Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,574 members, 7,820,061 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (610494 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by SleemB: 10:57am On Oct 13, 2013
Hello all,
I need guidance and advice on my second visa application against Sept 2014.
I got admission to MUN for engr'ng management earlier this year(for Sept 2013) and I got an agent for the visa application.though my school fees was 22k CAD,i had a closing balance of over 6m though about 3million left some weeks after,I was denied based on SPONSORSHIP NOT CREDIBLE.
A friend that works with an oil firm wanted to co-sponsor then but my agent said it might not fly cos I already had a family and it might be difficult for the VO to swallow that.Though I am married with a kid,my wife lost her job late last year,so i could not add her salary account statement.
MUN has sent my new deferral offer against 2014 and I plan to start the application myself.Please i need all the right guidance I can get.My monthly salary is about 220K per month.kindly advise how best to package the application to avoid the sponsorship credibility issue agai.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:17am On Oct 13, 2013
kclexa:

I agree 100% with Onye oma; there is a very high possibility of getting admission and transfer credit. Please contact the school about this, ensure you give full detail of his performance and achievements.

He is not too young, this is the perfect time to develop his potentials. Please encourage him the best way you can.

Thank you very much fot your help. We'll start lookimg into the transcript issue. It seems to be the major thing that can stand in the way right now.
If there are any other problems, I'm sure NLers will be a wonderful help. smiley
kclexa:

I agree 100% with Onye oma; there is a very high possibility of getting admission and transfer credit. Please contact the school about this, ensure you give full detail of his performance and achievements.

He is not too young, this is the perfect time to develop his potentials. Please encourage him the best way you can.

Thank you very much fot your help. We'll start lookimg into the transcript issue. It seems to be the major thing that can stand in the way right now.
If there are any other problems, I'm sure NLers will be a wonderful help.

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nicemax: 11:46am On Oct 13, 2013
Chrigo and tonyrero....pls take heart.....U guys are now a silent follower (Sacrificial lamb). grin

I will announce my medics call up this week and in this part 5.....There will be more good news in the house this week....Ranging from Medical instruction / TRV breakthrough...Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 11:59am On Oct 13, 2013
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 11:59am On Oct 13, 2013
cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 12:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Sleem-B:
Hello all,
I got admission to MUN for engr'ng management earlier this year(for Sept 2013) and I got an agent for the visa application.though my school fees was 22k CAD,i had a closing balance of over 6m though about 3million left some weeks after,I was denied based on SPONSORSHIP NOT CREDIBLE.
A friend that works with an oil firm wanted to co-sponsor then but my agent said it might not fly cos I already had a family and it might be difficult for the VO to swallow that.Though I am married with a kid,my wife lost her job late last year,so i could not add her salary account statement.
MUN has sent my new deferral offer against 2014 and I plan to start the application myself.Please i need all the right guidance I can get.My monthly salary is about 220K per month.kindly advise how best to package the application to avoid the sponsorship credibility issue agai.

So sorry your agent did not give you the brilliant idea he was meant to render.

There are red flags you must avoid when applying as a married man because the VO is interested in knowing how you plan to support yourself and family without working in Canada even if you are entitled to 20hrs/week work permit.

A tuition of 22k by an exchange rate of 157 to a dollar, will give you 3.45M; so your balance needs to be almost double this amount because you are self sponsored and have no other means of support.

I have a colleague who was in same situation but finally he got his trv and he is currently in canada. In his case he payed his tuition upfront before applying.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 12:27pm On Oct 13, 2013
Justwise, I have to appreciate you for this forum. Also need to air my opinion about the ban placed on ChriGo and Tonyero. I know they broke the first rule "Please post on topic always, don't derail or tribalize thread" but I'm sure we have all seen a lot of people break various rules in posting from mispelt censcored words to fonts in caps and promotional links and none of them have been banned to my knowledge. I'm not saying what they did was right, just saying a private warning would have sufficed and a ban if they don't adhere.
Not trying to cause any rift just airing my opinion.
Once again, thanks for your admin role in this thread as it has been invalauble.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 12:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
Sleem-B:
Hello all,
@ sleem-B, did u get a letter of employment and study leave letter from your employer? Did u submit a c of o of any building to show u have home tiles? I don't think 6 million is too small for the visa application, I no of ppl that even had 3.5 million and we're given study visa. In a nutshell, I will be willing to help but let's see all the documents you submitted along with your application?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justwise(m): 12:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
clusterphobia: Justwise, I have to appreciate you for this forum. Also need to air my opinion about the ban placed on ChriGo and Tonyero. I know they broke the first rule "Please post on topic always, don't derail or tribalize thread" but I'm sure we have all seen a lot of people break various rules in posting from mispelt censcored words to fonts in caps and promotional links and none of them have been banned to my knowledge. I'm not saying what they did was right, just saying a private warning would have sufficed and a ban if they don't adhere.
Once again, thanks for your admin role in this thread as it has been invalauble.

Show me any of those, i don't read every single post but each time i come across such i will hide the post followed by a ban depending on the offense. People may post promotional link because they 'think' they are trying to help others or post in uppercase just to lay emphasis etc, such requires warning before ban but tribal comment is a hate crime, its premeditated action that could be expressed even physically and i can not stand dark minded individuals like that.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
clusterphobia: Justwise, I have to appreciate you for this forum. Also need to air my opinion about the ban placed on ChriGo and Tonyero. I know they broke the first rule "Please post on topic always, don't derail or tribalize thread" but I'm sure we have all seen a lot of people break various rules in posting from mispelt censcored words to fonts in caps and promotional links and none of them have been banned to my knowledge. I'm not saying what they did was right, just saying a private warning would have sufficed and a ban if they don't adhere.
@ clusterphobia, u do and will not miss chriGo especially than myself. He has been the reason for everyone in the house to cool there nerves with chdc tension. I was abt cautioning him before abt his too numerous jokes before justwise banned him. @ justwise I understand your veiw as to Chrigo and Tonyero's statements because am also an advocate that dislikes tribalism and can't stand it for a second because the bible says love your neighbour as yourself. I will want to say that Chrigo most especially in his playful manner just made a tribalistic statement which he didn't really mean. I know your an independent fellow and have your veiw which can't be ultered by me, but will still like to plead on behalf of chrigo and Tonyero, that they should just be suspended for a time to serve as deterent to others,thereafter be unban. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
nicemax: Chrigo and tonyrero....pls take heart.....U guys are now a silent follower (Sacrificial lamb). grin

I will announce my medics call up this week and in this part 5.....There will be more good news in the house this week....Ranging from Medical instruction / TRV breakthrough...Cheers!

AMEN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by SleemB: 1:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
kayconsult: @ sleem-B, did u get a letter of employment and study leave letter from your employer? Did u submit a c of o of any building to show u have home tiles? I don't think 6 million is too small for the visa application, I no of ppl that even had 3.5 million and we're given study visa. In a nutshell, I will be willing to help but let's see all the documents you submitted along with your application?

these are the docs I submitted:
1.statement of salary account with a closing bal of 6m,though about 3m came in the month of submission.
2.Payslip of about 200k net.
3.pension statement of about 1,9m
4.employment letter stating that i earn about 4.4m annually.
5.official employment letter from my manager (stating that i will have to handover weeks before my leave)
6.my wife's birth cert and passport.
7.my son's birth cert.
8.payment receipt of 2000CAD from MUN.
these are the vital docs I could remember.
I could not get a leave letter as i am not qualified according to my organization's policy on study leave,I have a land that was valued at about 2.5m as at the time of application but my agent did not include it cos it has no C.of O.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
earthgreeners:

Sorry please.. What Yellow card? it used to be rectangular, them wan change am to circle?.. and is FG the name of the referee for the Ethiopia vs Nigeria match?
cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ahmedonia4real(m): 2:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
Thank God it is part 5.....testimony will over shadow this part IJN..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
Thank God I am one of the the early followers of PART 5 of this thread.I became more aware of this thread toward the late stage of PART 4. I will be applying for student visa next year as I will be rounding up my service 2014. I need all the advice,clues,tips,hint,tricks grin I can get to be successful in this endeavour.God bless you all as you deliberate,elaborate and dish out solution on the hurdles will need to maneuver to reach our goals.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kayconsult(m): 4:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
Sleem-B:

1.statement of salary account with a closing bal of 6m,though about 3m came in the month of submission.
5.official employment letter from my manager (stating that i will have to handover weeks before my leave)
7.my son's birth cert.
I could not get a leave letter as i am not qualified according to my organization's policy on study leave,I have a land that was valued at about 2.5m as at the time of application but my agent did not include it cos it has no C.of O.
@ sleem-B, all u've stated as documents submitted to the embassy should grant you a student visa.Am sorry to say this, but your agent does'nt have any expereince in what is doing. I also used an agent too and he strongly advise that I should submit my sponsors c of o, and even if he had'nt got any, I would have settled for a survey plan or the receipt of the purchse of the land. How can he say you should'nt submit a land valued at 2.5 along with your application because it does'nt have a c of o ? If it does'nt hav a c of o, atleast it should have a survey plan or atleast a receipt issued as at the time of purchase. Atleast this could have added to your asset worth. And kindly remember all other doc you submitted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 4:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
Hi guys....on VFS website dey said tmrw is a public holiday for them...http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/Nigeria/publicholiday.html

pls does anyone know if dey observe dis hols aspa naija we dnt have tanksgiving. I suppose go there tmrw..

Thanks..
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 4:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
hi guys..incase tmrw is a public holiday in VFS (tanksgiving) n I can't get my passport, is dia a chance Asaju will attend to me with just a photocopy of it alongside d medical form?

tanks guys as I luk 4wad to hearin from u
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 5:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
Quantumfisika: hi guys..incase tmrw is a public holiday in VFS (tanksgiving) n I can't get my passport, is dia a chance Asaju will attend to me with just a photocopy of it alongside d medical form?

tanks guys as I luk 4wad to hearin from u

if u have a drivers license or national ID, u can take it along..... tomorrow is public hols in Canada.....Thanksgiving
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 5:17pm On Oct 13, 2013
Naijaphil: Hello,
The family has started processing documents for my brother to transfer from a Nigerian school here to Canada. He is a bright chap, currently on a 4.87 cGPA on a 5.0 level and with all A's and B's in WAEC two years ago. He has represented the country in robotics competitions. We say make the dude chill and finish here, he no agree, says the school isn't teaching anything. Before we start spending money on unis, what are his chances of getting into an robotics engineering course somewhere like uni of Waterloo or Victoria? How much will we spend? Will they let him transfer or start again (he is currently in 200 level)? Is he too young (just 17)?
Thanks a bundle for your help o. You guys are doing wonderful things. Any info is appreciated, just want the best for my baby bro.

Warning: make sure u make proper arrangement for the boy cos its a different ball game here in Canada
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 5:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
kclexa:

He is too young to be left alone...therefore, proper arrangement should be made to monitor his progress.....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ancient1: 5:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
Hello house,
Is it ok to submit the telex copy payment ref because a receipt for my board fee is not yet available and I want to return my passport via vfs tomorrow. Meds was done on 7th Oct and I'm to resume on 1st November. I got the instruction to pay a years accommodation which I did on 9th Oct but a receipt is not yet ready.
I hope there are people who presented the telex copy as proof of payment in place of a receipt from the school and got their visa issued.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 5:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
Sleem-B:

7.my son's birth cert.

Your documents would have been adequate if your were sponsoring your wife, child or someone else. From all indication, you will be quitting your job therefore there will no salary inflow to sustain you and your family.
Like I mentioned before; you need to sure enough balance in your account to cater for yourself and your family except you show proof that your wife is able to sustain herself and the child whilst you are away.

The issue here is not a matter C of O to a land you own. What the VO is concerned about is verifiable continues source of income which I believe your land is not earning you money via rentage.

It has been said severally on NLand that you don't really need to pay big bucks to agants as they don't perform miracles. Lets get some fact straight here.

Look at the requirements as a VO would:
1) Can the student pay his full tuition and accommodation without seeking a job?
2) What are his cash flow while studying in canada?
3) Does he have dependants he must support financially? If yes; how will he sustain them without a job?

Once you can answer these questions correctly then you are sure to scale through the visa process.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
earthgreeners:

He is too young to be left alone...therefore, proper arrangement should be made to monitor his progress.....

"Too young at 17" you are kidding me right? Young yes but not too young.
Take a look at the universities in Canada, UK and USA; you will see a lot of his age mates both foriegn and local students doing just fine. This is why most foriegn universities give accommodation preference to first here undergraduate students.

You must understand that being 17 now means he would be 18 (adult) next year when they plan on sending him over.

As for the case of proper arrangements like funding ; I am 100% on your advice. Canada is a far way from home. But please give the young man a chance and a bright future. I really wish I had the opportunity at that age, having finished secondary school at 16.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 6:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
ancient1: Hello house,
Is it ok to submit the telex copy payment ref because a receipt for my board fee is not yet available and I want to return my passport via vfs tomorrow. Meds was done on 7th Oct and I'm to resume on 1st November. I got the instruction to pay a years accommodation which I did on 9th Oct but a receipt is not yet ready.
I hope there are people who presented the telex copy as proof of payment in place of a receipt from the school and got their visa issued.

By my experience, your money will reflect in your university bank account by tomorrow being the 3rd day after payment but the problem is that both the school and CDHC will be on Thanksgiving holiday tomorrow, so there is not much you can do about the receipt.

What deadline did CDHC give you to submit the receipt? If you still got until Wednesday; I would advice that you give the school a call on Tuesday and have them send you a copy of the recipt via email. So you just print and submit along with your telex.

Good luck with your TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 7:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
...Had a solid prayer for all applicants at church today... from fresh to Medical hopefuls, to Visa and to all those who have landed and in school.... Well...the Good Lord that made you guys decide to pick Canada as your destination is not a liar... He has gone before everyone to perfect ur ways... Nothing happens without God's anticipation... so.. no shaking... Enough good news this week... #BelieveinGod

10 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
Siga: ...Had a solid prayer for all applicants at church today... from fresh to Medical hopefuls, to Visa and to all those who have landed and in school.... Well...the Good Lord that made you guys decide to pick Canada as your destination is not a liar... He has gone before everyone to perfect ur ways... Nothing happens without God's anticipation... so.. no shaking... Enough good news this week... #BelieveinGod

Thank you so much BOSS...I key into this new week's success story/medical call 200%...

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by nicemax: 7:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
Siga: ...Had a solid prayer for all applicants at church today... from fresh to Medical hopefuls, to Visa and to all those who have landed and in school.... Well...the Good Lord that made you guys decide to pick Canada as your destination is not a liar... He has gone before everyone to perfect ur ways... Nothing happens without God's anticipation... so.. no shaking... Enough good news this week... #BelieveinGod

Amen!!!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by frederal(m): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2013
ChriGo: ....We open this thread in the name of the father, the son , the holy spirit....Thousands of goodnews shall spring forth from this part 5...God will favour us all....I pray....God bless u Justwise.....

I don't like the name or any form of mention of the name of our Father coming with small letter(first letter)...either the Son or Holy Spirit.
Weldone!
We are marching on!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by frederal(m): 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
kjbobo:
Let the guy get jackets and snow boots here now....the quality and ability to withstand the cold kind will be easier to get here.
I just got my jackets on gap online and snow boots from Aldo.
If you get updates....these guys do a lot of online sales.
My jacket sells for $200 in gap shop,$160 online and I got it $90 on sale.....But I will advise he buys his shirts and tops in naija too

You are right, online purchase gives the best prices.
Try also " shoeme.ca" and Ebay. I bought a timberland boot at amazing price at shoeme.ca
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justicia: 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
I just applied for LLM at Dalhousie University,Canada.I have forwarded all the admission requirements.However the info on the admission requirements page is that international students whose education has not been in english must provide proof of proficiency in english(i.e toefl or equivalent).So my question is since Nigeria's education is generally in english,can I assume that they know and therefore will dispense with that requirement in my case or do I still av to prove it to them.am asking because I tried to get my University to do a confirmation to Dalhousie buh they wouldn't issue one.pls advice...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chidiadi50: 8:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
pls bro i submitted my application on the 19th of july,up now i have not heard from the Embassy is there any reason to worry?Or should i go to there office to complain?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.