Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant (8667 Views)

3 Men Ride From Bauchi To Sokoto To Honour Governor-elect / Bauchi To Begin Work On 120MW Yankari Power Plant / Bauchi To Spend N7.9billion On Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 5:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

Wind, Hydro and Photo-Voltaic.

You are speaking from your asss.

Where is the report that says the bauchi plant will be fuelled from (1) Wind (2) Hydro (3) Photo voltaic ?

You cant just be calling any rubbish that comes to your head, you have mentioned 3 fuel sources, which one is it? Where did you get the info?

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 5:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
http://www.bauchistate.gov.ng/index.php/ministries/power

YANKARI POWER COMPANY LIMITED
The State Government has established a Company known as Yankari Power Company Limited in order to provide alternative source of energy to spear-head all matters related to the provision of electricity to the people of the state. Towards attaining the goal, government has signed a deal with China Machinery and Equipment Corporation towards the establishement of an independent power plant for the state. The company will provide 85% of the project cost while Bauchi will contribute 15%. Arrangements have been concluded and the Chinese partners will soon be in Bauchi for the actual commencement of the project to be sited at Gudum Industrial Estate, Bauchi.

SOLAR POWER PLANT
Considering the abundant renewable energy sources such as solar energy which is very significant in Bauchi State, HELlOS ENERGIE, a German company in collaboration with Federal and State Governments will establish a Photo Voltaic Power plant in the state to generate about 20-30 mega watt of electricity to the state.

TRANSMISSION / DISTRIBUTION OF ELECTRICITY
In order to implement the present administration’s policies on Power transmission and distribution, a contract for a supply of substation materials to install a 300KVA, 11/0.4.5KV transformer and construction of 2KM Township Distribution network (TDN) at Makama new extension, behind Railway Staff School, Bauchi as well as 1Km Township Distribution Network at Turun behind Texaco Filling Station have been completed and commissioned at the total cost of N6, 926,062.50k.

This was culled from the Bauchi State official website.

The Bauchi state government is opting for an"alternative" power source. Most likely wind. They also recently commissioned a solar farm

http://www.bauchistate.gov.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/55-bauchi-gets-solar-powered-electricity-plant-soon-governor

Gov. Isa Yuguda of Bauchi State says the first solar-powered electricity plant in the North-East zone will soon be established in the state. He said this on Thursday in Bauchi when he received an 11-man Nigeria/German Cooperation delegation led by the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Power and Energy, Alhaji Ibrahim Jidda. Yuguda said that the 30 megawatts plant would put to rest the persistent electricity supply shortage and boost socio-economic activities in the state.

He said his administration would give the German and Swedish investors all the necessary support in achieving this feat, adding that he attached much significance to the project. The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the project with an 18-month execution plan would be sited at Gudun Hausawa Area on the outskirts of Bauchi metropolis.

Yuguda said that the project would meet the yearnings and aspirations of the people of the state in terms of increased economic activities and job creation for the teeming populace. The team leader of the German/Switzerland delegation, Mr Jeremy Garner, said that Bauchi would be the first to enjoy the project which was part of a Direct Foreign Investment.

He said the team would ensure the timely completion of the project, adding that local personnel would be given adequate training to manage the plant after completion. (NAN)

So your daft LASG governors are still opting for fossil fuels which should be cheaper to construct but more expensive to run daily.

When Nigeria divide where do you expect to get your LNG from?

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:
You are speaking from your asss.

Where is the report that says the bauchi plant will be fuelled from (1) Wind (2) Hydro (3) Photo voltaic ?

You cant just be calling any rubbish that comes to your head, you have mentioned 3 fuel sources, which one is it? Where did you get the info?

HAVE YOU SEEN IT NOW? OR ARE YOU READING WITH UR A$$
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan: http://www.bauchistate.gov.ng/index.php/ministries/power

This was culled from the Bauchi State official website.

The Bauchi state government is opting for an"alternative" power source. Most likely wind. They also recently commissioned a solar farm

http://www.bauchistate.gov.ng/index.php/component/k2/item/55-bauchi-gets-solar-powered-electricity-plant-soon-governor

So your daft LASG governors are still opting for fossil fuels which should be cheaper to construct but more expensive to run daily.

When Nigeria divide where do you expect to get your LNG from?

Is that the 140 MW Power plant to be constructed in Bauchi ? Why are you so dishonest and criminal minded in the aim to prove your nonsense ? You went from claiming the bauchi plant will be wind, hydro and photo voltaic and now solar.

You are showing a project which is still projecting 20-30MW, not yet sure of the amount it will generate. It could as well be a white elephant project.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 5:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

Is that the 140 MW Power plant to be constructed in Bauchi ? Why are you so dishonest and criminal minded in the aim to prove your nonsense ?

NO IT IS THE ONE THEY WILL CONSTRUCT TO POWER UR DAFT BRAIN
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 5:14pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

NO IT IS THE ONE THEY WILL CONSTRUCT TO POWER UR DAFT BRAIN

Give up, o ye fool.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 5:16pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

Is that the 140 MW Power plant to be constructed in Bauchi ? Why are you so dishonest and criminal minded in the aim to prove your nonsense ? You went from claiming the bauchi plant will be wind, hydro and photo voltaic and now solar.

You are showing a project which is still projecting 20-30MW, not yet sure of the amount it will generate. It could as well be a white elephant project.

You did not even bother to read it. The alternative sources include both wind and solar.

You are a class act ignoramus and i was jus going back and forth with you so that others wont buy ur cheap sleaze.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 5:20pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

You did not even bother to read it. The alternative sources include both wind and solar.

You are a class act ignoramus and i was jus going back and forth with you so that others wont buy ur cheap sleaze.

You have failed in your assignment.

As a reminder, show all concerned nairalanders the source of fuel for the proposed 140MW Bauchi power plant .

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

Give up, o ye fool.

look at you.

you have failed from the begining of this thread till now.

all your arguments have been debunked and your masters ridiculed and this is what you have to say for yourself?

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 5:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

You have failed in your assignment.

As a reminder, show all concerned nairalanders the source of fuel for the proposed 140MW Bauchi power plant .

Go to the Bauchi state government website.

click on power.

and READ for once you damn f00l.

The Bauchi government is exploring alternative energy sources with the chineese venture and have successfully deployed a functional solar powered farm which outputs 30mw which is far greater than what your masters have provided for themselves at the cost of 3.2b naira and which still requires daily fuel charge to output just 10mw.

odennis

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

Go to the Bauchi state government website.

click on power.

and READ for once you damn f00l.

The Bauchi government is exploring alternative energy sources with the chineese venture and have successfully deployed a functional solar powered farm which outputs 30mw which is far greater than what your masters have provided for themselves at the cost of 3.2b naira and which still requires daily fuel charge to output just 10mw.

odennis
I understand your kind of dolts very well, too lazy for critical reasoning.

As to boldened in red, you have lied again, Bauchi state govt has not deployed a 30MW solar powered farm. Why do you enjoy to lie?

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 5:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:
I understand your kind of dolts very well, too lazy for critical reasoning.

As to boldened in red, you have lied again, Bauchi state govt has not deployed a 30MW solar powered farm. Why do you enjoy to lie?

You are an incredible f00l or u suffer from ADD

The solar project is just one of the alternative energy sources that has just been recently commissioned.

The 140mw project is still in the pipeline as the original post and thread heading suggests and will be alternative based when completed.

Why are you so daft?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 5:40pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

You are an incredible f00l or u suffer from ADD

The solar project is just one of the alternative energy sources that has just been recently commissioned.

The 140mw project is still in the pipeline as the original post and thread heading suggests and will be alternative based when completed.

Why are you so daft?

And you are still lying. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.

No 30MW solar powered plant in bauchi was commissioned . Add this to your assignment, show us where a 30MW solar powered plant was commissioned in bauchi, concerned nairalanders wants to know grin

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 5:42pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

you dont even understand my point or you are deliberately dancing away from the main argument as your types have been doing on this thread

For sake of others who may see this post let me state what the basic argument on this thread is all about.

1. The Bauchi State government is set to commence construction on a larger capacity power station that will serve both the state and national grid at which the overal cost estimate for the project is estimated to be far lower than what LASG just commsioned for their State Secretariat alone.

2. The argument of Scale of Economics was presented by APC apologist at first to defend the high cost of this project against that of Bauchi and other federal power projects. That argument was debunked and another was proposed being;

3. That the total 3.2bn Naira will also cover the construction of a gas pipe line. Even though the project has reached completion the gas pipe lines are no where.

4. The APC goons then now employed the argument that Gas turbines are cheaper to operate than diesel. This argument just propped up from them even though it was not an issue. I stated that gas or any other fossil fuel powered generating station are cheaper to construct since they can be sited close to the area of primary need than other forms of renewable energy sources which are usually located in areas where such natural occurring energy sources are abundant. The argument now is diesel vs gas. As if I made any assumption as to the daily operating cost but the total construction cost.

5. It is evidently clear that these APC baboons are just to daft to engage in reasonable or logical debate.

The are starkly confused even in their lies.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by manny4life(m): 5:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
This thread is funny, lots of people will use anything to justify fraud. The FG bus natural gas power plant, but not with this exorbitant price.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 5:46pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

And you are still lying. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked.

No 30MW solar powered plant in bauchi was commissioned . Add this to your assignment, show us where a 30MW solar powered plant was commissioned in bauchi, concerned nairalanders wants to know grin

I am now convinced your problem is data plan or lack of it.

Since you wont google here is the newsreel of the project when it was launched over a year ago. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/celebration-in-bauchi-as-solar-power-excites-cheers/

get your masters to upgrade you to at least a 12 hr unlimited data bundle
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 5:55pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

I am now convinced your problem is data plan or lack of it.

Since you wont google here is the newsreel of the project when it was launched over a year ago. http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/08/celebration-in-bauchi-as-solar-power-excites-cheers/

get your masters to upgrade you to at least a 12 hr unlimited data bundle

AH AH !, That report was on August 8, 2012, over a year and 3months It did not talk about any commissioning , but a plan. You see why i called you a daft creature.

It is most likely a white elephant project

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

AH AH !, That report was on[b] August 8, 2012, over a year and 3months [/b] It did not talk about any commissioning , but a plan. You see why i called you a daft creature.

Well that is por journalism for you. We would not have been arguing about this project if the reporter had inquired and stated the energy source that will be required to generate 140mw in bauchi.

The project was commisoned over a year ago and was expected to have been completed by the time given for completion.

As I said read

Olodo
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 5:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

just like lekki airport, abi?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 6:00pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

Well that is por journalism for you. We would not have been arguing about this project if the reporter had inquired and stated the energy source that will be required to generate 140mw in bauchi.

The project was commisoned over a year ago and was expected to have been completed by the time given for completion.

As I said read

Olodo

Stop embarassing yourself.

How can they commission a project, that has not been completed?

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

just like lekki airport, abi?
Lekki airport has not been commissioned lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I give up on you, you are not worth it

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by boladez(m): 7:44pm On Oct 13, 2013
solomon111: How will you complain when your morønic brain has been degraded by APC propaganda.
Btw,most of the people complaining stay in lagos and pay taxes to the LASG.
They've a right to complain when their taxes is being embezzled.

Sharp brain where do you pay your tax? specific question

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by boladez(m): 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

so how will they supply the gas to alausa? I know of only the Egbin Power station that is supplied by NGC pipeline and this project is not in partnership with NGC but Oando?

And stop insulting me

Gaslink has a major gas sub station at Alausa area....this is the challenge when people stay outside Lagos and form knowledge of Lagos. While many state governments were sleeping; Lagos laid pipelines to help companies in the industrial areas of Ikeja reduce cost of power generation (diesel)

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by ocelot2006(m): 10:13pm On Oct 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
What factors? You should know now. The factors are:
1. Tinubu thieving factor
2. Fashola thieving factor
3. Tinubu and Fashola collabo looting factor

grin
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Italiano1: 10:59pm On Oct 13, 2013
ocelot2006:

grin

I really cant see anything funny about his post tbh. I was shocked to hear that Insincere Nigerian is claiming to be a doctor shocked shocked shocked

Doctor of what exactly? Unless he is a quack doctor that deals with the teenage baby making industry in Aba, then we have a problem on our hands.

Actually it is not surprising considering the fact that GEJ is also a doctor grin

Dr? Insincere Nigerian that had to revise his figures 3 times after he was corrected by posters, yet he had the audacity to argue even when presented with basic arithmetic grin grin

I am not surprised because we have Dr Orji Kalu, Dr Ubah- I guess in your region, it is just like a chieftaincy title you can buy.

Please tell us how we can get your okonkwo doctorate

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by vanstanzy(m): 11:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
awodman: The Bauchi state government has concluded
arrangements with a Chinese firm to
construct a 140 megawatts state independent
power plant.

Briefing journalists in Abuja, the state governor,
Alhaji Isa Yuguda explained that the project will
cost $201m and will be completed in nine months.

Governor Yuguda added that the Chinese EXIM
bank is providing the funds, which the state will
pay back over a period of twenty five years.

The federal government has provided a sovereign
guarantee for the project.

The governor added that sixty per cent of the
power generated from the plant will be delivered to
the national grid while the remaining 40 per cent
will be distributed within the state.

It will be recalled that governor Isa Yuguda
sometime in February this year expressed optimism
that an Independent Power Plant, IPP, would soon
be established in the state.

Yuguda, who was in the delegation led by the
Minister of Finance, Ngozi Okonjo-Nweala which
visited China, said the trip would soon yield positive
dividends as the proposed IPP would be built in the
state.

He stated that discussions were held with a
Chinese Engineering Corporation,to build the
power plant.

www.channelstv.com/home/2013/10/12/bauchi-to-build-140-mw-plant-for-power-supply/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

Grand deception!
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by vanstanzy(m): 11:19pm On Oct 13, 2013
Italiano1:

I really cant see anything funny about his post tbh. I was shocked to hear that Insincere Nigerian is claiming to be a doctor shocked shocked shocked

Doctor of what exactly? Unless he is a quack doctor that deals with the teenage baby making industry in Aba, then we have a problem on our hands.

Actually it is not surprising considering the fact that GEJ is also a doctor grin

Dr? Insincere Nigerian that had to revise his figures 3 times after he was corrected by posters, yet he had the audacity to argue even when presented with basic arithmetic grin grin

I am not surprised because we have Dr Orji Kalu, Dr Ubah- I guess in your region, it is just like a chieftaincy title you can buy.

Did trafficking in prostitutes get u that username of italiano1? Its just a harmless questn o.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 12:38am On Oct 14, 2013
Italiano1:

How does this dung post had value to the thread. Yeye!
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 1:45pm On Oct 14, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

And turbines can be made to turn either by wind ( ever heard of wind turbines), water (how about hydro-turbines). Do you think Bauchi state government will be f00lish as your LASG to start a non-sustainable and highly gas dependent energy plant? Do you think they have the money to waste in constructing a gas pipeline from the Niger-Delta thence there o power a medium scale power plant?

Ask yourself if there are any fossil powered energy plants located in the north. The answer is no. They are mainly hydro-powered stations. In the past Bauchi state government was looking into the possibility of harnessing wind energy along the hilly areas of the state in which case wind turbines would have been deployed.

I am going to repeat the last paragraph of my my post...... The only way to generate 140MW @ that cost is only through gas. Turbines.

Now to your post above.........yes! I have heard and know about wind turbine and hydroturbines. I will ask you a single question. What is the maximum output of the world most efficient wind turbine (a single unit) and what is the conStruction cost.......? Authoritatively, I will tell you that max output is not more that 5MW.........so how many of that will you put together to make 140MW and at what cost? I will the math for you.
Secondly there are fossil fuel power plants in the north for your info. We recently installed gas turbines in kaduna. Go and google it.
Finally, there are gas lines in major industial areas in lagos and other industrial hubs of the country hence there is no need for "LASG to waste money on laying pipes from Niger delta". U might want to familiarize yourself with the gas distribution network in nigeria.........u can google that again. U should find something

2 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Italiano1: 1:59pm On Oct 14, 2013
vanstanzy:

Did trafficking in prostitutes get u that username of italiano1? Its just a harmless questn o.

If you are indirectly asking if I am responsible for your sister's prostitution- then the answer is No

3 Likes

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by kodewrita(m): 4:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
One side is determined to win the argument, irrespective of any laws of physics or mathematics.
the others, keep selling their gospel, irrespective of the fact that the opponents speak a completely different (mental) language.

This argument would probably have finished long ago if there was common understanding of three words: Economies of scale.

Layman's explanation;
--When you buy in bulk, you can buy cheaper than when when you buy retail. ( discount effect from buying more).

And for the neutrals who dont have a dog in the fight, please read the article links posted above and it will be immediately evident who's making the blind argument solely for the sake of winning.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebonyi State You May Not Know. / Buhari Must Go: Massive Street Protests / I’m Not Square Peg In Round Hole – Udoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.