Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,488 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox (71994 Views)

How The Crashed Bristow Helicopter Was Transported To Lagos (photos) / Crashed Plane Carrying Agagu's Remains (Video) / VIDEO: How The Plane Crashed In Lagos (Ikeja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by InvertedHammer: 8:46pm On Oct 11, 2013
babyosisi:

You think an aircraft looks like the danfo you are used to
Kai
See the calibre of people in this place
Why should anyone ever take your posts seriously after this
Such ignorance

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by oderemo(m): 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
Okija_juju:

This was a small aircraft and only had two tail mounted engines...

Planes also comes with. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 engines..
Okija my broda, this your joke get. as he be oh . Even I dey watch DAT channel
Discovery , that mighty ship set no get 6 engine.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by crisycent: 8:48pm On Oct 11, 2013
All of una just they talk....How true is this AIB's report? You think say the pilot no like him own life? Nobody would risk flying a faulty aircraft. I don't even believe the AIB report.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by solomon111(m): 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2013
Orlando Owoh: I suspect something fishy; until this is confirmed by a foreign body like our NCAA, I remain indifferent. This report may have been doctored to save the job of Stella Oduah and the rot in the aviation sector which is shrounded in the deceit peddled in airport renovation.
Are you drunk?
When did NCAA become a "foreign" body?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by solomon111(m): 8:51pm On Oct 11, 2013
crisycent: All of una just they talk....How true is this AIB's report? You think say the pilot no like him own life? Nobody would risk flying a faulty aircraft. I don't even believe the AIB report.
Nobody is begging you to believe it.
Either you believe it or you don't.
That's your own business.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Bush2013: 8:53pm On Oct 11, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by samleey(m): 8:54pm On Oct 11, 2013
To me, this report was fabricated by the AIB, because the pilot cannot defend himself now. Yoruba will say " Oku ni won ma n paro month" meaning you can only lied against the dead because he cannot defend himself again. Our Aviation sector need to be reshuffle. Firstly any Aircraft dat is more than 10 years must not be use Locally in this country. 2nd, any aircraft that is more than 5 years must not be use internationally.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 8:55pm On Oct 11, 2013
ode remo:
Okija my broda, this your joke get. as he be oh . Even I dey watch DAT channel
Discovery , that mighty ship set no get 6 engine.

There are airplanes with six engines,

The Antonov AN 225 I believe is the only aircraft with 6 engines.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Bush2013: 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
[b][/b]WHAT DO WE EXPECT TO HAPPEN WHERE ABOKI IS THE PILOT,I HAVE ALWAYS SAID IT THAT ABOKI IS ABOKI EVEN IF HE IS ON SUIT.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by 3kay945(m): 8:56pm On Oct 11, 2013
Naija government that is synonymous to corruption and insincerity!
I don't believe this poo cool
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ifeanyija(m): 8:57pm On Oct 11, 2013
Why blaming aviation minister? If a car driver makes a mistake who do u blame? Minister of transport?

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by oderemo(m): 8:59pm On Oct 11, 2013
samleey: To me, this report was fabricated by the AIB, because the pilot cannot defend himself now. Yoruba will say " Oku ni won ma n paro month" meaning you can only lied against the dead because he cannot defend himself again. Our Aviation sector need to be reshuffle. Firstly any Aircraft dat is more than 10 years must not be use Locally in this country. 2nd, any aircraft that is more than 5 years must not be use internationally.

What is wrong with us in this country, the black box just brought the pilot and
His co. Back to life and you here disputing that. Its like listening to fela/bomb marlery and argue with the fact.
Have.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by olabukola: 9:02pm On Oct 11, 2013
Orlando Owoh: It is only a fool, like those that have already, that will believe this lie. Ask yourself, how come the pilot and those in the cockpit were arguing over the air worthiness of the plane without the passengers noticing? Is the cockpit that enclosed that the passengers in the front role could not hear the "argument?"
God have mercy, when you think you have read enough rubbish. Dudu Molue is diff from air plane. Some people need excursion to airport. Come to think, this boy is among the gang that refer their president as clueless fisher man.

6 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ibnakeem: 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
the_ripper3: Who actually cleared that plane for take-off and certified it air worthy?

I still find this news spurious though cuz this has to be the fastest Black box information retrieval ever.
help tell ODUAH'S APOLOGIST. They want to push the blame to the dead abi. God punish devil
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ibnakeem: 9:03pm On Oct 11, 2013
the_ripper3: Who actually cleared that plane for take-off and certified it air worthy?

I still find this news spurious though cuz this has to be the fastest Black box information retrieval ever.
help tell ODUAH'S APOLOGISTS. They want to push the blame to the dead abi. God punish devil
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by olabukola: 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
ibnakeem: help tell ODUAH'S APOLOGIST. They want to push the blame to the dead abi. God punish devil
so in your mind its oduah cleared the plane. IBB must be right by saying Nigerians youths are clueless. Smh
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by ballabriggs: 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
Another 'Kabiru Sokoto escaped, Kabiru Sokoto was rearrested' report. The pilot is no more so you can tell lies on his soul. It is very unusual for air accident investigators to give details of blackbox conversations. Why is this one different? To cover madam vampire's buttocks? To direct attention away from her incompetence?

Only fools will believe this unprofessional 'Kabiru Sokoto' report where air accident investigators disclose confidential information in a press conference. You do not need to visit alaogbaka shrine to know where this arrangee report has come from.

They are vampires! If they can lie on the dead, they will suck the blood of the living.

1 Like

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by callmenow: 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
The cursing and tales will need to stop. The pilot is not at fault, neither is the honorable minister if we must call her that. The blame worthy should be the owners of the aircraft and the operators. The blame culture in this blighted country means that people who should admit blame go into hiding whenever there is a mishap. Associated Flying Undertakers must step up to take a bow. The book should be thrown at them for the pain, blood and embarrassment heaped on Nigeria. Their details are below: Sorry no website. Never again fly on an aircraft without a website. I am still trying to find the beneficial owner.

Associated Aviation
56 Moshood Abiola Ave
Ikeja
Lagos
NIGERIA

Tel.: +234 1 270 4744
Fax: +234 1 270 474
Email: info@flyassociated.com

Type: Charter, regional, domestic, pax, cargo
Owner: -
Base: Lagos Murtala Mohammed (LOS)
Hubs: -
Start of ops: 1996
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by nduchucks: 9:05pm On Oct 11, 2013
Jakumo: Holy Cow! Taking off with the flaps audio warning hollering means the flaps were either not deployed at all, were incorrectly set for the takeoff weight and runway length, or were just selected LATE, during the takeoff roll.

Of the three possibilities, the most likely is that the pilot was late in deploying flaps, whereby the audio flaps warning continued to blare during the takeoff roll as the flaps slowly extended to the selected position. Normal protocol calls for takeoff flaps to be set BEFORE advancing throttles and releasing the brakes at the runway threshold, so the pilot did make a MAJOR procedural error, if the cockpit voice recorder is to be believed.

If you read the AIB report carefully, you would have noted that this aircraft could take off without the flaps. If the pilot made a decision to ignore the warning regarding the flaps, he must have taken the necessary steps to bypass the flap supported take off protocol. I am more inclined to believing that the aircraft was simply not air worthy - signaling another failure of Madam ministress and her ministry.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Gboliwe: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2013
picoba:
The pilot sound to be an half bake pilot. Education system in Nigeria!
I guess the pilot had is training here in Nigeria.

angry Are you not ashamed of yourself?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Fayrouzz(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2013
Wat wie they arguing abt... Man U Chelsea??
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by Thebrightest(m): 9:09pm On Oct 11, 2013
That pilot is a fool
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by manny4life(m): 9:10pm On Oct 11, 2013
ndu_chucks:

If you read the AIB report carefully, you would have noted that this aircraft could take off without the flaps. If the pilot made a decision to ignore the warning regarding the flaps, he must have taken the necessary steps to bypass the flap supported take off protocol. I am more inclined to believing that the aircraft was simply not air worthy - signalling another failure of Madam ministress and her ministry.

Bypass you say? We can see the result of his bypass undecided undecided undecided

He bypassed it and the warning signal kept coming on, and that makes his judgement good abi?
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by specco(m): 9:11pm On Oct 11, 2013
samleey: To me, this report was fabricated by the AIB, because the pilot cannot defend himself now. Yoruba will say " Oku ni won ma n paro month" meaning you can only lied against the dead because he cannot defend himself again. Our Aviation sector need to be reshuffle. Firstly any Aircraft dat is more than 10 years must not be use Locally in this country. 2nd, any aircraft that is more than 5 years must not be use internationally.

Even if the pilot wakes up and tells you that he was over confident that's why he ignored the warning signs you obviously would not believe him because of your desperation to nail Mrs Odua at all costs. You would probably wish the pilot told you that Mrs Odua suddenly appeared in the airplane's cockpit and violently made him to lose control of the airplane and hence the crash. That would be music to your ears. Man grow up and quit hating!

3 Likes

Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by nelie(m): 9:12pm On Oct 11, 2013
ITbomb: It was not an Act of God neither was it due to the age of the aircraft .
Even 20 yrs aircraft is still very safe .
This was mere negligence.
I believe the pilot wanted to avoid the blame of why didn't u check the plane before we came

U might be correct my brother. & in d process thinking & believing he could use his experience & expertise to technically manourver tins
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by multiconcept(m): 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
plz wat is the area of total aptitude test for ND operators
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by lovegeneration(m): 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2013
ITbomb: It was not an Act of God neither was it due to the age of the aircraft .
Even 20 yrs aircraft is still very safe .
This was mere negligence.
I believe the pilot wanted to avoid the blame of why didn't u check the plane before we came
u re right joooo
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by vislabraye(m): 9:14pm On Oct 11, 2013
The captain was careless and must be an ITK. See what this attitude has done for him. I wished he could be raised back from the dead and given 20 lashes of cane.
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by davdandam(m): 9:16pm On Oct 11, 2013
There's somethin fishy bout the report,flaps re meant to give u lift @ low speed and with that kind of weight no pilot will attempt takin off without flaps.as for engine failure,both engines were running even if one wasn't up to full thrust...wen u achieve v1(take off speed)procedure is to continue the take off and come in for an emmergency landing which I believe both engines should still be capable of doing.the investigation is not conclusive yet and I wanna give kudos to the minister for the facility to decode here in nigeria its a great achievement
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by tundebj(m): 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
The conclusion of the mata, if una wan hear... Lets just leave everythin to d all seeing God... In dis naija?, things de happen
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by opyzy(m): 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2013
It has happened it has happened the head has been cut off no need of blaming anyone now no need of crying over spilt milk
Re: Pilots Were Arguing Before Agagu's Plane Crashed - Blackbox by theshadyexpress(m): 9:22pm On Oct 11, 2013
donphilopus: and one of our so called human being said it's an act of God
and one of our so called literates does not understand English

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (20) (Reply)

Floods At Lekki Phase I: The Aftermath Of The Heavy Rain On Friday (Pictures) / How I Started My Tricycle (Keke) Business & How Much I Make In A Day (Photo) / Ibadan Bound Train Crossing Kajola Bridge. A Once Deeply Forested Area. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.