Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (464) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (609319 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tdayof(m): 11:14am On Jul 30, 2014
Amefrica:

I posted the docs submitted
link? n what abouh yr conversation with d v.o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 30, 2014
tdayof:
link? n what abouh yr conversation with d v.o

No physical interview! You only submit your docs either paper or online route.

The link? Me no remember again. Just take your time to read this particular part well well.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 11:22am On Jul 30, 2014
fortunexx: Good day everyone. please help me out here. i am about to apply for Masters (M.Eng Coursework)in Civil Engineering to the university of Ottawa, University of windsor (May Session 2015) and then memorial university (Oil and Gas Engineering September 2015). I have a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering and obtained a cgpa of 3.57. I have been strongly advised by agents not to make an application because of my low cgpa or to improve my chances i should take the IELTS Exam. Please I need your advice about this. Is the IELTS necessary for my application? Is my Cgpa too low to be Considered for graduate studies (Masters) in canada? Please i need a help, I have been denied admission at Carleton University and University of Manitoba.Thank You

Well.

One thing is for sure, your CGPA is not too low to apply for Masters in Canada.

Even though IELTS is waived by most Canadian schools as your WAEC Cert (provided you have at least C6 in English) will suffice, anything to boost your chance is not bad.

Also, fine tune your SOP and Pray.

#believe
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tdayof(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2014
Amefrica:

No physical interview! You only submit your docs either paper or online route.

The link? Me no remember again. Just take your time to read this particular part well well.
good sha!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinci500: 11:39am On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=ElCapt]

Hey.

Anybody can sponsor you, as long as you can state convincing reasons for their sponsorship in the sponsor's letter and your SOP. That is why it's preferable to go for relatives, because it needs less convincing.

Who do you intend to use as a sponsor?

Thank man,
But am thinking of using a close family friend, and using my moms landed properties along with it, but i dont want anything that could jeopardize my approval, and this seems to be my best shot!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by vinci500: 11:40am On Jul 30, 2014
Thanks Elcapt,

Thank man,
But am thinking of using a close family friend SOA, and using my moms landed properties along with it, but i dont want anything that could jeopardize my approval, and this seems to be my best shot
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 11:57am On Jul 30, 2014
Drbuzz: hello ma'am....I would advice you still mail them for it...got my trv on the 8th of July and yet was given the LOI so I guess it is not about 'before or after June'......try getting it,if @ the POE u don't need it then good for u...goodluck

Was it sent to your email address?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by lassky(m): 12:29pm On Jul 30, 2014
yomiraheem:

/////
Hey guys, its cool to boost ur brothers soa and all but I think we need to put more focus on the root...the scholarship!

Has the 8k dols been paid?...splitted to show the ones for tuition and the ones for accomodation or whatever?

Did u show evidence of the giver of this scholaship?...banks statement? Name of giver/company? How u got the scholarship? And so on.

U can clarify this cos so far u only said u got 8k scholarship, how?
the stuff was given to me by the school bro and I stated that in my sop.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
Amefrica please I need info from you about america.please email.thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ElCapt: 12:58pm On Jul 30, 2014
vinci500: Thanks Elcapt,

Thank man,
But am thinking of using a close family friend SOA, and using my moms landed properties along with it, but i dont want anything that could jeopardize my approval, and this seems to be my best shot

it will be difficult to convince the V.O that a family friend wants to sponsor you. Why would a family friend sponsor you, instead of his/her family member?

Like I said, difficult to prove. Look for alternative sponsors in my opinion.

The landed properties of your mom is however good to serve as one of your home tie docs.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 30, 2014
luvlyruky: Amefrica please I need info from you about america.please email.thanks

Replied!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 1:21pm On Jul 30, 2014
Pls stay away from using a Close frend especially if you are not a minor. Try to use someone related to you as a sponsor. It will make ur app less complicated althou the best sponsors are ur parents.
All the best
vinci500: Thanks Elcapt,

Thank man,

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jul 30, 2014
lassky: Hello house I just want to use this opportunity to thank everyone who in one way or the other has been there for me. Just got denied today embarassed
sorry Bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 1:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
I guess it's because Canada doesn't just grant you visa based on fufiling certain factors.they are not after how many peeps can come into their country. It's about how genuine this people are. If u must come to Canada den u must be financially, academically and mentally ready.
tdayof: why do ppl get denied of canny visa a lot? ppl still get there r a lot of good news in the u.k n u.s.a thread... so what can be the cause?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2014
Hello guys, I have a question plssss.. If rejected twice, can you reapply again....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by sashafierce: 2:42pm On Jul 30, 2014
Cufs: Hello guys, I have a question plssss.. If rejected twice, can you reapply again....
YES!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Drbuzz: 2:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
rawlizo:

Was it sent to your email address?
yeah...via email and my CIC account
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 30, 2014
Cufs: Hello guys, I have a question plssss.. If rejected twice, can you reapply again....

O'course, yes!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2014
Drbuzz: yeah...via email and my CIC account

To what e-mail address did you address the mail?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
[quote author=sashafierce]
YES![/quote

Thanks a lot Sasha.....I hope my 3rd application works this time
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 3:04pm On Jul 30, 2014
Amefrica:

O'course, yes!

Thanks Amefrica
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Cufs(f): 3:12pm On Jul 30, 2014
So, I'm gna get my passport tomorrow. It's likely I've been rejected the 2nd time after applying through same Agent.*SMH*... Anyways I'll need every1's help for my 3rd application, especially those of you that have gave been successful & are more experienced. Soo plsssssss get ready to help a sister out mbok, cos i have to get it right this time.....lol....thanks in advance wink

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Jijola: 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2014
Make sure to package your next application better.Improve on whatever conditions.Favour awaits you.
Cufs: So, I'm gna get my passport tomorrow. It's likely I've been rejected the 2nd time after applying through same Agent.*SMH*... Anyways I'll need every1's help for my 3rd application, especially those of you that have gave been successful & are more experienced. Soo plsssssss get ready to help a sister out mbok, cos i have to get it right this time.....lol....thanks in advance wink

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
Cufs: So, I'm gna get my passport tomorrow. It's likely I've been rejected the 2nd time after applying through same Agent.*SMH*... Anyways I'll need every1's help for my 3rd application, especially those of you that have gave been successful & are more experienced. Soo plsssssss get ready to help a sister out mbok, cos i have to get it right this time.....lol....thanks in advance wink
You will get it right. The house will help as much as they can.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2014
Cufs:

Thanks Amefrica

Success in your next application!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 3:37pm On Jul 30, 2014
Uchlight: Thanks house for your moral support and courageous words. I do appreciate, @akosh005, vomiraheem, slimdel and @ chichi89. I need your prayers. In God we trust. Since then I ve been bordered. All the same I will keep u all posted.

All the best
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by chichi89(f): 3:38pm On Jul 30, 2014
chizzy01: am gud n u?
I'm okay. Got your passport yet?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by tnuola(f): 3:39pm On Jul 30, 2014

By God's grace you will, when you get your documents just list the documents you submitted and the reasons for the delay and all the well experienced people will help tackle the issues.. Cheers
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rawlizo(m): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2014
Drbuzz: yeah...via email and my CIC account

Alright. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:53pm On Jul 30, 2014
temiosunrinde: House, I just need 3 cheap/ affordable colleges that offers IT or computer related courses January 2015 start post graduate diploma outside ontario.......................*prostrates*....I don search tire
....http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-institutions-list.asp ....Go through the school's website outside Ontario one by one grin.....If you no find am here then you can't find it anywhere.....New Brunswick Community College get cheap tuition but mostly diploma courses....don't forget you still have to face the faceless VOs for Visa application if you already got Bsc/Masters so watch it......
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by parisbluefox: 4:13pm On Jul 30, 2014
Yaaaaaay! I don chop medicals oooooo. God u re good

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Chatters(f): 4:14pm On Jul 30, 2014
worry359:

It's important to remember that busy people will only scan what you write!
If you send ten pages they will not absorb much information, it will all be wasted.

If you send half a page of clear concise information it will be better received than
10 pages of rambling story.

Read my post well. I never said he should write 10 pages of rambling post. I encouraged him to write to his heart's content and then edit. EDITING is the point I was trying to drive home. Once he edits he will remove all irrelevant details. The reason for this being that writing large content will make sure he never misses anything important. If there are a lot of explanations to do about his documents, it is important he takes time to explain them rather than write one page that doesnt explain anything. Don't assume that VOs don't read SOP,in fact tthey do. That is why your application stays with them for more than one month. The key is to be explicit and make your SOP very interesting. Peeps here that wrote pages of SOP are usually successful. I wrote 3 pages of SOP and I'm sure the VO had time to read hence why he/she understood my situation. The problem is that people tend to ramble a lot. Even a one page SOP can be filled with ramblings.
@ lassky PM me for tips on writing a catchy SOP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) ... (501)

General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 7 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here. / QATAR And UAE General Visa Enquiries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.