Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (294) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (611697 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by oghos2k(m): 11:54am On Jun 30, 2014
Ok.. I'll start to write one now
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by oghos2k(m): 11:55am On Jun 30, 2014
Anyone got a sample SOP?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
But seriously am not sure if I did write dis SOP of a tin,
I remember answering a questionnaire about how I got to know about the school and why am going to canada and how it will benefit my country.
I answered all with one sentence didn't rili stress myself

But if SOP min anything else thank God I escaped writing it grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinnygod: 12:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
oghos2k: Anyone got a sample SOP?

You can make some search on google....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tillfinity: 12:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mehn! Been following this thread for like 3 weeks and the day I joined nairaland and made a post. it crashed angry [color=#000000][/color]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tokiniofficial(m): 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
tillfinity: Mehn! [i]Been following this thread for like 3 weeks [/i]and the day I joined nairaland and made a post. it crashed angry [color=#000000][/color]

Abeg make dis time e no crash o as u don join again grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tillfinity: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
tokiniofficial:

Lol! It won't..I cover it wif the blood of JESUS grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by emperoracro(m): 12:43pm On Jun 30, 2014
tokiniofficial:

hahahhaahahahaha
Amen o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 1:26pm On Jun 30, 2014
Wow! Nairaland finally back, I really missed all the infos and dramas. I prophesy medical call ups and trvs this week. God aint sleeping,He never does.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 1:33pm On Jun 30, 2014
oghos2k: Anyone got a sample SOP?
Miss Bon gave this guidelines some times back, I think it should help in writing your sop; Please follow these formats in ur paragraphs
paragraph 1..... introduction of urself and course of study(why you
chose the course)
paragraph 2...... how you chose the course and its impact on ur career
paragraph 3...... the few work experiences you have thats related to
this course(Pls note: FEW)
paragraph 4....... why you chose canada and its impact on ur future
career
paragraph 5....... leaving Canada and what you intend to do on ur
return to Nigeria Please make this Paragraphs as short as possible so
as to avoid dryness in reading....lol please follow that
format....then you're good to
go....
Goodluck and have a great week ahead

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 1:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
tokiniofficial: I applied 22nd of may
Was sent email for medical last Wednesday

Ok. tot u applied june. congrats hoping to gt mine too.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Clandestine60: 1:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hello guys,Please do you know the Nigerian banks whose debit cards are accepted for the Canadian visa online application? Specifically speaking, do you know if GTB debit mastercards are accepted.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift response.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 2:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
Amefrica: wink Shoot me a PM, for more details.. grin grin
u wont talk now. shey na two of us reapply? tell embassy to shoot you pm for our medicals joor.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 2:03pm On Jun 30, 2014
Clandestine60: Hello guys,Please do you know the Nigerian banks whose debit cards are accepted for the Canadian visa online application? Specifically speaking, do you know if GTB debit mastercards are accepted.
Thanks in anticipation of a swift response.
GTB debit mastercard works effectively. Good luck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Clandestine60: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
BaaleofMontreal: GTB debit mastercard works effectively. Good luck
Tanx bro. Please,do u av an idea on others that are accepted. UBA credit card?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jun 30, 2014
Thanks to those who helped me with my previous question. I've got another question. Sorry embarassed

Does anybody know what I'm expected to put in for the 'cost of room and board, funds available for my stay and other' question when filling the application? The thing is I'm a sponsored student and going on a one year exchange program. Should I put in the figures I've always received as rent and monthly upkeep in my present country of residence and school? I can't show proof of this as I don't have my sponsor's bank statements however they have always paid up in terms of tuition, rent and monthly allowance. I just have an official sponsorship letter. Would that suffice? I'm filling the form now and would appreciate any input from you guys. Thanks.

For the employment bit, what of those who haven't worked before? Abi na to lie on top visa application? can I fill in Not applicable?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
Clandestine60:
Tanx bro. Please,do u av an idea on others that are accepted. UBA credit card?
Not sure about UBA though but I guess it should work. I used GTB card when I applied, I heard Zenith and First Bank card too is ok
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
ms.anon:
Thanks to those who helped me with my previous question. I've got another question. Sorry embarassed

Does anybody know what I'm expected to put in for the 'cost of room and board, funds available for my stay and other' question when filling the application? The thing is I'm a sponsored student and going on a one year exchange program. Should I put in the figures I've always received as rent and monthly upkeep in my present country of residence and school? I can't show proof of this as I don't have my sponsor's bank statements however they have always paid up in terms of tuition, rent and monthly allowance. I just have an official sponsorship letter. Would that suffice? I'm filling the form now and would appreciate any input from you guys. Thanks
I think for the cost of room and board; put between $12,000 - $14,000 if your school is in Quebec province or between $10,000 - $12,000 for other provinces. Let the amount you'll put for funds available for stay and other be a little bit higher than what the cost of room and board will be. You can't put the amount you receive for rent and monthly upkeep in your present country because cost of living vary from country to country. By the way, are you sponsored by a government or a scholarship board? If not, you'll have to provide bank statement of your sponsor and other necessary documents. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
ms.anon:

Does anybody know what I'm expected to put in for the 'cost of room and board, funds available for my stay and other' question when filling the application? The thing is I'm a sponsored student and going on a one year exchange program. Should I put in the figures I've always received as rent and monthly upkeep in my present country of residence and school? I can't show proof of this as I don't have my sponsor's bank statements however they have always paid up in terms of tuition, rent and monthly allowance. I just have an official sponsorship letter. Would that suffice? I'm filling the form now and would appreciate any input from you guys. Thanks.

For the employment bit, what of those who haven't worked before? Abi na to lie on top visa application? can I fill in Not applicable?
pertaining to the employment aspect; pls don't lie there, just put N/A but you'll have to explain what you've been up to in your sop. Goodluck
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
BaaleofMontreal: I think for the cost of room and board; put between $12,000 - $14,000 if your school is in Quebec province or between $10,000 - $12,000 for other provinces. Let the amount you'll put for funds available for stay and other be a little bit higher than what the cost of room and board will be. You can't put the amount you receive for rent and monthly upkeep in your present country because cost of living vary from country to country. By the way, are you sponsored by a government or a scholarship board? If not, you'll have to provide bank statement of your sponsor and other necessary documents. Goodluck

Thanks Baale! I'm sponsored by a Government board. Am I good to go with just the Sponsorship letter?
For the cost of room and board, how about I convert the present figure I receive to Canadian dollars, approximately? Any idea what should go in for funds available for my stay? The only figure i'm certain of is my tuition. The rest... I just donno.

I was thinking of uploading my own bank statements alongside the sponsorship letter.. That would show records of payment from my sponsorship body and what little balance i have. Good idea or not? I'm also not sure how far back the bank statements should be dated. Would you happen to know? Thanks though. You've been helpful.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
hello house plz i need ur urgent reponse. can someone with a pass in first degree n above 30yrs apply for pgd? if yes wats d probability of bn granted trv? tnx n God bless u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by drizzleera: 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
justwise: LIST OF MEDICAL AND TRV HOPEFULS
(SUMMER/FALL - SEPT 2014)
1. Equlibrium Seneca FEBRUARY 27 Paper route
2. Pcachuks Lambton MARCH 4 Paper route TRV
3. mistur_chris: MARCH 15 paper route lambton
college
4.Coolsammy1: Holland college MARCH 19
Online route (FALL/SEPT -2014 resumption)
5. Drizzle_era Centennial college APRIL 02
( FALL/SEPT -2014 resumption ).
6. Walofy88: APRIL 3 online route humbton
college CHOPPED TRV
7. Kingsolve: mohawk APRIL 10 Online route
CHOPPED TRV
8. Tianadiva APRIL 17 Paper route
9. Sleem-b: APRIL 19 MUN TRV loading
10.Chris viral: APRIL 25, Mcgill University Online
route.
11. Algorithm: APRIL 25 Mcgil university online route. TRV chopped
12. Galaxxy: May 16, USASK. Online route
13. McToby: May 28, New brunswick community college Online route.
14. Halle2: June 6, MUN online route.
15. Aulor: June 6, USASK paper route.
16. UzoTheZone: June 9, Georgian college online route.
17. Owenizes: June 11, Humber college. Online route.
18. Amefrica: June 13, University of Prince
Edward Island(UPEI) Online route.
19. mPop: June 13, Centennial college online route.
20. Haustraliah: June 22, medicine hat college online route.
N.B- If you have gotten your admission for
spring/summer and have applied for TRV. Please
provide the following information
*submission date
**Mode of submission: online/paper
***Institution
Cheers

Good day to everyone,
Errrrm in other news TRV has been chopped. All thanks to God Almighty.
Applied: 02/04/14
Medicals: 06/05/14
Approval notification: 03/06/14
Passport collected: 30/06/14

I thank God for fulfilling His promise. To this house I also say a big thank you for helping me keep calm all through the process cos the wait ain't easy. To all those awaiting either TRV or medicals, your testimonies aren't far away. Just trust that He's able and you'll be surprised. #Godain'tsleeping

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 3:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
hello house plz i need ur urgent reponse. can someone with a pass in first degree n above 30yrs apply for pgd? if yes wats d probability of bn granted trv? tnx n God bless u.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
chizzy01: u wont talk now. shey na two of us reapply? tell embassy to shoot you pm for our medicals joor.

LOL! It's like you are a week aheada me. June what?

Baby, don't you worry ...it will surely come.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
drizzle_era:

Good day to everyone,

I thank God for fulfilling His promise. To this house I also say a big thank you for helping me keep calm all through the process cos the wait ain't easy. To all those awaiting either TRV or medicals, your testimonies aren't far away. Just trust that He's able and you'll be surprised. #Godain'tsleeping

Yay! Congrats bro. cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tinchyvuh: 3:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
gooday ause.pls I was rejected solely on purpose of visit.I included my admission letter and even paid part payment bt I still got rejected only on purpose of vist wich was clearly stipulated in my admission letter wich is for study.pls how do I appeal dis and wat is the process of appealing like.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
ms.anon:

Thanks Baale! I'm sponsored by a Government board. Am I good to go with just the Sponsorship letter?
For the cost of room and board, how about I convert the present figure I receive to Canadian dollars, approximately? Any idea what should go in for funds available for my stay? The only figure i'm certain of is my tuition. The rest... I just donno.

I was thinking of uploading my own bank statements alongside the sponsorship letter.. That would show records of payment from my sponsorship body and what little balance i have. Good idea or not? I'm also not sure how far back the bank statements should be dated. Would you happen to know? Thanks though. You've been helpful.
Do the conversion to canadian dollars first to ensure that the amount the government is sponsoring you with is not less than your tuition +living expenses. If it is more, then you're good to go with the sponsorship letter but please not it must be indicated in the sponsorship letter must include what the sponsorship is covering like tuition, accommodation, monthly stipend,etc and also the duration for sponsorship. when you're inputing the amount it must be in canadian dollars not naira or american dollar. Funds available for your stay will be living expenses + tuition e.g if you're in Quebec Province and your tuition is $17,000 per year; the funds available for your stay should be or more than $12,000(minimum cost of living for Quebec province per year) + $17,000(tuition) = $29,000 or if you school is in any other province, funds available should be: $10,000(living expenses) + $17,000 (tuition) = $27,000. You can attach your statement of account of like 6 months to show proof of previous payment made to you by the government. Goodluck. Grandpa Chrigo and Miss Bon please also contribute to this situation.Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2014
drizzle_era:

Good day to everyone,

Congrats bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by BaaleofMontreal: 3:20pm On Jun 30, 2014
tinchyvuh: gooday ause.pls I was rejected solely on purpose of visit.I included my admission letter and even paid part payment bt I still got rejected only on purpose of vist wich was clearly stipulated in my admission letter wich is for study.pls how do I appeal dis and wat is the process of appealing like.thanks
Sorry about your denial bro. I've never heard anyone appealing to a canadian visa denial. I'll advise you to list the documents you submitted, so that peeps here will advise you so that you'll be able to reapply. By the way,did you attach sop to your application? Are you going for undergraduate or graduate program? Its just a delay bro, your testimony is coming soon, it will all end in praise. God aint sleeping
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chizzy01(f): 3:29pm On Jun 30, 2014
Amefrica:

LOL! It's like you are a week aheada me. June what?

Baby, don't you worry ...it will surely come.
5th june oh.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by drizzleera: 3:30pm On Jun 30, 2014
Amefrica:

Yay! Congrats bro. cheesy
Thanks brother. I'm just chilling for your own testimony cos it's long overdue. Keep the faith alive bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by drizzleera: 3:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
BaaleofMontreal: Congrats bro
Tanx bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.