Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,211 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox (71991 Views)

How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) / VIDEO: How The Plane Crashed In Lagos (Ikeja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by awodman: 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
Read the full preliminary report here
https://m.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=732640103418546

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by punny: 9:23pm On Oct 11, 2013
ok
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
davdandam: There's somethin fishy bout the report,flaps re meant to give u lift @ low speed and with that kind of weight no pilot will attempt takin off without flaps.as for engine failure,both engines were running even if one wasn't up to full thrust...wen u achieve v1(take off speed)procedure is to continue the take off and come in for an emmergency landing which I believe both engines should still be capable of doing.the investigation is not conclusive yet and I wanna give kudos to the minister for the facility to decode here in nigeria its a great achievement

Yes flaps generate lift, however, he forgot to deploy the flaps...

Both engines were running but where they generating enough thrust for him to lift?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by theshadyexpress(m): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
dangiwa09:

Everyone in Nigeria needs same examination, starting from GEJ!
no starting from u
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by goodgood2(m): 9:26pm On Oct 11, 2013
picoba:
The pilot sound to be an half bake pilot. Education system in Nigeria!
I guess the pilot had is training here in Nigeria.

I guess you also had your training in Nigeria. Your English can crash a plane.

3 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by soledayo(m): 9:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
Are you sure the pilot guy who refused to abort the trip wasn't a BOKO HARAM GUY. Check the name. Apology to innocent people bearing such names.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by xreal2(m): 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
Its so convenient to put d blame on a dead man lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by vowiski(m): 9:29pm On Oct 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: In Nigeria, even the blackbox recording can be doctored for political gains. Don't let them put the wool over your eyes. No sane pilot will risk his own life by ignoring such a warning and take off anyway, unless he is a kamakaze pilot. Nonesense!!

You couldn't have said it any better.. cry

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Raymysterio(m): 9:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
baybiemee: And a heartless fellow said it was an act of God
abeg help me ask that women...wetin concern God and Plane crash?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 9:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
Some key parts to review

The standard ‘eighty knots’ call was made by the First Officer. The first evidence that the crew indicated that there was a problem with the take-off roll was immediately following the‘eighty knots’ call. The First Officer asked if the take-off should be aborted approximately 12 seconds after the‘eighty knots’ callout. Our investigation team estimates the airspeed to be approximately 95 knots. Airspeed was one of the parameters that,while working in the cockpit, appeared not to be working on the Flight Data Recorder. We were able to estimate the speed based on the radar data that we synchronized to the FDR and CVR but it is very approximate because of this. In response to the First Officer’s question to abort, the Captain indicated that they should continue and they continued the take-off roll.

The crew did not make a ‘V1’ call or a Vr’ call. V1 is the speed at which a decision to abort or continue a take-off is made. Vr is the speed at which it is planned to rotate the aircraft. Normally the non-flying pilot calls both theV1 and the Vr speeds. When Vr is called the flying pilot pulls back on the control column and the aircraft is rotated(pitched up) to climb away from the runway. During the rotation, the First Officer stated‘gently’, which we believe reflects concern that the aircraft is not performing normally and therefore needs to be rotated very gently so as not to aerodynamically stall the aircraft.

Question to this part, since there was no call out, did the Pilot (captain flying the aircraft), start rotating after the 80knot call out? undecided undecided
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by tundebj(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nairaland is the best place to learn. You can practicaly get a degree in aviation wen all d experts in dis place finish wt u
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 9:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
The First Officer indicated that the aircraft was not climbing and advised the Captain who was flying not to stall the aircraft. Higher climb angles can cause an aerodynamic stall. If the aircraft is not producing enough overall thrust, it is difficult or impossible to climb without the risk of an aerodynamic stall.

manny4life:

Both engines were running but where they generating enough thrust for him to lift?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by FREEDON: 9:36pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nairalanders that know nothing abt an airplane are also commentn..it a sign that the end is no longer far..which means in no tYm the end wil come..meanwhile back to the matter ASUU stil no wan gree o.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
solomon111: Are you drunk?
When did NCAA become a "foreign" body?
You lack understanding: I never said NCAA is foreign, but only calling its international body, ICAO.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 9:40pm On Oct 11, 2013
People, here is the kicker

Associated361 was cleared for take-off on runway one eight left at Lagos international airport. The wind was calm and weather is not considered a factor in this accident. Approximately 4 seconds after engine power was advanced to commence the take-off roll, the crew received an automated warning from the onboard computer voice which consisted of three chimes followed by “Take-off Flaps…Take-offFlaps”. This is a configuration warning that suggests that the flaps were not in the correct position for take-off and there is some evidence that the crew may have chosen not to use flaps for the take-off. The warning did not appear to come as any surprise to the crew and they continued normally with the take-off. This warning continues throughout the take-off roll.

There you have it, nonchalance. embarassed embarassed
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by samuelfemo(m): 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
kaeyame: Was this pilot on a self suicide pact? How can someone ignore such a warning, knowing that there are no pit-stops in the air?

Me, I tire for some people o!
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by donphilopus: 9:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
theshadyexpress:
and one of our so called literates does not understand English
so called.....................................

3 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 9:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Here's our own AIB, dealing with professional investigation

The investigation is focusing on the following:

1) Mechanical and electronic engine control issues related to the Right engine and Right engine propeller systems.

2) Aural warnings related to auto-feather and the flap settings required for takeoff.

3) Take-off configuration issues with respect to flap settings.

4) Crew decision making and training with respect to proceeding with the flight despite concerns regarding the aircraft’s suitability for flight.

5) When and how the number 2 engine fire handle was pulled.

6) Standard operating procedures with respect to continuing the take-off roll despite continuous automated voice warnings of both ‘take-off flaps’ and ‘auto feather’ when there was ample time to abort the take-off.

7) The Airline management’s safety culture fostered throughout the airline.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by tundebj(m): 9:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Oh boy pls comot, is dis assu talk? Im listenn
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ikweremilitant: 9:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Tintinix: ....And Stella Oduah should resign because of a blatant disregard for safety warnings!!!!!!
pls ask ffk nd hs felow monkeys spawning thrash

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by dipznano: 9:43pm On Oct 11, 2013
I doubt diz analysis undecided
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by donphilopus: 9:47pm On Oct 11, 2013
good.good:

I guess you also had your training in Nigeria. Your English can crash a plane.
are you sure that's not Musiwa?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Kennysazzy(m): 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: In Nigeria, even the blackbox recording can be doctored for political gains. Don't let them put the wool over your eyes. No sane pilot will risk his own life by ignoring such a warning and take off anyway, unless he is a kamakaze pilot. Nonesense!!
I wonder oo let them start talking poo. That pilot I know him verry well he studied in UK , has 3 wifes and 12 children. How can such a person deicide to go on a suicide mission. He is nothing less than 68 years old. What experience is needed again na. Political stunt I tell u .. And they know so well the dead can't speak so they can talk all they wnt. Rip to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ikweremilitant: 9:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
awodman:

They accuse Stella Oduah of only beautifying our airports and I ask under whose tenure was this laboratory set up?

Before this black box would have been holed up in one laboratory in US or Europe and we would probably be waiting for the result

Oga pilot you see what non adherence to rules can cause

u dy mind dm.f f k is a jobles he goat, he is bord let hm go nd join d ele erun traders union in mushine, their he wil be relevant.shameles yoruba toad

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ikweremilitant: 9:52pm On Oct 11, 2013
Visocrate: the pilot should have been psychologically and cognitively examined before his take-off really
or investigatd for posible boko haram affiliation
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 9:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
ndu_chuks,

You saw my comments to you ?

manny4life:

Ndu, you're beginning to sound funny, so the bldg has to be inaugurated before they begin work? What if they flew in expert lab scientist to assist them? Besides, why do we have to spend tens of thousands of $$$ to send it abroad, when are we gonna fix our own?

Check this out

The following information has been determined from preliminary readout and analysis of flight 361’s flight recorders. Flight 361 was equipped with both a COCKPIT VOICE RECORDER and a FLIGHT DATA RECORDER. Both recorders were replayed at the Accident Investigation Bureau’s recently acquired flight recorder laboratory located in Abuja. International flight recorder experts from Canada who designed the laboratory assisted the investigation team with the readout and analysis process along with representatives from the aircraft manufacturer and aircraft operator,Associated Airlines. We are conducting the investigation in accordance with the provisions of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Annex 13, of which Nigeria is a member State.

Satisfied now? smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
Next time you want to board a plane pls ask for the name of the pilot. Terrorism is suspected.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by emmaelectelect(m): 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2013
baybiemee: And a heartless fellow said it was an act of God
So Stella is now the pilot who deliberately refused warnings. If u are the minister what would u have done to control a pilot that ignored warnings during takeoff

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Kennysazzy(m): 10:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
FOR GOD SAKE RESPECT THE DEAD !!! THE PILOT IS A YORUBA MAN I KNOW HIM WELLFOR GOD SAKE RESPECT THE DEAD !!! THE PILOT IS A YORUBA MAN I KNOW HIM WELLFOR GOD SAKE RESPECT THE DEAD !!! THE PILOT IS A YORUBA MAN I KNOW HIM WELL
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by NwezeAdaeze(f): 10:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
This is called negligence and carelesness, please other pilots should learn from this all this things dont suppose to be happening in a country like this pertaining to our level of development.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by frankhills(m): 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
Visocrate: the pilot should have been psychologically and cognitively examined before his take-off really
This Pilot of a thing self... IS He a Ram? Eh! Sorry,Hausa Man?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by nduchucks: 10:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
manny4life:

Yes flaps generate lift, however, he forgot to deploy the flaps...

Stop misinforming people. That partiucular aircraft had the capacity to take off by utilizing the flaps or take off without engaging the flaps. The alarm was to allow the pilot to decide whether to abort the takeoff, or signal a takeoff without flap engagement. The pilot apparently chose to proceed without engaging the flaps but because the aircraft was not air worthy in the first place, we had the crash.

I hold those who are charged with air safety including madame ministress squarely responsible for this mishap. Don't get it twisted, dolo.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo) / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.