Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,827 members, 7,817,414 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Why Do People Sleep In The Church? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Sleep In The Church? (42120 Views)

10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon / Why Do People Sleep In Church / Why Do People Sleep In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Sijo01(f): 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
That is not a church. How can everybody be sleeping in church at the same time
People sleep in church, fine. only them can give reasons to why the do so.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by DonaldGenes(m): 1:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
It certainly can't be church
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Dannylux: 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
Prolonged and uninteresting sermon

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Sike(m): 1:21pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sylvyangel: Nairalanders whats your take on this? Why do u think people sleep in the church during service

A cross section of some church members sleeping in the church
ASK THEIR PASTORS.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by yuncka: 1:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
Its either d devil knocked dem on their head or d seat is very comfortable.

Den again... D Pastor might b dullin their spirit wit undramatic preachin.

Den again... Overnyt kpekus and other nyt related matters can also b d cause.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Wizdray: 1:23pm On Nov 10, 2013
Afam4eva: Satan gives them a very heavy knock on the head grin On a more serious note i've always wondered that also. I used to sleep in church especially in night services and the sleep is usually the strongest and sometimes, i would wish that a bed be presented to me at that spot. The funny thing is that i always pray that the service comes to an end as soon as possible and when the service eventually comes to an end, the sleep disappears.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by frudokafor(m): 1:25pm On Nov 10, 2013
I dont appreciate diz....Am actuali in dat pix @ op please put diz pix down
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Temitoper1: 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:
Because they are in their Father's house
lolz...
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Only when your spiritual fire is down, then the demon "distraction" finds a way of hindering you from listening to the message.

It is demonic to sleep in church during the service, if you take notice, people sleep just when the sermon starts.

It doesn't mean they are tired or had a sleepless night, their eyes open wide when its time to share "The Grace"

I used to experience it too. But one needs to pray against it and be more spiritual. When you are too hot for the devil, his sleep cant "catch" you!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by sweetestguy(m): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2013
Som pastors can b borin,dias dis 1,any sunday he wil preach I'll jus go outside to slip wela, he has annointin of sleepery
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by SirTunechi(f): 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
frudokafor: I dont appreciate diz....Am actuali in dat pix @ op please put diz pix down
the op has bribed you abi?
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by AmaraBrown(f): 1:28pm On Nov 10, 2013
Funny people with funny replies
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by victorazy(m): 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sermwell: This is because those so called men of God are merely repeating themselves! Giving false hope to those deluded members and some of them are already tired of those bullcrap! And this yeye sermons are most times unneccessarily long!...what else?...
May God 4giv ur nature
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
Afam4eva: Satan gives them a very heavy knock on the head grin On a more serious note i've always wondered that also. I used to sleep in church especially in night services and the sleep is usually the strongest and sometimes, i would wish that a bed be presented to me at that spot. The funny thing is that i always pray that the service comes to an end as soon as possible and when the service eventually comes to an end, the sleep disappears.
reminds me of one Nigerian movie, the devil was busy giving evrybdy sleep knocks.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by slyk2(m): 1:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
tpacalipse: Be careful! For some who sleep in church might be saved while those who observe and post their pictures online might perish. It might be good if all shud mind his or her business at church for veryone come but for different reasons.

U be learner, everyone is minding his biz of course.
U listen well - thats ur biz, U sleep - thats ur biz, U take pictures - thats his biz cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cheesy
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
Like i said before it is because of anointing, when you are under anointing you got to experience near comatose lethargic state that naturally you vamoose into sleeping, untill when the anointing stops your eye clears, this is from a personal experience. wink wink wink
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Tolubory(m): 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
Its caused by STRESS.
We work hard in this Country
Monday to saturday -5 am to 10 pm.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Jaywilzee(m): 1:55pm On Nov 10, 2013
Anointing dey catch dem grin
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by eluquenson(m): 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2013
So all this is happening in the church
Eleyi gidi gan ni o
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
End time sleep! but wait o, na this kine sleep dem dey sleep for night vigil. this is a night vigil sleep not a Sunday service sleep
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Pennywise(m): 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
Excessively long, even if interesting sermon. A sermon shouldnt exceed 1hr.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by IAMBREEZY: 2:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
sleeping things activated.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by mazizitonene(m): 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
frudokafor: I dont appreciate diz....Am actuali in dat pix @ op please put diz pix down
Congratz!! Ya mu.mu don reach FP grin
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by alex406(m): 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
When u are spiritually weak,devil uses sleep to take away d word of God from u. Exactly what happens almost in every church today. Imagine d sleep disappearing after sermon. Its not ordinary.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Fronkie(f): 2:09pm On Nov 10, 2013
Its wat devil is using now 2 rob ppl of dere blessings.More so in some churches 2day dey spend most of dere time in dancing nd d little time left 4 dem 2 here d word of God dey will now be sleeping cos dey r tired.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by mazizitonene(m): 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
Actually one of ma aunties would say itx the Devil that's blowing those peeps sweet breeze on their fore head so that they'l sleep and not hear the word of God from d pastor to effect a change in their lives....

But I actually think she has a point tho undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Sermwell(m): 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
victorazy:
May God 4giv ur nature
just because you don't want to hear the bitter truth abi? Even God knows that forgiveness of sins begins with you and your scum pastors!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Makana14(f): 2:12pm On Nov 10, 2013
greatgod2012: @op, that your photo up there isn't real.

Wat mks it fake?
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by mazizitonene(m): 2:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
Makana14:

Wat mks it fake?
Itx fake...Na photoshop...I got d pix from ma bbm..it has bn on ma fone for months now
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by alajor(m): 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
Mostly bcus the sermon is boring. Happens to me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goldie's Death Connected To Illuminati? / Kogi Muslim Woman: "Jesus Appeared To Me 4 Times & Said He Will Save Me" / Have You Seen This Photo Of Our President And Akwa Ibom State PDP Governor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.