to think your seriously using your brains. Jesus came to give earthanal life, devil came to devour plant right?
And if i call you an atheist now you get angry.If i show you where scripture talked about demonic locust not hurting grass but MEN will you swallow you pride and put your head down in shame?
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Pastor Kun:

You really can't blame him, a lot of these people have no clue what tithes is all about. They just regurgitate the lies they been fed with by their pastors.
Bro! Are U a pastor of which church and who made U a pastor? I may not pray for U but i must pray 4 the Church Members u're leading cox u have definitely succeeded in leading them out of the narrow way that leads to heaven!
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bossforeva: Thank U.
John 10:10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly. This passage clearly shows that Jesus Christ came to give us life. My Dictionary tells me that the formal meaning of devour is to destroy. Now in Matthew 13:24-30; The Parable of the Tares,
24) Another parable put he forth unto them saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man that sowed good seed in his field:
25) But while men slept, his enemy (the devourer/thief) came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26) But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27) So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28) He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Will thou then that we go and gather them up?
29) But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them
30) Let both grow together until the harvest and in time of harvest I will say to the reaper, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into thy barn.
This passage cleary points out what the enemy can do to our harvest! We need to cultivate the habit of tithing if u want ur harvest to be in bountiful folds cox God will keep seeing to it that the enemy never penetrates into our toil. God has promised us that he will be with us even till the end of time. He also promised us that in Genesis 12 vs 3, he will curse those who curse us and bless those that bless us. Last sunday school we were taught that blessings is not just those mere visible things that pleases the mortal man. God's promises to his children is a much more blessing cox God now gave us himself after letting his only beggotten son died on the cross of calvary. It's now left for us to obey his word (paying tithes inclusive) without asking WHY?. When we do so, he will keep rebuking the devourer on our sake. Bless U
u shouldn't have engaged yourself in this arguement cuz u lack simple understanding. Incase u dont know the verse u quoted is talking about the seperation of the righteouse and unrighteouse on the last day. My brother the tares and weath are figurative for the righteouse and the wicked, it is not talking about vegetables but human beigns, or are u saying that devils now devour/eat humans if they fail to pay 10% to God?. Pls study your bible well before disgracing yourself on a public forum.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
u shouldn't have engaged yourself in this arguement cuz u lack simple understanding. Incase u dont know the verse u quoted is talking about the seperation of the righteouse and unrighteouse on the last day. My brother the tares and weath are figurative for the righteouse and the wicked, it is not talking about vegetables but human beigns, or are u saying that devils now devour/eat humans if they fail to pay 10% to God?. Pls study your bible well before disgracing yourself on a public forum.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by noblefada: 4:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
truthislight:

Ok! Insects are not to be called 'HE' but can be called 'HER' and 'HIS' cheesy

Ok now. If it was not insect, what was then the 'devourer' Was it satan ? Demons ?

Do those ^ work for God ?

Your answer please
Very simple, if u study the institution of law, u will discover that the law covenant btw God & Israel was a form of "Cause & Effect", meaning u obey God's laws u receive blessings, fruitfulness favour, u disobey the law, u receive curses, plague, diseases, destruction, exile, Whatever (of course from John 10:10 we now know who responsible for destruction), so disobeying the law had consequences. The same was still in operation in book of Malachi, u obey God's laws u get God's blessings u disobey u get the consequences. So devourer here was simply the consequence of disobeying n we now know who enforces it.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by noblefada: 4:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bidam: Laws written in the hearts of believers.Heb 8:10-11.You need to meditate on God's word day and night to know the Mind of the Spirit.Who knows the Mind of God that we May instruct Him? It is the mind of Christ that instructs us.
And that is the law of Grace which is totally different from Mosaic laws and therefore absent of tithing. In law of Grace we give willing and in love. 2 Cor 9
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by noblefada: 4:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
The devourer was simply part of the spirit of destruction that came upon the Israelites when they disobeyed the law, just like losing to an enemy or having a plague.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 4:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
u shouldn't have engaged yourself in this arguement cuz u lack simple understanding. Incase u dont know the verse u quoted is talking about the seperation of the righteouse and unrighteouse on the last day. My brother the tares and wheat are figurative for the righteouse and the wicked, it is not talking about vegetables but human beigns, or are u saying that devils now devour/eat humans if they fail to pay 10% to God?. Pls study your bible well before disgracing yourself on a public forum.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by noblefada: 4:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
If we go to hell because of tithes, what happened to Grace
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by noblefada: 5:00pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bidam: Circumcision is a lame and flimsy argument anti-tithers always bring.I can confidently show you from OT scriptures where the circumcision that God talks about is of the heart which was also buttressed by Paul in the NT. gentiles still circumcised their children even without knowing Christ. Circumcision of the foreskin is NOT a requirement of salvation was the argument of Paul.

Tithing on the other hand is by Abrahamic covenant not a one-off event cos His children and grand children did tithe.Abraham taught them.

Tithing was regulated under the LAW.In the NT we tithe by FAITH.
No! tithing was not an Abrahamic covenant, it was just a one of show of appreciation by Abraham, God never asked him n didn't tell him to continue n there is no record of Isaac or Jacob paying tithes.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by chy22(m): 5:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bidam: @ ALL, The kingdom of God is not about brighter English grammar,neither it is in talks, meat and drinks.

The Kingdom of God is about the way God does HIS THINGS.

If there where no laws to be obeyed,God would never have given Adam an instruction/law or command from the beginning.It simply goes against HIS NATURE and that was why the LAST ADAM(JESUS) was obedient by HIS death on the cross.

The LAWS/INSTRUCTIONS are even higher in the dispensation of GRACE since they flow from the HOLY Spirit resident in the hearts of believers.

Antinomians fail to see these things really,like i said earlier a christian blessed because he is reedemed can be oppressed by the devil. WHY?

Because he lacks knowledge in the WAYS OF THE SPIRIT.The HOLY SPIRIT DOES NOT GO CONTRARY TO THE WORD OF GOD FOR SCRIPTURES CANNOT BE BROKEN.

God's grace does not gives us license to be disobedient to His instructions,rather it empowers us to keep them because we LOVE HIM.

The new covenant made it more clearer that the Law/instructions/commands are NOT The 10 COMMANDMENTS neither are they the mosaic Laws. The Laws/instructions or commands defines our expected behaviour IN CHRIST and God's grace provides forgiveness when we don't live up to God's standard.

That is why when you give your life to Christ newly,you discover later that things tend to be DIFFICULT as you grow in the Faith.
God want you to know the WAY OF HIS SPIRIT which do not go contrary to HIS WORD.GOD'S WORD are HIS instructions.

I know of Christians who later backslided simply because they couldn't follow instructions and hold on to the end.Goshen teachings is one of those poisons that makes it look as if Christianity is everyday christmas as usual,no sacrifice,no sufferings because CHRIST has paid it all.You are in for a shocker folks.

Clearly those who think they can be part of God's people without obedience to His laws are deceived.
I think you are getting it wrong again. The new covenant has made the law easy, thanks to our Lord jesus christ. As a christian the law is very simple: Love (including Love of God and fellow man), second is Faith: have faith in your maker.
If you love your God it is obvious that you will not worship money, it is simple that you will not have other God than him.
If you love your fellow man it is clear that you will not do any thing to harm they including robbery and conversion of their wife and property.
If you have faith in your maker it is obvious that you don't not need material things to please him.
What I am trying to say is the law was a burden to the people of God and Jesus christ took that burden away from us. And that includes the tithe to individuals who now see them self as gods.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 5:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
noblefada:
And that is the law of Grace which is totally different from Mosaic laws and therefore absent of tithing. In law of Grace we give willing and in love. 2 Cor 9
You got it wrong.LOVE is the fulfillment of the LAW.The children of Israel failed to see that even in the mosaic law they drank and ate the SAME spiritual food and drink(1 COR 10:1-4)which is CHRIST.

Even though we are in the period of GRACE we should be the more careful not to fall like THEM DUE TO UNBELIEF.

Tithing was regulated under that obsolete mosaic laws and is made MORE sure in the NT BY FAITH (HEB 11:6 AND HEB 7:9).

Paul NEVER abolished the TITHES rather he made a case for it in 1 cor 9:13-14 which was a reference DRAWN FROM THE MOSAIC LAW OF DEUT 18:1.

1 Like

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by EMILO2STAY(m): 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
noblefada:
The devourer was simply part of the spirit of destruction that came upon the Israelites when they disobeyed the law, just like losing to an enemy or having a plague.
i hate when people type sensless words like this. Every destruction on the land of israel was physical. Malachi was talking about a physical destruction of crops that will cause them to lack food and not a spirit food destroyer. The bible never said a canaanite deity is responsible for eating vegetables of tithe defaulters.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
noblefada:
No! tithing was not an Abrahamic covenant, it was just a one of show of appreciation by Abraham, God never asked him n didn't tell him to continue n there is no record of Isaac or Jacob paying tithes.
Abraham knew the earth is the LORD'S AND ITS FULLNESS THEREOF.
The tithe was that show of appreciation.Anytime you read scriptures read the whole context.After the encounter with Melchizedek,the priest of the Most High God he was blessed in Genesis 14:19 what happened next was that, the tithe ascended to God as a sweet-smelling savour that BABA God had to appear to Abraham in a vision in Chapter 15 to reinforce the covenant and cement it forever.

Remember,Abraham was only human and he had his doubts and that was why God told Him to fear NOT!! For i am your shield and exceeding GREAT REWARD. This trend of event still outplayed in the life of Solomon who gave a thousand offerings to God.

Let's not fool ourselves, God takes pleasure in GIVINGS which is a form of worship really.

As for Isaac and Jacob it was evident in their lives. WHY? because we know God rejected ESAU who did not work in the Covenant.

If the bible were to record the faithful deeds of these men,then maybe we would be taken GHANA-MUST GO bible bag to church every sunday,one example is enough for us abeg.

Moreso,scripture records that Abraham taught HIS Children the ways of God and God was pleased to show him SECRETS.
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Demainman1: 5:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
^^^ Keep tithing. Na your money!!!
Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by Demainman1: 5:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bidam: Abraham knew the earth is the LORD'S AND ITS FULLNESS THEREOF.
The tithe was that show of appreciation.Anytime you read scriptures read the whole context.After the encounter with Melchizedek,the priest of the Most High God he was blessed in Genesis 14:19 what happened next was that, the tithe ascended to God as a sweet-smelling savour that BABA God had to appear to Abraham in a vision in Chapter 15 to reinforce the covenant and cement it forever.

Remember,Abraham was only human and he had his doubts and that was why God told Him to fear NOT!! For i am your shield and exceeding GREAT REWARD. This trend of event still outplayed in the life of Solomon who gave a thousand offerings to God.

Let's not fool ourselves, God takes pleasure in GIVINGSTITHING which is a form of worship really.

As for Isaac and Jacob it was evident in their lives. WHY? because we know God rejected ESAU who did not work in the Covenant.

If the bible were to record the faithful deeds of these men,then maybe we would be taken GHANA-MUST GO bible bag to church every sunday,one example is enough for us abeg.

Moreso,scripture records that Abraham taught HIS Children the ways of God and God was pleased to show him SECRETS.

I help you change am to TITHING because this thread is not about GIVING sir. We all give!

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by debosky(m): 6:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
Interesting exposition but ultimately isn't where the primary focus should be in my humble opinion.

The crux of Malachi 3:10 as I see it is thus:

1. Is it solely describing the specific tithe commanded to the Israelites or is it also speaking to Christians as an instruction to follow?

2. If the latter is true, then the question this thread focuses on becomes relevant - what are the tithes and what is the devourer and what is the storehouse for Christians?

The reason I think as written above is this - if Malachi 3:10 is not an instruction to Christians, then regardless of the meaning of tithe and storehouse and devourer, it will remain strictly for the Jews.

Now I know folk will bring up Timothy and say all scripture is God-breathed and so on, but being God-breathed does not mean a blanket requirement for a Christian to copy all the practices therein. Therefore if 3:10 is not an instruction to follow for Christians, we learn from it that when God gives a commandment/law, it should be followed, not that we have to tithe in order to avoid devourers.

2 Likes

Re: The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED by noblefada: 6:15pm On Oct 11, 2013
Bidam: Abraham knew the earth is the LORD'S AND ITS FULLNESS THEREOF.

Let's not fool ourselves, God takes pleasure in GIVINGS which is a form of worship really.

I think I'll stop here, if truly from the above God would have recorded n prevent us from making guesses. But let me say this God did not bless Abraham based on anything he did, but purely out of Grace. Gal 3:18 NET For if the inheritance is based on the law, it is no longer based on the promise, but God graciously gave it to Abraham through the promise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (43) (Reply)

Prophet Odumeje Was Slapped & Beaten By Security During His Church Demolition / Pornographic Films Shot In Catholic Church Without Permission / Isaac, Bishop Oyedepo's Son, Resigns From Living Faith Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.