Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,651 members, 7,823,845 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

The Promise - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Promise (701 Views)

How Do I Tell Her I Can No Longer Keep The Promise? / The Promise Ring / Who's That Nlander You've Secretly Had A Crush For And I Promise I Won't Tell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Promise by oxaloacetate(f): 10:59am On Oct 14, 2013
I hear various sounds like the gushing of a mighty waterfall:
Oh! Marriage is tough; I just can't keep that vow, please read the poem below:
'You loved me because I am young, elegant and strong, you cherish my youth which blossoms,
Like a flowering plant,
And you vowed to be with me till the end of time.
But time will come when the teeth that once were white,
Will be encrusted with green and yellow muck,
And will drop off leaving the mouth wholly putrid with smell.
But don't forget you once kissed those lips.
Time will come when the radiance on my face will fade away and my charming smiles become strange or full of contours;
These plumpy cheeks will sag, time will come when the seasons mock me as I lean on sticks, galloping because these feet nimble no more.
Time will come when the sweet fragrance of my youth fades away and the putrescence (smell) of the aged stinks.
BUT REMEMBER YOUR PROMISE!'

Culled from ODM devotional!
Re: The Promise by oxaloacetate(f): 11:02am On Oct 14, 2013
Frustration in old age is inevitable if marital love is based on beauty or riches as the set fragrance of youthfulness and allure of money fades
Re: The Promise by UjSizzle(f): 11:08am On Oct 14, 2013
Beautiful piece. Beautiful words smiley

1 Like

Re: The Promise by pasqal09: 11:50am On Oct 14, 2013
i hate poems
Re: The Promise by Sohot1(m): 12:56pm On Dec 15, 2013
Nice one
Re: The Promise by Gabreal1(m): 1:15pm On Dec 15, 2013
pasqal09: i hate poems
seriouzly?
Re: The Promise by pasqal09: 3:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
Gab-real:
seriouzly?
Yes

(1) (Reply)

Confused World / Few Wrong Reasons For Getting Married / Consent Form To Be Signed Before intimacy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.