Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? (23499 Views)

How To Know That The Bible Has Expired / What The Bible Has To Say About Ebola Virus & Its Solution / "The Bible Has Many Seeming Contradictions Within Its Pages" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by 76Naira(m): 10:15pm On Oct 13, 2013
◄ 1 Chronicles 16:22 ►

Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm.
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by Opawale(m): 10:56pm On Oct 13, 2013
Pastor Olu T: For me the prosperity gospel stands out. But I have this to say to all;

One thing and only one thing is needful, do not be deceived by the devil into getting too much attached to the things of the world. The devil is so subtle that he get you too busy even with good things and activities of religion, but not that which is needful. You major on the minor and minor on the major, and before you know it you have spent your life on the wrong things and it is too late.

But Martha was cumbered about much serving, and came to him, and said, Lord, dost thou not care that my sister hath left me to serve alone? bid her therefore that she help me. And Jesus answered and said unto her, Martha, Martha, thou are careful and trouble about many things. But one thing is needful: And Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her.
Luke 10:40-42

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

well said...!
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by Nobody: 6:21am On Oct 14, 2013
pay ye your tithes into the lord's house,so that there may be meat in my house.no be only meat na fish ;Dpay ye your tithes into the lord's house,so that there may be meat in my house.no be only meat na fish
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by CAPTIVATOR: 7:00am On Oct 14, 2013
nairaman66: The message of Hell Fire.. Totally dumbfounded !!
Yeah Even the word "Hellfire" itself is not in d Bible! but they go ahead nd take it as d "Lake of fire" mentioned in Revelation WHICH IS SYMBOLIC, BUT THE BIBLE SHOWS CLEARLY DAT IT MEANS "SECOND DEATH" (Revelation 21:cool , Ask them further, Is Adam, Eve, Judas Iscariot in Hellfire? ...dey cant answer, GOD IS NOT WICKED, GOD IS LOVE ..but SINNERS WONT GO SCOTFREE O, JUST NOT BY FALSE "HELLFIRE"
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by CAPTIVATOR: 7:02am On Oct 14, 2013
CAPTIVATOR: Yeah Even the word "Hellfire" itself is not in d Bible! but they go ahead nd take it as d "Lake of fire" mentioned in Revelation WHICH IS SYMBOLIC, BUT THE BIBLE SHOWS CLEARLY DAT IT MEANS "SECOND DEATH" (Revelation 21: cool , Ask them further, Is Adam, Eve, Judas Iscariot in Hellfire? ...dey cant answer, GOD IS NOT WICKED, GOD IS LOVE ..but SINNERS WONT GO SCOTFREE O, JUST NOT BY FALSE "HELLFIRE"
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by CAPTIVATOR: 7:06am On Oct 14, 2013
& Dey Went Ahead nd Twist 1John 5:7,8 , By adding dere selfish words to it Coz dey wanna prove false Trinity.....THEY ARE CURSED ALREADY! (Revelation 22: 18,19)

1 Like

Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by pickabeau1: 7:24am On Oct 14, 2013
pro01:

No chance. They prefer to submit to their bosses, sugar daddies, patrons, pastors, and so on - rather than to their boyfriends or husbands. The concept of 'independent woman' in Nigeria means being dependent on other men in order to be independent from the legitimate man in the woman's life, for shakara purposes.

Weird but you may have a point
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by Nobody: 8:02am On Oct 14, 2013
If you think any part of the bible has been twisted. Why not pick a bible? Pray and ask God for insight into the deep and mysterious things in His word for understanding. May the Holyspirit being our teacher open the eyes of your innerman so as to see things from God's perspective and not your pastors'. The bible is for everyone read and gain knowledge and pray for wisdom so as to rightfully apply the knowledge gained.
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by nachie20(f): 8:37am On Oct 14, 2013
[quote author=GatJokez]

What you said is so very true. Problem is, many men want to have their cake and icing without any effort on their part, lol.
exactly. They forget that they are to love like Jesus who died for us even while we were yet sinners.

1 Like

Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by MAYOWAAK: 8:42am On Oct 14, 2013
Fiction?

Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by kheart(m): 9:53am On Oct 14, 2013
So muslims re right after all wen they say dat d bible has been moderated by men?
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by Flygeriansteve: 10:01am On Oct 14, 2013
The part where Apostle Paul said that which he wills he does not, and that which he doesn't want to do, that he does. Some ppl erroneously take it to mean than one cannot live without sin or that Paul was still struggling with sin. Again sb once told me the Bible said heaven helps those who help themselves to justify exam malpractice. That's not even in the Bible! cheesy
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by rapfezy: 10:19am On Oct 14, 2013
http:///API-Employ/?id=dammia...make ur cool cash ø₪ dis link
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by Mintayo(m): 10:33am On Oct 14, 2013
kheart: So muslims re right after all wen they say dat d bible has been moderated by men?
No,they are not!

1 Like

Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by PastorKun(m): 11:44am On Oct 14, 2013
Handsomeemmy: According to Apostle peter in his second letter as recorded in the book of 2 Peter 3:16

2 Peter 3:16
English Standard Version (ESV)
16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters.There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction,as they do the other Scriptures.

So the question is what part do you think has been twisted by individuals, pastors etc for their own gains?

I think you should rename this thread as: "what part of the bible do people twist for selfish again?
The title of your OP gives an errornous impression that it is the bible that is twisted.
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by SenatorJames(m): 12:41pm On Oct 14, 2013
1. PROPHESY: where your so called pastor will just tell you something that God said, and you also will just take action immediately (Rom 8:14)
2. GIVING: even though paying of tithe, offering, donations are good and biblical, but the pastor will put it as if, you will die the next minute if you dont pay them, just for their own bank account
3. DRESSING: God is only concern about your heart and not your physical appearance. So therefore anything goes. That is why nudity is well pronounced in church than any where else
4. MARRIAGE: (Prov. 18:22) It is foolishness to think that God will speak to you about your marital partner, you are the one that will see someone you like and go ahead to propose or accept proposal. So God no longer speak to his own. I dont know the version of bible these pastors are reading...................
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by mko2005: 1:52pm On Oct 14, 2013
Bome01: "It is blessed to give than to receive" has been twisted by pastors for their own selfish gain! Tragic!
MOST OF YOU HERE COMENT TO UR OWN DAMNATION ! SMH FOR YOU HAVE ALLOWED THE DEVIL TO USE YOU AS A JOKER ! BUT I PRAY HIS GRACE ABOUND VERY VERY MUCH TO MAKE YOU SEE REASONS THAT YOU MOST TIMES ERR SO YOU CAN ASK FOR FORGIVENESS AND BE FORGIVEN BEFORE THE COMING OF CHRIST OR YOUR DEATH !

GOD HELP US ALL
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by mko2005: 1:54pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nonso23: Speaking in tongues
MOST OF YOU HERE COMENT TO UR OWN DAMNATION ! SMH FOR YOU HAVE ALLOWED THE DEVIL TO USE YOU AS A JOKER ! BUT I PRAY HIS GRACE ABOUND VERY VERY MUCH TO MAKE YOU SEE REASONS THAT YOU MOST TIMES ERR SO YOU CAN ASK FOR FORGIVENESS AND BE FORGIVEN BEFORE YOUR DEATH OR THE COMING OF CHRIST !

GOD HELP US ALL
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by mko2005: 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
Sermwell: I tink its "touch not my annointed... And also"judge not..." Dis verses of d bible have often provided a shield 2 dose thiefing pastors hu extort d living day light out of their members! SMH 4 some gullible church members
MOST OF YOU HERE COMENT TO UR OWN DAMNATION ! SMH FOR YOU HAVE ALLOWED THE DEVIL TO USE YOU AS A JOKER ! BUT I PRAY HIS GRACE ABOUND VERY VERY MUCH TO MAKE YOU SEE REASONS THAT YOU MOST TIMES ERR SO YOU CAN ASK FOR FORGIVENESS AND BE FORGIVEN BEFORE YOUR DEATH OR THE COMING OF CHRIST !

GOD HELP US ALL
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by mko2005: 1:58pm On Oct 14, 2013
CAPTIVATOR: & Dey Went Ahead nd Twist 1John 5:7,8 , By adding dere selfish words to it Coz dey wanna prove false Trinity.....THEY ARE CURSED ALREADY! (Revelation 22: 18,19)

GOD HELP US ALL
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by PastorKun(m): 2:14pm On Oct 14, 2013
m.k.o2005:

GOD HELP US ALL

Will you stop spamming this thread with your daft and empty threats. angry

1 Like

Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by Jessicanoble(f): 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2013
991: Bible -Malachi 3:10 'Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this,” Says the LORD of hosts'
Pastors - 'Bring 10% of your weekly income'

Tithe is not a compulsion
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by Jessicanoble(f): 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2013
Nonso23: Speaking in tongues
Speaking in tongues is fake
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by ChristyB(f): 3:46pm On Oct 14, 2013
Mark 12:17- Give to ceaser what belongs to ceaser... And that's where it ends.
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by mko2005: 4:37pm On Oct 14, 2013
Jessicanoble:
Ur mountain is ur ignorance !

God help us
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by oaroloye(m): 7:55pm On Oct 14, 2013
I'm sorry- there seems to be a typographical mistake here?

Are you sure that you did not mean to write:

"Which part of the Bible do you think has [i]NOT [/i]been twisted by people for selfish gain?"
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by toygod2: 4:17am On Oct 15, 2013
bkmk
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by CAPTIVATOR: 3:34pm On Oct 15, 2013
Jessicanoble:
U are right O, Ma Sister .... In d first century, when christians 'spoke in tongues', What they are saying had meaning to people who knew those LANGUAGES. (Acts 2:4,cool Today, is it not true that 'speaking in tongues' usually involves an ecstatic outburst of unintelligible sounds?
Re: What Part Of The Bible Has Been Twisted By People For Selfish Gains? by CAPTIVATOR: 3:35pm On Oct 15, 2013
CAPTIVATOR: & Dey Went Ahead nd Twist 1John 5:7,8 , By adding dere selfish words to it Coz dey wanna prove false Trinity.....THEY ARE CURSED ALREADY! (Revelation 22: 18,19)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do Pastors Always Wear Suits On The Pulpit? / Pastor Penuel Mnguni Feeds Congregation With Dog And Frog Meat To Heal HIV / Joshua Iginla Visits Manger Where Jesus Was Wrapped & Kept After Delivery (Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.