Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (609321 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 8:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
chidiadi50: pls bro i submitted my application on the 19th of july,up now i have not heard from the Embassy is there any reason to worry?Or should i go to there office to complain?
... Paper route right.... I will advise u go ask them wetin dey happen...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ahmedonia4real(m): 8:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
Siga: ...Had a solid prayer for all applicants at church today... from fresh to Medical hopefuls, to Visa and to all those who have landed and in school.... Well...the Good Lord that made you guys decide to pick Canada as your destination is not a liar... He has gone before everyone to perfect ur ways... Nothing happens without God's anticipation... so.. no shaking... Enough good news this week... #BelieveinGod

Thanks Boss..... I receive IJN.

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Quantumfisika: 8:25pm On Oct 13, 2013
hi guys..wen an application is made online, does one completly have nothing to do with VFS?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 8:30pm On Oct 13, 2013
Quantumfisika: hi guys..wen an application is made online, does one completly have nothing to do with VFS?
... Did u submit at VFS ? I believe u only have business with VFS if u submit there...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Canadidacy(m): 8:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
'travelling to Canada; seasonal film wey no fit finish. Na dis part 5 I go chop my medics, chop trv & chop funding by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HZwriters: 8:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
justicia: I just applied for LLM at Dalhousie University,Canada.I have forwarded all the admission requirements.However the info on the admission requirements page is that international students whose education has not been in english must provide proof of proficiency in english(i.e toefl or equivalent).So my question is since Nigeria's education is generally in english,can I assume that they know and therefore will dispense with that requirement in my case or do I still av to prove it to them.am asking because I tried to get my University to do a confirmation to Dalhousie buh they wouldn't issue one.pls advice...

I personally do not think that toefl will be needed cos most canadian universities or colleges wave english requirement conditions for Nigerians. Hwvevr contact the school's international office.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by HZwriters: 8:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
lymelyte: Thank God I am one of the the early followers of PART 5 of this thread.I became more aware of this thread toward the late stage of PART 4. I will be applying for student visa next year as I will be rounding up my service 2014. I need all the advice,clues,tips,hint,tricks grin I can get to be successful in this endeavour.God bless you all as you deliberate,elaborate and dish out solution on the hurdles will need to maneuver to reach our goals.
Welcome Sir
Hwvever
You can start by reading part 4 frm page 1 it will surely be effective in ur quest
Hope u hv applied for admission? All d best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chidiadi50: 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
should i go to EMBASSY or vac office where i submitted?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ancient1: 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2013
justicia: I just applied for LLM at Dalhousie University,Canada.I have forwarded all the admission requirements.However the info on the admission requirements page is that international students whose education has not been in english must provide proof of proficiency in english(i.e toefl or equivalent).So my question is since Nigeria's education is generally in english,can I assume that they know and therefore will dispense with that requirement in my case or do I still av to prove it to them.am asking because I tried to get my University to do a confirmation to Dalhousie buh they wouldn't issue one.pls advice...

You would need to contact the admissions coordinator for your program to confirm. Unfortunately some universitys insist on the proficiency exam as long as you studied outside of Canada. Take my case for example I did my 4 years in a federal university in Nigeria, I did my msc in a university in the UK ,and lived there for over 3 years but I had to write toefl to get admitted to upei, i tried to assure them that i am very proficient in English obviously with my education history coupled with membership of various professional associations yet they insisted i wrote toefl... Infact at a point ,it became sort of embarrassing cus they were like since you claim so much to be proficient in English ehn just take the test na......and so i did , and i passed it, very well! And i got the admission. ...... So my friend , just talk to the admissions team. Some are more liberal than others.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kittysunshine: 9:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
@ Justicia just send a mail to ur admission officer stating the number of years u ve have formal education in English. That is from pre-nursery till date. Hoping to have u join Dalhousie soon.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2013
i miss chrigo oo cry
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tkay11(f): 9:49pm On Oct 13, 2013
I bliv in this nd I tap into it
Siga: ...Had a solid prayer for all applicants at church today... from fresh to Medical hopefuls, to Visa and to all those who have landed and in school.... Well...the Good Lord that made you guys decide to pick Canada as your destination is not a liar... He has gone before everyone to perfect ur ways... Nothing happens without God's anticipation... so.. no shaking... Enough good news this week... #BelieveinGod
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2013

Amen Bro, hope to join you dey pray for Nland pple from that side very soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 9:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
chidiadi50: should i go to EMBASSY or vac office where i submitted?

The embassy is the correct place to get any meaningful response but tomorrow is Thanksgiving holiday.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lymelyte(m): 9:53pm On Oct 13, 2013
HZwriters:
Welcome Sir
Hwvever
You can start by reading part 4 frm page 1 it will surely be effective in ur quest
Hope u hv applied for admission? All d best
Thanks Bro.wont it be too early to apply for admission now? Or is it the earlier I apply the better my chances of securing admission! Ok let say I apply and I was given admission and there isn't funds to process it.can it be deferred and reopen later on?
Page 1 you said! Haba,page 1 na long thing ooo grin anyway,i will try to do it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Champion2013: 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Greetings house, I have been a silent follower since I applied for a student visa to Canada but I want to use this opportunity to pass the good news. 
School : Conestoga college 
Program: PGD in Global business management. 
Applied June 26, 2013
Medical call Aug 26,2013
Medicals done: 6th sept 2013
TrV: 10th oct , 2013 
Resumption date : jan 6, 2014 

I used an agent before I discovered this thread on nairaland.. Any conestoga college student here? 
See you all in Canada!.
I will post the documents I submitted soon.
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL MEDICAL HOPEFULS AND TRV AWAITEES.

5 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Kunsoft(m): 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2013

Amen ooo Maazi i seriously tap and connect to the prophecy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kclexa(m): 10:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
Champion2013: Greetings house, I have been a silent follower since I applied for a student visa to Canada but I want to use this opportunity to pass the good news. 
Applied June 26, 2013
Medical call Aug 26,2013

I used an agent before I discovered this thread on nairaland.. Any conestoga college student here? 
See you all in Canada!.

Congratulation, I tap into your good news.
May I ask where you did your medicals because am yet to see any body who did medicals at Consultant practice in Sept, getting his or her trv.

Make we know how to channel our combine prayers. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Swizdoe(m): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
I throway salute 4 everybody wey dey here....... Na university of winnipeg or humber college dey on my mind....... 2014 fall ( September)........... Plz any student 4 uniwinnipeg or humber........ Plz help ur boi abeg
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by seir405: 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
Champion2013: Greetings house, I have been a silent follower since I applied for a student visa to Canada but I want to use this opportunity to pass the good news. 
Applied June 26, 2013
Medical call Aug 26,2013

See you all in Canada!.
congrts more of this week ijn
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Champion2013: 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
Sponsor: MUM (self employed) 
Paid all fees which includes tuition and accommodation before submission. 
Paper route via VFS 

Bank staments: 
Key stone bank 5mil (corporate acct)
Sterling bank 8mil (corporate acct)
Sterling bank 600k (corporate acct) 
Fixed deposit 10mil (for education)
FCMB Dollar acct with cash flow of about 600kdollars balance 300dollars. (The dollar account is used to Close business deals with partners abroad)

Other documents 

Transcript 
Statement of result 
WAEC result 
Letter of intent to study in Canada 
Letter of sponsorship 
Letter of introduction from sponsor
University certificate 
Admission letter (original and photocopy) 
Birth certificate 
A list of all the documents submitted 
Family picture
Police clearance certificate 
International passport 
Forms (application outside Canada, family information, study permit questionnaire )
Bank draft payable to deputy high commission of Canada N19,500
Nysc call up letter and Id card ( was still serving when I applied batch c 2012)
Parent's marriage certificate 
Notarized affidavit of sponsorship 
Sponsor's tax clearance card 
Photocopy of sponsor's data page and previous travels 
Photocopy of siblings data pages
Parents letter of consent 
Sponsor' s bank statements and refrences from all banks 
Sponsor's business registration certificates 
Sponsor's fixed deposit for education in Canada(10m)
Landed property worth 300mil 
Business asset worth 115mil

6 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by SleemB: 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
kclexa:

Your documents would have been adequate if your were sponsoring your wife, child or someone else. From all indication, you will be quitting your job therefore there will no salary inflow to sustain you and your family.
Like I mentioned before; you need to sure enough balance in your account to cater for yourself and your family except you show proof that your wife is able to sustain herself and the child whilst you are away.

The issue here is not a matter C of O to a land you own. What the VO is concerned about is verifiable continues source of income which I believe your land is not earning you money via rentage.

It has been said severally on NLand that you don't really need to pay big bucks to agants as they don't perform miracles. Lets get some fact straight here.

Look at the requirements as a VO would:
1) Can the student pay his full tuition and accommodation without seeking a job?
2) What are his cash flow while studying in canada?
3) Does he have dependants he must support financially? If yes; how will he sustain them without a job?

Once you can answer these questions correctly then you are sure to scale through the visa process.

now i am ready to reapply,can i use a friend as a sponsor?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Champion2013: 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
kclexa:

Congratulation, I tap into your good news.
May I ask where you did your medicals because am yet to see any body who did medicals at Consultant practice in Sept, getting his or her trv.

Make we know how to channel our combine prayers. grin

@kclexa I did my medicals at Consultant practice and I went to the embassy 5 weeks after to make an enquiry on the status of my application.guess wat happened?
I got to the embassy very early as it was a Friday morning,they didn't attend to anybody until it was 11am then I got a call from them asking me for my start date. I told them jan 6 but I am suppose to be in Canada by dec 29th so I can meet up wit orientation.The lady told me she will get back to me , after an hour the security guard called my name. I got inside and my TRV was waiting on the table... My TRV was issued same day. Just so you know, I submitted my passport back 4 days after I did my medicals at the consultant practice.
All the best ...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Onyeoma3: 10:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
@ Champion2013...nice S0A...congrats on ur TRV....wishing you all the best...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by earthgreeners(m): 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
Applied June 26, 2013
Medical call Aug 26,2013

See you all in Canada!.

congrat.....but I dnt like silent followers...........

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by clusterphobia: 10:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Champion, I am going to Conestaga and we are doing the same course.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Champion2013: 10:43pm On Oct 13, 2013
earthgreeners:

congrat.....but I dnt like silent followers...........

@ earthgreeners sorry I was a silent follower for some time. Please accept my apologies. I am here now to help the house,altough I used and agent and my mum paid a huge sum of money because she heard all the good stuffs Abt Canada and dint want me to miss it. Then I discovered nairaland. Now am here to pass the little I have learnt to throughout my application process to those that need it...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by seir405: 10:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
Champion2013: Sponsor: MUM (self employed) 
Paper route via VFS 

Bank staments: 
FCMB Dollar acct with cash flow of about 600kdollars balance 300dollars. (The dollar account is used to Close business deals with partners abroad)

Other documents 

Transcript 
Statement of result 
WAEC result 
Letter of sponsorship 
University certificate 
Birth certificate 
Family picture
International passport 
Forms (application outside Canada, family information, study permit questionnaire )
Nysc call up letter and Id card ( was still serving when I applied batch c 2012)
how dem go refuse doc like dis

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Champion2013: 10:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
clusterphobia: Champion, I am going to Conestaga and we are doing the same course.

Wow! That's great. I am happy we are both going to conestoga college. Please send your email address or BB pin so we can communicate, whichever one or both.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Champion2013: 11:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Onye oma: @ Champion2013...nice S0A...congrats on ur TRV....wishing you all the best...

Thanks...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by teexzle: 11:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Champion2013: Sponsor: MUM (self employed) 
Paper route via VFS 

Bank staments: 

Other documents 

Transcript 
Statement of result 
WAEC result 
Letter of sponsorship 
University certificate 
Birth certificate 
Family picture
International passport 

C Money smiley God I Beg ooo
@onye..rily nice SOA
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Champion2013: 11:11pm On Oct 13, 2013
seir405:
congrts more of this week ijn

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.