Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,433 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only (7898 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation / .:: Christ Embassy Chatbox ::. For BLW Members ONLY / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 11:54am On Oct 23, 2013
ATMC: create new monikers how? have we not said dt voters would have registered before a certain time? besides, mods will take note of voters with same ip add. so let everybody vote...
when is the certain time? we have to make everything as unambiguous as possible. not after saying anybody can vote then when trouble starts we now start running helter skelter.

when you make laws, you should account for every possible loop hole that can be exploited and plug it BEFORE hand, not making the law and then sending a savior later... wink
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
ATMC: create new monikers how? have we not said dt voters would have registered before a certain time? besides, mods will take note of voters with same ip add. so let everybody vote...

Many people in Nigeria share the same ip. Two Nairalanders living in the same house might have the same ip. e.g, husband and wife, brothers, etc.

And no we haven't said that voters would be registered before a certain time. We only decided on who has a right to nominate.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:58pm On Oct 23, 2013
My suggestion is everybody that is registered before 1st of December can vote. Known multiple ids should not be counted.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
Vote time.

Who can vote in the awards?

1- Everybody
2- Only people who have made more than 30 posts in this section.
3- Everybody that is registered before 1st of December can vote.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2013
I vote 3.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2013
sorry Alfa, I think I made the suggestion for number 4 and I put 'and/or' which means that you can still vote even if you registered after 1st October provided that you have made more than 30 posts. pls review the options...
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2013
Mr Troll: sorry Alfa, I think I made the suggestion for number 4 and I put 'and/or' which means that you can still vote even if you registered after 1st October provided that you have made more than 30 posts. pls review the options...

Done.

1 Like

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Done.
thanks, I vote 2.

Edit: known multiples IDs should be discounted.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
I vote 3
because this time around some poeple joined my thread -the bible quiz and when i checked their proile i saw one with 5 post not Topic oooo....even though they have pass 30 post after playing for two days-thaz also a weakness on its own.... There r ppl lyk dat evrywhr on this forum
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 2:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
i vote 2
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
Divepen: I vote 3
because this time around some poeple joined my thread -the bible quiz and when i checked their proile i saw one with 5 post not Topic oooo....even though they have pass 30 post after playing for two days-thaz also a weakness on its own.... There r ppl lyk dat evrywhr on this forum
this your reason is also a weakness when voting for 3 too, albeit a greater loophole it is.

for what its worth, this particular part is quite tricky but we will have to try and make it as tight as we can. after thinking about it, I can still see some loopholes in my choice but then I still think its the best option out of the three we have so far....
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 3:26pm On Oct 23, 2013
I was in the running for Literature Poster of the year in the sectional awards last year. The user who eventually won went on a very aggressive campaign, recruiting users from all over Nairaland, many of whom had, prior to the awards, NEVER posted in the Literature section. At the end of the day, the user beat Ishilove by a mere ten votes. If I had done the same kind of gangster campaigning that she did, I would have won a landslide victory. It would have been a victory by a VERY huge margin.

What is my point? Users who we know are not religion section regulars should not be allowed to vote.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 3:28pm On Oct 23, 2013
^^^^^

so....your vote?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ishilove: I was in the running for Literature Poster of the year in the sectional awards last year. The user who eventually won went on a very aggressive campaign, recruiting users from all over Nairaland, many of whom had, prior to the awards, NEVER posted in the Literature section. At the end of the day, the user beat Ishilove by a mere ten votes. If I had done the same kind of gangster campaigning that she did, I would have won a landslide victory. It would have been a victory by a VERY huge margin.

What is my point? Users who we know are not religion section regulars should not be allowed to vote.

You should have put up arguments earlier. Now we are voting, what do you want us to do? Add your option?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2013
Ishilove: I was in the running for Literature Poster of the year in the sectional awards last year. The user who eventually won went on a very aggressive campaign, recruiting users from all over Nairaland, many of whom had, prior to the awards, NEVER posted in the Literature section. At the end of the day, the user beat Ishilove by a mere ten votes. If I had done the same kind of gangster campaigning that she did, I would have won a landslide victory. It would have been a victory by a VERY huge margin.

I have no problem with people campaigning. It shows that they take it seriously enough to make an effort to win it. That's democracy. Limiting voting to only your friends and acquaintances is a crude form of rigging.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

I have no problem with people campaigning. It shows that they take it seriously enough to make an effort to win it. That's democracy. Limiting voting to only your friends and acquaintances is a crude form of rigging.
Ala said it all...it will not make sense now...if you bring this for people to be voted for we can agree wit you
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
I VOTE 2. (and the user must be registered before 1st of OCtober so there is no chance of multiple accounts.

2 Likes

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
the user must be registered before 1st of OCtober so there is no chance of multiple accounts.

Too late.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:59pm On Oct 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

Too late.

why is it too late? angry

Its not too late.

we are in no hurry. we have no where to run.

1 Like

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
I VOTE 2. (and the user must be registered before 1st of OCtober so there is no chance of multiple accounts.
I second this.

2 Likes

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

why is it too late? angry

Its not too late.

we are in no hurry. we have no where to run.

Ok, let's sleep over it.

1 Like

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 8:02am On Oct 24, 2013
As you can see above, there was a late submission yesterday after voting has started. As far as I can tell, there is no objection to this submission and I am thus proposing that we nullify all previous votes on item 7 and start a new vote with the new suggestion included. The new voting will begin at 2 pm today (nig time), except if we receive a majority objection. In the meanwhile, please propose your suggestions before voting starts. NOT AFTER. Thanks.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 24, 2013
What will happen to those who have multiple accounts before,though i support this
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:26am On Oct 24, 2013
Divepen: What will happen to those who have multiple accounts before,though i support this

See the parable of the ten virgins. It's called planning ahead and jesus supports it.

On a serious note, there is no way of knowing unless a person confesses. Most @alfa monikers are mine but I have recently started seeing other alfa monikers that admirers are creating. I have other non-alfa monikers with different ips, so there's no way of knowing. That is why it is important that the person be a frequent poster on nairaland or at least we use the "time spent online" marker.

My suggestion is this. Those registered before 01/10/2013 that have spent more than 1 hour online and have made at least 30 posts on nairaland. No need to count posts. Just click on the persons profile and you can see all these information.

See yours below.

1 Like

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 9:28am On Oct 24, 2013
Divepen: What will happen to those who have multiple accounts before,though i support this
They will vote with just one of them. If they will use their church mind, that is.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 10:18am On Oct 24, 2013
So what are the new options?

I might not be available around 2pm...

I think I like Alfas new suggestion. At least the 3 criteria will make things tighter and any known multiple ID should be discounted while any ID that looks suspect will have to be investigated.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
Time for a new vote.

Who can vote for the awards?

1- Everybody
2- Only those registered before 01/10/2013 that have spent more than 1 day online and have made at least 30 posts on nairaland.
3- Everybody that is registered before 1st of October can vote.
3- Everybody that is registered before 1st of December can vote.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Shiloh 2015 Sermon Notes / Audio Bible — (Genesis to Revelation.) / Pope Claims Angels Greeting Mary As Being Full Of Grace Meant She Is Without Sin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.