Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,937 members, 7,835,122 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Religion Section 'awards Night' - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Section 'awards Night' (19843 Views)

Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 01, 2013
[size=15pt]Phase 1 Completed!!![/size]

Now that the panel has completed the task assigned to them and we await final word from them, I take this opportunity on behalf of all members of the Religion section to say a hearty THANK YOU and a job well done to the crew:

Good job guys!!!

5 Likes

Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Ishilove: 5:28pm On Nov 01, 2013
striktlymi: [size=15pt]Phase 1 Completed!!![/size]

Now that the panel has completed the task assigned to them and we await final word from them, I take this opportunity on behalf of all members of the Religion section to say a hearty THANK YOU and a job well done to the crew:

Good job guys!!!
Lwkmd!!! Spot on!!!! Lmao! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2013
Ishilove:
Lwkmd!!! Spot on!!!! Lmao! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

wink

We await the report. It is needed before Phase 2 can commence.

Thanks!
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by ATMC(f): 8:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
OMG!!!
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by ATMC(f): 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2013
lol at pagan9ja...has he seen this? striktlymi yhu got jokes
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 8:31pm On Nov 01, 2013
ATMC: lol at pagan9ja...has he seen this? striktlymi yhu got jokes

Lol!!!
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by MrTroll(m): 9:50pm On Nov 01, 2013
angry
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2013
striktlymi: [size=15pt]Phase 1 Completed!!![/size]

Good job guys!!!
lwkmd
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 01, 2013
Mr Troll: angry

Um...oops??

So sorry then...

If it's any consolation...that was the best looking 'Troll' I could find.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 02, 2013
Guys, hope there is no ish with collation? If there is please review and confirm:

1) What award(s) is to be given this year?

5 Awards are on the line:

A. Best overall poster
B. Best non-religious poster
C. Best or most interesting thread/topic.
D. Best christian poster
E. Best non-christian religious poster

2) How to nominate

- Each member can nominate 2 people.
- Only active members registered before 01/10/2013 can be nominated.
- A member can nominate him/herself if he/she meets the appropriate criterion for nomination
- Only 3 nominees with the highest number of nominations will be eligible to progress to the next stage of the elections.

3) Who has a right to nominate

Everybody can nominate on condition that they already made at least 30 posts in the religious section.

4) When to nominate. ie Time limit, etc

Nominations to take place for 5 days from 1st december to 5th december 2013.

5) How to vote

Only one thread to be used for voting.

6) Who has a right to vote

Only those registered before 01/10/2013 that have spent more than 1 day online and have made at least 30 posts on nairaland.

7) When to vote. ie Time limit, etc

10-15th December 2013 for voting.

8.) Rules and what if anything, the winner(s) get.

Each category winner gets one thread on the FP while the overall winner gets a thread stickied for one month
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by MrTroll(m): 9:54am On Nov 02, 2013
report coming up striky. dont preempt us angry
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 02, 2013
Mr Troll: report coming up striky. dont preempt us angry

Please do the needful, we still have work to do before the event commences.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Ishilove: 10:53am On Nov 02, 2013
Mr Troll: angry
grin
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 10:54am On Nov 02, 2013
Good work Striklymi!

I'm impressed by your work here. And well done too to the other organisers.

This is looking good. Una try, no be small.....

But striky.......I was truly skeptical about his intentions but this guy is dedicated to the stuff.....good work
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 02, 2013
Logicboy03: Good work Striklymi!

I'm impressed by your work here. And well done too to the other organisers.

This is looking good. Una try, no be small.....

But striky.......I was truly skeptical about his intentions but this guy is dedicated to the stuff.....good work

Thanks but the work is far from complete.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by MrTroll(m): 11:20am On Nov 02, 2013
Mr Troll: COMPREHENSIVE REPORT OF THE END OF YEAR RELIGIOUS SECTION AWARDS ORGANIZNG PANEL

Without having to say much nonsense by way of protocol, I’d like to go straight to the point…

This organization panel was formed with the help of striklymi and we were given the mandate of organizing how this year’s award was going to look like with the following options in mind:

What award(s) is to be given this year?

How to nominate

Who has a right to nominate

When to nominate

How to vote

Who has a right to vote

When to vote

Rules and what if anything, the winner(s) get.

The panel members decided to open a thread for the deliberations and each decision was subjected to a vote in which 4 votes were needed in order to carry a motion. The final deliberations are as follows…

1) What award(s) is/are to be given this year?

5 Awards were decided:

A - Best poster for the year
B- Best christian poster
C - Best Non-christian religious poster
D - Best thread
E - Best Irreligious poster

2) How to nominate

- Each member can nominate 2 people.
- Only active members registered before 01/10/2013 can be nominated.
- A member can nominate him/herself if he/she meets the appropriate criterion for nomination as stated above
- The 3 nominees with the highest number of nominations will be now stand to be voted for.

3) Who can nominate

Everybody can nominate on condition that they already made at least 30 posts in the religious section. This is excluding folks with known duplicate monikers. For example, Alfa Seltzer is allowed to nominate but all his other ‘Alfa bots’ are not allowed to nominate.

4) When to nominate

Nominations to take place for 5 days from 1st December to 5th December 2013.

5) How to vote

Only one thread to be used for voting in which the 5 categories will be listed. Each voter will state the category and then vote on the moniker that is up for vote.

6) Who has a right to vote

Only those registered before 01/10/2013 that have spent more than 1 day online and have made at least 30 posts on the nairaland religious section.

7) When to vote.

10-15th December 2013(inclusive) for voting.

8.) Rules and what if anything, the winner(s) get.

Each category winner gets one thread on the FP while the overall winner gets a thread stickied for one month

Pls note that option 8 is subject to the agreement of the religious section MODs. Also, if the MODs do agree to the suggestion, the winners will have to come up with threads that are worthy of making FP which will still have to be scrutinized by the MODs. On the other hand, if the FP option is not feasible as decided by the MODs then I personally suggest we make an E-plaque for the various winners.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 02, 2013
[quote author=Mr Troll][/quote]

Nicely put...I really appreciate the effort and level of commitment you guys demonstrated. The teamwork and mutual respect was spot on, despite the obvious mistrust, you guys proved to the rest of us that it is possible to work together even though we do not share the same belief or disbelief system. Thank you guys!

This officially marks the end of phase 1, now phase 2 can commence.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:07pm On Nov 02, 2013
top job troll.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 02, 2013
***Waiting***
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Ishilove: 1:13pm On Nov 02, 2013
Good job, Monsieur le Troll. Merci
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 02, 2013
[size=15pt]COMMENCEMENT OF PHASE 2[/size]

Hi all,

This marks the beginning of the second phase of the planning of this year's awards. In order to ensure a hitch-free and credible election process, it is important that another panel be put in place to ensure that the rules are properly implemented to the letter.

I would have asked the first panel to help out with this phase together with some other volunteers but I need people who are ready to sacrifice more than just their time and commitment because anyone who volunteers for this phase should be ready to forfeit the following:

1) Right to nominate anyone for the awards.
2) Right to be nominated by someone else or self nomination.

In other words, panel members can only get involved at the level of implementing the rules and regulations without getting involved in the elections proper. Please if you are willing to accept the above conditions, then indicate your interest. I will be glad to work with any of the former panel members if you guys choose to accept this.

Thanks!

#Other persons apart from the panel members are also free to indicate their interest too.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:43pm On Nov 02, 2013
why should phase 2 volunteers forfeit their rights?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 11:11pm On Nov 02, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: why should phase 2 volunteers forfeit their rights?

Basically because the work in phase 2 is a bit more sensitive. It would involve stuff like determining the make-up of the election sub-committee, provide a list of ids that would be barred from participating in the elections, attend to and investigate any complaint from the contestants or members and a host of other responsibilities.

In order for the members of the phase 2 panel to carry out their functions effectively, it is very important that they are not just neutral and impartial but they should be seen as such.

If the members of the phase 2 panel are allowed to have a stake in the elections, either by having their own candidates or are part of those nominated for the awards, then the purpose for which the panel is set up would have been defeated as they obviously will not be seen as impartial and neutral.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:11am On Nov 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Basically because the work in phase 2 is a bit more sensitive. It would involve stuff like determining the make-up of the election sub-committee, provide a list of ids that would be barred from participating in the elections, attend to and investigate any complaint from the contestants or members and a host of other responsibilities.

In order for the members of the phase 2 panel to carry out their functions effectively, it is very important that they are not just neutral and impartial but they should be seen as such.

If the members of the phase 2 panel are allowed to have a stake in the elections, either by having their own candidates or are part of those nominated for the awards, then the purpose for which the panel is set up would have been defeated as they obviously will not be seen as impartial and neutral.

I don't think this is a correct move. I am currently too drunk to expantiate.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 2:24am On Nov 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I don't think this is a correct move. I am currently too drunk to expantiate.

Okay, cool!

Let me know your thoughts when you are sober.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 03, 2013
ATMC: @striktlymi did u deliberately leave out the e plaquette troll included at the end of his post?
https://www.nairaland.com/1447917/religion-complaints-thread-sticky/21#19271173

Yes I did!

From Troll's report the e-Plaquette will only be necessary if the FP thingy is not feasible, though I believe the 'plaquette' can be created whether the request is favourable or not.

Anyways, I left it out because the 'plaquette' do not need the input of the mods and supermods to be implemented.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:58am On Nov 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Okay, cool!

Let me know your thoughts when you are sober.

How many "phases" do you have in mind?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

How many "phases" do you have in mind?

Two phases!

Phase 1: Rule making.

Phase 2: Rule implementation.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by ATMC(f): 8:29am On Nov 03, 2013
ok...i get u though not fully. i'll like to be a part of this. btw striky are you in or going to be the referee?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:40am On Nov 03, 2013
striktlymi:

Two phases!

Phase 1: Rule making.

Phase 2: Rule implementation.

It sounded like there's more. You spoke of "election sub-committee". What do you mean by that?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 03, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

It sounded like there's more. You spoke of "election sub-committee". What do you mean by that?

The phase 2 has one broad panel that would be in charge of overseeing the elections and related matters. The election sub-committee would be responsible for things like collating of election results.

They report directly to the phase 2 panel, who has no right to dictate to them how their job is carried out. The idea is that the phase 2 panel gives instructions and then back out till the results are collated and submitted.

The phase 2 panel would comprise credible members of the Religion section but the election sub-committee would probably not. Mr. Troll made a suggestion some time ago that we seek the help of folks like naptu2 to be in charge of result collation which I think is a good idea.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 03, 2013
ATMC: ok...i get u though not fully.

Um...okay! What area are you not too clear on?

ATMC:
i'll like to be a part of this. btw striky are you in or going to be the referee?

Thanks for volunteering! I will be part of the phase 2 panel as an ordinary member. This implies that I am inelligible to aspire to be the chairperson of that panel. It will afford me time to coordinate activities here.

So effectively, we have two volunteers already:

1) ATMC
2) Striktlymi

#Please we need more.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (27) (Reply)

Out Of 100k How Much Is My Tithe?? / What Gospel Songs Minister To You Most?? / Bishop Oyedepo: Hoodlums Looting, Damaging Properties Won't Go Unpunished

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.