Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant (8669 Views)

3 Men Ride From Bauchi To Sokoto To Honour Governor-elect / Bauchi To Begin Work On 120MW Yankari Power Plant / Bauchi To Spend N7.9billion On Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 10:29pm On Oct 12, 2013
Promhize: Lmao grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Gbawe you are a shameless fool! Economics of scale? grin grin lmao.

Everyone is liable to looting.
By the way I thought it was 40billion that was spent and not 32billion, even if its 32billion its till over by about 50billion.
I doubt if it would have effect on tinubu's "fully-looted" account. grin

Just admit you do not know what it means especially in relation to power generation and the discussion at hand. Olodo. Also, why are all of you GEJ fans fraudsters? Where did you get your N40 billion figure from? Just show us even a single source that led you to think "it was 40 billion".

http://ngrguardiannews.com/business-news/135204-lagos-oando-complete-n32b-power-plant

Lagos, Oando complete N3.2b power plant
FRIDAY, 11 OCTOBER 2013 00:00 BY ROSELINE OKERE BUSINESS SERVICES - BUSINESS NEWS E-mail Print

OANDO Gas and Power (OGP), a subsidiary of Oando Plc and the Lagos State Government have completed the construction of a [b]N3.2 billion [/b]Independent Power Project (IPP) in Alausa, Ikeja area of Lagos State.

The project, which is a 10.34Mega Watt dual fired power plant has already been slated for commissioning on Thursday in a bid to vastly improve the provision of power to the state secretariat complex in Lagos.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 10:29pm On Oct 12, 2013
abes: on average, a 5-passenger saloon car will consume 1 ltr of fuel to transport 5 people from point A to point B
similarly, an 18-passenger bus will consume 1 ltr of fuel to transport 18 people from point A to point B

the distance from point A and point B is 9km

Let us assume 1 ltr of fuel cost is N100

That means it will cost us N20 per person from point A to point B using the saloon car
And it will cost us N5.60k per per person from point A to point B using the bus

now that we know that it costs N5.60k per person by using a bus, do you now advice every family that own a saloon car to get a bus instead?

Ultimate display of confusion. grin saloon ko, mazda ni.
Pls don't attack me o, I'm not of ur ...
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by abes(m): 10:31pm On Oct 12, 2013
Promhize:

Ultimate display of confusion. grin saloon ko, mazda ni.
Pls don't attack me o, I'm not of ur ...

too much for ur brain to handle? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Standing5(m): 10:41pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gbawe.:

Too many factors buddy and this is why we should not sit here like fraudulent illiterates, including a so-called "medical Doctor", disgracing Nigeria with utterances that would even shame the worst laymen.

(1)Equipment supply and installation cost (i.e sourcing component parts from the USA rather than the UK may increase transport cost to site.)
(2)Fuel type obviously affecting choice and quantity of equipment required.
(3)Cost of getting fuel to the plant i.e distance covered.
(4)Economies of scale.
(5)Sites costs (direct purchase, compensation, lease plan, etc).
(6)provision for waste disposal.
(7)Structural and civil cost.
(8 ) Indirect costs.
Etc, etc, etc, etc.

Point being that we should not make uninformed assumption , especially when not power generation experts or Engineers, to then ignorantly and arbitrarily say what is "high" or "acceptable" based on anything other than a solid breakdown of cost. Involving sentiments and simplistic reasoning to infer all IPPs must have a standard cost per MW is one of the the most senseless thing I have ever heard.

It is not the sort of argument any educated person should make. Ultimately, the point is that the Lagos and Bauchi IPP both fall within what is accepted today as justifiable per MW cost for power generation. Anyone seeking to claim impropriety should endeavour to do so with more than uniformed, ignorantly pedestrian and sentimental reasoning.
You 've done so much but let me still add one more. Design, yes, it can above all influence cost, for example the LASG plant which is dual fired is like that to create a redundant design that makes it less prone to total power outage, the stage of firing is doubled in two independent units to create a more robust design whereas that of the FG may not be like that because each 125 MW unit can cover up for other units that may be down. The presence of multiple 125mw unit can then save the FG the cost assosiated with double firing of plants on the way to acheiving a redundant and by extension more robust design.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by awodman: 10:48pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gbawe get out of this thread angryangryangry

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 12, 2013
abes:

too much for ur brain to handle? grin grin grin

Too mainstream for your brain to process before delivering grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by kaze4blues(m): 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2013
The argument is getting very interesting.

Thanks to ppl here.....I learn how the economies of scale can influence cost of projects.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 12, 2013
Gbawe.:

Just admit you do not know what it means especially in relation to power generation and the discussion at hand. Olodo. Also, why are all of you GEJ fans fraudsters? Where did you get your N40 billion figure from? Just show us even a single source that led you to think "it was 40 billion".

http://ngrguardiannews.com/business-news/135204-lagos-oando-complete-n32b-power-plant

Gbawe let me teach you a little maths

LAGOS;
. 32b for 10mw
. 1mw = 32/10 = 3.2b/mw (pls is it me or why is looking I'm wrong there, instead of 400m)
BAUCHI
. $201m = N?
. N = 201*160 = N32610000000
. $201m = N32.6b = 140mw
. 1mw = 32.6b/140 = 229714290 » N230m/mw

Lagos N3.2/mw - Bauchi N230m/mw
. 230million*10 = N2.3billion
. N32b - N2.3b = X

Gbawe, pls help us find "X"
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by abes(m): 12:04am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize:

LAGOS;
. 32b for 10mw
. 1mw = 32/10 = 3.2b/mw (pls is it me or why is looking I'm wrong there, instead of 400m)
BAUCHI
. $201m = N?
. $201m = N32.6b = 140mw

. N32b - N2.3b = X

WRONG
Oando-Lagos spent N3.2 billion on 10.34MW not N32 billion.

now recalculate...

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 12:31am On Oct 13, 2013
abes:

WRONG

now recalculate...

You are minding these fraudulent olodo clowns? Rushing to confuse themselves out of desperation to establish some phantom guilt by hook or by crook. Olodo wants to teach others. Pathetic. Nairaland sef grin grin grin grin
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 12:37am On Oct 13, 2013
awodman: Gbawe get out of this thread angryangryangry

Or you'll do what ?

3 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 12:53am On Oct 13, 2013
Gbawe.:

Wow shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked I totally missed this blatant and utterly shameless attempt at 'koro koro' 419. What a criminal-minded element. 10.32 MW at N3.2 billion gives us approximately N309 million per MW not N400 million per MW as fraudulent9gerian claimed.

Deceptive9gerian, this is the level of blatantly brazen deception mindless sycophancy has led you to. The forum can see you in all your crooked glory. What a shameless liar.

Fraudulent9gerian wrote?
Now you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. You have lost ALL credibility on this forum. Here you are sweating all through this thread trying to defend the indefensible only to later discover there was an error in the calculation of the N400 million per megawatts. If you had any conscience, the N400 million per megawatts put forward initially, whether wrongly calculated or not, should have got you worried. But rather than get worried, the shameless and hypocritical Gbawe embarked on a voyage of self-embarrassment.

Gbawe., if you have any iota of SHAME left, the honourable thing to do is to abandon your terribly embarrassed and discredited moniker for a new one. That will give you an opportunity to re-build from scratch.

I have conscience and my conscience got me worried when I saw the thread titled "Gov. Fashola Spends N400 Million Per 1MW Of Electricity"
https://www.nairaland.com/1474680/gov-fashola-spends-n400-million

So while I did the Bauchi calculation in my opening post, I just lifted the Lagos estimates from the thread above. This much is obvious from my opening post.

Having realised that the Lagos estimates is N309 million per MW (not N400 million per MW) will you withdraw all the silly explanations you tried to give in your earlier posts?

So assuming the project was actually done at actually N400 million per MW and Tinubu and Fashola pocketed N91 million per MW (N400 million minus N309 million) or a whopping N900 million for the entire project, you would have covered it up with your long and boring grammar and propaganda like you tried to do on this thread before you realised there was an error in calculation? Must you try to cover up any perceived wrong doing and looting simply because these are taking place in an APC controlled states?

Back to issue at hand, why is Bauchi state constructing its own power plant at N230 million per MW while Lagos state did hers at N309 million per MW? For me, the difference is STILL massive, a whopping N79 million per MW. Where has the N79 million per MW or N790 million for the entire project gone into? Who pocketed the money (N790 million)? I see Tinubu-Fashola collaborative looting here. I see criminality and man's inhumanity to man here. Lagos is bleeding massively

4 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by abes(m): 1:33am On Oct 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Now you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself. You have lost ALL credibility on this forum. Here you are sweating all through this thread trying to defend the indefensible only to later discover there was an error in the calculation of the N400 million per megawatts. If you had any conscience, the N400 million per megawatts put forward initially, whether wrongly calculated or not, should have got you worried. But rather than get worried, the shameless and hypocritical Gbawe embarked on a voyage of self-embarrassment.

Gbawe., if you have any iota of SHAME left, the honourable thing to do is to abandon your terribly embarrassed and discredited moniker for a new one. That will give you an opportunity to re-build from scratch.

I have conscience and my conscience got me worried when I saw the thread titled "Gov. Fashola Spends N400 Million Per 1MW Of Electricity"

So while I did the Bauchi calculation in my opening post, I just lifted the Lagos estimates from the thread above. This much is obvious from my opening post.

Having realised that the Lagos estimates is N309 million per MW (not N400 million per MW) will you withdraw all the silly explanations you tried to give in your earlier posts?

So assuming the project was actually done at actually N400 million per MW and Tinubu and Fashola pocketed N91 million per MW (N400 million minus N309 million) or a whopping N900 million for the entire project, you would have covered it up with your long and boring grammar and propaganda like you tried to do on this thread before you realised there was an error in calculation? Must you try to cover up any perceived wrong doing and looting simply because these are taking place in an APC controlled states?

Back to issue at hand, why is Bauchi state constructing its own power plant at N230 million per MW while Lagos state did hers at N309 million per MW? For me, the difference is STILL massive, a whopping N79 million per MW. Where has the N79 million per MW or N790 million for the entire project gone into? Who pocketed the money (N790 million)? I see Tinubu-Fashola collaborative looting here. I see criminality and man's inhumanity to man here. Lagos is bleeding massively

If you are using Bauchi as a benchmark, the why is FG-China spending N203B on the 700MW Zungeru power project, that amounts to N290 million per MW. So whose pocket is the extra N60 million X 700 (N42 billion shocked shocked) going?

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 1:53am On Oct 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

What a load of hogwash from a discredited hack. We are talking of the authoritative figure of N3.2 billion used to build the Lagos IPP Oando delivered. Mumu is here telling us some roadside mechanic informed him that Fashola drinks ten bottles of wine per day. Take you 419 elsewhere shameless herbalist posing as a medical Doctor. What is your point silly illiterate? I forgot. You don't have one !!!! You only have your pack of lies and rumours you want to fraudulently palm off as 'fact'. Pathetic fellow.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 2:00am On Oct 13, 2013
abes:

If you are using Bauchi as a benchmark, the why is FG-China spending N203B on the 700MW Zungeru power project, that amounts to N290 million per MW. So whose pocket is the extra N60 million X 700 (N42 billion shocked shocked) going?

You are paying attention to this confused hack? Once a person cannot accept that there is no standard or invariable per MW cost applicable to all situations of generating power, then such an unserious and ignorant character is only worth making fun of.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by TeaParty: 4:21am On Oct 13, 2013
Stop drinking cow urine for breakfast. It makes you sound a bit more daft than you were yesterday.

Gbawe.:

Too many factors buddy and this is why we should not sit here like fraudulent illiterates, including a so-called "medical Doctor", disgracing Nigeria with utterances that would even shame the worst laymen.

(1)Equipment supply and installation cost (i.e sourcing component parts from the USA rather than the UK may increase transport cost to site.)
(2)Fuel type obviously affecting choice and quantity of equipment required.
(3)Cost of getting fuel to the plant i.e distance covered.
(4)Economies of scale.
(5)Sites costs (direct purchase, compensation, lease plan, etc).
(6)provision for waste disposal.
(7)Structural and civil cost.
(8 ) Indirect costs.
Etc, etc, etc, etc.

Point being that we should not make uninformed assumption , especially when not power generation experts or Engineers, to then ignorantly and arbitrarily say what is "high" or "acceptable" based on anything other than a solid breakdown of cost. Involving sentiments and simplistic reasoning to infer all IPPs must have a standard cost per MW is one of the the most senseless thing I have ever heard.

It is not the sort of argument any educated person should make. Ultimately, the point is that the Lagos and Bauchi IPP both fall within what is accepted today as justifiable per MW cost for power generation. Anyone seeking to claim impropriety should endeavour to do so with more than uniformed, ignorantly pedestrian and sentimental reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 7:02am On Oct 13, 2013
abes:

Olodo! The Zungeru power project is a hydropower plant. Hydropower plants are expensive when compared to gas turbines
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 13, 2013
Gbawe.:

What a load of hogwash from a discredited hack. We are talking of the authoritative figure of N3.2 billion used to build the Lagos IPP Oando delivered. Mumu is here telling us some roadside mechanic informed him that Fashola drinks ten bottles of wine per day. Take you 419 elsewhere shameless herbalist posing as a medical Doctor. What is your point silly illiterate? I forgot. You don't have one !!!! You only have your pack of lies and rumours you want to fraudulently palm off as 'fact'. Pathetic fellow.
Tell us why Bauchi state is constructing its own gas powered power plant at N230 million per MW while Lagos state did hers at N309 million per MW? What happened to the balance, a whopping N79 million per MW? Where is the N79 million per MW or N790 million for the entire project? Who pocketed the N790 million?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by homesteady(m): 7:14am On Oct 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Olodo! The Zungeru power project is a hydropower plant. Hydropower plants are expensive when compared to gas turbines

gringringrin
He is really a big Olodo!
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by networkgenuis: 7:48am On Oct 13, 2013
abes: on average, a 5-passenger saloon car will consume 1 ltr of fuel to transport 5 people from point A to point B
similarly, an 18-passenger bus will consume 1 ltr of fuel to transport 18 people from point A to point B

the distance from point A and point B is 9km

Let us assume 1 ltr of fuel cost is N100

That means it will cost us N20 per person from point A to point B using the saloon car
And it will cost us N5.60k per per person from point A to point B using the bus

now that we know that it costs N5.60k per person by using a bus, do you now advice every family that own a saloon car to get a bus instead?

Sorry man, your assertion above is absolutely flawed and reeks of crass ignorance. There is no way a bus will consume the same amount of fuel with a saloon car in covering a given uniform distance. A machine carrying heavy load requires more effort (fuel) to move from point A to B.
A bus is definitely heavier than a saloon car, coupled with carrying 18 passengers.
Its just like saying that a 100W and 10W electric bulb will consume the same amount of electricity over a particular period of time, or that the same quantity of food will satisfy a kid and an adult.
Please use another example to drive your point home so you will not end up misleading some 'innocent' people here angry

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 13, 2013
abes:

WRONG

now recalculate...

320m/mw - 230m/mw = 90m
So a whooping N900m was due to Economics of scaleundecided
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Tell us why Bauchi state is constructing its own gas powered power plant at N230 million per MW while Lagos state did hers at N309 million per MW? What happened to the balance, a whopping N79 million per MW? Where is the N79 million per MW or N790 million for the entire project? Who pocketed the N790 million?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 13, 2013
Gbawe.:

You are minding these fraudulent olodo clowns? Rushing to confuse themselves out of desperation to establish some phantom guilt by hook or by crook. Olodo wants to teach others. Pathetic. Nairaland sef grin grin grin grin

You are one fraudulent MTF.
Going by your calculation
320/10.32 = 3.1007752
310m/mw compared to 230m/mw
Where did the remaining N800million go to.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 8:24am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize:

LAGOS;
. 32b for 10mw
BAUCHI
. $201m = N?
. $201m = N32.6b = 140mw

. N32b - N2.3b = X

From the fool you've made of yourself here, obvious you could not teach even basic arithmetic to children under 5 years old. Also, you need to make a visit to your optician a priority. You don't appear to see too well or even reason too well for that matter. I asked you where you got the figure of N40 billion from and even magnanimously went ahead to show you a link with the right figure.

Rather than retreat gracefully, your vainglory grew and you decided to carry on, with more aplomb, on your 'mission'. Now look at yourself? N3.2 billion per MW? shocked shocked

What will your next dumb contribution be? A figure of N90 billion per MW ? You lot and your desperation to tarnish Lagos and her administration by hook or by crook? Can't you guys just stick to established facts, Engineering reality and the truth?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 8:37am On Oct 13, 2013
Promhize:

You are one fraudulent MTF.
Going by your calculation
320/10.32 = 3.1007752

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Olodo. You better quit while ahead because you clearly should not be here. You should be searching for an adult education course for basic arithmetic !!!! Is the difference between N310 million and N230 million not N80 million and not the N800 million you claim? You pathetic 419ners and the desperate obsession with maligning Lagos by hook or by crook. You all just look stuupid and the dishonest elements you are insisting others are with your garbled utterances and even more confused calculations.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 9:08am On Oct 13, 2013
Gbawe.:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Olodo. You better quit while ahead because you clearly should not be here. You should be searching for an adult education course for basic arithmetic !!!! Is the difference between N310 million and N230 million not N80 million and not the N800 million you claim? You pathetic 419ners and the desperate obsession with maligning Lagos by hook or by crook. You all just look stuupid and the dishonest elements you are insisting others are with your garbled utterances and even more confused calculations.

Dunce, simply multiply 80m X 10.34 = ? Your small empty head.

Where there is an excess of 80 million per MW X the constructed capacity of the Lagos plant.

You should be the one attending basic adult arithmetic class
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 9:10am On Oct 13, 2013
A whooping 0.8 billion difference can't be hidden under the economy of scale banner. shocked
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by solomon111(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2013
Up APC!!
Corruption gallore.

4 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by abes(m): 9:18am On Oct 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

Nigeria: Yar'Adua to Launch N19.2 Billion Zamfara Power Plant
BY GOLU TIMOTHY, 11 SEPTEMBER 2008
President Umaru Musa Yar'Adua will next month lay the foundation for a 100megawatt Zamfara hydro-power plant, which will cost the sum of N19.2 billion to execute.
orisun

That is N192 million per MW, how are hydropower plants more expensive than gas turbines (consider capital cost, operational cost and maintenance cost)

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Yeske2(m): 9:28am On Oct 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Can someone explain this to me please?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Gbawe2: 10:00am On Oct 13, 2013
Rad1cal:

Dunce, simply multiply 80m X 10.34 = ? Your small empty head.

Where there is an excess of 80 million per MW X the constructed capacity of the Lagos plant.

You should be the one attending basic adult arithmetic class

This forum is full of dunces, grade A m0r0ns and losers. Illiterate, is the N230 million per MW for a 10.34 MW project also? is N309 million per MW for a 140 MW project? A bit above your head but take some hours to 'turn things over' olodo.

Then, read what he wrote again to note he specifically made it clear he was talking about the only thing that makes minimal sense i.e the difference in rate per KW. Mumu, you do realise the forward slash mean per MW? Now translate "310m/mw compared to 230m/mw" for the forum airhead. You cannot, given economies of scale, simplistically compare a 10.34 MW IPP to a 140 MW IPP silly illiterate. If you had two half-dead brain cells to rub together you would see the crass idiocy of your own reasoning.

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by boladez(m): 10:27am On Oct 13, 2013
Gbawe.:

This forum is full of dunces, grade A m0r0ns and losers. Illiterate, is the N230 million per MW for a 10.34 MW project also? is N309 million per MW for a 140 MW project? A bit above your head but take some hours to 'turn things over' olodo.

Then, read what he wrote again to note he specifically made it clear he was talking about the only thing that makes minimal sense i.e the difference in rate per KW. Mumu, you do realise the forward slash mean per MW? Now translate "310m/mw compared to 230m/mw" for the forum airhead. You cannot, given economies of scale, simplistically compare a 10.34 MW IPP to a 140 MW IPP silly illiterate. If you had two half-dead brain cells to rub together you would see the crass idiocy of your own reasoning.

Kpakam! ...Gbawe why wasting your time on Retardeen's coackroaches and bedbugs aka retardees! comprehension is a major setback for them.

True Lagosians and residents are not complaining but some Lagos experts sit in Enugu etc and criticise Lagos. Painful is the fact that much as they try , they are unable to get the arithmetic and analysis right.

Olodoism is the name of the retardeen movement.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

First Water Flyover In The World, Can We See This In Nigeria ? / Nnamdi Kanu Is Dead Omote Biafra Breaks Down In Tears - VIDEO / Scores Missing As Boko Haram Kills 9 Rice Farmers In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.