Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:25 AM

Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox (71989 Views)

How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) / VIDEO: How The Plane Crashed In Lagos (Ikeja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Bizibi(m): 8:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
Some comments on this thread are just funny,some are conspiracy theorists and some are just clearly silly in the head
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by mafioso47(m): 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: In Nigeria, even the blackbox recording can be doctored for political gains. Don't let them put the wool over your eyes. No sane pilot will risk his own life by ignoring such a warning and take off anyway, unless he is a kamakaze pilot. Nonesense!!
must you criticise every positive move by Government agencies? Neglecting warning signs is something all of us do.. Commercial drivers, Private car owners , okada riders all of us. So what has doctoring Black box recording got to do with this?? Everyone knows the plan showed a reluctant take off ....
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by eddyland: 8:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
This is typical Nigerian mentality from the pilot, everything we take it light and unserious in this country, even things that could easily result to death. It happens on a daily bases in this country, people don't value human lives at all, not even their own life. Everything they want to manage, in our taxis and buses we see drivers managing bad tires, bad gears, they never fix things to perfection before moving, we see government allowing drivers to manage bad roads, take for instant the corps member that recently had an accident and died on his way to POP, the accident was due to bad roads . Manage and manage, people go as far as managing human lives. Just take another case of Boko haram when they killed those ground force soldiers because air cover that was suppose to follow up with their mission was aborted without informing the ground soldiers. Things like these keep happening day in day out, people are dying steady out of negligence and ignorance and yet who cares. This is a clear case of negligence and unprofessionalism from the pilot. Until our leaders and other stake holders start seeing human lives as sacred, things like this will continue to happen. Its a pity.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by donphilopus: 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
samuel900: My God doesn't do evil.
and one of our so called human being said it's an act of God

3 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by wengerjay(m): 8:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Beware!!!Boko Haram-trained Pilots mgt have been recruited to take over the local flights(caskets) in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by fashrola(m): 8:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
Ok AIB should investigate the DANA airplane crash.....
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
What is this AIB saying? There is a difference btw arguin,discussing and suggesting.

Once you go into argument you never discuss becos both parties r on opposing sides.Let them be fair in their findings and not judging a man based on assumptions.

The AIB hav revealed d supposed cause of the crash so what other info r they holding back that would interest d public?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Jakumo(m): 8:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
Orlando Owoh: It is only a fool, like those that have already, that will believe this lie. Ask yourself, how come the pilot and those in the cockpit were arguing over the air worthiness of the plane without the passengers noticing? Is the cockpit that enclosed that the passengers in the front role could not hear the "argument?"

Ha ha ha Orlando, you's da man. Let me explain. Unlike in the pickup truck that you board to and from your marijuana farm, aircraft pilots sit in a small room called a flight deck, which is separated from the passenger cabin by a closed door. Unless the pilots were engaged in a full contact fist fight, it is unlikely that any passenger would be able to hear what is being said behind that closed cockpit door, ESPECIALLY with the phucking engines spooling up.

Are you seriously asking what I think you are, or is this a joke ?

10 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
Orlando Owoh: It is only a fool, like those that have already, that will believe this lie. Ask yourself, how come the pilot and those in the cockpit were arguing over the air worthiness of the plane without the passengers noticing? Is the cockpit that enclosed that the passengers in the front role could not hear the "argument?"

You think an aircraft looks like the danfo you are used to
Kai
See the calibre of people in this place
Why should anyone ever take your posts seriously after this
Such ignorance

7 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 8:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
fashrola: Ok AIB should investigate the DANA airplane crash.....

AIB and NTSB are handling the case.

Yes, the cockpit is an enclosed cage, only the pilots/flight attendants are allowed in. You can barely hear a glass drop because it's sound proof, so no you won't even hear an argument unless something else is going on in there.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 11, 2013
picoba:
The pilot sound to be an half bake pilot. Education system in Nigeria!
I guess the pilot had is training here in Nigeria.

With your half-baked motor park English no wonder you think every other Nigerian is as bush and incompetent as you.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 8:18pm On Oct 11, 2013
babyosisi:

You think an aircraft looks like the danfo you are used to
Kai
See the calibre of people in this place
Why should anyone ever take your posts seriously after this
Such ignorance

Haba, calm down grin grin grin

We have to humbly explain these things to people who without the knowledge...
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by dewaks: 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
i can't but imagine how most guys here just open dere mouth and condemn the pilot because of the report from some desperate politicians trying to hide dere inefficiency.
I personally know daddy yakubu ( capt yakubu ). he is not a young pilot like most of you think. he's in his late 50s and have been flying for more than 30 yrs.
the last time I saw him was the sunday b4 d crash and he was still talking about his plan to go on holiday with his family this December so why will he ignore a warning that will end that dream. it is so sad to read sort here by some people calling book haram or is it because he bares a muslim name. for you information he is a Yoruba man.
if u have ever lost someone not just anyone but a great man with such a pleasant spirit and attitude in dis gruesome manner then u wont talk about them d wat most of you are doing right now.

why will he want to fly the plane after the warning and the warning came b4 takeoff? he is not a man dat shut people up rather he listen to people no matter your age, so i'm surprised they claim he was arguing with the co-pilot.

they should keep feeding us with lies when karma will catches up with dem we all will see.

5 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by labasulla(f): 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
ndu_chucks: In Nigeria, even the blackbox recording can be doctored for political gains. Don't let them put the wool over your eyes. No sane pilot will risk his own life by ignoring such a warning and take off anyway, unless he is a kamakaze pilot. Nonesense!!

One million likes

Nigerians likes lying on the dead since the pilot is dead what do u expect?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Pruddyluv: 8:20pm On Oct 11, 2013
Hmmmmmmm! May God help us all.........
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by JustGuy(m): 8:24pm On Oct 11, 2013
Tintinix: ....And Stella Oduah should resign because of a blatant disregard for safety warnings!!!!!!

I don't know why some of us talk like this. Was Stella the pilot, or did the warning ring in her office? Make we leav dis woman face ha work n make we face dose way wan do business even wit ppl life!

2 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by pbling: 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
d deed has been done lets forge ahead,dey myt hv altered it
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by specco(m): 8:25pm On Oct 11, 2013
Pull him Down syndrome. Stella Odua should not resign simply because some pilot chose to ignore obvious warning signs which the aircraft dutifully pointed out. Haters, detribalise yourselves and look at issues more objectively. Agagu just fulfilled some covenants earlier contracted while alive.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by dangiwa09(m): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
Visocrate: the pilot should have been psychologically and cognitively examined before his take-off really

Everyone in Nigeria needs same examination, starting from GEJ!

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
dewaks:
why will he want to fly the plane after the warning and the warning came b4 takeoff? he is not a man dat shut people up rather he listen to people no matter your age, so i'm surprised they claim he was arguing with the co-pilot.

they should keep feeding us with lies when karma will catches up with dem we all will see.

Bros, even the best pilots have fallen victim to their own flight experience, this isn't about experience, but sometimes, Pilots are so caught up in their actions or maybe he had something on his mind that day. He is only but a human and not computer therefore prone to errors. Flight experts have made mistakes that caused lives and property damage, so I won't be one of the folks who accuse him because I can imagine what's going on. However, to state that his experience doesn't justify the error isn't correct.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 11, 2013
The pilot is not hausa, he is yoruba muslem. Suicide people.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by specco(m): 8:31pm On Oct 11, 2013
specco: Pull him Down syndrome. Stella Odua should not resign simply because some pilot chose to ignore obvious warning signs which the aircraft dutifully pointed out. Haters, detribalise yourselves and look at issues more objectively. Agagu just fulfilled some covenants earlier contracted while alive.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by izoneb(f): 8:32pm On Oct 11, 2013
My amateur question is,are the people who cautioned them not to take off compelled to be quiet till the black box is found?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Hero10001: 8:33pm On Oct 11, 2013
Jensen_elizz: How the plane no go crash when na hausa man won fly am.....shey im thnk say na herd of cattle na im dey drive......mtchewwwwwww....i don provoke angry *tears cloth off and nearly use hammer nak my lumia* angry
I guess the pilot is from Borno..
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by dewaks: 8:34pm On Oct 11, 2013
manny4life:

Bros, even the best pilots have fallen victim to their own flight experience, this isn't about experience, but sometimes, Pilots are so caught up in their actions or maybe he had something on his mind that day. He is only but a human and not computer therefore prone to errors. Flight experts have made mistakes that caused lives and property damage, so I won't be one of the folks who accuse him because I can imagine what's going on. However, to state that his experience doesn't justify the error isn't correct.

don't get me wrong, av watch so many program on TV on plane crash but for a warning to come and he will ignore it despite d co-pilot observing it. den he started arguing wit him when he is aware that his life is @ risk. u sef think am?

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by busky101(m): 8:35pm On Oct 11, 2013
No sane pilot could have ignored the warning, unless he is boko/al-shabab/alqae-da.....abi na only crew d hear the warnings? Em for dey loudspeaker
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Okijajuju1(m): 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2013
Nastydroid: since an airplane has over 4 engines why didn't the pilot switch engines.I pray they RIP

This was a small aircraft and only had two tail mounted engines...

Planes also comes with. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 engines..
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by remzy(m): 8:38pm On Oct 11, 2013
Mr commissioner xpect us to belive becos d pilot is not alive to tell us his part of the story.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Jakumo(m): 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
Okija_juju:

This was a small aircraft and only had two tail mounted engines...

Planes also comes with. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 engines..

Okija this ya plane get as e be o, with that 5 engines system when oyibo self never take eye see. That one no be Aba made so ?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Sermwell(m): 8:39pm On Oct 11, 2013
baybiemee: And a heartless fellow said it was an act of God
. Imagine bro!! Dat fellow really needs beta flogging!mtchew!
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 8:41pm On Oct 11, 2013
dewaks:

don't get me wrong, av watch so many program on TV on plane crash but for a warning to come and he will ignore it despite d co-pilot observing it. den he started arguing wit him when he is aware that his life is @ risk. u sef think am?

Look bro, several issues could have played a factor here, PRIDE maybe. Can you imagine where your subordinate is telling you what to do? Like I said, anything could have happened, it takes just ONCE for it to happen.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 8:42pm On Oct 11, 2013
Jakumo:

Okija this ya plane get as e be o, with that 5 engines system when oyibo self never take eye see. That one no be Aba made so ?

Lol.. You beat me to it... 5 engines?

Special delivered from Okija shrine grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo) / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.