Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,914 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant (8668 Views)

3 Men Ride From Bauchi To Sokoto To Honour Governor-elect / Bauchi To Begin Work On 120MW Yankari Power Plant / Bauchi To Spend N7.9billion On Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 1:24pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

so how will they supply the gas to alausa? I know of only the Egbin Power station that is supplied by NGC pipeline and this project is not in partnership with NGC but Oando?

And stop insulting me

Gaslink a subsidiary of Oando plc is the gas supplier, and a pipeline will be laid from the plant location to the Gaslink facility.

Those natural gas pipelines are not cheap, and may span several kilometres, this contributes to cost of project

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 1:26pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

Gaslink a subsidiary of Oando plc is the gas supplier, and a pipeline will be laid from the plant location to the Gaslink facility.

Those natural gas pipelines are not cheap, and may span several kilometres, this contributes to cost of project

So the gas pipeline is not even in place and the project is already being commissioned?

Will that not lead to another contract review or re-awarding in the next fiscal year? And also will the power plant remain idle until the gas pipe line is up and running? In the interim I forsee gas trucks supplying the plant.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by AZeD1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: 140 megawatts to be built at $201 million. $201 million is equals to N32 billion.

If we divide N32 billion by 140 megawatts we'll get N230 million per megawatt.

Can we compare the N230 million per megawatt in Bauchi state versus the N400 million per megawatt in Lagos? Who will deliver Lagos from the thieving duo of Tinubu and Fashola? What sins did Lagosians commit to warrant this mindless rapiing of their resources? Who will deliver my brothers and sisters in Lagos?

Can you use the money used to construct a 3 bedroom flat in Bauchi to construct a 3 bedroom flat in Alausa?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 1:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Jua[b:
n]

So the gas pipeline is not even in place and the project is already being commissioned[/b]?

Will that not lead to another contract review or re-awarding in the next fiscal year? And also will the power plant remain idle until the gas pipe line is up and running? In the interim I forsee gas trucks supplying the plant.

I was simply explaining to you how the gas supply system works.

For the Alausa power project, gas pipelines have been laid to the plant from gas link facility, and constitutes a fraction in the N3.2 billion cost of the project.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 1:34pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

For the Alausa power project, gas pipelines have been laid to the plant from gas link facility, and constitutes a fraction in the N3.2 billion cost of the project

Where is this gas link facility located in Lagos?

I believe it most be located some where around a water front in order to have access to LNG tankers. That being said, how cost effective and safe will it be to pipe highly condensed and volatile gas from one end of Lagos to the other bearing in mind the high population density and urbanized nature of Lagos.

The truth be said there is no gas pipeline and you and I know it.

Oando will be making monthly supplies of LNG via truck haulage. Period!
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 1:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

Can you answer a simple question like what is the source of fuel for the Bauchi gas plant?

For a natural gas powered plant, pipelines will be laid from the Natural gas Provider facility to the power plant location. I am sure for the Alausa power project natural gas pipelines were laid from gas supplier to loation of plant, and this increases the cost of project compared to a similar capacity diesel fired power plant.

I was involved in the evaluation of the 12.15 MW Akute power project by Lagos, which is a dual powered gas plant (diesel and natural gas).
13km of natural gas pipeline was laid from Gas link(the gas supplier) to the site of power plant, this definitely contributed to increase in cost of project compared to a diesel fired power plant. Environmental impact assessment also required that relevant stakeholders of areas where pipeline passes through are compensated .

The advantage of having a dual fired powered plant is that in the event something negative happens to the gas pipelines, it can be switched to diesel.

We must learn to be reasonable, and not make generic assumptions

Bros, I want to believe that your factoring in the gas pipeline construction means you have dropped the weak excuse of economics of scale.

May I seek to also inform you that similar gas fired project of the FG with attendant need to lay gas pipelines also fell within the confines of below 270 million.

Now, were these gas pipeline already constructed before the commissioning of the plant ? Cos we were informed at commissioning the project gulped 3.2 billion naira.

Over to you.

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 1:36pm On Oct 13, 2013
Rad1cal:

Bros, I want to believe that your factoring in the gas pipeline construction means you have dropped the weak excuse of economics of scale.

May I seek to also inform you that similar gas fired project of the FG with attendant need to lay gas pipelines also fell within the confines of below 270 million.

Now, were these gas pipeline already constructed before the commissioning of the plant ? Cos we were informed at commissioning the project gulped 3.2 billion naira.

Over to you.

Well deserved Drum roll

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 1:37pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

For the Alausa power project, gas pipelines have been laid to the plant from gas link facility, and constitutes a fraction in the N3.2 billion cost of the project.

I doubt any gas pipeline has been constructed to the plant.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by BigBen10: 1:38pm On Oct 13, 2013
anybody that want to ignore the fact that fashola is working and twist things to favour his baised mind is a simply a tribalist and is not talking out of the urge for good and progress of the state.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 1:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

Where is this gas link facility located in Lagos?

I believe it most be located some where around a water front in order to have access to LNG tankers. That being said, how cost effective and safe will it be to pipe highly condensed and volatile gas from one end of Lagos to the other bearing in mind the high population density and urbanized nature of Lagos.

The truth be said there is no gas pipeline and you and I know it.

Oando will be making monthly supplies of LNG via truck haulage. Period!

You can ask google, if you want to know where gaslink facility is located in Lagos, i should not be teaching you how to find that out.

The Gas will be transported via designated routes underground via pipelines. through a "take or pay system", dont forget petrol and other petroleum products are transported via pipelines in Lagos by NNPC.

I dont have the exact length of Gas pipelines for this project, but i am aware for the Akute power project 13km of natural gas pipelines was constructed

I know you are irredeemably ignorant, and will make forceful attempts to stay ignorant, so that you can believe your lies
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
Rad1cal:

Over to you.

if you are sincere with yourself, Economies of scale will also contribute to the cost of project.

The Gas pipelines laying fall within the scope of the project.

I have told you span of pipeline laid for the project will influence cost of project

If a 5km gas pipeline will be laid?, will the cost be the same for 20 km gas pipeline ?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 1:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

You can ask google, if you want to know where gaslink facility is located in Lagos, i should not be teaching you how to find that out.

The Gas will be transported via designated routes underground via pipelines. through a "take or pay system", dont forget petrol and other petroleum products are transported via pipelines in Lagos by NNPC.

I dont have the exact length of Gas pipelines for this project, but i am aware for the Akute power project 13km of natural gas pipelines was constructed

I know you are irredeemable ignorant, and will make forceful attempts to stay ignorant, so that you can believe your lies

The burden of proof is on you and not me, so kindly educate me where this pipeline is going to pass through.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by emiye(m): 1:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

The burden of proof is on you and not me, so kindly educate me where this pipeline is going to pass through.

While you stay ignorant, i am off to see the Super Eagles in action
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

If a 5km gas pipeline will be laid?, will the cost be the same for 20 km gas pipeline ?

then what are you saying that it cost just as much to lay a 5km pipeline as it would a 20km pipeline?

Now this was your original argument and it did not fly until you introduce pipeline construction into the overall project cost.
Sticking with the original post, you will see that Bauchi state government is also including a grid network that will supply both the state grid and the National grid.
Is the Oando scam project accomodating a grid network as well? And mind you, constructing a power grid network or adding the station in Bauchi to both the National and local grid will be far more expensive in attaining in Bauchi since all the materials needed for this alongside the power plant itself has to be imported from China by sea , trucked in land to Bauchi and assembled on location.

So how can you explain why the Bauchi project with a higher capacity output located inland will cost less?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 1:58pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

While you stay ignorant, i am off to see the Super Eagles in action

Radical this one don sheck out again grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2013
emiye:

if you are sincere with yourself, Economies of scale will also contribute to the cost of project.

The Gas pipelines laying fall within the scope of the project.

I have told you span of pipeline laid for the project will influence cost of project

A 20km gas pipeline will be costlier than a 5km gas pipeline project

How does the above address the grossly inflated cost in comparison to the FG et al., with a larger distance and capacity to accommodate ?

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 2:05pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

Radical this one don sheck out again grin grin grin grin grin

Its allowed grin
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Standing5(m): 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
Rad1cal:

Over to you.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

then what are you saying that it cost just as much to lay a 5km pipeline as it would a 20km pipeline?

Now this was your original argument and it did not fly until you introduce pipeline construction into the overall project cost.
Sticking with the original post, you will see that Bauchi state government is also including a grid network that will supply both the state grid and the National grid.
Is the Oando scam project accomodating a grid network as well? And mind you, constructing a power grid network or adding the station in Bauchi to both the National and local grid will be far more expensive in attaining in Bauchi since all the materials needed for this alongside the power plant itself has to be imported from China by sea , trucked in land to Bauchi and assembled on location.

So how can you explain why the Bauchi project with a higher capacity output located inland will cost less?

It is finished cool

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Standing5(m): 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2013
Rad1cal:

Over to you.
You re tryin so hard to difuse the argument of economy of scale because u know it has shattered all the lies you and your kikes av been peddling here. In the first thread, i posted good links where the effect of Economy of scale on gas fired turbine power plant was confirmed so i wonder why you want an obviously right argument dropped. Plus i don't see anywhere in all the articles posted where they say the task of delivering fuel to the plant is included in the deal.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 2:12pm On Oct 13, 2013
Standing5: You re tryin so hard to difuse the argument of economy of scale because u know it has shattered all the lies you and your kikes av been peddling here. In the first thread, i posted good links where the effect of Economy of scale on gas fired turbine power plant was confirmed so i wonder why you want an obviously right argument dropped. Plus i don't see anywhere in all the articles posted where they say the task of delivering fuel to the plant is included in the deal.

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 2:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
Standing5: You re tryin so hard to difuse the argument of economy of scale because u know it has shattered all the lies you and your kikes av been peddling here. In the first thread, i posted good links where the effect of Economy of scale on gas fired turbine power plant was confirmed so i wonder why you want an obviously right argument dropped. Plus i don't see anywhere in all the articles posted where they say the task of delivering fuel to the plant is included in the deal.

Go and sit on the side bench with your deceit.

How can a 10.34MW plant cost additional 800 million against plants 10 times it capacity with attendant difficulties than the former.

What number are you on the Alausa payroll ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
While I don't like sincere Nigerian for his insincere politics, I must say that this one was really different, and the excuse some people were giving were useless. Although, other factors could have made it more expensive but the factors they were using didn't cut it at all.
Why is tinubu always in every debate? Is he still a politician anyways?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by AZeD1(m): 2:23pm On Oct 13, 2013
Rad1cal:

Go and sit on the side bench with your deceit.

How can a 10.34MW plant cost additional 800 million against plants 10 times it capacity with attendant difficulties than the former.

What number are you on the Alausa payroll ? undecided
Where did you get the bold part from?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 2:29pm On Oct 13, 2013
A-ZeD:

Where did you get the bold part from?

Do a comparative cost analysis per MW of the proposed Bauchi plant and the 3.2billa LASG plant to arrive at your answer.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by AZeD1(m): 2:35pm On Oct 13, 2013
Rad1cal:

Do a comparative cost analysis per MW of the proposed Bauchi plant and the 3.2billa LASG plant to arrive at your answer.

I can only do that when i know all the details. I don't know where the turbines are coming from, the civil and structural design e.t.c
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2013
A-ZeD:

I can only do that when i know all the details. I don't know where the turbines are coming from, the civil and structural design e.t.c

"smh" .Please proceed to the side bench and take your spot.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by AZeD1(m): 2:45pm On Oct 13, 2013
Rad1cal:

"smh" .Please proceed to the side bench and take your spot.
Can you please in your infinite wisdom tell me the cost to build a 1mw plant?
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by DonMagicJuan: 2:47pm On Oct 13, 2013
A-ZeD:

google the latest power project scam by LASG in conjunction with Oando and then compare with what Bauchi state government is proposing and budgeting for.

p.s. there is a thread here on NL that was started by one of the APC etouts to glorify their masters on their latest scam power project but it backfired
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by Rad1cal: 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
A-ZeD:

Can you please in your infinite wisdom tell me the cost to build a 1mw plant?

Please proceed to the side bench goon .
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by AZeD1(m): 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2013
Don Magic Juan:

google the latest power project scam by LASG in conjunction with Oando and then compare with what Bauchi state government is proposing and budgeting for.

p.s. there is a thread here on NL that was started by one of the APC etouts to glorify their masters on their latest scam power project but it backfired
There is no need to google anything. You claim its a scam but you have failed to prove its a scam ('and please don't refer to the Bauchi state price.') A Gucci suit is not the same price as a Thomas pink suit neither is it the same as the one sewn by a tailor in Lagos.
Re: Bauchi To Build 140MW Power Plant by AZeD1(m): 2:54pm On Oct 13, 2013
Rad1cal:

Please proceed to the side bench goon .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov Jang Defends State’s Security Outfit / First Water Flyover In The World, Can We See This In Nigeria ? / Nnamdi Kanu Is Dead Omote Biafra Breaks Down In Tears - VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.