Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,632 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only (7899 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists, Humanists, Sceptics Let's Now Form Our Organisation / .:: Christ Embassy Chatbox ::. For BLW Members ONLY / End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Phase 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:35pm On Oct 21, 2013
ATMC: having five stickied voting threads for the 5 categories will make vote counting easier.

Not necessarily.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
Five stickied threads will make the front page look very cluttered. I propose one voting thread because the truth five stickied threads might be confusing for voters. We will spell out each category in black and white and tell the voters to clearly state which category they are casting the votes for.

Or we could apportion dates for each category. For e.g. Best overall poster Dec7-Dec 9

Best irreligious poster Dec9-De11

Best thread Dec11-13

Etc etc etc etc

All in one thread.

This will be to ensure the process is orgsanised, because the simple truth is Nigerians have the propensity to disorganise things when it is not going in their favour, so clearly set times will be a good thing.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 9:43pm On Oct 21, 2013
I think it will be better if all the categories are put in one thread. that way it will look neater and less cumbersome. no chit chats will be allowed. its just 5 awards, it wont be too clustery.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2013
I av seen every sides and wen itz tym to vote ,i wl vote for the right one...
I kno seein too much sticky some ow annoys me...talk more of adding extra five wl worsen it.....

Later we shud thnk or look at this if a person decides to vote through a new account and because e knows the law...he made sure he commented on many threads so as to surpass 30 posts...
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
Ishilove: Five stickied threads will make the front page look very cluttered. I propose one voting thread because the truth five stickied threads might be confusing for voters. We will spell out each category in black and white and tell the voters to clearly state which category they are casting the votes for.

Or we could apportion dates for each category. For e.g. Best overall poster Dec7-Dec 9

Best irreligious poster Dec9-De11

Best thread Dec11-13

Etc etc etc etc

All in one thread.

This will be to ensure the process is orgsanised, because the simple truth is Nigerians have the propensity to disorganise things when it is not going in their favour, so clearly set times will be a good thing.

I don't know how it will feel making people come back every 2 days to vote. Better do everything at the same time.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 10:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
My opinion is to create one thread have different post of a category and a nominee. Then let the votes be realized through the likes the post gets
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:33pm On Oct 21, 2013
macof: My opinion is to create one thread have different post of a category and a nominee. Then let the votes be realized through the likes the post gets

I can despatch 50 alfabots to like a post in one hour.

3 Likes

Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 3:16am On Oct 22, 2013
five sticky thread wont cluster the front page at all, dts coz its the season and besides its something dt will last for an interval.
Having all the categories in one thread will be cumbersome...it will be more organised if there are 5 threads with the contestants.
Mods will help hide derailers' posts as there will be other threads where discussion can take place for instance the nomination thread.
its easier to count votes in the diff thread than in one thread.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:58am On Oct 22, 2013
ATMC: five sticky thread wont cluster the front page at all, dts coz its the season and besides its something dt will last for an interval.
Having all the categories in one thread will be cumbersome...it will be more organised if there are 5 threads with the contestants.
Mods will help hide derailers' posts as there will be other threads where discussion can take place for instance the nomination thread.
its easier to count votes in the diff thread than in one thread.

No, it will be less organised. It will require people clicking on 5 separate thread to vote instead of just voting on one. It will require mods moderating 5 separate threads instead of one. It is more cumbersome for the people counting votes.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2013
Morn all. Can we now put it to a vote and move on to the next agenda?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 8:51am On Oct 22, 2013
i agree with you o
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 9:00am On Oct 22, 2013
So wat are the options?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 12:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
Voting Starts today at 2 pm, nig time.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 1:46pm On Oct 22, 2013
i vote five
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
Voting in progress:

1 - One thread for all categories
2 - 5 threads, one for each category.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
I vote 1
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2013
I vote neither.

I vote we set aside separate dates for each voting on each category in ONE thread.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 22, 2013
I vote 1
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:38pm On Oct 22, 2013
I Vote 1.

In the format, for the vote to be qualified:

name _ category
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 3:48pm On Oct 22, 2013
Someone suggested this:
axion:

This is from the organizer's thread. I just want to add something to the first option: what about each person voting like this, on the same thread, for all categories.

- Best thread: Bla bla bla
- Best christian poster: bla bla bla
- Best this: meh
- Best that: meh meh
Etc.

All at once. It will make it easier to count the votes. I think 5 threads is too messy, and if it's one thread and people don't each drop all their votes for all categories at once, it can be very messy still.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 4:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ishilove: Someone suggested this:

That's for one thread and all votes at the same time. Is that your vote?
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Ishilove: 5:37pm On Oct 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

That's for one thread and all votes at the same time. Is that your vote?
Yes
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:53pm On Oct 22, 2013
Right. We have 4 votes for 1 thread.
Alfa, Ishilove, Divepen & Pagan
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Next on agenda is who can vote?

Suggestions please.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by MrTroll(m): 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Next on agenda is who can vote?

Suggestions please.

Regular religious section posters who must have registered before 1st October 2013 and/or made more than 30 posts in this section
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 6:12am On Oct 23, 2013
anybody can vote
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 23, 2013
Everybody can vote
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by macof(m): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2013
Everybody can vote
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:02am On Oct 23, 2013
Vote at 2 pm.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:06am On Oct 23, 2013
I am not happy with every and anybody voting because desperate people seeing their canditate lose might just create new monikers to vote. It is better that there's a way of avoiding this.
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by ATMC(f): 11:15am On Oct 23, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: I am not happy with every and anybody voting because desperate people seeing their canditate lose might just create new monikers to vote. It is better that there's a way of avoiding this.
create new monikers how? have we not said dt voters would have registered before a certain time? besides, mods will take note of voters with same ip add. so let everybody vote...
Re: End Of Year Awards Organisation Thread. Panel Members Only by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 23, 2013
ATMC: create new monikers how? have we not said dt voters would have registered before a certain time? besides, mods will take note of voters with same ip add. so let everybody vote...

Permit my intrusion. It's easy to switch ips for those who know how. wink

Regarding voting, my advice would be this
- Last year, we noticed Toba call for help from other Christians that aren't regulars here. Would that be against the rules this year?

What makes a 'moniker' a regular here? Most 'regulars' here only read and rarely contribute. So the task you have at hand now is to define who a regular is.

My advice is this.

Let the vote be open to monikers registered before this month. For a vote to be valid, each moniker has to nominate at least 3 other monikers in each category.

Just a suggestion. Back to the sidelines. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Audio Bible — (Genesis to Revelation.) / Pope Claims Angels Greeting Mary As Being Full Of Grace Meant She Is Without Sin / End-time Bible Teaching: Awareness Of False Prophets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.