Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,932 members, 7,952,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? (11177 Views)

3 Years Older Than My Boyfriend: Is It Ok? / When You're On A Break Is It Ok To Sleep With Someone Else? / When is it OK to Cheat on your Partner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by bluemoon(f): 6:06pm On Jun 07, 2006
Is He Singly Married?

Should you continue to date a guy who's committed to marry someone else even though you're obviously both in love with eachother?
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by vinnyoku(f): 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2006
yes y not?
shocked
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Oyin100(f): 7:08am On Jun 08, 2006
You know he's committed to someone else. Won't that be a waste of time, headed for a heart-break?
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by georgee(m): 10:22am On Jun 08, 2006
please seun take this nonsense post away from here , people r looking 4 jobs,not one yeye , marriage story angry angry angry angry
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Badman888(m): 11:17am On Jun 08, 2006
how is he in love with you when he wants to marry someone else. how if they re arrainging the marriage for him ok it makes more sense then
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by tishbite(m): 11:25am On Jun 08, 2006
Badman888:

how is he in love with you when he wants to marry someone else. how if they re arrainging the marriage for him ok it makes more sense then

Badman, i thought u culd have been more wiser than this. advice this brat to make good use of the marital column, it will work more wonders for her.

Let talk things that affect members in this column.

i wonder why people cannot have respect for the affairs of others rather they come into an Annual General Meeting of Chairmen and MD's to talk about marriage and love.

What intrusive nonsense !!!!
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Jun 08, 2006
Yes it's very ok as long as it's also ok for another woman to date your own fiancee too!
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by DAMMYGLOW(f): 4:47pm On Jun 08, 2006
y would he be marrrying someone else when we are in love
i cant and i dont advise anybody to
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by jgirl3: 4:52pm On Jun 08, 2006
It is very wrong. Dating an engaged man is wrong
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Ashiwaju(m): 4:56pm On Jun 08, 2006
Well, he cant be in love with you and be angaged abeg, just consider yah self as an husband or wife snatcher unless and only if the engagemeant or union is dissolved then i believe u guys could have somethings together and @ thsoe looking for Job, u dont have to reply to the post u know? abi must u reply to every thread u see?
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by dominobaby(f): 4:57pm On Jun 08, 2006
*repeat davidlyan's post*
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by BigShishi(m): 5:01pm On Jun 08, 2006
it's okay when you want nothing but sorrow and sadness!!
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Rottweiler(m): 6:26pm On Jun 08, 2006
The whole thing sounds stupid to me. He's engaged to be married to someone else and you two are in love.
I can only guess that since the two of you are in love, YOU MUST BE IN LOVE WITH ONE COMMON PERSON. AND THAT SHOULD BE THE GIRL THAT HE'S ENGAGED TO grin I hope I ain't confusing you grin

The word LOVE has really suffered. I urge the owners of English to look for another word to replace it.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Busta(f): 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2006
is this a rhetorical question because i believe u already know the answer. What is wrong is wrong!! angry

why do people keeps asking questions like:

-is it ok to date a married/engaged man?
-can a man be in love with 2 sistas?
-I am dating a married man and i know his wife

the answer is "NO" and y'all should remember that "WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND" and stop inviting curses over your heads.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Hotstepper(f): 10:29pm On Jun 08, 2006
is he da only man at ur location? u shouldn't even ask diz question here, abeg, put urself in da gurl's position, stay away or ur life is in danger
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by chinani(f): 12:46am On Jun 09, 2006
LOL Hotstepper! You'd think God only made 1 or 2 men for millions of women. wink

If y'all love each other then why isn't he engaged to you

My thought on one's love life is if you have to ask "is it ok?" then the answer must be "NO". If it was yes, you wouldn't need to ask.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by zionchic(f): 2:23am On Jun 09, 2006
georgee:

please seun take this nonsense post away from here , people r looking 4 jobs,not one yeye , marriage story angry angry angry angry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
tishbite:

i wonder why people cannot have respect for the affairs of others rather they come into an Annual General Meeting of Chairmen and MD's to talk about marriage and love.

What intrusive nonsense !!!!
LMAO cheesy cheesy cheesy

sometimes i think people just come up here to seek some kind of attention, there are a million and one rhetorics on nairaland that would answer your question, why don't you go and check them and stop bothering pple, with silly questions that have clear answers.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by shockreaction(m): 3:13am On Jun 09, 2006
No, it's not okay.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by baby4u2(f): 6:47am On Jun 09, 2006
davidylan:

Yes it's very ok as long as it's also ok for another woman to date your own fiancee too!

Was about to say that. Thank God i read through and found out that we were on the same page.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by curiousNja(f): 7:26am On Jun 09, 2006
I'm with ya Chinani!
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Rhea(f): 9:46am On Jun 09, 2006
Bluemoon,

If this guy is already committed to marrying someone else, then it's about time you let him go. Persistence usually doesn't work at this stage. But do not severe the relationship in malice. He may be committed but may end up not marrying her. If that happens (not that you should pray for that), you could have another go at him.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by Rhodalyn(f): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2006
nope!! it aint ok but i wouldnt mind doing it esp. when the other woman is a bitch!!
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:54pm On Jun 09, 2006
no its not okay. angry
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by mamaput(f): 1:13pm On Jun 09, 2006
Its sad because only one person is in love the othse is lieing , wants to have his cake and eat it. If the love was strong enough he will marry you.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by ToyM28(f): 1:24pm On Jun 09, 2006
Its not. Wat goes around, comes around. If u do, someone might sleep with ur fiancee wen u guyz are engaged. Dat aint a nice feeling.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by zarah(f): 1:36pm On Jun 09, 2006
There is nothing wrong with it jare.

Nobody has even bothered to ask for the circumstances surrounding the issue.
wat if you guys are in love and have been, but can't get married for one reoson or the other, and he has to marry for a reoson too, does dat mean you must break up just becos he is getting married?

even dating a married man is not wrong talkless of engaged man.
abi una neva see where groom no show up for church?
he isn't married untill he is married. so my dear enjoy urself and if he does go ahead and get married nothing dey happen just keep loving till u too marry.

the only wrong r/ship is the one btw a man married to another woman with a woman married to another man.

and for those who say wat goes around comes around. i say haha.

someone will always sleep with ur husband anyway. if u like let him be the only man u v eva dated.
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by ToyM28(f): 1:38pm On Jun 09, 2006
If they claim 2 be in love nd the man is engaged, then obviously the man doesnt love u enof 2 cut of the engagement (no matter d reason). It just proves he might like u, but his fiancee has greater prority (cuz of watever reason). Nd in dat case, one shld feel really bad. Nd no matter d reason its still wrong
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by reni: 2:33pm On Jun 09, 2006
yes,y not
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by chinani(f): 4:51pm On Jun 09, 2006
@Zarah
So the only taboo relationship is one where the woman is married?? Dating a married man (or engaged one) isn't wrong but a married woman is

And to think, some people say woman are not also fools. grin
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by BigShishi(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2006
zarah, i'm feelin ur flow baby!!
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by chinani(f): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2006
Big Shishi:

zarah, i'm feelin your flow baby!!
Is this the same ShiShi who cries "Woe is me, Women are shaddy. . .my poor heart"? embarassed But maybe that other man stole your identity. grin
Re: Is It Ok To Date An Engaged Man? by baby4u2(f): 7:37pm On Jun 09, 2006
@ Zarah you are completely wrong, and ur analysis wrong too. Someone would not always sleep with ur husband, maybe thats ur mindset because of the guys u come across but i dont believe that for myself or even hope for it so do most girls. Then again did u even think of the girl getting a man for herself and not another persons man? Anyway u're a good adviser to must girls that are heading for heartbreaks. Remember Nigeria is not like America or other parts of the world. Most people want to save face/image/name. That guy is not going to leave his wife to be with her, she's just a side dish for now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Your Secret Admirer On Nl And I Promise I Won't Tell. . .lmao! / What Would You Do...... If You Find Your Girlfriend Doing This? [PHOTO] / Why Is This Girl Doing This To Her Madam's Husband? (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.