Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Why Do People Sleep In The Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Sleep In The Church? (42123 Views)

10 Funny Ways People Sleep During Sermon / Why Do People Sleep In Church / Why Do People Sleep In Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by MrRomantic1(m): 4:36pm On Nov 10, 2013
all those saying maybe the preaching was boring! Make i hear word j0r! Is der any sermon that eva interest you? Or is that what you will tell God on the last day-That the sermon was too long,repeated and boring,that is why you couldn't make heaven

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2013
MrRomantic1: all those saying maybe the preaching was boring! Make i hear word j0r! Is der any sermon that eva interest you? Or is that what you will tell God on the last day-That the sermon was too long,repeated and boring,that is why you couldn't make heaven

Ok dem go ask u why u dey sleep for church on dat judgement day.....abeg,,,,u dey kwaze
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by chijokz(m): 5:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
There are different reasons why people sleep during service
1. Late night partying, owambe, etc
2. Very boring service
3. Working night shift
4. etc
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by donald987: 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2013
If dis is truly a church den it shld be aftr al 9t service considerin d populatn of sleepers
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Rexyl(m): 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sylvyangel: Nairalanders whats your take on this? Why do u think people sleep in the church during service

A cross section of some church members sleeping in the church

such postures can never be real when the service on, God's spirit is moving and people are alive in God. The picture is either deceiving or the worshipers are just waking up from a vigil.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by goldenHelen(f): 5:16pm On Nov 10, 2013
[color=#000099][/color]Pple wey devil dn kiss 4 inside church na dem dey sleep + dream about devil join
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Nov 10, 2013
What's with Christians and the word "perish" anyways? They just love that word.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by LadyH(f): 5:19pm On Nov 10, 2013
na only men dey go dat church?? oooooooooopiiiiiiii!!!!!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by sEGXY2(m): 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Harbosede02: Wen pple sleep in church,dey don't sleep dat deep na,d pix wasn't taken in church!
how u knw? guess you're an xpert.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by TrishaP(f): 5:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
I know this place,This is Madonna University shocked shocked. This is just how we crash during Sunday mass... Lmao!!!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
LMAO @ that pic... shove over lemme join grin grin grin grin grin

Long sermons, repetitious services, or uninspiring tone of voice will send me into a day dream or sleep.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by scaler345: 5:38pm On Nov 10, 2013
There's nothing that can put me to sleep like listening to sermon in the church.
It has a kind of soothing effect on my soul.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by duality(m): 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
people sleep in church when the prayer fire is low. People can not sleep when the fire on the alter is burning in high intensity.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Nov 10, 2013
scaler345: There's nothing that can put me to sleep like listening to sermon in the church.
It has a kind of soothing effect on my soul.

*noted for future usage* grin
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by simdam500(m): 5:53pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sir-Tunechi:
Because they are in their Father's house
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Eureka007: 5:59pm On Nov 10, 2013
Now every one ont this thread listern..if your spiritual life is burning for God there is no way,i say no way u will sleep in the church.this is a pure misery..each time my spiritual life is cold i always have excuses for either sleeping in the church.but when revival comes upon you u will forever long to be awake in Gods presence.even when the sermon apears boring to others...you will miraculously see jesus ,not the preacher.this is highly spiritual thing.you will never,i say never understand until u become a spiritual man.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Cutekriss(m): 6:00pm On Nov 10, 2013
Logicboy03: a) Saturday night late clubbing + hangover
b) Heavy early morning secxx
c) Boring sermon
d) Sweet A/C (air conditioning) in church on a hot day
e)Last night's Eba for breakfast (because of rushing to church and not time to prepare breakfast)
grin
Logicboy03: a) Saturday night late clubbing + hangover
b) Heavy early morning secxx
c) Boring sermon
d) Sweet A/C (air conditioning) in church on a hot day
e)Last night's Eba for breakfast (because of rushing to church and not time to prepare breakfast)
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by divinefrank: 6:07pm On Nov 10, 2013
Afam4eva: Satan gives them a very heavy knock on the head grin On a more serious note i've always wondered that also. I used to sleep in church especially in night services and the sleep is usually the strongest and sometimes, i would wish that a bed be presented to me at that spot. The funny thing is that i always pray that the service comes to an end as soon as possible and when the service eventually comes to an end, the sleep disappears.
.........SATAN @ WORK.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Akuneshiobike(m): 6:22pm On Nov 10, 2013
Pap with beans for breakfast!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by lepasharon(f): 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2013

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by callmebettyetta: 6:57pm On Nov 10, 2013
This could be The devil had pour out d spirit of sleeping. And secondly how will all d church member be sleeping at d same time.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by joelenesleek(f): 8:10pm On Nov 10, 2013
ANOINTING!!!
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
Originalsly: Maybe they are forced to go to church by their parents.....don't want to listen nor look at the devil incarnate on the pulpit trying to get richer.

How do you know a devil's incarnate when you see one?

I presume you are one of the demons he uses to put members to sleep in church.

GET THEE BEHIND ME!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by lirusehn(m): 8:26pm On Nov 10, 2013
Harbosede02: Wen pple sleep in church,dey don't sleep dat deep na,d pix wasn't taken in church!
ist time in history i *liked* ur post. Mtchew am out.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by bolinchin: 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
Afam4eva: Satan gives them a very heavy knock on the head ;I used to sleep in church especially in night services and the sleep is usually the strongest and sometimes, i would wish that a bed be presented to me at that spot. The funny thing is that i always pray that the service comes to an end as soon as possible and when the service eventually comes to an end, the sleep disappears.
.if its about a knock then satan is hitting you real bad.on a more serious note,make sure you rest properly b4 every vigil and make up your mind you wont sleep and in case u stil feel sleepy get some water to drink and wash your face then go sit in a place where the meanest usher can locate you.i tel u wat he wil be more than ready to keep u awake.be careful so your moment of breakthrough do not pass u by
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
greatgod2012: @op, that your photo up there isn't real.

Stage managed picture.... Funny people.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Funjosh(m): 8:37pm On Nov 10, 2013
That picture is not a picture taken from a church, those guys are in a borin lecture.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by biomedixexcel(m): 8:47pm On Nov 10, 2013
Satan is just trying to rob people of blessings designed for them by God

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by pheivor(f): 9:03pm On Nov 10, 2013
Judging from the photograph,almost all the members are asleep indicating that church is not yet active; they might have arrived church early & are waiting for night vigil to start. On the other hand church might hv closed after a vigil and they are all trying to catch some sleep before its day break.
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2013
Sermwell: just because you don't want to hear the bitter truth abi? Even God knows that forgiveness of sins begins with you and your scum pastors!
whoi is this fool?
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by DeolaPhilips: 9:31pm On Nov 10, 2013
Serious photoshopping
Re: Why Do People Sleep In The Church? by jimmydaviez: 9:56pm On Nov 10, 2013
Ahaaaaaaaaa!!! Na all church members go com de sleep? Which kind life na.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adeboye: My Friend Screamed Praise The Lord When We Heard Nigeria's N55trn Debt / My Experience As A Church Worker For 6months / Suleman: 3 Music Stars Will Die & A List Of My Prophesies That Came To Pass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.